The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2007, 06:03 PM   #2901
spdirty
Ring of Famer
 
spdirty's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bailey
Posts: 14,463

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer
Default

good job...now get r done tomorrow
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 06:03 PM   #2902
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer
 
phillybroncosnut's Avatar
 
The HOF is BLIND!!!

Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 9,961
Default

Thank God we have something to watch cause the Broncos will lucky to finish 8-8.
phillybroncosnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 06:11 PM   #2903
DomCasual
The Dude abides.
 
DomCasual's Avatar
 
Shameless Homer

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 13,599

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Fax Machine
Default

Wow. What a beautiful day! Todd Helton is skipping around like a kid.

We've got to win tomorrow.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 06:14 PM   #2904
Jori
US Olympian
 
Jori's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,627
Default

Peavy vs Fogg tomorrow
Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 06:19 PM   #2905
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer
 
phillybroncosnut's Avatar
 
The HOF is BLIND!!!

Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 9,961
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori View Post
Peavy vs Fogg tomorrow
Ouch! You better get the bats going tomorrow!
phillybroncosnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 06:36 PM   #2906
SpringStein
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Monument, CO
Posts: 2,753
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori View Post
Peavy vs Fogg tomorrow
Any chance of skipping Fogg? Please?
SpringStein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 07:49 PM   #2907
BMF Bronco
Offseason sucks...
 
BMF Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bozeman, MT
Posts: 11,579

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ME
Default

why?! he has owned all big names lately!!!!!!!!! What channel is it on?
BMF Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 07:54 PM   #2908
Jori
US Olympian
 
Jori's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,627
Default

TBS 5:30 Pm Mst

Last edited by Jori; 09-30-2007 at 07:56 PM..
Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 08:38 PM   #2909
Paladin
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 9,227
Default

Fuentes had to do his Dramatics, and Corpas was so tight, I thought he was squeaking when he walked! Darn near lost it. Hurdle hangs on to guys too long sometimes, it seems to me. Frankly, I thought the Rockies won in spite of Hurdle....

I don't have a problem with Fogg. He is not the best possible, but I think Morales would be the only alternative, really. Saves Francis for Wednesday if they get that far?

Way to go Rockies! Now that's entertainment.....
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 08:57 PM   #2910
SpringStein
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Monument, CO
Posts: 2,753
Default

I'd feel better with Morales.

Got two tickets in section 127, row 16.
SpringStein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 09:37 PM   #2911
Paladin
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 9,227
Default

It'll be Fogg for maybe five, then Herges. Some experience there..... Other issue is going to be getting to Peavy somewhat early. Took the Rockies too long to get to Webb, and they need to beat Peavey with several runs early....
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 09:41 PM   #2912
BMF Bronco
Offseason sucks...
 
BMF Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bozeman, MT
Posts: 11,579

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ME
Default

Who's going to be online tomorrow night to give me "real" updates?
BMF Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 10:42 PM   #2913
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox
 
RhymesayersDU's Avatar
 
GANGNAM STYLE

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Back In The 303!
Posts: 14,959

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson
Default

Wow. I was out of town all weekend and wasn't around a TV much. Can't believe the Rockies get a tiebreaker game! This is pretty awesome.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 10:49 PM   #2914
broncofan2438
Faneco this...
 
broncofan2438's Avatar
 
LETS TAKE BACK THE AFC WEST

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: California
Posts: 6,299

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ERIC DECKER
Default

Good luck to them
broncofan2438 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 12:05 AM   #2915
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox
 
RhymesayersDU's Avatar
 
GANGNAM STYLE

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Back In The 303!
Posts: 14,959

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson
Default

I am so not going to class tomorrow night. I am also so not watching MNF.

Go Rockies!
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 12:29 AM   #2916
Jori
US Olympian
 
Jori's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,627
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMF Bronco View Post
Who's going to be online tomorrow night to give me "real" updates?
I can post updates
Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 01:03 AM   #2917
Bronco LB 59
Ring of Famer
 
Bronco LB 59's Avatar
 
Keep your head up dog

Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Leucadia CA
Posts: 6,044
Default

Congrats to the Rockies. I love the predominantly homegrown squad they have fielded this year. It's been a fun ride, but the joy comes to an end when NL Cy Young winner Jake Peavy slams the door shut tomorrow night. Josh Fogg = Bret Bombko
Bronco LB 59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 01:07 AM   #2918
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY
 
TheChamp24's Avatar
 
The Legend

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Broncos Country
Posts: 5,433
Default

Its going to be a fun game tomorrow night. I expect it to be a real nail biter.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 01:08 AM   #2919
24champ
Livin' the dream!
 
24champ's Avatar
 
Keep Calm and Chive on

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Southern California
Posts: 19,462

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco LB 52 View Post
Congrats to the Rockies. I love the predominantly homegrown squad they have fielded this year. It's been a fun ride, but the joy comes to an end when NL Cy Young winner Jake Peavy slams the door shut tomorrow night. Josh Fogg = Bret Bombko
Peavy = Cinderella killer.

BTW I am happy for those Rockies fans that have been posting on this thread since basically the beginning of the season. You get my respect even if you bashed my dodgers to no end.

But for the others that are just chiming in about the Rockies and rooting for them...um well there's nothing to say there.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 01:11 AM   #2920
DomCasual
The Dude abides.
 
DomCasual's Avatar
 
Shameless Homer

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 13,599

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Fax Machine
Default

I don't mind going with Fogg. The guy has been a bulldog for us the last two years. He's not all that talented, but he's almost impossible to fluster, and he just gets outs.

Plus, he'll get the hook early if he shows any signs of trouble.

Anything can happen, but I have a good feeling about this. We really have the feel of a team of destiny right now.

It's going to be intense. Fortunately, I work from home, and my office is literally a wall away from my home theater. So, I'll work during the day like a crazy man, so that I can get everything wrapped up by 5:30. Then I'll wander about twenty feet to my motorized recliner to watch a dream baseball game in 100-inches of pure viewing pleasure!
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 01:20 AM   #2921
DomCasual
The Dude abides.
 
DomCasual's Avatar
 
Shameless Homer

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 13,599

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Fax Machine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champbailey View Post
Peavy = Cinderella killer.

BTW I am happy for those Rockies fans that have been posting on this thread since basically the beginning of the season. You get my respect even if you bashed my dodgers to no end.

But for the others that are just chiming in about the Rockies and rooting for them...um well there's nothing to say there.
I'll defend myself a little on that one. I and a handful of other Rockies fans were posting through most of the year on the Rockies-specific thread I had started two years ago. About the middle of August, I asked TJ to kill it, because it was bad, bad luck. Everytime someone would post on it, something bad would happen. Anyway, once he closed it, a few of us started posting more over here. (And lo and behold, that thread gets closed, the Rockies start winning. I KNEW it was cursed!)

As for my fandom, there's nothing in need of a defense. I've stayed loyal to them every year since 1992. ("But," you say, "that couldn't be true! They didn't even start playing until 1993." Eau contraire! I followed their minor league clubs the year before the major league club started!) I've cursed ownership, and followed players that did very little to hide their disdain for having to be here. I and a lot of Rockies fans here and elsewhere deserve this. We haven't suffered as long as some, but we've still suffered.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 01:22 AM   #2922
spdirty
Ring of Famer
 
spdirty's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bailey
Posts: 14,463

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champbailey View Post
But for the others that are just chiming in about the Rockies and rooting for them...um well there's nothing to say there.
In defense of us "frontrunners," our defense gets wrapped up in 1 word...Monfort.

Personally, since '01 I vowed never to go to another game until I was convinced that they(ownership) were committed to winning a title, and I vowed that the next game I watched on TV would be a playoff game. I held out till last Tuesday.

Really have enjoyed the last week of baseball, and I will continue to root on the players. But if ownership does not do what they need to do to keep the core unit together...the boycott is back on.

So sorry if me and others are being "frontrunners." I just want an ownership that is committed to putting the best possible product on the field as possible.

With this miraculous run, the players have built up a level of good will with the fans...and management should get credit for that...now the offseason will determine how much that good will will carry into the next season.

Last edited by spdirty; 10-01-2007 at 01:27 AM..
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 01:29 AM   #2923
24champ
Livin' the dream!
 
24champ's Avatar
 
Keep Calm and Chive on

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Southern California
Posts: 19,462

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
I'll defend myself a little on that one. I and a handful of other Rockies fans were posting through most of the year on the Rockies-specific thread I had started two years ago. About the middle of August, I asked TJ to kill it, because it was bad, bad luck. Everytime someone would post on it, something bad would happen. Anyway, once he closed it, a few of us started posting more over here. (And lo and behold, that thread gets closed, the Rockies start winning. I KNEW it was cursed!)

As for my fandom, there's nothing in need of a defense. I've stayed loyal to them every year since 1992. ("But," you say, "that couldn't be true! They didn't even start playing until 1993." Eau contraire! I followed their minor league clubs the year before the major league club started!) I've cursed ownership, and followed players that did very little to hide their disdain for having to be here. I and a lot of Rockies fans here and elsewhere deserve this. We haven't suffered as long as some, but we've still suffered.
I didn't mean you Dom, I have seen your sig and it has a Rockie logo on it. So I know you follow the team through good and bad. The ones I am talking about know who they are and they just started posting a week ago when things all of a sudden started to look good for the Rockies. I don't like that, and frankly and leaves a bad mark on real rockies fans. Never be ashamed of rooting for the team you like, hell I root for one of the worst hockey franchises in the NHL. That being said, should the Rockies win tommorow, it will be SWEET for you Rockies diehards, going up against the best pitcher in the NL. Stage doesn't get any bigger. I am not rooting for anyone tommorow since you are both divisional rivals, but if you guys win it tommorow I will be happy for people like yourself.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 01:38 AM   #2924
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY
 
TheChamp24's Avatar
 
The Legend

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Broncos Country
Posts: 5,433
Default

I think I've been posting on and off throughout this thread over the year. It was tough in the beginning of the year
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 01:40 AM   #2925
24champ
Livin' the dream!
 
24champ's Avatar
 
Keep Calm and Chive on

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Southern California
Posts: 19,462

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
In defense of us "frontrunners," our defense gets wrapped up in 1 word...Monfort.

Personally, since '01 I vowed never to go to another game until I was convinced that they(ownership) were committed to winning a title, and I vowed that the next game I watched on TV would be a playoff game. I held out till last Tuesday.

Really have enjoyed the last week of baseball, and I will continue to root on the players. But if ownership does not do what they need to do to keep the core unit together...the boycott is back on.

So sorry if me and others are being "frontrunners." I just want an ownership that is committed to putting the best possible product on the field as possible.

With this miraculous run, the players have built up a level of good will with the fans...and management should get credit for that...now the offseason will determine how much that good will will carry into the next season.
Look, I fully understand your position. I know all about crappy ownership. I've lived through several years of crappy ownership in the NHL and with the Dodgers with Newscorp. Doesn't mean I stop following them through the TV and internet. I went to a couple Kings and Dodger games but maybe not as many as I would have had they had a clue on how to run the franchise then. Now it figures that I am here in Denver and they both finally get their **** together. Anyway I guess my point is that even though you have crappy ownership, it shouldn't prevent you from keeping track of the team completely.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:06 PM.


Denver Broncos