The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2007, 01:57 AM   #5351
Jens1893
Ring of Famer

Bump to save the Rockies
Jens1893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 02:08 AM   #5352
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jens1893 View Post
Bump to save the Rockies
I sent a PM to jth to close that other thread. I think it's cursed, and I'm going to avoid it.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 02:14 AM   #5353
Bronco LB 59
Ring of Famer

Keep your head up dog

I apologize to any Red Sox fans here if you thought I was being a jerk in the other thread. I am not a Red Sox hater. I lived in Boston for one summer. I loved every second of it.

I'm just annoyed by the "Nation" phenomenon and all the fans who have come of the woodwork in recent years. The type of people that are described in this column!!!

http://www.boston.com/sports/basebal...e_fans/?page=1

I am sure all the resident Red Sox fans here (elsid, Orange Shadow, PatsWin, Drek, Evenrude, Crowpointer) were following the team religiously when the Red Sox were fortunate to get a 20K crowd on cold school night during the early 1990s. I have nothing against the diehards, just these newbies that give the longtime loyalists a bad name.
Bronco LB 59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 02:17 AM   #5354
Jens1893
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
I sent a PM to jth to close that other thread. I think it's cursed, and I'm going to avoid it.
TJ won´t close it as too many people are posting on there so we´ll just have to try to make people post here.
Old 10-27-2007, 02:20 AM   #5355
Bronco LB 59
Ring of Famer

Keep your head up dog

No surprise here, Ortiz will play 1B over Youkilis in Game 3:

http://www.boston.com/sports/basebal...e_in_colorado/
Old 10-27-2007, 02:21 AM   #5356
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
TJ won´t close it as too many people are posting on there so we´ll just have to try to make people post here.
I'm done over there. I know it's crazy, and completely illogical. But I swear, my Rockies thread was killing them. I'm glad jth asked TJ to kill it. Maybe that will count for something. We need to watch that thread, and leave REP messages (or PMs) for each Rockies fan that posts over there. Get them back over here, where the Rockies have won 21 out of 22.
Old 10-27-2007, 02:23 AM   #5357
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco LB 52 View Post
No surprise here, Ortiz will play 1B over Youkilis in Game 3:

http://www.boston.com/sports/basebal...e_in_colorado/
No matter how everything turns out, watching Ortiz and Manny play defense at Coors Field should count for some entertainment points, at least.

I am a homer, but I feel the Rockies are going to come out tomorrow smoking. I don't think it will be 13-1, but I think the Rockies will win convincingly.
Old 10-27-2007, 02:32 AM   #5358
Jens1893
Ring of Famer

Quote:
No matter how everything turns out, watching Ortiz and Manny play defense at Coors Field should count for some entertainment points, at least.

I am a homer, but I feel the Rockies are going to come out today smoking. I don't think it will be 13-1, but I think the Rockies will win convincingly.
Hey, it´s Saturday even for you! Get some rest before you go on your trip.
Old 10-27-2007, 02:37 AM   #5359
No1BroncoFan
Old School

If you have to ask, you don't know

Quote:

I am a homer, but I feel the Rockies are going to come out tomorrow smoking. I don't think it will be 13-1, but I think the Rockies will win convincingly.
Sure would be nice!

Ben
No1BroncoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 02:49 AM   #5360
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Hey, it´s Saturday even for you! Get some rest before you go on your trip.
Ah, we're in a hotel in Grand Junction. We're catching Game Three at my brother's house, then hitting game four. It's going to be a great trip. I feel like I'm making very personal history with my son. There are so many things you do that just pass the time. You go to a movie, or an amusement park - maybe he has vague memories of it as he grows older. But doing a road trip to catch a World Series game - that's something that will be etched into our relationship like verse in granite. Definitely good times!
Old 10-27-2007, 03:39 AM   #5361
No1BroncoFan
Old School

If you have to ask, you don't know

Quote:
Ah, we're in a hotel in Grand Junction. We're catching Game Three at my brother's house, then hitting game four. It's going to be a great trip. I feel like I'm making very personal history with my son. There are so many things you do that just pass the time. You go to a movie, or an amusement park - maybe he has vague memories of it as he grows older. But doing a road trip to catch a World Series game - that's something that will be etched into our relationship like verse in granite. Definitely good times!
Doing something that is a once in a lifetime thing will certainly leave great memories. Have fun Dom.

(A green with envy) Ben
No1BroncoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 07:33 AM   #5362
Hotrod
Self Appointed Expert

aka Dortoh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Miss I

Just to clarify after talking to my father last night it was my Grandfather who was a Boston Braves fan for those interested. He laughed and threatened to beat me for calling him old enough to be a Boston Braves fan. Anyway he picked up the "family team" when they moved to Millwakee (sp). He simply knows the history of the team back before he was born/wearing diapers

Coors field or bust Woohoo
Hotrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 07:43 AM   #5363
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
I apologize to any Red Sox fans here if you thought I was being a jerk in the other thread. I am not a Red Sox hater. I lived in Boston for one summer. I loved every second of it.

I'm just annoyed by the "Nation" phenomenon and all the fans who have come of the woodwork in recent years. The type of people that are described in this column!!!

I am sure all the resident Red Sox fans here (elsid, Orange Shadow, PatsWin, Drek, Evenrude, Crowpointer) were following the team religiously when the Red Sox were fortunate to get a 20K crowd on cold school night during the early 1990s. I have nothing against the diehards, just these newbies that give the longtime loyalists a bad name.

Why are looking a seat on the champion bus ()

Don't worry I won't speak for the rest but I don't get angry over message board stuff. Unfortunately the Sox have become the Dallas Cowboys of the MLB. I think you need to sit through a season of Jack the Ripper playing to full appreciate a team. I have strange feeling we are going back to the Winning Celtic era- either you loved the team or you hated it. no in between
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 01:18 PM   #5364
bombay
Ring of Famer

Picked up a Rockpile this morning for $200, which I guess is alright. I'll use it as a standing room ticket.

Go Rockies!
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 11:21 PM   #5365
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

A-Rod opts out
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 01:27 PM   #5366
Jens1893
Ring of Famer

Yankees have offered Girardi a deal to become their new manager.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:34 PM   #5367
worm
Great moments are born...

...from great opportunity

Adopt-a-Bronco:

Surprised that Joe has become such a hot commodity lately.
worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 01:43 PM   #5368
Bronco LB 59
Ring of Famer

Keep your head up dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by worm View Post
I agree. Girardi has one 78-84 season under his belt, and he wasn't on speaking terms with the general manager, a huge red flag in my eyes.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:25 AM   #5369
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by worm View Post
PER ESPN Sportscenter just breaking right now....

Joe Torre to manage the LA Dodgers and bench coach Mattingly reportedly will join Torre in LA.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:33 AM   #5370
Crowpointer
Patriots Fan

Bill Belichick-Hingham's finest

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Brady

Quote:

Good post, thanks . I actually stopped posting on anything Red Sox because people other than those you listed above were coming out of the woodwork as "Sox Fans". It got really beat. Rally starts hear in 1/2 hour. It is a rolling rally in the duck boats through the city. I will walk over as they approach the financial district. Papelbon is going to be on a flatbed tractor trailer with the Dropkick Murphys wearing a kilt doing the "dance" . Let me add congrats to the Rocks on a great season. Time to gear up for the fun.
Crowpointer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 12:19 PM   #5371
BMF Bronco
Offseason sucks...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champbailey View Post
PER ESPN Sportscenter just breaking right now....

Joe Torre to manage the LA Dodgers and bench coach Mattingly reportedly will join Torre in LA.
Ahh, ****! Great news for LA and Torre, ****ty news for the rest of the NL West
BMF Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 09:57 PM   #5372
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual
Default Torre Agrees in Principle to a 3 yr. 14.5 Million contract.

Quote:
By GEORGE KING
Joe Torre Agrees In Principle To Manage Dodgers
Joe Torre Agrees In Principle To Manage Dodgers
Discussion Board
I was never a Dodgers fan,actually I resented them when I was younger during the 70's. Now I have to root for the Dodgers especially if Mattingly joins Torre in the Dugout. Ours prayers are with you Joe...
posted by benito
Click here to comment
PrintEmailDigg ItRedditPermalinkStory Bottom

October 30, 2007 -- With Grady Little out of the way in , Joe Torre is the Dodgers' first choice to take over the club. According to sources, Torre has agreed in principle to a three-year deal worth $14.5 million and could be introduced Thursday, the same day the Yankees are holding a press conference to welcome Joe Girardi, Torre's successor, at Yankee Stadium.

And Alex Rodriguez could be following Torre from The Bronx to Hollywood. One of the reasons Rodriguez opted out of the last three years on his Yankees' contract was he wasn't sure what Yankees life would be like without Torre's calming presence in the clubhouse and dugout. In the Dodgers, Rodriguez will find a club in dire need of a jolt at the plate and in the stands.

Third-base coach Larry Bowa and Don Mattingly are expected to join Torre in L.A. Hitting coach Kevin Long is staying with the Yankees and is close to signing a three-year deal worth nearly $1M. There are whispers Jose Cardenal, a coach under Torre in the early Yankees years, will be part of Torre’s staff. Current Dodgers pitching coach Rick Honeycutt is a candidate to remain.

The Dodgers first made contact with Torre's agent Maury Gostfriend before Torre flew to Tampa two weeks ago and rejected the Yankees' one-year offer of $5 million with a chance to make $3 million more in incentives. It's the first time Gostfriend, who usually does endorsement deals for Torre, got involved in baseball negotiations for Torre. Out of respect for Little, who managed the Dodgers for two years and fell victim to a fractured clubhouse and less than solid relationship with some of his coaches, Torre refused comment on the situation.

Little resigned yesterday with $1 million guaranteed for next season. The Dodgers recently picked up a 2009 option on Little for an undisclosed amount of money. The Dodgers started talking to Little about a buyout last week.

Torre, who spurned the Yankees' one-year, $5 million offer to return on Oct. 18, didn't return messages last night.

"(Dodgers GM) Ned (Colletti) and I have been in constant communication since the end of the season and decided mutually that this was the best move for the Dodgers to take," Little said yesterday in a conference call.

Little, who was sacked by the Red Sox following Aaron Boone's dramatic homer in Game 7 of the 2003 ALCS, said talk of Torre taking his job didn't play a part in stepping down.

"None whatsoever; I have personal reasons," Little said.

Though Colletti contradicted Little saying it was a mutual decision - Colletti said he wanted Little back - the hiring of Torre was believed to be orchestrated by owner Frank McCourt wanting to make a splash with his underachieving club.

"I wanted Grady Little back, I encouraged him to think it through," Colletti said.

Because Girardi turned down a three-year deal worth $7.5 million from the Dodgers to follow Torre in The Bronx, many believe Torre was the Dodgers' second choice. However, that hasn't been confirmed.

"We've talked to other people a little bit to gauge their level of interest because talking to Grady at the end of the season I wasn't sure he was coming back," Colletti said.
http://www.nypost.com/seven/10302007...manage_los.htm
Old 10-30-2007, 11:03 PM   #5373
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Arod and Nomar in same locker room, wonder how that would work out.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 11:16 PM   #5374
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
Arod and Nomar in same locker room, wonder how that would work out.
I don't want to get my hopes up about Arod coming to LA, but McCourt per some insider on a Dodger board basically gave Ned Coletti a blank check and told him to get it done. Plus Arod wanted to play for the Dodgers before the 1993 draft took place, telling the Mariners NOT to draft him so the Dodgers could take him at 2.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:38 PM   #5375
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

It's official, Torre is the new manager of the Dodgers.

Quote:
Torre succeeds Little as Dodgers manager
LOS ANGELES, Nov 1 (Reuters) - Former New York Yankees manager Joe Torre has been hired to take charge of the Los Angeles Dodgers in place of Grady Little, the Major League Baseball team announced on Thursday.
Torre, who two weeks ago declined an offer to return to New York on a one-year deal, has signed a three-year contract.
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

Quote:
After much deliberation, Joe Torre has agreed to take the Dodgers' unexpectedly vacant manager's job.
Torre and the Dodgers completed a three-year deal Thursday, FOXSports.com has learned.Don Mattingly and Larry Bowa will be joining Torre's staff in L.A., although their exact roles were unknown.
It was an outcome that hardly seemed likely when the Dodgers' season ended, when owner Frank McCourt and GM Ned Colletti gave then-manager Grady Little a vote of confidence, even though the team finished in fourth in the NL West after having the National League's best record as late as mid-July.
But after Torre declined to accept the Yankees' one-year offer, Little's status became considerably shakier and, besieged by rumors of his impending departure, he resigned his position earlier this week.

The Dodgers can only hope that Torre, who managed the Yankees to four World Series titles and 12 playoff appearances in his 12 seasons in New York, can reverse their postseason ineptitude of the last two decades.
Since winning the 1988 World Series, the Dodgers have not won a single playoff series and have, in fact, managed to win just one postseason game during that stretch
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/7399154