The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2007, 04:26 PM   #1126
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange View Post
I was watching the game when it happened, they showed a shot of A-Rod as he was passing him. Unless A-Rod is a ventriloquist, all he said was "ha."
For what its worth, both the 3B and SS for Toronto claim he yelled "MINE". I could see it, single syllable words require similar mouth movements.

Personally, I think that kind of stuff is pretty low class. But then, I don't expect much else from Slappy. He intentionally threw an elbow into Pedroia (on the SS side of second) in the last Sox/Yanks series to break up a double play. There are dozens of other similar incidences with him.

And there's a big difference between being a tough, all out wanting to win guy and doing the crap ARod does. Mike Lowell for example isn't the most honest player out there (perpetrated the last two successful hidden ball plays), but he doesn't pull blatantly low class crap like ARod.

I don't think other teams should worry so much about it though. The yankees have some high character guys, namely Jeter, who won't appreciate Rodriguez's antics. Letting them try to handle it internally, it'll do more damage to them than anything else will.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 07:46 PM   #1127
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN

All dat force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco LB 52 View Post
Classic Moment in Baseball

Ben Davis breaks up Curt Schilling's perfect game in the eighth inning with a bunt single in a 2-0 game.
HAhahahah yea I loved that **** when it happened! Schilling had a big "WAHHH!" fest too...
WABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 07:50 PM   #1128
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Still think AROID is a p***Y. And was glad when the Boston/Texas deal fell through
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 08:03 PM   #1129
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

I always hated Greg Maddux.....that is all.
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 08:30 PM   #1130
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

GO BUCS!
GO HAWKS!

Is it time for BRONCOS yet
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 08:35 PM   #1131
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy View Post
GO BUCS!
GO HAWKS!

Is it time for BRONCOS yet
Not quite.

What's got into Chacon? 6K's already?
Old 05-31-2007, 08:55 PM   #1132
MechanicalBull
Interesting Times Ahead

Quote:
NEW YORK (AP) -- Jason Giambi will be sidelined at least three weeks and possibly far longer after tearing tissue in his left foot while rounding the bases on a home run.
For anyone that cares.
MechanicalBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 09:34 PM   #1133
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogan11 View Post
I always hated Greg Maddux.....that is all.
I've never met a more humble athlete.
-Slap- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 10:16 PM   #1134
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN

All dat force

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechanicalBull View Post
For anyone that cares.
Yea I saw that happen on the highlight reel. He had a noticeable limp as he rounded 1st...
WABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 11:52 PM   #1135
Killericon
Front 7, Please

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Slap- View Post
How many athletes HAVE you met?

In any case, A-Rod is a ****ing prick.
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 12:18 AM   #1136
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Sorry TJ, but 3rd place might be your spot this year.

We'll see about that. The Mariners were counted out from the start, and they've been playing their hearts out all season. Even in their losses they seem to put points on the board. They've averaged 8 runs a game over the last seven contests, and have the second best batting average right now in the American league. I'm cautiously optimistic, but still pretty worried about our pitching. I can't believe that we're wasting time rehabilitating guys like Jeff Weaver...
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 10:18 AM   #1137
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
That maybe, but it's kinda difficult to like a guy that kicks your ass 9 times out of 10 when your team faces him.

Weird game last night, my Boys blew it in the 9th (Sharpless is not long for this level) but overall, I gotta say I'm not very impressed with The Padres at all.

..and after all that, the ultimate underdogs that are the Pirates are still in 2nd place w/ the Dodgers coming in next....go figure.
Old 06-01-2007, 05:18 PM   #1138
MechanicalBull
Interesting Times Ahead

Talk about pretty much giving a player away. Everyone knows that Benitez is a hard thrower and well get you saves but is absolutley horrible when any amount of pressure is on, but the Giants just gave him away to Florida.
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2889475
Quote:
NEW YORK -- The San Francisco Giants sent Armando Benitez back to where he enjoyed his greatest success, trading the struggling closer to the Florida Marlins for reliever Randy Messenger on Thursday night.
Quote:
Benitez is owed $5,066,666 from the remainder of his $7.6 million salary this year, of which Florida will pay $333,333 and San Francisco will pay $4,733,333.
Old 06-01-2007, 06:01 PM   #1139
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Zambrano isn't just getting lit up anymore, now he's getting into it with teammates while getting lit up.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2890408

CHICAGO -- Chicago Cubs pitcher Carlos Zambrano shoved catcher Michael Barrett as the two were being separated before nearly coming to blows in the dugout during the middle of the fifth inning of Friday's game against Atlanta.

The Braves had just scored five runs in the top of the fifth to increase their lead to 7-1. One run scored on a passed ball and throwing error by Barrett.

Zambrano was seen pointing at his head and yelling at the catcher in the dugout before the bottom half, then shoved him. Neither came out for the sixth.

Scott Eyre relieved Zambrano, who allowed 13 hits. Koyie Hill, who had just been called up from Triple-A Iowa, replaced Barrett.

-----------------------

Yeah, that's a guy who teams should be lining up to give $100+ million to.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 06:41 PM   #1140
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

Unreal. The guy has been unadulterated horseshit all season and he's got the nerve to point fingers at his teammate? At his catcher?
Old 06-01-2007, 06:48 PM   #1141
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Unreal. The guy has been unadulterated horseshit all season and he's got the nerve to point fingers at his teammate? At his catcher?
It's even worse as it turns out it was more than just a dugout scuffle. They fought in the in clubhouse shortly afterwards.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=270601116

Carlos Zambrano and catcher Michael Barrett shoved each other in the dugout, then the pitcher busted his teammate's lip in the clubhouse so badly that Barrett wound up in a hospital.

Have you ever seen someone piss away a contract year quite like this?
Old 06-01-2007, 07:02 PM   #1142
Killericon
Front 7, Please

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange View Post
It's even worse as it turns out it was more than just a dugout scuffle. They fought in the in clubhouse shortly afterwards.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=270601116

Carlos Zambrano and catcher Michael Barrett shoved each other in the dugout, then the pitcher busted his teammate's lip in the clubhouse so badly that Barrett wound up in a hospital.

Have you ever seen someone piss away a contract year quite like this?
The Yankees will still pay him.
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 07:33 PM   #1143
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I know the controversey is a day old, but I wanted to chime in on the A-Rod "bush league" stuff to say that I don't have a problem that he did it... I have a problem with him lying about it. He obviously said "mine." For him to go the the media and say "I just said one word, Ha," shows a complete lack of respect for the fans. I'd have no problem if he stood up and said, "you bet your ass I said 'mine.' We needed to find a way to win and that's what I did out there. I found a way to win." But for him to sit there and weasel talk about it makes him look pathetic and shallow. What a coward.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:55 PM   #1144
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
I know the controversey is a day old, but I wanted to chime in on the A-Rod "bush league" stuff to say that I don't have a problem that he did it... I have a problem with him lying about it. He obviously said "mine." For him to go the the media and say "I just said one word, Ha," shows a complete lack of respect for the fans. I'd have no problem if he stood up and said, "you bet your ass I said 'mine.' We needed to find a way to win and that's what I did out there. I found a way to win." But for him to sit there and weasel talk about it makes him look pathetic and shallow. What a coward.
I would have respected that, too. He could have said we were desperate for a win and I did something I knew some people wouldn't like. He could have told them they were going to rip him one way or the other, so who cares? Instead, like you said, he got all mealymouthed again.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:03 PM   #1145
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
I would have respected that, too. He could have said we were desperate for a win and I did something I knew some people wouldn't like. He could have told them they were going to rip him one way or the other, so who cares? Instead, like you said, he got all mealymouthed again.

Exactly... I can respect a guy who does something in the gray area who can own up to it.
Old 06-01-2007, 09:17 PM   #1146
MechanicalBull
Interesting Times Ahead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
It is being reported on Boston radio today that last night A-Rod went out to eat with his wife and asked for a table by the window so the media can see him and his wife eating dinner together. This guy is turning into one strange fella and nobody seems to know what is going on in his head on and off the field. People here in NY are saying many Yankees from Torre on down want nothing to do with him at all.

Side note: This week I benched Webb who has been iffy so far and the Mets kill the D-Backs and started Fausto Carmona who has pitched good this season. Tonight Carmona gives up 5 runs and Webb is pitching a 2 hit gem to mostly bench players.
Old 06-02-2007, 08:38 AM   #1147
Crowpointer
Patriots Fan

Bill Belichick-Hingham's finest

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Brady

Hey man we may not have won the game last night but we Bostonians still have some of the funniest fans.
Attached Images

Crowpointer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 08:41 AM   #1148
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

That was great last night. I wondering if Yo-Yo plunks a yankee today

Edit Schilling pitchs today not Yo-Yo

Last edited by elsid13; 06-02-2007 at 09:41 AM..
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 09:12 AM   #1149
MechanicalBull
Interesting Times Ahead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowpointer View Post
Hey man we may not have won the game last night but we Bostonians still have some of the funniest fans.
I just saw a similar picture in todays New York Newsday but it was of A-Rod staring at the fans.
Old 06-02-2007, 03:31 PM   #1150
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Whoever had June 2nd in the "When will Lou Piniella have his first on field meltdown as Cubs manager" pool, come collect your prize.

After Angel Pagan was called out stealing 3rd on a close play in the 8th inning, ol' Sweet Lou had one of his trademark hissy fits. It started with a cap toss, followed by kicking dirt on the umpire and finally kicking his previously discarded cap about five times. The only thing he didn't do was pull up 3rd base and toss it into the outfield.