The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2007, 08:16 PM   #2251
BMF Bronco
Offseason sucks...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ME

Thanks man!
BMF Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 08:30 PM   #2252
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

I think its a close race between Matt, Wright and Prince for the NL MVP. Personally, I don't think Wright should win it because that team is loaded IMO. And, I think Jose Reyes is the key to that team.
Matt's stats are better anyways, yet I guarantee he will come up #3 in the voting.
People will make the usual excuses:
"He played half his games in Coors Field, so thats why his numbers are so good."
"He played for a team that didn't make the playoffs."
"Who does this guy play for? Colorado? Pssh, no thank."

Seriously, its a joke how much David Wright and Prince get the national attention and Matt doesn't. The Rockies are only 3 wins behind the Mets, and they have a BETTER record than the Brewers.
The Rockies only chance IMO in making the playoffs is sweeping San Diego. If they don't, then they need to practically win out and hope San Diego flames out in the end. I think if they sweep the Padres, and then go 4-2 after that, making them end 7-2 and have a 88-74 record, it will be close. That would also mean the Padres could go at most 3-4, which is possible.
In reality, I think the Rockies need to win out, win these last 9 games, or go 8-1 at minimum. Will be very hard to do though...
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 02:58 PM   #2253
BMF Bronco
Offseason sucks...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ME

there was a great piece on Holliday last night on ESPN being the MVP, they conceded that he by all rights should be but if the Rox don't make the playoffs, that will be detrimental to his cause.
Old 09-21-2007, 07:16 PM   #2254
cpad007
Bleed n Cry Orange n Blue

The Rox finishing strong and MH getting 40 dingers will help a lot. They need to win out, end the regular season with a 14-game winning streak! Yikes, let's just take it one game at a time. How about 7 2-game winning streaks...all back to back!
cpad007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 07:31 PM   #2255
BMF Bronco
Offseason sucks...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ME

we can hope!
Old 09-21-2007, 08:42 PM   #2256
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMF Bronco View Post
there was a great piece on Holliday last night on ESPN being the MVP, they conceded that he by all rights should be but if the Rox don't make the playoffs, that will be detrimental to his cause.
Saw that, they were pimping him pretty damn hard. Maybe if they steal some games from the Pads this weekend!
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 11:52 PM   #2257
BMF Bronco
Offseason sucks...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
Saw that, they were pimping him pretty damn hard. Maybe if they steal some games from the Pads this weekend!
Like I said man, there is still a great chance we can get in, we control our own destiny, just need the Mets to keep slumping and the phillies win that division, we slip in after sweeping the pads and the Dodgers again!
Old 09-21-2007, 11:56 PM   #2258
OrangeShadow
armed

and dangerous

ladies and gents your american league cy young award winner.... Josh Beckett
OrangeShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 11:59 PM   #2259
TheChamp24

The Legend

Good game so far in San Diego. Peavy vs. Morales.
Morales I think can be WICKED good, he needs to get better control though, kinda like another lefty, Randy Johnson who struggled with control before dominating. Not saying he's as good, but man, his stuff is wicked.
And wow, I remember earlier in the year the Pads crew(I watch games on MLB.TV) asked a question how many Rockies won the batting title, and they excluded Galarraga. THey asked how many times a Rockie won the batting title tonight, which is 5, and this time they remembered Galarraga. lol
Old 09-22-2007, 12:01 AM   #2260
BMF Bronco
Offseason sucks...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ME

score? it's blacked out here damn it!
Old 09-22-2007, 12:13 AM   #2261
TheChamp24

The Legend

0-0 so far, halfway through.
Rockies really need to be patient. I think thats one thing these young kids need to work on, its okay to take a couple strikes. Cory Sullivan just popped out to short to end the top half of the 5th on a 2-0 count with runners on 1st and 2nd. Take a pitch or two.
Old 09-22-2007, 12:16 AM   #2262
BMF Bronco
Offseason sucks...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ME

holy ****, watching it online, pitchers duel!
Old 09-22-2007, 12:17 AM   #2263
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Quote:
holy ****, watching it online, pitchers duel!
Hey BMF...you should have been there Tuesday night...when Helton hit a 2 run HR with two outs in the bottom of 9. I believe he had two strikes also.
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 12:19 AM   #2264
BMF Bronco
Offseason sucks...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ME

I was watching it, totally jacked!!! I did make it to the Rockies opening day this year, so it's good luck, we WILL make the playoffs this year!
Old 09-22-2007, 12:21 AM   #2265
TheChamp24

The Legend

Morales had been throwing a no-no, didn't want to jinx him, but its over now. 4 1/3 innings of no hit ball. He struggled with control early in the game but now is on fire. Only 61 pitches through 5 innings too now.
Old 09-22-2007, 12:21 AM   #2266
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Quote:
I was watching it, totally jacked!!! I did make it to the Rockies opening day this year, so it's good luck, we WILL make the playoffs this year!
Fun night! H is getting me hooked on baseball! !
We went and had quite a few beers at the dugout.
...and yes, we made our flights on Wednesday!
Old 09-22-2007, 12:22 AM   #2267
BMF Bronco
Offseason sucks...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy View Post
Fun night! H is getting me hooked on baseball! !
We went and had quite a few beers at the dugout.
...and yes, we made our flights on Wednesday!
Um yeah, that whole missing a flight thing tends to be a pain in the ass!
Old 09-22-2007, 12:24 AM   #2268
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Quote:
Um yeah, that whole missing a flight thing tends to be a pain in the ass!
Depends on whether it's "on purpose" or not!
Old 09-22-2007, 12:35 AM   #2269
TheChamp24

The Legend

Man, I can't wait to see Morales pitch for a whole year next year. Could be ROY, but I think he won't be elgible next year anyways.
Old 09-22-2007, 12:40 AM   #2270
TheChamp24

The Legend

Nice hitting Todd!
1st and 2nd nobody out, Atkins up here in the 7th!
Old 09-22-2007, 12:44 AM   #2271
TheChamp24

The Legend

Way to go Hawpe! 1-0 Rockies!
Old 09-22-2007, 12:46 AM   #2272
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Go Rockies! Not that I am a fan, I just need the Padres to lose so My Phils can gain some ground.

Should be an interestin MVP race. Holliday should get some love finally. Tough race to call. I think there are 3 legit MVP canidates on the Phillies alone. Rollins, Utley and Howard. Howard doesn't have that good a chance because of his .265 avg, and record breaking K totals. His HR's and RBI's can't be ignored though. Utley is a flat out stud. He was leading in average for a while but I think Holliday retook that lead.
Rollins is probably the Phils best hope though. He has started every game for the Phils this season. His numbers as a leadoff guy are mind numbing. He is probably the best defensive SS in the NL if not all of baseball. He is also the true leader of the Phils team.
Since Rollins isn't a household name, I can't see him getting it. He should, but, he won't. Here are his numbers this season:

http://mlb.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=276519
phillybroncosnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 12:56 AM   #2273
TheChamp24

The Legend

I like Rollins, but Holliday and Wright have been having huge seasons.
And Holliday is in the top 5 in 8 offensive categories I believe. Thats incredible.
And Howard won't sniff the MVP. Almost 200 K's, a horrible batting average and a pretty poor extra base hits display.
And back to Rollins, Tulowitzki has a better fielding percentage than Rollins.
Can't go wrong with Rollins though. although its weird how he has a solid year, then a couple meh years, and then a couple solid years. Also, where the heck did his power come from? WHats up with these leadoff hitters hitting 30 homeruns?
Morales' night is over now. I cringe now watching the Rockies bullpen come into play
Old 09-22-2007, 01:20 AM   #2274
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
I like Rollins, but Holliday and Wright have been having huge seasons.
And Holliday is in the top 5 in 8 offensive categories I believe. Thats incredible.
And Howard won't sniff the MVP. Almost 200 K's, a horrible batting average and a pretty poor extra base hits display.
And back to Rollins, Tulowitzki has a better fielding percentage than Rollins.
Can't go wrong with Rollins though. although its weird how he has a solid year, then a couple meh years, and then a couple solid years. Also, where the heck did his power come from? WHats up with these leadoff hitters hitting 30 homeruns?
Morales' night is over now. I cringe now watching the Rockies bullpen come into play

I'm not gonna argue about Howard. It's unreal how he hits clutch HR's though. He has no discipline at the plate which is why his K's are astronomical.
Fielding % is overrated IMO. Rollins gets to balls that Tulo couldn't dream of getting too. That's not a knock on Tulo, it just speaks volumn's to Rollins defensive game. Tulo is an up and comer. Actually, he has already arrived. I'm damn impressed with the kid.

Rollins has become and absolute geinus at the plate. he knows exactly what to do in every scenerio. I never thought I would say that about Jimmy. I couldn't stand watching Rollins his first 3 or 4 seasons. Remeber "Willie Mays Hayes" from Major league 2 Movie? That's exactly how he played. Always wanting to hit the long ball as the leadoff guy. Problem was, he always overswung and got under everything. I always wanted to see him work the count and slap the ball to utilize his speed. he also was guilty at jumping on the first pitch he saw (yes, even when we were losing). As a Varsity Head Baseball coach, that's a major no no in my book.

Rollins has put together 4 straight good to great seasons. This one is his best. He's gonna end up hitting .295, 135 runs, 200 hits, 40 doubles, 20 triples, 30 HR's, 90 RBI's, 40 SB's.....

Here is the thing with Rollins. When Howard was out of the lineup for a month, the Phils kept winning. When Utley was out of the lineup, the Phils Kept winning. When Burrell played his usual "I suck at the plate and will cash the $13 million check for hitting under .200", the Phils kept winning. For as good as a lineup that the Phils have, there is one constent.... Jimmy Rollins.

As far as his power, he has always had good power. he just never had the correct plate management, and his swing was terrible. Since he has figured out how to be a better hitter (brain and mechanics), he has been crushing the ball.
phillybroncosnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 01:28 AM   #2275
TheChamp24

The Legend

Damn, Corpas gave up a meatball pitch to Adrian Gonzalez and its 1-1 now in the bottom of the 9th.

on Rollins, I'd say he's had solid seasons(decent, good) the past 3 years. Great? Not until this year.

Last edited by TheChamp24; 09-22-2007 at 01:31 AM..