The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2007, 03:24 AM   #376
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Slap- View Post
It shouldn't be a problem. Carlos is currently owned in only 38% of CBS leagues. That number will double by next week and top 90% by the All Star Break.
Already up to 40% in less than an hour.

I predict he'll be the most added player in CBS this week.
-Slap- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 03:25 AM   #377
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Pendejo was right. It was Jimmy Rollins. Check him out this year. He's channeling Joe Morgan right now.
I think Rollins has been traded twice in one of my leagues. That's no knock on Rollins, though. Johan Santana, Joe Nathan, Chris Carpenter and Grady Sizemore have all been traded twice in that league, too.

I honestly think some people in that league deal just for the sake of it.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 03:25 AM   #378
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Already up to 40% in less than an hour.

I predict he'll be the most added player in CBS this week.
Glad I beat the Christmas rush.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:28 AM   #379
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

Good hitter's park. Good young lineup, too. All they really lack is a big thumper to bat cleanup.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:39 AM   #380
OrangeShadow
armed

and dangerous

another solid outing from beckett and papi is hitting his stride, look out al east when manny starts hitting!
OrangeShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 12:32 PM   #381
Crowpointer
Patriots Fan

Bill Belichick-Hingham's finest

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Brady

The baseball highlight of the day yesterday. Keep an eye on the guy in the Pats coat. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gGcj...elated&search=
Crowpointer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 02:32 PM   #382
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

What's up with Pudge Rodriguez?

Base stealers are six for six against him this year.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:20 PM   #383
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN

All dat force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
A guy in my home league is offering King Felix for the right offer... Not sure I have the juice he needs, but considering it's a keeper league and my pitching is horrendous right now, I've been scratching my chin over it...

Jason Bay is killing me, whitey. He's killing me!
DO IT he will be a Cy Young contender for the forseeable future!
WABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 08:49 PM   #384
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Willi Mo hit an absolute bomb to dead center in Sky dome. Wow!!!!!
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 09:08 PM   #385
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

A-Rod crushes another one.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:33 AM   #386
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I can't freaking believe that the Giant's bullpen gave up a 5 run 8th inning to blow a fine bit of work laid down by Matt Cain. What a damn shame...

/sorry Clockwork...
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 02:40 AM   #387
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
I can't freaking believe that the Giant's bullpen gave up a 5 run 8th inning to blow a fine bit of work laid down by Matt Cain. What a damn shame...

/sorry Clockwork...
I'd be pissed if I had Matt Cain on one of my teams, too. He's pitched a couple of gems and has no wins to show for it.

On the flipside, I got an unexpected save from Fuentes out of it, so I'm pretty happy.
Old 04-18-2007, 03:10 AM   #388
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Quote:
What's up with Pudge Rodriguez?

Base stealers are six for six against him this year.
It's still early. He will start gunning them down soon.

Meanwhile Todd Jones gets league leading save #7 tonight.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 03:35 AM   #389
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

Heck, I'd be pissed if I were Matt Cain. 20 innings of work, only 8 hits given up, 9 walks, 17 K's, 4 runs, a .123 BAA and a 1.80 ERA. And what does he have to show for it? A 0-1 record. Amazing. Giants have scored 6 total runs for him, heck he lost a game 1-0 earlier.
Amazing the Rocks came back to win the game to be honest. I thought they were finished after Taveras got caught sleeping. Things went their way though and Torrealba crushed one to left that fell out of Linden's glove.
One thing though, Cain needs to work on his control, he works on that, throws more strikes, and he will be even better.
As for Hirsh, I think he is a solid pitcher who needs to work on the same thing. He got in trouble because he left pitches out over the plate and got hammered, but came back and rebounded and in the end, only gave up 3 runs in 7 innings. I think he could end up being a quality middle of the rotation guy down the road.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 03:38 AM   #390
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

He threw 7 friggen strikes tonight!

AUGH!
Old 04-18-2007, 03:53 AM   #391
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
He threw 7 friggen strikes tonight!

AUGH!
Hey, get off the pot and trade for King Felix already. His value gets higher with each dominant start and his next trip to the bump is tomorrow.

Make it happen.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:09 AM   #392
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange View Post
Hey, get off the pot and trade for King Felix already. His value gets higher with each dominant start and his next trip to the bump is tomorrow.

Make it happen.

I can't afford to buy him this high... Due to a couple of unlucky breaks managing my pitchers, I've found myself in last place. Brett Meyers has completely screwed every chance I've had to win my pitching battles, not to mention Dan Haren and Chris Young having their struggles. I'm not worried, because I know these guys will be delivering some solid games once they get out of this cold April and into some warm weather. I've benched all three of those guys until they start putting up numbers to keep the ERA and WHIP down (my home league is a 25 stat extravaganza - I love it!). I've currently got Matt Cain, Eric Bedard, Jeremy Bonderman, and Rich Hill manning the fort. I have a feeling that it would cost me one of those guys plus either Ortiz or Rollins in order to get King Felix on my staff... That's pretty steep.

I'm kind of hoping I can get Felix after a bad game, and maybe try and pull Figgins and Felix out of him for Rollins and Bonderman. Or worst case, Ortiz and Bonderman. I need more stolen bases.

I hate the idea of losing Ortiz though, especially for a guy he drafted in the fourth round.

I need an ace though.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:22 AM   #393
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
I can't afford to buy him this high... Due to a couple of unlucky breaks managing my pitchers, I've found myself in last place. Brett Meyers has completely screwed every chance I've had to win my pitching battles, not to mention Dan Haren and Chris Young having their struggles. I'm not worried, because I know these guys will be delivering some solid games once they get out of this cold April and into some warm weather. I've benched all three of those guys until they start putting up numbers to keep the ERA and WHIP down (my home league is a 25 stat extravaganza - I love it!). I've currently got Matt Cain, Eric Bedard, Jeremy Bonderman, and Rich Hill manning the fort. I have a feeling that it would cost me one of those guys plus either Ortiz or Rollins in order to get King Felix on my staff... That's pretty steep.

I'm kind of hoping I can get Felix after a bad game, and maybe try and pull Figgins and Felix out of him for Rollins and Bonderman. Or worst case, Ortiz and Bonderman. I need more stolen bases.

I hate the idea of losing Ortiz though, especially for a guy he drafted in the fourth round.

I need an ace though.
Could your offense withstand the loss of Ortiz if it meant getting Hernandez?
Old 04-18-2007, 04:24 AM   #394
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

Quote:

I need an ace though.
Are you talking about David Ortiz? Because you seem to be undervaluing him. I would think Ortiz straight up for Felix would be very fair.

Haren is pitching in bad luck right now, but I would keep him active. The league is batting about .220 against him. I would also advise against benching Young @ PetCo.

Your team has plenty of talent. We're not even 10% of the way into the season yet.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:28 AM   #395
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Maybe you could get a frustrated owner to part with Carlos Zambrano. He's off to a rough start, but he definitely fits the "ace" category when he's on top of his game.

This message brought to you by a frustrated owner of Carlos Zambrano

Old 04-18-2007, 04:35 AM   #396
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

Just sit on your ass and wait for somebody to dump Albert Pujols in your lap.

That happened to me yesterday. I clicked on one of my Diamond Leagues and there was a guy offering me Albert Pujols and Corey Patterson for Lance Berkman and Alex Rios.

Christmas in April.......
Old 04-18-2007, 04:37 AM   #397
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Could your offense withstand the loss of Ortiz if it meant getting Hernandez?

There's not enough stats in to determine that... Another reason I'm not quick to make the move. After this third week, I'll be able to triangulate that and come up with a better idea about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Slap-
Are you talking about David Ortiz? Because you seem to be undervaluing him. I would think Ortiz straight up for Felix would be very fair.
I probably should note that this is my home league, and I'm in Mariners country. Plus, I like to make trades in the same way that Congress attaches "riders" to bills... If I can somehow address pitching and stolen bases in the same trade, that would at least give me some emotional cusion every time I see Ortiz knocking guys around the bases.

A little Chicken Soup for the Fantasy Baseball soul...
Old 04-18-2007, 04:40 AM   #398
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

That's just nuts.

I get some waterhead constantly offering me Magglio Ordonez & Derek Lowe for Vlad Guerrero and this ****ing guy gets Pujols for fifty cents on the dollar.

Life's not fair.

Old 04-18-2007, 04:43 AM   #399
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Just sit on your ass and wait for somebody to dump Albert Pujols in your lap.

That happened to me yesterday. I clicked on one of my Diamond Leagues and there was a guy offering me Albert Pujols and Corey Patterson for Lance Berkman and Alex Rios.

Christmas in April.......

You just gave me a great idea...
Old 04-18-2007, 04:49 AM   #400
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Quote:
Maybe you could get a frustrated owner to part with Carlos Zambrano. He's off to a rough start, but he definitely fits the "ace" category when he's on top of his game.

This message brought to you by a frustrated owner of Carlos Zambrano

There seems to be a hell of a lot of quality guys that are getting off to really slow starts this year. Pitchers and position players.
Pendejo is offline   Reply With Quote