The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2007, 02:25 AM   #1426
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

A bit on Helton & the Yankees from cbs sportsline.

Quote:
Interestingly, a Helton/Yankees marriage is getting some talk in the Denver Post. Initially, it was thought that Helton would reject a trade to the Bronx, which is his right to do as a 5-and-10 player. But he has recently raised some eyebrows by saying, "I have never said publicly that I wouldn't go to any team." When asked if that included the Yankees, he responded, "They'd have to want me first."

Helton's exit from Colorado would open up a slot for prospect Joe Koshansky. The 25-year-old lefty is hitting .324 with seven homers and 48 RBI at Triple-A Colorado Springs currently. Jeff Baker might initially get the first crack at the spot, however. Another option there is moving Garrett Atkins to first base, and calling up super prospect Ian Stewart to play third base. Stewart is the best hitting prospect of all involved.
Helton isn't going anywhere while the Rockies are playing well, but this could be re-visited should they hit their usual July swoon.

I will say this, it wouldn't shock me at all to see them shop Garrett Atkins regardless of how they're playing. Stewart is really heating up in AAA and the Angels have been rumored to be interested in Atkins for some time. Stay tuned.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 02:38 AM   #1427
Jens1893
Ring of Famer

Could a Helton trade open the door for a Matt Holliday contract extension?
Jens1893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 04:21 AM   #1428
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

I would love the Rockies to sweep the Yanks and get some big time national attention for their streak they are on. Love how a lot of media outlets show no respect towards the Rockies. Although Boston and NY TV announcers respected the Rockies and said they are not a team to be taken lightly basically.
I don't really expect more than a split in the next 2 games though, and thats kinda hopeful thinking.

Also, man, what happened to Jason Schmidt? I bet the Dodgers are regretting that contract they got him for.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 07:12 AM   #1429
OrangeShadow
armed

and dangerous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Maybe someday the Mariners will buy a championship so that we get the luxury...
Well maybe if you guys had over a 100 year history like the red sox you would have a big market and be able to spend money. And the red sox didnt "buy" their championship. Considering many of the players on the 2004 roster had been there for many years.

Not my fault the sox have had devoted fans for over 100 years while you're teams barely been around for 30.
OrangeShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 09:00 AM   #1430
Crowpointer
Patriots Fan

Bill Belichick-Hingham's finest

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Brady

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeShadow View Post
Well maybe if you guys had over a 100 year history like the red sox you would have a big market and be able to spend money. And the red sox didnt "buy" their championship. Considering many of the players on the 2004 roster had been there for many years.

Not my fault the sox have had devoted fans for over 100 years while you're teams barely been around for 30.
Rep to the Shadow on this one.
Crowpointer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 09:47 AM   #1431
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:

As a Pirates fan, I can somewhat call bullshat on this notion....it all comes down to having an owner who is more interested in putting the team's revenue back into the team itself rather than line his own pockets with it. 100 Year history and a big market have little to do with it (see Cleveland, Oakland, et. al.)

Case in point, most wouldn't be able to guess that the Pirates were the 4th most profitable franchise in MLB last year.....and I can pretty much guarentee those profits didn't go back into the team.

BTW...pretty good showing by the Bucs last night in their first ever trip to Seattle....with Weaver on the mound for Taco's Troops tonight, there's no reason in the world why the Bucs shouldn't be able to take this series given his ERA is above 10.
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 10:03 AM   #1432
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN

All dat force

Quote:
you've obvisouly not watched coco play at all. He doesnt have the best arm but he covers more ground and makes more amazing catches than anyother CF.

sorry you guys out in washington dont get to watch REAL baseball.
HAHAHAHAHAHA

Surely, you've heard of this Ichiro fellow from Japan. SURELY
WABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 10:08 AM   #1433
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN

All dat force

Quote:

Yea, well, not my fault...that...ummm...we weren't even awarded an expansion franchise until 1977.

Besides, the problem is not money, the problem is management.

Oh, and Putz>Paps.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:10 AM   #1434
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN

All dat force

Buster Olney is reporting that SD just acquired Michael Barrett from Chicago. No word on the return.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:22 AM   #1435
OrangeShadow
armed

and dangerous

Quote:
Originally Posted by WABronco View Post

Oh, and Putz>Paps.
well lets see.

Papelbon has a career ERA of 1.61 runs lower than putz
In 3 less years pap only has 91 Ks less than putz
lower WHIP
lower batting average against

Ill take a 3 year younger more dominant papelbon over putz.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:25 AM   #1436
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

All it took was a world championship for Red Sox fans to become every bit as insufferable as Yankee fans.
-Slap- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 10:26 AM   #1437
ColoradoBuff
Ring of Famer

In Manning We Trust......

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

How 'bout them Rockies!!!! Downed the Dirty Sox....now going after 'dem darn Yanks!!!
ColoradoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 10:51 AM   #1438
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN

All dat force

Quote:
well lets see.

Papelbon has a career ERA of 1.61 runs lower than putz
In 3 less years pap only has 91 Ks less than putz
lower WHIP
lower batting average against

Ill take a 3 year younger more dominant papelbon over putz.
No no no. Putz pre-closer sucked balls (comparitively speaking, anyways). Putz the closer is the best in baseball.

Look at the WHIP, look at the BAA, look at the K/9, look at the K/BB...if you're into metrics you can go look at what BP has to say.

Next on the agenda:

Lump of dirt>Joel Pineiroid.

Last edited by WABronco; 06-20-2007 at 10:56 AM..
Old 06-20-2007, 11:13 AM   #1439
ro_50
Ring of Famer

My Tribe are barely holding on and living on the edge.

Hafner's been in a miserable slump. Wonder if he's thinking about his contract, which expires after the '08 season.
ro_50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 12:05 PM   #1440
OrangeShadow
armed

and dangerous

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Slap- View Post
All it took was a world championship for Red Sox fans to become every bit as insufferable as Yankee fans.
How so exactly?
Old 06-20-2007, 01:49 PM   #1441
Paladin
Ring of Famer

Snobbishly arrogant.
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 01:50 PM   #1442
Crowpointer
Patriots Fan

Bill Belichick-Hingham's finest

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Brady

Quote:
How so exactly?
Don't bother Shadow. Trying to explain what's it's like growing up in NE with the Sox to someone who didn't is futile. Not everybody can be a Sox fan.
Crowpointer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 02:08 PM   #1443
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WABronco View Post
Buster Olney is reporting that SD just acquired Michael Barrett from Chicago. No word on the return.
Rob Bowen, and minor leaguer Kyler Burke. Apparently Towers asked for Greg Maddux's input before pulling the trigger (due to Barrett's temper), and he gave them a thumbs up.
Pendejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 02:27 PM   #1444
OrangeShadow
armed

and dangerous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Snobbishly arrogant.
Im neither of those things. My entire life the sox were up and down and was there every step of the way. 2004 was a year i will never forget but unlike a lot of yankee fans i dont think my team is entitled to win the world series every year. Sure after 2004 they're are some bandwagon fans of the Red Sox but the vast majority of red sox nation went through a lot before winning it all.

I just take offense towards people who think every sox fan is snobbish and arrogant because of 2004 when its just not true. Do i think ESPN is biased towards the sox,yanks,cubs,mets and other big market teams? yes i do. Is it right? no. If i had it my way there wouldnt be any bias by ESPN. Id LOVE to see other teams get coverage just like id love to see the broncos get more national coverage. But until those other teams start bringing in big money to ESPN they wont get coverage because making money is all ESPN cares about for the most part.

Snobbish and arrogant? no
fan of a team that happens to become favored by ESPN over the past few years? yes.

So if you want to blame me for ESPN covering my favorite team more than yours go ahead. But i was a sox fan long before ESPN favored them and i will be one long after.
Old 06-20-2007, 05:45 PM   #1445
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

All I know is that opposing teams owners love when the Sox come into town. It the only time some of them sell out thier staduims.

Don't blame the Red Sox or the Yankees because the ownership groups are willing to put a quility product on the field. If other owners realize that to make money you need to spend money then there the field would be lot more level.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 06:52 PM   #1446
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN

All dat force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendejo View Post
Rob Bowen, and minor leaguer Kyler Burke. Apparently Towers asked for Greg Maddux's input before pulling the trigger (due to Barrett's temper), and he gave them a thumbs up.
Pretty sweet deal for you guys, IMO. An offensive upgrade has to look good.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:08 PM   #1447
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN

All dat force

http://ussmariner.com/2007/06/20/let...e-for-nothing/

Pretty interesting analysis of the situation the M's are facing with Ichiro, the pending FA.

Basically, there is no clear advantage in trading him for 'spects over letting him walk and taking two high picks.

As of right now, I'd like to see him stay and try and re-up him to form an FA-Adam Jones-Ichiro outfield in '08.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:15 PM   #1448
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post

Also, man, what happened to Jason Schmidt? I bet the Dodgers are regretting that contract they got him for.
Yeap, though many baseball pundits claimed it was a good signing by the Dodgers. While it looks like a bad signing now, Chad Billingsley takes over for Jason "Dreifort" Schmidt. C-Bill has a lot of talent and has shut down hitters this year in relief. Has amazing stuff.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 07:18 PM   #1449
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynchmob72 View Post
Jason might miss the rest of the season. Penny was outstanding tonight, when the pitching staff gets run support thay pitch very well.
I've seen this before with Penny, he does great in the first half of the season and then takes a giant **** in the second half. Hopefully it's different this year.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 07:58 PM   #1450
OrangeShadow
armed

and dangerous

WOOT sox already up 5 nothing
leadoff homer for drew
3 run bomb for coco(missed how they got the other run)

make that 7-0, 2 run BOMB for papi after he made a nice over the shoulder catch in foul ground

Last edited by OrangeShadow; 06-20-2007 at 08:09 PM..