The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2007, 11:56 PM   #51
Bronco Billy
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
Well thanks, I guess. But all I was saying was, sliding behind the LOS and sacking yourself is weak. I mean, imagine if a Bronco QB did that, we'd have his ass like his name was Brian Griese.

He played tremendously in the 2nd half and should be commended for it. But that one particular play was a major b**** move, IMO.
I agree with you. After seeing that play I just shook my head. At the very least, he should of just thrown it away for an incompletion.
Bronco Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:31 AM   #52
azbroncfan
Ring of Famer

Angry guntoting,meateating AMERICAN

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TEBOW

I can't understand this board, everyone bashes thug players, cancer cases, guys with legal cases, guys with 7 kids with 7 different women, then proceed to rip on Manning because he is a little cocky and whines a little bit but he is a good guy and stays out of the nightclubs and all the other crap. So I ask what kind of players does the board want here thugs and criminals or someone with character of manning?
azbroncfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:37 AM   #53
azbroncfan
Ring of Famer

Angry guntoting,meateating AMERICAN

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TEBOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post
If Manning didn't slide early and got Trent Green'd, everyone would be ripping him for not sliding early. It's not worth your franchise quarterback getting knocked out of the game for an extra yard or two. Jim Sorgi is going to come in and win the game for the Colts? Give me a break.

On a side note, kudos again to Tom Brady losing a game and not shaking anyone's hand afterwards. I called that one days ago.

Exactly. People here will bash him to no end to the the ass whoppings he has put on Denver. I was going to put him on the biggest choker poll until I watched the 2nd half. After the first half I was thinking if there is a team that can come back from a 21-3 deficit the Colts are them.
azbroncfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:38 AM   #54
Atlas
Draft Defense Early&Often

Quote:
Originally Posted by azbroncfan View Post
I can't understand this board, everyone bashes thug players, cancer cases, guys with legal cases, guys with 7 kids with 7 different women, then proceed to rip on Manning because he is a little cocky and whines a little bit but he is a good guy and stays out of the nightclubs and all the other crap. So I ask what kind of players does the board want here thugs and criminals or someone with character of manning?
I agree. I don't really like the guy but I'm not gonna bash him when there are really bad people out there that deserve it.

I noticed Tank Williams made a tackle or a sack and got up pumping his chest and the crowd went wild.
Atlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:52 AM   #55
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:

I agree. That's exactly the way I feel about Peyton Manning. I see him as everything that is right about the NFL right now. Not that there aren't others. But Peyton is a great role model who doesn't just rely on superior physical ability to get it done. He works hard in every phase in order to be the best he can possibly be. He's one of the best quarterbacks of this generation.
Taco John is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 01:03 AM   #56
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I rooted for Manning over Ray Lewis. My issues with Manning are primarily about the way his fans and most of the media portrays him.
-Slap- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 01:12 AM   #57
Tredici
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I think it's that huge noggin'.....

Tredici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 06:56 AM   #58
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

it is a very good point. Payton annoys me, but I might forego that, considering other things, especially Brokeback Mountain's crybaby antics...
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 07:46 AM   #59
ol number 7
The Champ

Flair for Life

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Craig Morton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
I agree. That's exactly the way I feel about Peyton Manning. I see him as everything that is right about the NFL right now. Not that there aren't others. But Peyton is a great role model who doesn't just rely on superior physical ability to get it done. He works hard in every phase in order to be the best he can possibly be. He's one of the best quarterbacks of this generation.
Judging by all the commercials he really is full of himself. Great player but an annoying personality. Kinda like Donovan with the Chunky Soup stuff. You kinda like to see him get it handed to him so mama brings him some soup to the locker room.
ol number 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 09:07 AM   #60
crazyhorse
All Motor!!

You can only hope to contain me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Personally, I've never seen a better QB.
crazyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 09:38 AM   #61
Bronco_Beerslug
Angling in the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhorse View Post
Personally, I've never seen a better QB.
Thats because this NFL thing is new to you.
Bronco_Beerslug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 09:51 AM   #62
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Slap- View Post
I rooted for Manning over Ray Lewis. My issues with Manning are primarily about the way his fans and most of the media portrays him.
We can say the exact same thing about Brady. I've never seen the media wash anyone's balls, they way they do for Brady. I don't really hate Brady, either....to your point. Just soooooooo sick and tired of the love fest over him.

And the Pats' have the most arrogant fans in football.......
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 10:01 AM   #63
Hotrod
Self Appointed Expert

aka Dortoh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Miss I

Quote:
I have never hated this guy, or been obsessed with him like this board has been. I've never wished him ill, or hoped he'd never win a championship. Never cared about his commercials, or his contract, or the shape of his head. I always thought he was a great QB.

But your team is down 18 points and you slide behind the line of scrimmage? What a pansy. Even if the Colts make a come back and win this game, Peyton is a douche bag.
Quoted for truth.

I've always hated on mellon head but last night I realized why. The a-hole thinks hes bigger then the game. That pisses me off. I personally hope Da Bears mess him up. I dont want to see him get hurt but lose a nice close heart breaker so we can see who he throws under the bus this year
Hotrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 10:02 AM   #64
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
He does. How do you know that?

I know for a fact that he does NOT stay out of the Clubs and that all his personal stuff is pretty well washed under the rug in INDY. I really used to like Manning as a person until one of my friends here confirmed a couple of local incidents that have never been made public and I saw Manning myself out in Broad Ripple (the local Bar scene) hitting on women several weeks ago. I could not believe he was that crass and Careless going into the playoffs. It really surprised me in that INDY just had the Steven Jackson incident less than a year ago.

Peyton is not who he is portrayed in the media. Surprise, surprise!
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 10:02 AM   #65
Hotrod
Self Appointed Expert

aka Dortoh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Miss I

Quote:
If by character you mean someone who thinks nothing of throwing his team under the bus after big loses then no thanks.
Hotrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 10:11 AM   #66
defenseman
Ring of Famer

2007 record pred. (7-9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrod View Post
If by character you mean someone who thinks nothing of throwing his team under the bus after big loses then no thanks.
This, is not a good character trait, agreed. However, I'll still be rooting for the colts. Tired of the yr in and yr out "peyton" doesn't have a superbowl ring rhetoric. ...dman

*The bears, while good on defense, don't impress offensively. In addition, in the air the bears defense has shown they are vulnerable. I'm banking on Manning tearing them up.
defenseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 10:34 AM   #67
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

the dude showed some nads last night and made some nice throws under duress. douches don't do that.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 10:37 AM   #68
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post

I know for a fact that he does NOT stay out of the Clubs and that all his personal stuff is pretty well washed under the rug in INDY. I really used to like Manning as a person until one of my friends here confirmed a couple of local incidents that have never been made public and I saw Manning myself out in Broad Ripple (the local Bar scene) hitting on women several weeks ago. I could not believe he was that crass and Careless going into the playoffs. It really surprised me in that INDY just had the Steven Jackson incident less than a year ago.

shhhhhhh.....for a second there, I thought you might be talking about John Elway
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 10:39 AM   #69
Bronco_Beerslug
Angling in the Deep

Quote:

I got more respect than ever for the guy now!
Bronco_Beerslug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 10:40 AM   #70
KipCorrington25
Free Safety

Quote:
'' all you want. Good for Manning, he played a tremendous 2nd half. But sliding behind the LOS and sacking himself was weak.

Yeah he should risk an injury to gain one extra yard because they have Jim POS Sorgi on the bench...

I'm not a Manning fan but he's smart to avoid the hit and not risk the injury.
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 10:50 AM   #71
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:

So basically then, every heterosexual man is a "douche" because he, at one point or another in his life, has hit on women in a bar ?!?

I'm guilty too......
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 10:52 AM   #72
broncoblue
english not british!!

im not ...hahaha..
i would never hit on a girl in a bar....mmmmmmm lol
broncoblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 10:55 AM   #73
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Peyton hits on girls in clubs?

I've changed my mind then. He's a terrible quarterback.
Taco John is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 11:09 AM   #74
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Well, let's see. His character is at issue here and he is married. Those late nights studying film might be something else altogether.

So, you all are condoning adultery if you are an NFL athlete and can have it covered up for you? Pathetic. I have always tried staying out of the moral character issue on this board, because I screw up just as much as the next guy. But to condone and even give an attaboy attitude about it is pathetic.

Does it make him a bad QB? No. Does it make him a liar and questionable character guy? Absolutely. That's all I am saying. I loved Plummer the person and hated Plummer the QB. Consider it vice versa for Manning.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 11:12 AM   #75
Bronco Bob
Tastee Freeze

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

Quote:
I have never hated this guy, or been obsessed with him like this board has been. I've never wished him ill, or hoped he'd never win a championship. Never cared about his commercials, or his contract, or the shape of his head. I always thought he was a great QB.

But your team is down 18 points and you slide behind the line of scrimmage? What a pansy. Even if the Colts make a come back and win this game, Peyton is a douche bag.
Ooops!
Bronco Bob is offline   Reply With Quote