The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > MLB
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2006, 10:29 PM   #26
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN

All dat force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller View Post
http://www.denverpost.com/ci_4826602

Says Jennings turned down 3 years for $24.5M and a club option
Considering Adam Eaton got the same amount as a FA, I don't blame Jennings for turning it down.

Miguel Batista is making more than that.
WABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 10:42 PM   #27
Bronco LB 59
Ring of Famer

Keep your head up dog

Hirsh alone makes this trade worthwhile for the Rockies. 6-8, 245 pound flamethrower with good command of a 97 mph fastball but has the ability to sink it and generate groundballs with it.

Houston fans hate this trade today. They were hoping to have Hirsh be their firm #2 to Oswalt for the next five years.

I know Colorado fans think management is being cheap, but the current state of the market in baseball is outrageous. Due to the market conditions, the Rockies had to take a chance to get better next year.

Jason Jennings types are a dime a dozen in baseball. Jason Hirsh type talents are not.
Bronco LB 59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 10:45 PM   #28
Bronco LB 59
Ring of Famer

Keep your head up dog

Wily Taveras is tailormade for that ballpark. Huge shot in the arm for the Rockies pitching staff.
Bronco LB 59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 10:53 PM   #29
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Reading some of the scouting reports on Hirsh and seriously Rock fans should be jumping joy and singing kumbya over this trade...
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 12:10 AM   #30
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

It's like I said in an earlier post. The trade itself doesn't bother me as much as the concept behind the trade. It's not a bad trade, player-wise. But it's offensive for O'Dowd to call it anything but what it is - a salary dump. And it's a sign of things to come. If any of the three players they picked up today pan out, they will follow Jennings out of town. For that matter, Atkins and Holliday will end up somewhere else. It's pathetic.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 12:43 AM   #31
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN

All dat force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco LB 52 View Post
Hirsh alone makes this trade worthwhile for the Rockies. 6-8, 245 pound flamethrower with good command of a 97 mph fastball but has the ability to sink it and generate groundballs with it.

Houston fans hate this trade today. They were hoping to have Hirsh be their firm #2 to Oswalt for the next five years.

I know Colorado fans think management is being cheap, but the current state of the market in baseball is outrageous. Due to the market conditions, the Rockies had to take a chance to get better next year.

Jason Jennings types are a dime a dozen in baseball. Jason Hirsh type talents are not.
Perfectly stated.
WABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 02:57 AM   #32
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

I can understand Rockies' fans being angry, given their track record, but they really did pretty well in this deal. Taveras plays Gold Glove caliber defense and he can flat out fly. The Rocks have needed a guy like this in center since Pierre was here. On the negative side, he's still developing offensively and Boras is his agent.

Hirsh is Houston's best pitching prospect in years and he should make a solid impact in 2008 and beyond. Bucholz is a solid prospect in his own right and he had some promising moments with the big club last year.
-Slap- is offline   Reply With Quote