The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NBA & NCAA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2006, 12:04 PM   #176
GonzoLays
Five Tool Poster
 
GonzoLays's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 5,622

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#3 DJ
Default

And secondly, how anybody can call this guy a loser is beyond me.

Let me see another superstar lead Eric Snow, Aarron Mckie, Tyrone Hill and Mutombo to a 50 win season and two wins away from the NBA championship. It can't be done.
GonzoLays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 12:09 PM   #177
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 36,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoLays View Post
I think Iverson gets a bad rap as a 'ball hog' because hasn't played with anybody. It's not like Iverson has been stealing shots from all-stars. Who is he suppose to pass the ball to?
They have talent on that team. In San Antonio, Bruce Bowen, 55 year olds Robt Horry and Brent Barry, Fabricio Oberto, and even Flyin' Francisco Elson are effective. In fact, nearly every player that gets minutes next to Duncan at any point in their careers is effective in whatever role they perform.

Philly has talent. Iguodala isnt any good? I would absolutely love to have that kid on Dallas. Imagine him in Phoenix catching balls from Nash. Webber isnt the old Webber, but he can give you some effective minutes, Korver is a player, Carney can play, and Dalembert has talent.

If Dallas can extract minutes from Diop and Keith Van Horn, there's no reason why Philly cant extract minutes from those guys. If Korver played in San Antonio, he would be a killer. Same for Dalembert, Webber, Carney, and especially Iguodala.
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 12:10 PM   #178
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 36,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoLays View Post
And secondly, how anybody can call this guy a loser is beyond me.

Let me see another superstar lead Eric Snow, Aarron Mckie, Tyrone Hill and Mutombo to a 50 win season and two wins away from the NBA championship. It can't be done.
It can in the East.
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 01:47 PM   #179
GonzoLays
Five Tool Poster
 
GonzoLays's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 5,622

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#3 DJ
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryllama View Post
They have talent on that team. In San Antonio, Bruce Bowen, 55 year olds Robt Horry and Brent Barry, Fabricio Oberto, and even Flyin' Francisco Elson are effective. In fact, nearly every player that gets minutes next to Duncan at any point in their careers is effective in whatever role they perform.

Philly has talent. Iguodala isnt any good? I would absolutely love to have that kid on Dallas. Imagine him in Phoenix catching balls from Nash. Webber isnt the old Webber, but he can give you some effective minutes, Korver is a player, Carney can play, and Dalembert has talent.

If Dallas can extract minutes from Diop and Keith Van Horn, there's no reason why Philly cant extract minutes from those guys. If Korver played in San Antonio, he would be a killer. Same for Dalembert, Webber, Carney, and especially Iguodala.
If that's the case, why is Philly 0-4 without Iverson? If they had "talent" they would not have been blown out in two of their past four games. If Iguadola was so 'great' he would be averaging 22-25 points per game without Iverson. But since he is not, he is only averaging 2 more points a game since Iverson sat out despite 30+ more shot being available. Just because the guy can dunk does make him a great player.

They are a terrible team. That is why they are 5-14.
GonzoLays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 01:55 PM   #180
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 29,612

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

If you guys want to see some funny stuff go over to the nuggets board that was linked on page 6. Apparently Sandy clough mentioned a fan forum and these guys went ballistic. They are now calling for the board to be closed to members only and to members who have only registered in the past week. That is some funny stuff man!
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 01:58 PM   #181
rubaiyat
Pro Bowler
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 545
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryllama View Post
They have talent on that team. In San Antonio, Bruce Bowen, 55 year olds Robt Horry and Brent Barry, Fabricio Oberto, and even Flyin' Francisco Elson are effective. In fact, nearly every player that gets minutes next to Duncan at any point in their careers is effective in whatever role they perform.

Philly has talent. Iguodala isnt any good? I would absolutely love to have that kid on Dallas. Imagine him in Phoenix catching balls from Nash. Webber isnt the old Webber, but he can give you some effective minutes, Korver is a player, Carney can play, and Dalembert has talent.

If Dallas can extract minutes from Diop and Keith Van Horn, there's no reason why Philly cant extract minutes from those guys. If Korver played in San Antonio, he would be a killer. Same for Dalembert, Webber, Carney, and especially Iguodala.
Korver plays no defense. He doesn't hustle. He's a much less talented Horry...just younger.
rubaiyat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 01:59 PM   #182
GonzoLays
Five Tool Poster
 
GonzoLays's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 5,622

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#3 DJ
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApaOps5 View Post
If you guys want to see some funny stuff go over to the nuggets board that was linked on page 6. Apparently Sandy clough mentioned a fan forum and these guys went ballistic. They are now calling for the board to be closed to members only and to members who have only registered in the past week. That is some funny stuff man!
What's the link?
GonzoLays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 02:32 PM   #183
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 29,612

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoLays View Post
What's the link?
www.nuggets.proboards1.com

Once there click on nuggets talk. Then look for the AI trade rumors thread. It is something like 22 pages. The last few pages are members going nuts about Clough and the trade rumors.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 03:20 PM   #184
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 36,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoLays View Post
If that's the case, why is Philly 0-4 without Iverson? If they had "talent" they would not have been blown out in two of their past four games. If Iguadola was so 'great' he would be averaging 22-25 points per game without Iverson. But since he is not, he is only averaging 2 more points a game since Iverson sat out despite 30+ more shot being available. Just because the guy can dunk does make him a great player.

They are a terrible team. That is why they are 5-14.
They were terrible with Iverson. Iverson has a career .500 record. I cant think of another "superstar" player who has had a long career that is as mediocre as that.

Iverson is not a winner.
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 03:54 PM   #185
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!
 
DomCasual's Avatar
 
Shameless Homer

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 13,752

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApaOps5 View Post
www.nuggets.proboards1.com

Once there click on nuggets talk. Then look for the AI trade rumors thread. It is something like 22 pages. The last few pages are members going nuts about Clough and the trade rumors.
My favorite is this, from Lubick:

Okay guys, it's time to come clean:

I am Sandy Clough.

And I have the herpes.

Thanks for listening,
Sandy Clough


DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 04:30 PM   #186
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 29,612

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
My favorite is this, from Lubick:

Okay guys, it's time to come clean:

I am Sandy Clough.

And I have the herpes.

Thanks for listening,
Sandy Clough


theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 04:31 PM   #187
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox
 
RhymesayersDU's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Back In The 303!
Posts: 14,989

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryllama View Post
They have talent on that team. In San Antonio, Bruce Bowen, 55 year olds Robt Horry and Brent Barry, Fabricio Oberto, and even Flyin' Francisco Elson are effective. In fact, nearly every player that gets minutes next to Duncan at any point in their careers is effective in whatever role they perform.

Philly has talent. Iguodala isnt any good? I would absolutely love to have that kid on Dallas. Imagine him in Phoenix catching balls from Nash. Webber isnt the old Webber, but he can give you some effective minutes, Korver is a player, Carney can play, and Dalembert has talent.

If Dallas can extract minutes from Diop and Keith Van Horn, there's no reason why Philly cant extract minutes from those guys. If Korver played in San Antonio, he would be a killer. Same for Dalembert, Webber, Carney, and especially Iguodala.
llama, I realize you dislike Iverson. We've had this discussion on this board before, and you don't like the guy. That's fine, we all have our opinions.

However, I think your post is off base because you're comparing bench players to starters. For example, you say that in San Antonio, all those players are effective. For one, Bruce Bowen can play some ball. He was invited to the Team USA Summer Tryouts for a reason. Secondly, you fail to mention that those guys get to play around 3 players who have made All-Star Teams. Duncan and Ginobli have made All-Star teams, and I'm pretty sure Parker has too but I can't remember exactly. I think he was a reserve last year or two years ago, but I forget.

Same argument with Dallas. Yeah, you guys extracted minutes from KVH, but it's off the bench. What would happen if instead of playing 10-15 minutes a night KVH started every night playing 30+ minutes? The outcome might be different.

It's simply not the same. In Philly, KVH might be starting, just to use an example. Philly doesn't have 3 All-Stars like San Antonio. I will grant you that Dallas only has one star in Dirk, but I'd argue that Jason Terry is about as close to an All-Star you can get, but he gets lost behind Nash and others at the PG spot. Point is, there's a reason Dallas made the Finals last year. Because they have a quality starting 5. When you have a great starting 5, of course it's easy to get quality minutes here and there from bench players. In Philly, some of the bench players you mentioned might be starting, or fighting for starting spots.

I do like Iguodala, and I think Dalembert has potential, but Korver has been wildly inconsistent, and Webber is simply a jump shooter now, not a PF. Who else does that team even have?

Larry Brown and AI performed some magic that year they took Philly to the Finals. Hell, that team had to play 4 on 5 on offense because Mutombo was inept. That was not an NBA Finals team, no matter how bad the East is/was.

I think AI has carried the 76ers as best he could for all these years, and they have provided nobody around him (Iguodala is the best one) to help him out.

Last edited by RhymesayersDU; 12-14-2006 at 04:35 PM..
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 04:36 PM   #188
GonzoLays
Five Tool Poster
 
GonzoLays's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 5,622

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#3 DJ
Default

Per Howard Eskin of some Philly radio station, the insider on the Philly Sixer board plus, and ESPN, ALLEN IVERSON WILL BE DEALT TO EITHER DENVER OR BOSTON.

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
GonzoLays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 04:38 PM   #189
GonzoLays
Five Tool Poster
 
GonzoLays's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 5,622

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#3 DJ
Default

It's coming down to the wire, fellas!

Boston

OR

Denver

One of us is going to be sooooore after this. I hope it aint me!!
GonzoLays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 04:44 PM   #190
GonzoLays
Five Tool Poster
 
GonzoLays's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 5,622

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#3 DJ
Default

Here is the deal, Boston has the best offer on the table, but Billy King wants Iverson out of the EC. Also, Denver is working with a third team to get the deal to go through.

He is waiting on Denver and weighing the options.

Last edited by GonzoLays; 12-14-2006 at 04:47 PM..
GonzoLays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 04:47 PM   #191
Jens1893
Ring of Famer
 
Jens1893's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Peopleīs Republic of Bad Cannstatt
Posts: 9,127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoLays View Post
Here is the deal, Boston has the best offer on the table, but Billy King wants Iverson out of the EC. Also, Denver is working with a third team to get the deal to through.

He is waiting on Denver and weighing the options.
The Nuggets canīt deal Nene until tomorrow, so you better hope something happens tonight.
Jens1893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 04:48 PM   #192
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox
 
RhymesayersDU's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Back In The 303!
Posts: 14,989

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson
Default

Wow. Interesting. Go Nugs.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 04:51 PM   #193
GonzoLays
Five Tool Poster
 
GonzoLays's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 5,622

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#3 DJ
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryllama View Post
They were terrible with Iverson. Iverson has a career .500 record. I cant think of another "superstar" player who has had a long career that is as mediocre as that.

Iverson is not a winner.
And Jason Terry was the biggest loser this league has ever seen when he played for Atlanta. Now, he is the starting PG for a team that has as good of a chance to win the title as any.

The NBA is a player's league. The more talent you have the floor, the 'better' everyone becomes. Including the coach.

Philly sucked with Iverson (5-10), and they hella suck without him (0-4). They have the most mismatched, least talented roster in the league. If Dirk played for the Sixers, they still would be a lottery team.
GonzoLays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 04:51 PM   #194
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 29,612

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Well King is a moron if he deals Iverson to his teams rival. Its not just the ramifications of playing Iverson a lot its what the fans will do. That will be the end for king. Only time will tell I guess.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 04:53 PM   #195
GonzoLays
Five Tool Poster
 
GonzoLays's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 5,622

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#3 DJ
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jens1893 View Post
The Nuggets canīt deal Nene until tomorrow, so you better hope something happens tonight.
You are right. I might not sleep tonight. Hey, that rhymes. Can't wait to see a Boston Celtic like Allen Iverson dishing dimes.

WHAT?

oooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

It's a sign. AI will be a Celtic.

Last edited by GonzoLays; 12-14-2006 at 04:57 PM..
GonzoLays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 04:56 PM   #196
GonzoLays
Five Tool Poster
 
GonzoLays's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 5,622

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#3 DJ
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApaOps5 View Post
Well King is a moron if he deals Iverson to his teams rival. Its not just the ramifications of playing Iverson a lot its what the fans will do. That will be the end for king. Only time will tell I guess.
No, King is a smart man if he takes the best deal (which is Boston). It is not as if Philly is going to be competing for any division crowns in the next three years. They are rebuilding. So who cares if he plays in the East? Taking the lesser deal to get him out of the EC is moronic.
GonzoLays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 04:57 PM   #197
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 29,612

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Here is another little gem from the great Clough conspiracy:

"EDIT: Sandy also made it sound like it was a board he doesn't frequent, that the nuggets were using the board like a guerrila campaign to cover bases, ie put the word out but not really be held accountable. No mention that the poster has come thru with good info in the past or that he had any history reading the board or poster."

Now teams use message boards for guerrila trade warfare!
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 05:04 PM   #198
GonzoLays
Five Tool Poster
 
GonzoLays's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 5,622

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#3 DJ
Default

Apparently, the sixer insider on the Philly board is saying that Iverson will be a Nugget. Trade will go down tomorrow.

The Guilty Party wrote:
By the way, something we haven't talked about is how much SixerFan's rep is going to change AFTER the Iverson trade is done.

The man is either going to be treated like a king who's every post will be read and quoted for years to come

OR

The man is going to become the laughing stock of the RealGM Forums who will have a hard time posting without someone clowning him about "that time he told everyone that Iverson was going to Denver"


Us guys from the Denver board have torches and pitchforks ready to go if we've been duped.
GonzoLays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 05:07 PM   #199
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox
 
RhymesayersDU's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Back In The 303!
Posts: 14,989

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoLays View Post
No, King is a smart man if he takes the best deal (which is Boston). It is not as if Philly is going to be competing for any division crowns in the next three years. They are rebuilding. So who cares if he plays in the East? Taking the lesser deal to get him out of the EC is moronic.
I agree... to a point. Speaking in basketball terms only, you take the best deal.

But, professional sports is a business, and it's not always just about the play on the floor. Last night they mentioned on SportsCenter that yesterday's 76ers game only had 11,000 people show up to it.

Now, what happens if, theoretically, AI and Pierce go on a tear, make a deep run into the playoffs, etc? You're going to have a lot of pissed off, disillusioned 76ers fans. I'm not saying that AI makes Boston a title contender, but just think what would happen if Boston instantly got good, won games, etc. You have a fan base that is already shook at the fact that AI is leaving, meanwhile they see him helping a rival team win. Meanwhile, the 76ers still suck and are rebuilding. At least if you ship him to another conference altogether it doesn't hurt as much.

Again, I agree, from a purely Basketball standpoint, 76ers need the best players/expiring contracts/draft picks it can get. But people are already not showing up to games with AI. Him going to the Celtics probably won't help that.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 05:16 PM   #200
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 29,612

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoLays View Post
Apparently, the sixer insider on the Philly board is saying that Iverson will be a Nugget. Trade will go down tomorrow.

The Guilty Party wrote:
By the way, something we haven't talked about is how much SixerFan's rep is going to change AFTER the Iverson trade is done.

The man is either going to be treated like a king who's every post will be read and quoted for years to come

OR

The man is going to become the laughing stock of the RealGM Forums who will have a hard time posting without someone clowning him about "that time he told everyone that Iverson was going to Denver"


Us guys from the Denver board have torches and pitchforks ready to go if we've been duped.
Actually if AI doesn't come here after all watching that Philly Board and the nuggets board go off on supposed rumors and leaks was definately worth the time invested.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:47 PM.


Denver Broncos