The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2007, 04:10 PM   #2301
BMF Bronco
Offseason sucks...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ME

I know right?!
BMF Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 04:14 PM   #2302
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

I don't want the Rockies to be the laughing stock of the league even more by letting studs like Holliday, Atkins, Francis, Hawpe go for nothing because our owners are tighter than a 16 year old girl on prom night.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 06:21 PM   #2303
Paladin
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
I'm praying something happens so they don't
What? The Angel of Reason visit them? From what I have heard, the Monforts want to win on somepone else's money.....They have a sweetheart deal for Coor's field, and they have a bargain basement salary structure. I think they are making money....

It would be nice if they would sell out to Kroenke (sp) or a combo of Bowlen and Kroenke and a couple of billionaires from around here.
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 06:40 PM   #2304
BMF Bronco
Offseason sucks...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ME

Bowlen Kroenke combo would be phenominal!!!
BMF Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 08:18 PM   #2305
Seamus
Rust Contributor

Always something changing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
If the Rockies don't make it his year, I can see some possibilities for next year; the pieces are mostly there. All we have to do is get rid of the Monforts.........
Kind of not too much into baseball, however this time of year it crosses into being worthy to watch.
It was easy growing up in Colorado to be a Denver fan (except for the huge defeat to the cowbobs in the super bowl) Bolin has always put a great team out on the field.
Since I have lived in Arizona for 14 years and have seen the D-Backs from the beginning. This year with the new ownership they have built the team what I consider to be like the way the Bronco's have built their teams. It sure isn't a KC Royal club where they think "build it they will come".
To your quote, I see what Arizona has been doing this year (not really impressed with trying to bring Randy Johnston back) however the Diamondbacks are now a young team and winning. There pitching won't get them to the final this year, next year things should even be better, making the national west pretty competitive.
Seamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 08:20 PM   #2306
OrangeShadow
armed

and dangerous

go royals, with a detroit loss and a sox win we clinch at least a playoff spot
OrangeShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 08:35 PM   #2307
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
I don't want the Rockies to be the laughing stock of the league even more by letting studs like Holliday, Atkins, Francis, Hawpe go for nothing because our owners are tighter than a 16 year old girl on prom night.
They extended Francis over the winter, they've got to work on the other 3 now.
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 08:38 PM   #2308
TheChamp24

The Legend

I really wouldn't mind seeing Atkins traded if it meant getting a #2 or #3 starting pitcher in return. I know we can't keep everybody.
Of course, it would have to be a GOOD #2 or #3 starter...
Old 09-22-2007, 09:15 PM   #2309
Paladin
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I really wouldn't mind seeing Atkins traded if it meant getting a #2 or #3 starting pitcher in return. I know we can't keep everybody.
Of course, it would have to be a GOOD #2 or #3 starter...
Keep Atkins, send Hawkins and Julio to whomever for a box of pre-humidor baseballs.... See if Stewart can play a differrnet positon this next spring..... Trade Hawpe, get 3rd pitcher and a relief..... Or two.

KEEP EVERYONE ELSE.........
Old 09-22-2007, 10:09 PM   #2310
SpringStein
Ring of Famer

With Ian Stewart the next big thing for the Rockies, it makes more sense to trade Atkins than Hawpe, imo. Plus Hawpe is such a great defensive player, something Atkins won't be. Just don't "give" him away!
SpringStein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 10:36 PM   #2311
SpringStein
Ring of Famer

Anyone watching the Rockies game that can tell me why Holliday isn't playing tonight?
Old 09-22-2007, 10:39 PM   #2312
TheChamp24

The Legend

See, I thougth about saying trade Hawpe, but I love his defense. He has a great arm and makes a lot of plays out there. He is a solid bat too, just not against lefties.
I don't think theres a lot of pitching available free agency wise, so a trade would be most likely, and who has the most value? Atkins. I'd like to see if we could put Stewart somewhere, but where? 2B? Personally, I like Matsui at 2B for now, he adds some nice speed.
It all depends on what we could get for Atkins though. If the best is like a Braden Looper or Jeff Suppan, no thanks. Maybe we could try to pry Oswalt away from the Astros, although I doubt that could happen.

And I hope Holliday's injury isn't serious
Old 09-22-2007, 10:40 PM   #2313
TheChamp24

The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringStein View Post
Anyone watching the Rockies game that can tell me why Holliday isn't playing tonight?
He has a strained oblique muscle
Old 09-22-2007, 10:47 PM   #2314
SpringStein
Ring of Famer

Great timing!
Old 09-22-2007, 10:48 PM   #2315
TheChamp24

The Legend

I know, hopefully its not TOO serious. Watching the game on mlb.tv, so the Padre announcers are on.
2-0 Rockies so far though! Chased the starter out of the game now.

Oh, and Helton crushed one to Center but Cameron made a leaping catch at the wall. Probably would've been a double. SOOO close.
Old 09-22-2007, 10:56 PM   #2316
OrangeShadow
armed

and dangerous

WOOT back in the playoffs, now i want the division
OrangeShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 11:05 PM   #2317
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

It's nice to see the Dodgers step up with some real character games. I hope they show the same effort next week against the Rockies.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 11:09 PM   #2318
TheChamp24

The Legend

Okay, Rockies need the Phillies or Mets to start losing now too...
Old 09-23-2007, 12:05 AM   #2319
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Magglio Ordonez went 4-5 today (including his 50th double) to raise his average to .358

Ichiro is second in the batting title race at .351
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 12:22 AM   #2320
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
It's nice to see the Dodgers step up with some real character games. I hope they show the same effort next week against the Rockies.
Yeah they packed it in...play the kids Grittle!
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 12:27 AM   #2321
TheChamp24

The Legend

Hopefully the bullpen doesn't blow this lead and the Rockies hang on. With a win, they are only 2 1/2 back of the wild card, with the Phillies a 1/2 game back.
Old 09-23-2007, 12:56 AM   #2322
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Three strikes away. Three strikes away. Three strikes away. Three strikes away. Three strikes away. Three strikes away. Three strikes away. Three strikes away. Three strikes away. Three strikes away. Three strikes away. Three strikes away. Three strikes away. Three strikes away. Three strikes away. Three strikes away. Three strikes away. Three strikes away. Three strikes away. Three strikes away. Three strikes away. Three strikes away. Three strikes away. Three strikes away. Three strikes away. Three strikes away. Three strikes away. Three strikes away. Three strikes away. Three strikes away. Three strikes away. Three strikes away. Three strikes away. Three strikes away. Three strikes away. Three strikes away. Three strikes away. Three strikes away. Three strikes away. Three strikes away. Three strikes away. Three strikes away. Three strikes away. Three strikes away. Three strikes away. Three strikes away. Three strikes away. Three strikes away. Three strikes away.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 01:18 AM   #2323
Paladin
Ring of Famer

Rockies win, 6-2.

Game announcers said the Dudgers locker room was in a tizzy, pointing fingers and being just all pi$$ed off. I love it. So many years the Rockies had been treated like the red headed stepchild by the Dudgers and the Pads and, to some extent the Snakes, and it is great to see the wheel turn around.

I hope the Dudgers continue to fall apart.
Old 09-23-2007, 01:18 AM   #2324
cpad007
Bleed n Cry Orange n Blue

Okay, excellent...time to start the next 7-game winning streak. 2.5 games out of the Wildcard...someone beat the Phillies fer chrissakes!!
cpad007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 01:39 AM   #2325
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Rockies win, 6-2.

Game announcers said the Dudgers locker room was in a tizzy, pointing fingers and being just all pi$$ed off. I love it. So many years the Rockies had been treated like the red headed stepchild by the Dudgers and the Pads and, to some extent the Snakes, and it is great to see the wheel turn around.

I hope the Dudgers continue to fall apart.
Your right, Dodgers are falling apart big time, one week ago we were 1.5 out of the wildcard. We're done right now, which is why Grady Little should stop playing the vets and start playing some of the younger guys that are going to start making contributions next year. Get their feet wet. This is ridiculous to play over the hill players we are playing right now because they aren't doing ****.

I hope we do continue to lose and that the players start getting pissed off because I want Grady Little gone and probably Ned Coletti should be under some fire as well. Paladin did they say who was saying what?

Quote:
So many years the Rockies had been treated like the red headed stepchild by the Dudgers and the Pads and, to some extent the Snakes, and it is great to see the wheel turn around.
Competing for a wildcard berth doesn't exactly turn the wheels around Paladin...get some playoff success first.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote