The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2007, 07:59 PM   #351
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Mariano Rivera blows a two run 9th inning lead, giving up a 3 run bomb to Marco Scutaro.

I'm sure Yankee fans will find a way to blame A-Rod for it.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 08:01 PM   #352
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN

All dat force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange View Post
Mariano Rivera blows a two run 9th inning lead, giving up a 3 run bomb to Marco Scutaro.

Marco Scutaro? Yikesssss.
WABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 08:14 PM   #353
OrangeShadow
armed

and dangerous

i dont give a rats ass how they lose as long as they do.
OrangeShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 08:18 PM   #354
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

OMG I fricken hate Byung Kim. Get rid of that bum!
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 09:17 PM   #355
MechanicalBull
Interesting Times Ahead

Quote:

If A-Rod continued hitting homers like he's been doing there would be no need to bring in Mariano and the Yanks would've won. How dare A-Rod only go 2-3 with 1 rbi
MechanicalBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 09:20 PM   #356
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechanicalBull View Post
If A-Rod continued hitting homers like he's been doing there would be no need to bring in Mariano and the Yanks would've won. How dare A-Rod only go 2-3 with 1 rbi
Actually, he missed a 3 run homer to center field by about a foot in the 8th inning. It ended up being a sac fly and gave the Yankees a 4-2 lead.

So it is A-Rod's fault.
Old 04-15-2007, 09:49 PM   #357
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

All the Dodgers wearing 42 is pretty cool.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 12:05 AM   #358
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Apparently there was tightness in Harden's shoulder that caused him to come out of the game. He claims that he'll be fine and won't miss a start, but I'll believe it when I see it.
Old 04-16-2007, 08:46 PM   #359
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

I don't know if they always do this, but while the Madres have designated some games on the shed-yool as premium and increased the price accordingly...they have also designated some Thursday afternoon games as 2 for 1 days. Meaning in certain sections including the good seats in the Toyota Terrace are half price. I believe dogs are two for one as well.

I was downtown today, and picked up an upper reserve ducket for six bucks. Add that to the $2.25 for bus fare to be dropped off directly across from PetCo, and on Thursday I'm getting an afternoon of MLB for less than the cost of going to a movie.

Jake Peavy Vs. Livan Hernandez.
Pendejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 08:51 PM   #360
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Pudge hit a grand slam in the first inning.

I have tickets for the White Sox/Tigers game on Sunday.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 09:37 PM   #361
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendejo View Post
I don't know if they always do this, but while the Madres have designated some games on the shed-yool as premium and increased the price accordingly...they have also designated some Thursday afternoon games as 2 for 1 days. Meaning in certain sections including the good seats in the Toyota Terrace are half price. I believe dogs are two for one as well.

I was downtown today, and picked up an upper reserve ducket for six bucks. Add that to the $2.25 for bus fare to be dropped off directly across from PetCo, and on Thursday I'm getting an afternoon of MLB for less than the cost of going to a movie.

Jake Peavy Vs. Livan Hernandez.

Creative marketing and it makes sense.
-Slap- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 10:13 PM   #362
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN

All dat force

I might be going to Wednesday night's Felix-Silva matchup in Seattle.

OMG MY HEAD WILL BLOW UP IF I DO
WABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 10:59 PM   #363
MechanicalBull
Interesting Times Ahead

Damn it. I'm almost positive I have Pudge on the bench this week and he has 6 rbi tonight alone.
MechanicalBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 11:26 PM   #364
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

F@#* The Cards

That is all.
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 11:29 PM   #365
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Behind shoddy defense, dead bats, and highly suspect pitching the Madres are currently getting stomped by the Cubs 12-1. Only Jake Peavy has managed to look good in each of his starts thus far. The other guys have been up and down...aside from my boy Clay Hensley who is having a terrible year to this point.

Also...Soriano left the game after hurting his leg diving for a ball. The Great Jerry Coleman reported it was a hammy.
Old 04-17-2007, 01:57 AM   #366
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogan11 View Post
F@#* The Cards

That is all.
Nice job by the Buccos tonight, especially the pitchers. A beautiful effort by Ian Snell, even though he didn't seem to have his best stuff. Major gut check by Salomon Torres, saving a 3-2 lead in the ninth inning:
  • LaRoche boots an easy grounder to put the leadoff hitter on.

• Molina sacrifices him to second.

• Miles hits a dribbler up third base, but it hits the bag and now there are runners at the corners with one out.

• The little pest Eckstein lets an inside pitch barely nip his oversized shirt sleeve and now the bases are loaded with one out.

• Chris Duncan steps in. He pinch hit a game winning homer against Torres the last time he faced him, last week in St Louis. Torres wasted no time getting him down 0-1 and then inducing a weak fly ball to left.

• 3-2. Bases loaded. Two outs in the ninth. Albert Pujols steps up to the plate. Torres calmly gets him to pop up and that's the ballgame. Snell evens his record at 1-1 and Torres records his fifth save in six attempts.

Its easy to root for Torres, too. He's given back a lot to the baseball playing youth in his native Dominican Republic.

Last edited by -Slap-; 04-17-2007 at 02:38 AM..
Old 04-17-2007, 02:27 AM   #367
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

Anybody in any kind of fantasy baseball league: rotisserie, points, head-to-head, keeper, Sunday slowpitch, whatever, do yourselves a big favor. Sign Carlos Quentin and do it now.

It shouldn't be a problem. Carlos is currently owned in only 38% of CBS leagues. That number will double by next week and top 90% by the All Star Break.

Brad Penny totally dominated the DiamondBacks tonight, allowing only four hits through seven innings, as he cruised to victory. Two of those four hits were doubles by Carlos Quentin. The first one should have scored Chad Tracy, but he was nailed at the plate on a beautiful relay from left field by former D-Back Luis Gonzalez.

Quentin's second double was a scorching line drive that cracked off the top of the fence in left field. He finished the evening 2-4 and one of his outs was really hard, too.

The kid is a flat out rake. He's been a very underrated prospect until recently, despite being a former first round pick after a fine collegiate career at Stanford.

The most impressive thing about Quentin is the way he controls the strike zone. Last season, at AAA Tucson, Quentin walked 45 times and struck out 46 times. In 2005, he walked 72 times and struck out 71 times. For a young power hitter to have that kind of knowledge of the strike zone is very impressive.

At 6'1", 225, Carlos doesn't possess light tower power, but the ball explodes off his bat and I think 30 pumps are attainable as soon as this season.

Old 04-17-2007, 02:43 AM   #368
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

I reacquired Quentin on one team in which I needed an outfielder as soon as I heard he might come off the DL last night. I got him for my other two teams tonight. It's only fair since I drafted him in each league to begin with.

I also managed to get his teammate, Eric Byrnes, as a free agent on one team. Not a bad acquisition for free and he can't possibly do worse for me than Elijah Dukes did.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:49 AM   #369
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I reacquired Quentin on one team in which I needed an outfielder as soon as I heard he might come off the DL last night. I got him for my other two teams tonight. It's only fair since I drafted him in each league to begin with.

I also managed to get his teammate, Eric Byrnes, as a free agent on one team. Not a bad acquisition for free and he can't possibly do worse for me than Elijah Dukes did.
Byrnes is streaky, but he can really fill a stat line when he's hot. He was one of only three players with 25 homers and 25 SB last year. The only problem is he will lapse into the occasional 5 for 40 or worse.

I hope Elijah Dukes gets arrested again.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:02 AM   #370
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Slap- View Post
Byrnes is streaky, but he can really fill a stat line when he's hot. He was one of only three players with 25 homers and 25 SB last year. The only problem is he will lapse into the occasional 5 for 40 or worse.

I hope Elijah Dukes gets arrested again.
Byrnes got me more hits tonight (2) than Dukes did all of last week. Kid really needs to stop swinging out of his shoes every at bat.

I know Soriano got 25/25 last year, who was the third?
Old 04-17-2007, 03:07 AM   #371
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

A guy in my home league is offering King Felix for the right offer... Not sure I have the juice he needs, but considering it's a keeper league and my pitching is horrendous right now, I've been scratching my chin over it...

Jason Bay is killing me, whitey. He's killing me!
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 03:11 AM   #372
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
A guy in my home league is offering King Felix for the right offer... Not sure I have the juice he needs, but considering it's a keeper league and my pitching is horrendous right now, I've been scratching my chin over it...

Jason Bay is killing me, whitey. He's killing me!
Make it happen, dude. You won't regret it.

I can't help but count my lucky stars every time I think I got him straight up for Chone Figgins.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:15 AM   #373
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Quote:
Byrnes got me more hits tonight (2) than Dukes did all of last week. Kid really needs to stop swinging out of his shoes every at bat.

I think Jimmy Rollins did it, and Mike Cameron was very close.

(Edit: Rollins went 25/36. Cameron was 22/25.)
Old 04-17-2007, 03:18 AM   #374
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendejo View Post
I think Jimmy Rollins did it, and Mike Cameron was very close.

(Edit: Rollins went 25/36. Cameron was 22/25.)
Muchos gracias.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:21 AM   #375
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Pendejo was right. It was Jimmy Rollins. Check him out this year. He's channeling Joe Morgan right now.