The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2007, 10:35 PM   #2726
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
Has anyone heard an attendance number for tonight?
I heard it was something like 50,300
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 10:47 PM   #2727
BMF Bronco
Offseason sucks...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ME

what's going on? Pitching change?
BMF Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 10:49 PM   #2728
SpringStein
Ring of Famer

If Kaz gets a hit, Tulo will as well.
SpringStein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 10:50 PM   #2729
SpringStein
Ring of Famer

O well.
It was fun while it lasted.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:51 PM   #2730
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

Well, Rockies are most likely finished.
Can't believe no one could hit that fastball from Valverde...
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 10:51 PM   #2731
BMF Bronco
Offseason sucks...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ME

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu u uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun
Old 09-28-2007, 10:51 PM   #2732
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Man, that hurts.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 10:55 PM   #2733
BMF Bronco
Offseason sucks...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ME

Hey, they still have a slim chance, I am not packing it in yet.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:00 PM   #2734
TheChamp24

The Legend

Well, when you have to win 2 in a row against the "best" NL team and for another good team to lose 2 straight against a team thats really struggling, I don't like the chances.
If the Padres split this weekend it doesn't matter what the Rockies do.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:03 PM   #2735
SpringStein
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMF Bronco View Post
Hey, they still have a slim chance, I am not packing it in yet.
If they survive they will have to change their name to Colorado Possums.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:06 PM   #2736
Xenos
Who got Bunny Ears?

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
Well, when you have to win 2 in a row against the "best" NL team and for another good team to lose 2 straight against a team thats really struggling, I don't like the chances.
If the Padres split this weekend it doesn't matter what the Rockies do.
They just split. I'm a Padres fan (really don't care for baseball in general), but I was hoping for the Rockies to win today. Sorry guys. Is there still a wildcard possibility for the Rockies if they win the next two against the DBacks?
Xenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 11:06 PM   #2737
TheChamp24

The Legend

It really sickens me the DBacks might end up with the best record in the NL. I think they will get rocked in the playoffs. Other than Webb, the starting pitchers are average at best.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:08 PM   #2738
TheChamp24

The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenos View Post
They just split. I'm a Padres fan (really don't care for baseball in general), but I was hoping for the Rockies to win today. Sorry guys. Is there still a wildcard possibility for the Rockies if they win the next two against the DBacks?
I met the next 2 games, split Saturday and Sunday, Padres are in.
If the Padres go 0-2, the Rockies 2-0, theres a chance the Rockies could make the wild card. Not sure what would happen in a 3 way tie though if the Mets win the next 2 though as well. So lets just say they go 1-1 and then, a playoff game between the Padres and Rockies for the Wild Card.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:11 PM   #2739
SpringStein
Ring of Famer

Only way for Rockies for WC is for them to win 2 and Padres to lose last two. Doesn't look promising.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:13 PM   #2740
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I'll tell you what. Playoffs or no playoffs, I hope we come out playing to win. I don't know why, but I hate the Diamondbacks. Watching them celebrate tonight, and watching that Velverde punk pumping his fist after every pitch just makes me seethe. And with the Brewers having nothing to play for, I'd love to at least see us give the Padres a chance to win the division.

For the playoffs, I'm pulling for the Phillies and Cubs.

What a bummer. I'm proud of this team, though - and wildly optimistic for the future. There doesn't need to be any significant changes this offseason. They will probably address the Atkins situation, but that can be pretty positive. Get a starter and/or solid reliever, if you're going to trade him. And the last two weeks is going to be huge for them in the future. You've now got a whole team that has experienced the pressure of a pennant race. And you have a whole team that is going to have an offseason to salivate over the prospect of doing it again.

Still - damn!
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 11:16 PM   #2741
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringStein View Post
Only way for Rockies for WC is for them to win 2 and Padres to lose last two. Doesn't look promising.
Plus, the Brewers now have nothing to play for against San Diego.

I can't believe the Diamonbacks are going to finish with the best record in the National League while being outscored on the season. I'd guess that they're the first team in NL history to accomplish that.

I can't believe that the Padres have gone on a winning streak after the Bradley/Cameron injuries. If Brian Giles doesn't hit that home run against San Fran the other night I think they'd have continued to fall apart.

I can't believe the Rockies are going to finish third in the NL West and possibly have the third best record in the NL.

The Brewers have been choking for months now and the Mets are finishing off one of the greatest chokes in recent MLB history.
Breck Bronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 11:16 PM   #2742
TheChamp24

The Legend

It would be cool if we could go back in time, and stop Fuentes from blowing those 4 straight. Or at least make it so he pulls off the W in 2 of them.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:22 PM   #2743
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
I'll tell you what. Playoffs or no playoffs, I hope we come out playing to win. I don't know why, but I hate the Diamondbacks. Watching them celebrate tonight, and watching that Velverde punk pumping his fist after every pitch just makes me seethe. And with the Brewers having nothing to play for, I'd love to at least see us give the Padres a chance to win the division.

For the playoffs, I'm pulling for the Phillies and Cubs.

What a bummer. I'm proud of this team, though - and wildly optimistic for the future. There doesn't need to be any significant changes this offseason. They will probably address the Atkins situation, but that can be pretty positive. Get a starter and/or solid reliever, if you're going to trade him. And the last two weeks is going to be huge for them in the future. You've now got a whole team that has experienced the pressure of a pennant race. And you have a whole team that is going to have an offseason to salivate over the prospect of doing it again.

Still - damn!
Valverde is lucky he doesn't have to hit. His celebration tonight was over the top.

The Diamondbacks are going to get smoked in the playoffs at one point or another. The NL is so weak, though, that they could still make the World Series. And I hope another mediocre team like the '06 Cardinals does not win the championship.
Breck Bronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 11:24 PM   #2744
TheChamp24

The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breck Bronc View Post
Plus, the Brewers now have nothing to play for against San Diego.

I can't believe the Diamonbacks are going to finish with the best record in the National League while being outscored on the season. I'd guess that they're the first team in NL history to accomplish that.

I can't believe that the Padres have gone on a winning streak after the Bradley/Cameron injuries. If Brian Giles doesn't hit that home run against San Fran the other night I think they'd have continued to fall apart.

I can't believe the Rockies are going to finish third in the NL West and possibly have the third best record in the NL.

The Brewers have been choking for months now and the Mets are finishing off one of the greatest chokes in recent MLB history.
The DBacks are proof that in the regular season, if you have great fielding and fantastic pitching by the bullpen throughout the season, you will win a lot of games.
It really amazes me that not one single hitter in their lineup is hitting .300 or better, no one is close to 100 RBI's, 1 player with 100+ runs, and actually have 2 regulars hitting in the .230's. With that offensive numbers you would think they would be well below .500. Their bullpen has been superb though.
I really think the Cubs or whoever they play can take care of business against them in the playoffs because that won't hold up in the playoffs. That offense will score less, and the pitching I think will struggle outside of Webb(starters).
Old 09-28-2007, 11:41 PM   #2745
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Sorry fellas. Tough pill to swallow. I had to swallow that pill the last 2 seasons after we missed the wildcard by 1 game in the last 2 seasons.

I was really pulling for you guys to sweep the D-Backs and win the West. now that that is impossible, I can't root for you to win the wildcard. Don't take that the wrong way. If you guys win the wildcard, and the Phils win the East, it would be a Rox/Phils first round. The Rockies are the last team I wanna see matched up against the Phillies. Your lineup is right there with the Phillies as the best in the national league. It would make for a wildly exciting series but I don't want any part of that lineup. I hope you can see that I am paying a huge compliment and you don't take it the wrong way when i said I can't cheer for the Rox to get the wildcard.

I know this isn't gonna help much but, you guys have a hell of a future and it sounds wierd but, the Rox coming up a game or 2 short this season will only help them in the future. I speak from experience. Be proud Rox fans, you have a bright future!
phillybroncosnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 03:52 AM   #2746
broncofan2438
Faneco this...

LETS TAKE BACK THE AFC WEST

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ERIC DECKER

Yea, they have no chance, they will not make it with this schedule
broncofan2438 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 04:16 AM   #2747
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Valverde always does his over the top garbage celebrations. One of these days I hope he pulls a "Milton Bradley".
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 07:32 AM   #2748
OrangeShadow
armed

and dangerous

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO going to go get my division champs gear today
OrangeShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 08:11 AM   #2749
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeShadow View Post
WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO going to go get my division champs gear today
Forget the division gear, I am hoping for WS gear.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 05:15 PM   #2750
Paladin
Ring of Famer

What needs to be kept in mind is that this team sort of came out of the blue. I think a lot of Rockies' observers were hoping that they could just get to a break-even season. Well, they bested that. So, the future does look a lot better if the Monforts do the right things (and there's the rub, isn't it?).

I am still very pleased that I can come out of the closet now and say I am a Rockies Fan. It was tough to do before, but now, not any fan from any team can lord anything over the Rockies now.

Screw the Dudgers, Pads, Snakes and Midgets, the Soxes (red or white). cubs, Braves or whomever. The Rockies are equal to any of them in talent, skills and ability to win games, at home or on the road. Period. That felt good to say. I hope they win the next two, and let the chips fall where they may.

With respect, I don't think the Snakes will do much in the playoffs. Not a good bet. Just a hunch.....
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote