The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NBA & NCAA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2007, 09:53 PM   #1
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual
Default UNLV cracks top 25

UNLV heading back to the glory days

I'd hope so.

Quote:
Ranked!

UNLV men's basketball team cracks ESPN/USA Today Top 25 Coaches' Poll for first time in 14 years.

Jan. 29, 2007

LAS VEGAS - The UNLV men's basketball team, which is off to its best start in 14 years with an overall record of 18-4, broke into the ESPN/USA Today Coaches' Poll Monday.

UNLV, which is tied with Indiana for the final spot in the top 25 rankings, is in the poll for the first time since the final rankings of the 1992-93 season. UNLV was No. 19 in that poll, which was released on March 15, 1993.

"I am really happy for our players and also very happy for our fans," head coach Lon Kruger said. "Our players obviously have worked extremely hard and continue to make progress and our crowds have been outstanding. The students were there early on Saturday and their enthusiasm set the stage for a great night. The fans definitely share in the credit for the recognition that comes with being in the top 25 and our players are excited about that as well."

UNLV had its largest attendance figure in a decade on Saturday night against New Mexico. The Runnin' Rebels won the game 72-76 in overtime in front of 17,056, which was the largest UNLV regular season home crowd since Dec. 27, 1997 against UCLA (17,490).

The Runnin' Rebels, who are in their third year under Kruger, next play at Colorado State on Tuesday. The game will be played at 7 p.m. MST/6 p.m. PST and will be televised live on the mtn. (Cox Digital 334 in Las Vegas).
http://unlvrebels.cstv.com/sports/m-...012907aae.html
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2007, 10:49 PM   #2
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

cool. Go Air Force.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 11:30 PM   #3
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
cool. Go Air Force.
Interesting. I didn't expect an Air Force fan to chime in...I know there is alot of New Mexico, Wyoming, Utah, BYU fans on here but never Air Force.

BTW Im glad the MWC tourney is back in Vegas where it belongs.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 12:20 AM   #4
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champbailey View Post
Interesting. I didn't expect an Air Force fan to chime in...I know there is alot of New Mexico, Wyoming, Utah, BYU fans on here but never Air Force.

BTW Im glad the MWC tourney is back in Vegas where it belongs.
oh the arrogant ass cadets in there have kinda stifled my rooting interest in em, but I love Bzdelik and Fisher when he was there and always root for the Colorado teams. Plus, its always fun watching them do well because they always are outmanned against the big teams and always seem to give em a run for their money.

My favorite college teams in all sports are
1. Air Force
2. Colorado
3. Colorado State

I really enjoyed watching UNLV during their glory days, though, and would like em to be good again.

BYU sucks.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 11:38 PM   #5
sgbfan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
oh the arrogant ass cadets in there have kinda stifled my rooting interest in em, but I love Bzdelik and Fisher when he was there and always root for the Colorado teams. Plus, its always fun watching them do well because they always are outmanned against the big teams and always seem to give em a run for their money.

My favorite college teams in all sports are
1. Air Force
2. Colorado
3. Colorado State

I really enjoyed watching UNLV during their glory days, though, and would like em to be good again.

BYU sucks.
They sure have looked like it against air force and UNLV!
sgbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 11:28 PM   #6
ABA6776
Rookie

Bronco Fan For Life!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

BYU "Fans" are no better than Raider fans....rude! Anyway, I'll never forget how UNLV cleaned Duke's clock by the biggest finals margin EVER....103-73 in 1990
ABA6776 is offline   Reply With Quote