The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NBA & NCAA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2007, 02:13 PM   #1
NaptownChief
Donkeys Nightmare

Football Pimp

Default Pacers/Golden State....Big Trade

Just had this sent to me...Don't have an official link...I think the Pacers made out pretty well in the deal. Murphy, Dunleavy and Diogu is a pretty good return for being able to dump Stephen Jackson and his bad contract.

The Golden State Warriors have agreed to trade Troy Murphy, Mike Dunleavy, Ike Diogu and Keith McLeod to the Indiana Pacers for Al Harrington, Stephen Jackson, Sarunas Jasikevicius and Josh Powell
NaptownChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2007, 06:07 PM   #2
GonzoLays
Five Tool Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#3 DJ

I don't know if the Pacers made out in this deal. Stephen Jackson was the only wing player in Indiana that could manufacture his own shot. He might have been hated for his off the court antics, but he was Indy's best wing player.

The rest of the trade? Don't know. Seems like a lateral move for both teams. If anything, Indiana gave up more production (current stats) in this deal. Murphy/Dunleavy Jr (worst contract in the NBA)/Diogu(nice steal) for Jackson/Harrington/Sarunas? Fair swap, I guess.
GonzoLays is offline   Reply With Quote