The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2007, 04:43 PM   #1351
SpringStein
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
I'd ad the Broncos not being able to beat the 49ers at home, but Cutler gets a pass.
And Plummer gets an INT!
SpringStein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 10:39 PM   #1352
SpringStein
Ring of Famer

With Dodgers and Padres losing, if the Rocks can hold on to this 5-2 lead, they will close the gap to 4 1/2.

The usual time of year before the annual slide.

*edit* It was Giants and Padres losing, not Dodgers. I'm crazy.

Last edited by SpringStein; 06-15-2007 at 10:43 PM..
SpringStein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 10:51 PM   #1353
MechanicalBull
Interesting Times Ahead

Mets end their five game losing streak by beating the Yankees 2-0. Reyes with an awesome night going 3-3 with one walk, 1 hr, 2 rbi, and 3 sb.

Every time I bench someone on my fantasy team(ie Oliver Perez) they always do good.
MechanicalBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 11:04 PM   #1354
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN

All dat force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Mangini was drafted for a reason. He's a solid hitter and a sound defender. It'll probably be a year or so before he gets into the bigs, but being an established hitter in college should make his transition into AA or AAA (wherever he'd go) easier and he should be able to move through the minors quickly. (Which is what I liked about a lot of the pitchers we took, and some of our other guys, like the OF from Oklahoma - experience will help them get through quicker, I'd hope.)
Mangini will probably end up at 1st, and I'll be surprised if he's in AA to start next year.

All that matters is that he swings lefty and he's flashed offensive ability (he was thought of as the no. 2 bat behind Weiters in the pre-season).

If anyone's gonna replace Beltre, in the future, it's gonna be Carlos Triunfel...he's in low-A right now.

Quote:
Maybe Vidro isn't as bad as I think, maybe I'm just spoiled from Edgar. Probably. MFKIN BEAST.
Nah, he's a pretty bad option as a DH. He's actually been league-average (which is better than anything we've had for a while at that spot), but your DH shouldn't be a slap hitter.

Quote:
I expect us to make a move for pitching. We could use another quality starter, someone who could be a #2, hopefully
Gammons said we're looking at Buerlhe (or however you spell his name). To get a guy like that, though, we'd have to sacrifice some sweet talent for a guy who probably won't even stick around after the season.
WABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 01:27 AM   #1355
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Oreno chinko swe, Ros Angeres Angers ob Anaheimu!!

24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 01:36 AM   #1356
Paladin
Ring of Famer

Rockies "held on", alright. 12 - 2. Wouldn't it be sweet if they couold sweep the Rays? Makes for a more interesting pre-All Star scenario. But I am not so sure that we will see the annual swoon. But it does depend on that swing through the left coast......
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 01:45 AM   #1357
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

That's the second straight game in which the Rockies handed a previously unbeaten starter his first loss of the season.

Nice to see Holliday snapping out of his RBI drought.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 01:54 AM   #1358
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Eh, Buehrle is an okay option. :/
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 01:57 AM   #1359
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Never heard of Carlos Triunfel until you mention, he's really young. 17? Wow. Couple of years. . . 3-4 and maybe we'll see him, eh?
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 03:15 AM   #1360
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Did anyone catch the utter sykness of Halladay tonight? He was throwing some wicked, wicked stuff.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 07:47 AM   #1361
Crowpointer
Patriots Fan

Bill Belichick-Hingham's finest

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Brady

Nice to see the great reception for Dave Roberts. Bonds of course got the reception everone expected (the asterisks were a nice touch). Pedroia 5 for 5 with 5 RBI's .Gotta love this kid.
Attached Images

Crowpointer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 02:07 PM   #1362
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Padres and Cubs just had a nice little go 'round. Chris Young plunked Derrek Lee, words were exchanged as Lee went to first and Lee & Young started throwing punches at each other (neither landed). Benches & bullpens emptied, the whole nine. There was a pile up and Carlos Zambrano looked like he wanted to a piece of someone from the opposing team for a change.
Old 06-16-2007, 02:10 PM   #1363
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

I guess the back story here is that Jake Peavy was quoted in the paper responding to Alfonso Soriano posing and admiring his home run from yesterday with, "I'd like to see the next guy take one in the ribs." This is the second time in a week that Soriano has drawn the ire of an opponent by showing up the opposing pitcher after a home run.
Old 06-16-2007, 02:16 PM   #1364
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Here's the article.

Strutting Soriano infuriates Padres.

CHICAGO – On a festive afternoon at Wrigley Field, the Bleacher Bums couldn't contain themselves and neither could Cubs slugger Alfonso Soriano.

The Padres were pretty much bystanders to a 4-1 defeat, able only to threaten an unimposing pitcher, Ted Lilly, and unable to match the slugging power of Soriano and rookie Mike Fontenot.

The game itself, though, was almost incidental to the antics of two intrusive fans and Soriano, whose behavior drew strong comments afterward from Padres pitchers David Wells and Jake Peavy.

Let's start with Soriano. A former Yankees teammate of Wells, he is widely admired among players for his durability and for whipping an unusually heavy bat.

However, admiration isn't what Soriano inspired from the Padres in the sixth inning yesterday after he swatted a Wells pitch over the left-field wall and onto Waveland Avenue.

Soriano sashayed backward toward first base for several strides, admiring his solo homer and 11th overall, which had just made the score 4-1. It came three at-bats after Fontenot's two-run home run broke a 1-1 tie.

Wells didn't see Soriano's strut because he was watching the ball, but the entire Padres dugout got a good look.

“I didn't appreciate that. Just play the game,” Peavy said. “They pay him $136 million to hit home runs. They don't pay him to be a circus act on the field. If I think a player shows me up like that, I like the next guy to take one in the stinkin' ribs. That way, his teammate will let him know about it, (he) will tell him, 'Hey, you'd better run the bases.'

“Respect the game. That's the way it used to be. When you were growing up, did you see anybody act like that? Now it's accepted.”

Wells said he could understand a hitter preening after walloping a “massive” home run that, say, clears Waveland and strikes a building. But that wasn't the case. “I don't like people to show me up,” he said. “Respect the game. I take offense when people stare at (their home run). I don't show (hitters) up. I respect the game and the players.”
--------------------

I like it. Far too many hitters these days are admiring their shots and walking up the line staring at their home runs before they break into a trot. You show up the pitcher, you pay the price, that's the way it should be.
Old 06-16-2007, 02:18 PM   #1365
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange View Post
I guess the back story here is that Jake Peavy was quoted in the paper responding to Alfonso Soriano posing and admiring his home run from yesterday with, "I'd like to see the next guy take one in the ribs." This is the second time in a week that Soriano has drawn the ire of an opponent by showing up the opposing pitcher after a home run.
I highly doubt Young hit Lee on purpose...the count was 1-2. If he was going to plunk someone it would be Soriano. There is no reason for Young to have been ejected. I guess he's just supposed to stand there and take it.

Jake Peavy also got ejected. I didn't see it, but I guess he tackled Lee.

F the Cubs.

(Edit: I guess during the melee...Carlos Zambrano took off his belt. What a maroon.)

Last edited by Pendejo; 06-16-2007 at 02:22 PM..
Pendejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 03:54 PM   #1366
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

The Madres claim their third 1-0...two hit win of the season. This game had a little of everything.

If they were even average offensively...they'd be really tough to beat.
Pendejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 04:52 PM   #1367
Paladin
Ring of Famer

Maybe pitchers should do a dance when they strike out Soriano. Just a small hopping sort of dance with a fanfare from the speakers...... TA DAH!!!!!
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 09:02 PM   #1368
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

El Gordo with a pair of bombs tonight.

Old 06-16-2007, 09:19 PM   #1369
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Garrett Atkins has now homered in three straight games. A blip on the radar? Or is he coming out of his season long funk? Angry roto owners want to know!
Old 06-16-2007, 09:54 PM   #1370
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendejo View Post
The Madres claim their third 1-0...two hit win of the season. This game had a little of everything.

If they were even average offensively...they'd be really tough to beat.
As I recall, Mike Ivie really hit the hell out of the ball in Dodger Stadium.
-Slap- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 10:42 PM   #1371
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Red Sox pitching does it again, the question how long before Theo makes a move to improving the offense
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 10:43 PM   #1372
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

Damn, Rockies lookin like they are going to beat the DRays here. If they hang on to this lead, it will push them 2 above .500 and 4.5 games behind the Padres I believe.
As for All-Stars, I think Holliday is a given for the All-Star game. Brad Hawpe maybe, will have to see how he stacks up against other outfielders. Helton I think is a no becuase of Pujols and Prince already a given to go. Fuentes again has a good shot, but might not go if a team needs a rep and all they have is a decent pitcher to send.
If Francis had a better record I think he would be considered.
I say Holliday for sure now, and possibly Hawpe. If Helton really tears it up in the next few weeks to get 10+ homeruns and his average over .330, maybe.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 11:09 PM   #1373
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

I hate it when these interleague series bring me up against good guys like B-Love, Taco and Calijohn.....rubber match against B's boys tomorrow and then onto face TJ's Mariners and then Calijohn's Angles after that.....WTF?
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 12:02 AM   #1374
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Three series in a row against OManer's teams!
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 12:12 AM   #1375
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy View Post
Three series in a row against OManer's teams!
If I didn't like each of these guys, it'd be a lot easier....you know, since "friendly competition" is a contradiction in terms and all
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote