The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2007, 11:28 PM   #1101
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

King Felix is getting hammered. He's given up a pair of home runs and the Angels have plated four with only one out in the 1st inning.

Kid just has not been the same since the injury.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 11:44 PM   #1102
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Uh oh, A-Rod's done it again.

He yelled something at the Jays 3rd baseman as the ball was in the air, causing him to back off and the ball fell in for a hit. The Blue Jays were furious (the home plate umpire was caught on live television telling the Jays catcher to "shut the **** up and catch") and did plenty of chirping at A-Rod before the game was resumed.

I've never seen that happen in a game before (Willie Mays Hayes did it in Major League 2), but for all I know, it's something that happens all the time. I guess not, though, as the Blue Jays were livid about it.
Old 05-31-2007, 12:11 AM   #1103
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN

All dat force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange View Post
King Felix is getting hammered. He's given up a pair of home runs and the Angels have plated four with only one out in the 1st inning.

Kid just has not been the same since the injury.
Nahhhh, he's just toying with everyone. One rusty start, one good start, one great start, and then tonight. Just make sure you don't trade him for Chone Figgins, or whatever you got him for...heh.

His stuff looks great. He got behind to a hitter that owns him, with runners on. More power to HGH and Kotchman.

Weaver ain't lookin' to hot either.
WABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 12:33 AM   #1104
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WABronco View Post
Nahhhh, he's just toying with everyone. One rusty start, one good start, one great start, and then tonight. Just make sure you don't trade him for Chone Figgins, or whatever you got him for...heh.

His stuff looks great. He got behind to a hitter that owns him, with runners on. More power to HGH and Kotchman.

Weaver ain't lookin' to hot either.
Spicoli Jr. just got pulled after giving up 5 earned in 4 2/3 innings.
Old 05-31-2007, 12:50 AM   #1105
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN

All dat force

Quote:
Spicoli Jr. just got pulled after giving up 5 earned in 4 2/3 innings.
...and he's right back in the hot water.

Cabrera just owns Felix's fastball.

1st and 2nd, no out.

2 strikes to Vlad.

HOLY *****K WHAT THE F ARE YOU THINKING?!?!?!?

Ahhhh dammit.
WABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 12:52 AM   #1106
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Damn. Hernandez hadn't allowed a HR this season, he's allowed three tonight.

The matchup of young star pitchers never materialized tonight, as both have had their respective asses handed to them.
Old 05-31-2007, 01:00 AM   #1107
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Well, all good things must come to an end. The Rockies 7 game winning streak is history.

Ah well, start a new one tomorrow, boys.
Old 05-31-2007, 03:19 AM   #1108
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

Quote:
Uh oh, A-Rod's done it again.

He yelled something at the Jays 3rd baseman as the ball was in the air, causing him to back off and the ball fell in for a hit. The Blue Jays were furious (the home plate umpire was caught on live television telling the Jays catcher to "shut the **** up and catch") and did plenty of chirping at A-Rod before the game was resumed.

I've never seen that happen in a game before (Willie Mays Hayes did it in Major League 2), but for all I know, it's something that happens all the time. I guess not, though, as the Blue Jays were livid about it.
You sure as hell don't grow up doing that. Its bush league really, you just don't do that. I mean, heck, a 3B looking up for the ball has no idea if its ARod or his SS really.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 03:25 AM   #1109
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
You sure as hell don't grow up doing that. Its bush league really, you just don't do that. I mean, heck, a 3B looking up for the ball has no idea if its ARod or his SS really.
I disagree. I think it's bush league that a third baseman can be scared off of a pop up by a guy yelling "ha" when he passes him.
Old 05-31-2007, 03:32 AM   #1110
TheChamp24

The Legend

Quote:
I disagree. I think it's bush league that a third baseman can be scared off of a pop up by a guy yelling "ha" when he passes him.
Well, how do you know he just said ha? I think he screamed something other than that. No way a team will react like the Jays did if he just said "ha".
Old 05-31-2007, 03:34 AM   #1111
Bronco LB 59
Ring of Famer

Keep your head up dog

Quote:
Gamesmanship is good for baseball. The players have too much respect for one another these days. If you don't like what ARod did, spike him high when you get a chance. Don't cry about it.
Bronco LB 59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 03:35 AM   #1112
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Things are getting pretty bad for my Pale Hose, another blown lead and Ozzie went off again. Come on guys, get it together.
Old 05-31-2007, 03:39 AM   #1113
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Well, how do you know he just said ha? I think he screamed something other than that. No way a team will react like the Jays did if he just said "ha".
I was watching the game when it happened, they showed a shot of A-Rod as he was passing him. Unless A-Rod is a ventriloquist, all he said was "ha."

Last edited by Clockwork Orange; 05-31-2007 at 03:42 AM..
Old 05-31-2007, 03:42 AM   #1114
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco LB 52 View Post
Gamesmanship is good for baseball. The players have too much respect for one another these days. If you don't like what ARod did, spike him high when you get a chance. Don't cry about it.
I'm sure there'll be retribution the next time these two teams get together. Hell, I'm surprised Gibbons didn't challenge A-Rod to a fight right there on the field. I guess he just reserves that for his own players.

Though, I don't know if the Jays really want to go down that road since the Yankees have Kyle Farnsworth hanging out in their bullpen.
Old 05-31-2007, 03:43 AM   #1115
Bronco LB 59
Ring of Famer

Keep your head up dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Things are getting pretty bad for my Pale Hose, another blown lead and Ozzie went off again. Come on guys, get it together.
The White Sox need a spark. Josh Fields is just what they need. Keep Crede at third, but get Fields' bat in the lineup. Give him a shot out in left. He's a good athlete being a former Oklahoma State QB.
Old 05-31-2007, 03:48 AM   #1116
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

LB52 Dodgers get back to their rightful position in the NL West...
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 03:48 AM   #1117
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Thank you. I'm so tired of cretins like Schilling babbling on about the rules of the game. Bring back the bench jockeys, too.
-Slap- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 04:51 AM   #1118
TheChamp24

The Legend

Quote:
I think what ARod did was kinda minor. I think its funny how it happened personally, but also feel that a player shouldn't do that.
Some things I hold more personal, like not "running up the score". For instance, stealing a base when up by 7 in the late innings. Or standing at home plate, flipping your bat or whatever after a homerun. That really irritates me, seeing these guys after hitting one flipping their bats 15 feet and watching it for a couple seconds before starting to round the bases. Just go to first base for crying out loud.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:45 AM   #1119
Bronco LB 59
Ring of Famer

Keep your head up dog

Quote:
I think what ARod did was kinda minor. I think its funny how it happened personally, but also feel that a player shouldn't do that.
Some things I hold more personal, like not "running up the score". For instance, stealing a base when up by 7 in the late innings. Or standing at home plate, flipping your bat or whatever after a homerun. That really irritates me, seeing these guys after hitting one flipping their bats 15 feet and watching it for a couple seconds before starting to round the bases. Just go to first base for crying out loud.
The reason why hitters are showing up pitchers more and more these days is because today's laxed culture has allowed it to get out of hand.

As for the running up the score, mercy rules are for the weak. Baseball is the one sport where it doesn't matter how much you are down, you can always comeback.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:48 AM   #1120
Bronco LB 59
Ring of Famer

Keep your head up dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Slap- View Post
Thank you. I'm so tired of cretins like Schilling babbling on about the rules of the game. Bring back the bench jockeys, too.
Classic Moment in Baseball

Ben Davis breaks up Curt Schilling's perfect game in the eighth inning with a bunt single in a 2-0 game.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:34 AM   #1121
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

I hate to side with the Jays here, but it was a bush league move by A-Rod (if indeed the accusation is true) It's called Professional baseball for a reason and he should act accordingly.
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 11:36 AM   #1122
ColoradoBuff
Ring of Famer

In Manning We Trust......

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

Shiat happens Blue Jays....move along. In other business......go start another winning streak Rockies~!!!
ColoradoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 02:34 PM   #1123
TheChamp24

The Legend

Quote:
The reason why hitters are showing up pitchers more and more these days is because today's laxed culture has allowed it to get out of hand.

As for the running up the score, mercy rules are for the weak. Baseball is the one sport where it doesn't matter how much you are down, you can always comeback.
I just think running up the score is a show of weak sportsmanship. In baseball its really hard to define whats "running up the score" though. I remember in Little League, I was on a team that was killing this other team. I had a virtually free pass to 3rd and stole it. Then, a wild pitch, and my instinct was to score, so I took off and scored. I probably should've just stayed at second, but I was in game mode. Their coach even said to my coach "Come on coach, don't you guys have enough runs?" My coach simply replied "I'm not telling them what to do, they are doing it on instinct."

And I remember Ben Davis breaking up the no-no with that bunt single. Schilling and Brenly went beserk after that. I thought it was funny. Hey, the Padres needed baserunners, so why not try it?
Old 05-31-2007, 03:54 PM   #1124
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

I love Fantasy sports after dissing it for years. You learn alot about guys that might have slept from ESPN and such, but this thread is about baseball not what geek picked up who or what he is doing for you. Im not geeking it this year but have for the last 5 geeky years. Just make a FB thread to separate those who want to talk about baseball. Now, how about the Angels? Nothing like going to the Ducks game then off to the Angels game across the street by the 4th inning. Sorry TJ, but 3rd place might be your spot this year.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 03:58 PM   #1125
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Classic Moment in Baseball

Ben Davis breaks up Curt Schilling's perfect game in the eighth inning with a bunt single in a 2-0 game.
I remember that. Bob Brenly called it "chicken****" afterwards.