The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2007, 01:21 AM   #5301
Vegas_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Fear is a lack of preparation.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
1 Elam 1

Rockies are getting slaughtered in the media....'oh its been a long sit' and every other excuse for the Bosox to win. 'Sure I want the Rockies to win but my head tells me the Sox will win', etc, etc.

You guys get out there and fight a media war, get some respect for your team, and don't let them disrespect you!
Vegas_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 01:32 AM   #5302
lex
Ring of Famer

The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

The Rockies should have John Elway, Terrell Davis, and Shannon Sharpe all throw out the first pitch just for the sake of rallying the cosmic forces in Denvers favor.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 01:33 AM   #5303
BMF Bronco
Offseason sucks...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ME

**** that, we'll take the underdog role. what do the sawks, douchebacks, and Phillmes have in common?

they all are going to have lost and possibly swept by the Rox, and all are teams in red that are supposed to dispose of the Black and Purple machine!
BMF Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 01:44 AM   #5304
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMF Bronco View Post
**** that, we'll take the underdog role. what do the sawks, douchebacks, and Phillmes have in common?

they all are going to have lost and possibly swept by the Rox, and all are teams in red that are supposed to dispose of the Black and Purple machine!
Dude, did you figure anything out on tickets? I just went ahead and splurged on StubHub. What the heck - it's a once-in-a-lifetime shot, and a great experience for my son. We're going to game 4 on Sunday night.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 02:18 AM   #5305
Paladin
Ring of Famer

Dom, you should see the winning game!!!!!
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 02:31 AM   #5306
Bronco LB 59
Ring of Famer

Keep your head up dog

Dom

Props to you for taking your son to an event he will never forget. My father got me tickets to the 1998 World Series and I'm still thankful he went out of his way to do that for me.
Bronco LB 59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 02:33 AM   #5307
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Dom, you should see the winning game!!!!!
Wouldn't THAT be something!
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 10:38 AM   #5308
BMF Bronco
Offseason sucks...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
Dude, did you figure anything out on tickets? I just went ahead and splurged on StubHub. What the heck - it's a once-in-a-lifetime shot, and a great experience for my son. We're going to game 4 on Sunday night.
I wanted to so damn bad however, with a baby due any day now (thought he was coming two nights ago) I cannot legitimately go to Denver for any amount of time. I just got offered tickets to go to the MNF game against the Titans as well, but I am not going to be able to, as little man will only be two weeks old.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:29 PM   #5309
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas_Bronco View Post
Rockies are getting slaughtered in the media....'oh its been a long sit' and every other excuse for the Bosox to win. 'Sure I want the Rockies to win but my head tells me the Sox will win', etc, etc.

You guys get out there and fight a media war, get some respect for your team, and don't let them disrespect you!
I think that I saw that the Red Sox are 2:1 favorites to win the series.

But I think the Rockies are getting plenty of praise in the media. They are a very young team, they haven't had much national exposure, and (well, let's face it) they were a late surging group that barely qualifed for the WC. So many of the articles that I've seen are of the who-the-heck-are-these-guys variety, whch isn't surprising. But the articles themselves don't understate what's been accomplished or the budding talent on the team. Many of them also mention that the Rockies performed well vs. the Red Sox in their meetings earlier this year and outscored them 20-5 or something like that.

Most of the "negative" talk has centered around the 8-day layoff, which is understandable, because it's unusual, and no one really knows how it might affect the momentum of a "hot" team.

My two cents - - I don't think it's possible to overstate how important the defensive fielding has been for the Rockies (and it's one of the main reasons the pitching staff has looked so good). I think that the fielding issue is something that they can keep sharp in practice. The bigger problem might be in the hitting department - especially pitch recognition - but the Rox didn't exactly set the world on fire with their bats in the D-back series.

fenway supposedly gives fielders fits, but at least part of the Rox success is pure athleticism rather than field familiarity ... so I guess we'll see.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 12:35 PM   #5310
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

I'm all for the Rockies owning he Red Sox, but they are up against it here.

Boston in six.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 12:36 PM   #5311
Master___Pain
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rock Hoover

Memo

To: Colorado Rockies

RE: World Series

Dear Rockies:

According to all of us in the national media, there is no need to play any of the World Series games, as the Red Sox are the best team to ever play on the diamond. There is no chance that a team that plays in in the hitters haven known as Coors Canaveral can win the World Series. The Red Sox are better at every position, have more history and are entitled to the 2007 World Series crown. Thanks for the cute little historic run you've been on, but the wicked awesome Red Sox are here and can not be defeated. Thank you for you time.
Master___Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 01:12 PM   #5312
Paladin
Ring of Famer

Awesome!

Bwana send money now?
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 01:17 PM   #5313
BMF Bronco
Offseason sucks...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master___Pain View Post
Memo

To: Colorado Rockies

RE: World Series

Dear Rockies:

According to all of us in the national media, there is no need to play any of the World Series games, as the Red Sox are the best team to ever play on the diamond. There is no chance that a team that plays in in the hitters haven known as Coors Canaveral can win the World Series. The Red Sox are better at every position, have more history and are entitled to the 2007 World Series crown. Thanks for the cute little historic run you've been on, but the wicked awesome Red Sox are here and can not be defeated. Thank you for you time.
hahahah, PRECISELY! **** the media!
Old 10-24-2007, 01:40 PM   #5314
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

My dad and I are probably not gonna make the trip to go to a game now since we couldn't get tickets. Paying $300-$500 for shiitty seats, and then like $150 for gas, and missing at least monday from school/work, can't do it. Would cost $1,000 to do it and just don't have that money
I'm heartbroken...I really wanted to go.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 03:10 PM   #5315
Hotrod
Self Appointed Expert

aka Dortoh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Miss I

Game 3 baby down the right field line.

I love baseball but honestly this trip is much more about my father. Hes a huge baseball nut and has followed the Braves since Boston. He was so excited about getting a "home team" when the Rocks were born. He just keeps saying over and over "a World Series game I just never thought I'd get to go to one". Hes sad that his father is no longer with us so he could take him (who was an even bigger baseball fan) Hes thinking this will be the single greatest father/son event of our lives.........I tend to agree.
Hotrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 03:20 PM   #5316
PatsWin2002
Giggity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrod View Post
Game 3 baby down the right field line.

I love baseball but honestly this trip is much more about my father. Hes a huge baseball nut and has followed the Braves since Boston. He was so excited about getting a "home team" when the Rocks were born. He just keeps saying over and over "a World Series game I just never thought I'd get to go to one". Hes sad that his father is no longer with us so he could take him (who was an even bigger baseball fan) Hes thinking this will be the single greatest father/son event of our lives.........I tend to agree.
Does your dad or grandfather have ties back here? The Braves left Boston after the 1952 season.

Your story makes me think of the old timers here that are still NY Giants fans because the Patriots didn't come into existence until 1960. Which makes me wonder about Denver....are the old-timers there former Browns or Bears fans?
PatsWin2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 03:27 PM   #5317
Hotrod
Self Appointed Expert

aka Dortoh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Miss I

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsWin2002 View Post
Does your dad or grandfather have ties back here? The Braves left Boston after the 1952 season.

Your story makes me think of the old timers here that are still NY Giants fans because the Patriots didn't come into existence until 1960. Which makes me wonder about Denver....are the old-timers there former Browns or Bears fans?
I honestly dont know how they became Boston Braves fans. I'll have to ask on the trip both were born here in CO. They continued to follow the Atlanta Braves and my father still does.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:09 PM   #5318
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Sorry to say but rockies have no chance against Redsox..

Redsox will sweep the rockies...
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 04:15 PM   #5319
Hotrod
Self Appointed Expert

aka Dortoh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Miss I

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post

I guess I owe you a great big Thank You. I almost wasted time & money going to a WS game. Thanks man
Old 10-24-2007, 04:17 PM   #5320
Jens1893
Ring of Famer

Quote:

thanks for the heads up! im off to the bookies to bet my life savings on the red sox ....
Jens1893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 04:26 PM   #5321
Hotrod
Self Appointed Expert

aka Dortoh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Miss I

Ok for someone who does not follow the AL at all can someone give a quick snapshot of the redsox. Just enough so those of us going/watching the WS will understand the team.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:39 PM   #5322
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrod View Post
I guess I owe you a great big Thank You. I almost wasted time & money going to a WS game. Thanks man
If u observe, Rockies team is exactly like Detriot Tigers of last year ..

Redsox is hot right now and Rockies have no chance beating red sox..

Please don't get offended..this is how i feel..
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 04:46 PM   #5323
Hotrod
Self Appointed Expert

aka Dortoh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Miss I

Quote:
If u observe, Rockies team is exactly like Detriot Tigers of last year ..

Redsox is hot right now and Rockies have no chance beating red sox..

Please don't get offended..this is how i feel..
Sorry you just simply talk too much like the rainman for me
Old 10-24-2007, 05:41 PM   #5324
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
I think that I saw that the Red Sox are 2:1 favorites to win the series.

But I think the Rockies are getting plenty of praise in the media. They are a very young team, they haven't had much national exposure, and (well, let's face it) they were a late surging group that barely qualifed for the WC. So many of the articles that I've seen are of the who-the-heck-are-these-guys variety, whch isn't surprising. But the articles themselves don't understate what's been accomplished or the budding talent on the team. Many of them also mention that the Rockies performed well vs. the Red Sox in their meetings earlier this year and outscored them 20-5 or something like that.

Most of the "negative" talk has centered around the 8-day layoff, which is understandable, because it's unusual, and no one really knows how it might affect the momentum of a "hot" team.

My two cents - - I don't think it's possible to overstate how important the defensive fielding has been for the Rockies (and it's one of the main reasons the pitching staff has looked so good). I think that the fielding issue is something that they can keep sharp in practice. The bigger problem might be in the hitting department - especially pitch recognition - but the Rox didn't exactly set the world on fire with their bats in the D-back series.

fenway supposedly gives fielders fits, but at least part of the Rox success is pure athleticism rather than field familiarity ... so I guess we'll see.
There are five factors that seem to effect visiting teams when come into Fenway. First you get a lot right handers attempt to pull the ball because the Green Monster look so close. Second the infield is usually "rough" and fast causing some weird bounces on ground balls. Renatta hated the freaking infield and it was one of the reason he struggled in his short time there. Third you get some weird bounce off the side outfield walls. It very easy for ball to run along the right field wall causing some singles to become triples real quick. (In fact right field is extreme big and you need a fielder with good speed and strong arm). Fourth the bounce of the scoreboard and ads on the monster. And finally the crowd is right on top of the action. There no foul ground except behind home plate.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 06:08 PM   #5325
ColoradoBuff
Ring of Famer

In Manning We Trust......

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

Quote:

How about a case of STFU!!
ColoradoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote