The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2007, 11:29 PM   #1476
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champbailey View Post
I know, I am walking distance from Coors Field. I would go to this series and I usually sit in left field about 3-4 rows up from the field and they cost me 22 bucks apiece but they jacked up the prices big time, no thanks Monforts.
Cripes...I think the Madres only increased their ticket prices by two to $5 a ducket for their "premium" games...which of course includes the Blowhard Red Sox this weekend.
Pendejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 11:32 PM   #1477
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendejo View Post
Cripes...I think the Madres only increased their ticket prices by two to $5 a ducket for their "premium" games...which of course includes the Blowhard Red Sox this weekend.
They're not owned by the Monforts. Those guys pinch pennies hard enough to make Abe Lincoln scream.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 11:35 PM   #1478
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

Man, go Rockies! That Holliday shot was a BOMB. I didn't see the play at the plate when Helton was thrown out, my mlb.tv vid is acting kinda screwy here. But man, coming up with clutch hits. 6-1 in the 9th, game over IMO.
Taking 2 from the Yanks, wohoo.
And Francis has pitched amazing too.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 11:36 PM   #1479
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendejo View Post
Oh yeah, cost me 22.50 to sit 3-4 rows up from Left field. Section 152 to be exact and now for this Yankees series it costs 49.50. WTF.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 11:42 PM   #1480
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
Man, go Rockies! That Holliday shot was a BOMB. I didn't see the play at the plate when Helton was thrown out, my mlb.tv vid is acting kinda screwy here. But man, coming up with clutch hits. 6-1 in the 9th, game over IMO.
Taking 2 from the Yanks, wohoo.
And Francis has pitched amazing too.
Yeah I was watching the Jays and the Dodgers on MLB.TV earlier and it was pausing on and off. I turned it off, Dodgers were suckin anyways.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:45 PM   #1481
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

What's up with the Rockies jacking up the ticket prices for the Yankees series?

I know that the Yankees are a big draw, but there are a lot of Rockies fans that have sat through some piss poor baseball and deserve to see the Yankees series at an affordable price.

Pretty shortsighted.
SouthStndJunkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 11:48 PM   #1482
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post

I know that the Yankees are a big draw, but there are a lot of Rockies fans that have sat through some piss poor baseball and deserve to see the Yankees series at an affordable price.

Pretty shortsighted.
Again, it's the idiot owners who care nothing about fan relations and only about grabbing as much cash as they can. This series was their chance to gouge the paying customers and they took it.

No one here is surprised, believe me.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:55 PM   #1483
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

BTW some decent tickets at reasonable prices still available for the Rockies vs Mets game on 4th of July...
Old 06-21-2007, 12:09 AM   #1484
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange View Post
Matt Holliday with a 442 foot bomb off of Andy Pettitte.
Pettitte's reaction was great
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 12:26 AM   #1485
Tredici
Ring of Famer

Can we please not have an All Star break this season? I'm sure Rockie fans understand the sentiment....
Tredici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 12:31 AM   #1486
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Matt Holliday with a 442 foot bomb off of Andy Pettitte.
LOVED THAT! Pettitte knew it was gone the instant it hit the bat. They have GOT to work something out with Holliday. I've said it before, but he's the litmus test as to the sincerity of "the plan." They have said they were willing to spend money on free agents this offseason, but that there wasn't anyone that made sense. Great! That means they have money in the bank to put towards the Holliday contract.

I'm loving this - Rockies fans deserve a run like this. I only hope they can keep it up.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 12:37 AM   #1487
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tredici View Post
Can we please not have an All Star break this season? I'm sure Rockie fans understand the sentiment....
I was listening to 950 The Fan the other day and someone e-mailed in something along the lines of the following.

Dear Rockies Fans,

Enjoy winning games now, I'll be there soon to restore things to their natural order.

Signed,
The All-Star Break

I wish that weren't true.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:08 AM   #1488
Tredici
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I was listening to 950 The Fan the other day and someone e-mailed in something along the lines of the following.

Dear Rockies Fans,

Enjoy winning games now, I'll be there soon to restore things to their natural order.

Signed,
The All-Star Break

I wish that weren't true.
Ah yes. The half a season team as it were. In other related news I heard Peter Forsberg and Dan Hinote sat together enjoying last night's game....
Tredici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 01:16 AM   #1489
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tredici View Post
Ah yes. The half a season team as it were. In other related news I heard Peter Forsberg and Dan Hinote sat together enjoying last night's game....
I'm telling you, 21 is coming home.....

Anyway, so as not to hockeyjack the baseball thread, here's how good Jeff Francis was tonight. He recorded 21 outs: 9 via strikeout, 11 groundouts and just one fly ball out.

He was 1-4 with a 6.19 ERA on May 2nd. He's since raised his record to 7-5 and lowered his ERA to a very respectable 3.43.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:22 AM   #1490
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Man the rockies are on FIRE. They lit up Andy Pettite tonight. Get a good look at Holiday while you can Rocks fans as the cheap ass Monforts will surely let him go refusing to pay what he will garner in FA.

I am a die hard Boston fan and a Rockies fan so this series has been amazing. The Rockies are fun to watch and the Suck Ass Yankees sitting 10 back again is just awesome. I loved seeing the Yanks faces at the end of the game tonight.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 11:11 AM   #1491
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Originally Posted by WABronco View Post
Can Jeff Weaver pull off the impossible and pitch into the 5th inning?

Did the M's come across perhaps the worst pitcher in MLB, and he's on the other team (WHAT?)?
No...what you came across was the very definition of "Inconsistant" and "Medicore".....look both of them words up in the dictionary and you'll see this:

I'm not very happy....The Bucs had a chance to take the series against Weaver and his 10+ ERA and blew it....and now tonight's rubber match, they have to send out John Van Benschoten, basically a rookie, all because Snell can't make chicken without burning himself.

I tell you, being a Pirates fan is one of the toughest things anyone in the world can be.
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 11:36 AM   #1492
PatsWin2002
Giggity

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post

Pretty shortsighted.
I agree with you. Your fans deserve better. Maybe looking at the Red Sox ticket prices will make you feel better.
Attached Images

PatsWin2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 12:01 PM   #1493
ColoradoBuff
Ring of Famer

In Manning We Trust......

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeShadow View Post
go rockies tonight, beat those damn yankees

Sure thing....already took a series from them Dirty Sox!!!
ColoradoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 02:49 PM   #1494
Crowpointer
Patriots Fan

Bill Belichick-Hingham's finest

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Brady

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsWin2002 View Post
I agree with you. Your fans deserve better. Maybe looking at the Red Sox ticket prices will make you feel better.
You know it is hard to believe but those field boxes used to be $18 (around 1990) and they proceeded to go up every year until they are now $105. My old office had 2 front row seats ( field box 60 row A) 20 feet to the right of the visiting dugout on third base side They were they best seats in Fenway and I got them at least twice a year for 13 years. Then when Henry bought the team he put those 3 rows of dugout seats in front of them. Row A was now the fourth row and I couldn't put my beer up on the wall. I was still the same distance from the field but it just wasn't the same. I left that firm a few years ago and my new office had good seats but nothing like my old office. Long story short we just took on a new partner about a month ago and he has seasons that he will allow the office to use (clients mainly but we will get games as well) front row on top of the Red Sox dugout! I have already staked the July 15th game next month to take my son to his first game for his 6th birthday. The only problem for him as he gets older is that he may never again get seats as good as the ones dad took him to when he was a kid.
Crowpointer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 04:22 PM   #1495
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

You know if the team where to put the money they are getting from gauging the fan base for the Yankees back into the team it would be great. The problem is this lousy ownership refuses to pay players. so this whole thing about the rockies building from within is great and all but every 4 years when the players explode they are going to let them walk rathr than pay. At least that is what they have demonstrated so far. They traded Jennings knowing they wouldn't pay what he was going to get offered when he hits FA. Same thing could happen with Holiday, Atkins, and Fuentez. They won't pay to keep their talent around. Even if it means the fan base will return with a talented team. They are just greedy POS owners relishing in revenue sharing.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 04:32 PM   #1496
Jens1893
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApaOps5 View Post
You know if the team where to put the money they are getting from gauging the fan base for the Yankees back into the team it would be great. The problem is this lousy ownership refuses to pay players. so this whole thing about the rockies building from within is great and all but every 4 years when the players explode they are going to let them walk rathr than pay. At least that is what they have demonstrated so far. They traded Jennings knowing they wouldn't pay what he was going to get offered when he hits FA. Same thing could happen with Holiday, Atkins, and Fuentez. They won't pay to keep their talent around. Even if it means the fan base will return with a talented team. They are just greedy POS owners relishing in revenue sharing.
You do make some good points, but even some die hard Monfort haters are cutting the Rox a break on the Jennings deal.
Jens1893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 04:53 PM   #1497
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WABronco View Post
Can Jeff Weaver pull off the impossible and pitch into the 5th inning?
The league was batting .413 against Weaver this season. .413! Yet he manages to four hit the Pirates last night.

The shutout lowered his ERA to 8.56 on the season.

-Slap- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 04:54 PM   #1498
SpringStein
Ring of Famer

Nationally most writers felt that the Rockies did very well on the Jennings deal. And that is looking more and more like the case.

Clemens is out after going 4 1/3. Rocks hanging on to a 3-2 lead.
SpringStein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 04:55 PM   #1499
bfoflcommish
Time for Broncos Football

GO..........BRONCOS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

Rox chased Rocket after 4 and a third....up 3-2 with 2 on bottom of 5
bfoflcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 05:02 PM   #1500
SpringStein
Ring of Famer