The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2007, 02:43 PM   #1051
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco LB 52 View Post
I have been monitoring Quentin closely and finally picked him up to pair him with fellow Baby D-Back Chris Young.
I wound up dropping him on every team and reacquiring him on most of them. He had some ugly ABs there. Book got around that he liked to swing at the first pitch, so they started practically bouncing it up there. Starting most counts down 0-1, he became defensive and over selective and wound up looking at a lot of called third strikes.
-Slap- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 05:31 PM   #1052
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Another fine outing from Jeff Francis today, That's 6 consecutive starts in which he's gone 7 innings or more and he's lowered his once bloated ERA from 6.52 to a respectable 3.93. Barring a 9th inning collapse, he'll see his record evened up at 4-4.

Nice to see the guy rebound after a rough stretch early in the season.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 05:37 PM   #1053
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

That's the ballgame and the first 6 game win streak for the Rockies since 2002.
Old 05-28-2007, 05:47 PM   #1054
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Slap- View Post
Its incredible the Astros insist on fielding a team with two offensive cyphers in the lineup, but they've been doing it for years now. Believe me, Ausmus and Everett's gloves do not compensate for their utter inability to hit at the major league level. We're not exactly talking about Mark Belanger and Jim Sundberg here.
I know they've been that way for a while but there's no excuse for it! When Ausmus is hitting .250 and has 8-10 homers and 40 RBI's he's atleast serviceable as a #8. Especially when you consider he's been a great defensive catcher and really helped guys like Roy O, Wade Miller, and several of the other young pitchers on the staff. But even his defense has dropped off lately. I realize that everybody can't have a Mauer, Posada, or Varitek but come on! There are probably 30 catchers in the league that are hitting for a higher average than Ausmus. The saddest part is the Stros put so much into the Beltran trade and then couldn't resign him though I admit they did put forth the effort. KC will probably trade Buck though, hopefully to the Astros!
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 06:17 PM   #1055
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

B*nds may not donate items to the Hall of Fame.

"I'm not worried about the Hall," the San Francisco slugger said during a recent homer drought. "I take care of me."

Nice show of respect for the game there, but then if he had any respect for the game, he wouldn't have spent the last several years juicing so that he could taint the home run record.
Old 05-28-2007, 09:13 PM   #1056
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN

All dat force

Jose Guillen CRUSHES one off Colon, in Anaheim. Ahhhh, beautiful...
WABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 09:19 PM   #1057
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

Holy crap, who woke up the Rockies? 6 in a row, WOW!
And seriously, Garret Atkins is starting to really irk me. End of May, and he's still hitting like ****.
I still think the Rocks are about a .500 team, and they are beginning to show that. The bullpen is still scary though because it sucks beyond belief.

And I loved seeing JD Drew #2 on the overrated list. Guy is a solid guy but is nothing for what he's paid and talked about now.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 09:49 PM   #1058
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
Holy crap, who woke up the Rockies? 6 in a row, WOW!
And seriously, Garret Atkins is starting to really irk me. End of May, and he's still hitting like ****.
I still think the Rocks are about a .500 team, and they are beginning to show that. The bullpen is still scary though because it sucks beyond belief.

And I loved seeing JD Drew #2 on the overrated list. Guy is a solid guy but is nothing for what he's paid and talked about now.
I don't have as much of a problem with Atkins as I do with Hurdle. I can understand and respect sticking with a guy while he's in a slump. But I don't see anything wrong with sitting him a game or two a week, and moving him down in the order. He's just dead weight, sucking the life out of the middle of the order.

Then again, it's hard to complain when they've won six in a row.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 09:59 PM   #1059
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
I don't have as much of a problem with Atkins as I do with Hurdle. I can understand and respect sticking with a guy while he's in a slump. But I don't see anything wrong with sitting him a game or two a week, and moving him down in the order. He's just dead weight, sucking the life out of the middle of the order.

Then again, it's hard to complain when they've won six in a row.
He's already dropped Atkins in the order twice. He started the season batting 3rd, then was moved to 5th and he recently got dropped to 6th. There's not much else they can do short of benching him.
Old 05-28-2007, 10:57 PM   #1060
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange View Post
He's already dropped Atkins in the order twice. He started the season batting 3rd, then was moved to 5th and he recently got dropped to 6th. There's not much else they can do short of benching him.
They have him hitting 5th most nights. I think they'd be much better off moving Hawpe, or even Tulowitzki up into that spot. Looking back over the last week, the last time they had him hitting lower than 5th was last Tuesday against the Diamondbacks. It just sucks because it means teams don't have to throw Holliday good pitches.

I realize I'm preaching to the choir on this, but I have no idea what Clint Hurdle is thinking with some of the stuff he does. I don't believe a great manager makes that much of a difference in baseball. But I think a horrible manager does.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 11:20 PM   #1061
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN

All dat force

Wow, the 2004 Beltre shows up for a night and crushes two 2B's and two HR's.
WABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 11:54 PM   #1062
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
They have him hitting 5th most nights. I think they'd be much better off moving Hawpe, or even Tulowitzki up into that spot. Looking back over the last week, the last time they had him hitting lower than 5th was last Tuesday against the Diamondbacks. It just sucks because it means teams don't have to throw Holliday good pitches.

I realize I'm preaching to the choir on this, but I have no idea what Clint Hurdle is thinking with some of the stuff he does. I don't believe a great manager makes that much of a difference in baseball. But I think a horrible manager does.
See, I personally feel Troy is going to be a GREAT #2 guy in the lineup, similar to Jeter in New York. I don't like having him bat 5th at all.
I know Hurdle wants to stick to his R-L-R-L lineup, but its not working because Atkins is stinking up the place. It seems like he likes to try to pull a lot of pitches. I saw move him to #6 and put Hawpe at #5. Maybe think about moving him to #2 in the order so he sees some more good pitches or something. Of course, that didn't necessarily work when he hit ahead of Helton.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 12:27 AM   #1063
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

With the rest of the pitching matchups the Rockies have against St. Louis and then the Reds and Astros coming to town, the Rox might just make baseball fun to watch again in this state for the first time in a while. Knowing the Rockies, though, I wouldn't be surprised to see them follow this out-of-nowhere winning streak by going 3-6 during the rest of this homestand.

Francis and Cook have been dealing lately. Francis got screwed today in the 8th inning by the plate umpire and should have had 8 scoreless innings.

I'd love to see Atkins and Ianetta start hitting, because the rest of the lineup is doing well right now.
Breck Bronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 06:52 AM   #1064
OrangeShadow
armed

and dangerous

schill had his best start of the year, and how bout YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUk with an inside the parker
OrangeShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 04:02 PM   #1065
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Gary Sheffield, bastion of integrity and true role model, wants to play the role of advisor for the troubled Elijah Dukes.

Just wow.
Old 05-29-2007, 04:08 PM   #1066
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

So, went to the game yesterday. Besides being sun burnt to hell (no, my free trucker hat didn't shade me!) it was pretty fun.

The pitcher having a double is always good times.

Go Rox!
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 05:22 PM   #1067
MechanicalBull
Interesting Times Ahead

I would love to hear what Guidance Counselor Sheff tells Dukes. Maybe Sheffield can introduce him to his friend Mr. Bonds and all 3 of them can have a nice chat and give each other advice.
MechanicalBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 07:18 PM   #1068
Bronco LB 59
Ring of Famer

Keep your head up dog

Sheffield is not an admirable human being, but he might be the only guy that can get through to Elijah Dukes.

LOOK AT THE SIMILARITIES!!!

Sheffield knocked up three women by his mid-20s and he self-destructed the 1991 Milwaukee Brewers for his own selfish interests. Dukes has five kids with four women and the Durham Bulls threatened to boycott their games last year if Tampa Bay didn't pull him from Triple-A.
Bronco LB 59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 07:49 PM   #1069
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

Sheffield wants to counsel him on how to play the race card every time he's criticized.
-Slap- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 08:14 PM   #1070
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Up 2-0 over the Padres.....waiting to see how they blow another start for Gorz tonight.
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 08:21 PM   #1071
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Woohoo! Go Pirates!
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 08:30 PM   #1072
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy View Post
Woohoo! Go Pirates!
That's good to see

The bad news is that I have a feeling the mid innings meltdown is about to commence....
Old 05-29-2007, 08:50 PM   #1073
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

J Bay!!
Old 05-29-2007, 08:55 PM   #1074
Sassy
Ring of Famer