The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NBA & NCAA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2006, 10:53 PM   #226
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoLays View Post
If you don't land AI, you can blame Nene's dumb ass.

That might the dumbest signing I have ever seen. 6 years, 60 million for a guy who was coming off knee surgery, has never averaged more than 11 pts or 6 rebounds in a season, and there was no market for him.
And if you don't land him, you can blame geography.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 12:52 AM   #227
Jens1893
Ring of Famer

Can the Nuggets even trade both 07 #1s? As far as i know you cannot go 2 years without having a first rounder ... and didnīt the Nuggetsī 06 #1 end up in New York?
Jens1893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 01:56 AM   #228
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jens1893 View Post
Can the Nuggets even trade both 07 #1s? As far as i know you cannot go 2 years without having a first rounder ... and didnīt the Nuggetsī 06 #1 end up in New York?
if that doesnt work, they can deal a #1 this year and a #1 next year. Then it'd work
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 02:27 AM   #229
Nuggets4
Requisite Nugs Die-Hard

Buffaloes, Buffaloes, Go C-U!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Allen Iverson

You remember how I said that if we got AI cheap that I would go on a week long bender?

Let's just say I'm swinging by Liquor Mart soon if the rumors are true... I hate to be cryptic, but we're under specific orders here. Nugs fans, if the conference call tomorrow morning goes like they expect, we're going to be VERY happy.
Nuggets4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 02:36 AM   #230
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

Where is here?
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 02:39 AM   #231
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

And one question...does it involve midget?
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 02:42 AM   #232
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

1 or both 1sts gone?
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 02:42 AM   #233
Nuggets4
Requisite Nugs Die-Hard

Buffaloes, Buffaloes, Go C-U!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Allen Iverson

Here is a small Nugs board that I've been posting on since 96. WEird board, but it's hoppin' right now.

EDIT -- guys, I just CAN'T give away any details. I promise, if it doesn't go down, I'll eventually fill you in. Just know that I trust this guy and he seems VERY optimistic about the deal.
Nuggets4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 02:51 AM   #234
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

My guess is Joe Smith, Andre, 2 firsts
Old 12-15-2006, 11:08 AM   #235
ND Bronco Fan
Ring of Famer

What the heck........the Nuggets board I have visited over the last few just locked out anyone but existing members, sure I never registered and was just lurking but I was not posting junk either which some of their existing members seemed to be doing....I only post when I have something to add, Mock should try that but anyways back to my point-----why lock out people when you are getting more traffic to your site and thus increasing interest level in the team. Just pissed me off I guess.
ND Bronco Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 11:18 AM   #236
GSRelyea
NEWOUTDOORSMEN.COM

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Al Wilson

Denver trying to seal a deal for A.I.
Source: Nuggets "in driver's seat"
By Mark Kiszla and Marc J. Spears
Denver Post Staff Writers
Article Last Updated:12/15/2006 01:23:31 AM MST

Philadelphia 76ers guard Allen Iverson has a career scoring average of 28.1 points per game. (NBAE / Getty Images / Jesse D. Garrabrant)As the front-runner to acquire Allen Iverson from the Philadelphia 76ers, the Nuggets are pushing hard to complete a trade for the 31-year-old point guard as early as today.

According to league sources, the Nuggets are leading the race for Iverson by working aggressively to meet the demands of Philadelphia, which seeks the salary-cap flexibility provided by expiring contracts of veteran players and the draft picks required to rebuild its roster.

With two first-round picks in the 2007 draft, the Nuggets have positioned themselves in "the driver's seat" and are "leading the pack" against league rivals also looking to acquire Iverson, according to a source familiar with negotiations.

It's a complicated trade, however, that would involve at least five players, three teams and two draft choices, plus the approval of Nuggets owner Stan Kroenke and Sixers chairman Ed Snider.

From all indications, Philadelphia is more concerned with financial freedom than the raw ability of the players it receives in return for Iverson and his $17.1 million salary.

Key to completing the deal is Denver's ability to persuade a third team to get involved in the trade, with the Nuggets working on at least two fronts Thursday, holding discussions with Dallas and Portland.

For Philadelphia's purposes, the most desirable trade bait on Denver's roster is Joe Smith, not for his 5.6 scoring average, but because the veteran big man is earning $6.8 million in the final year of his contract.

With the exception of Smith and two draft picks, however, Denver's end of the deal remains fluid, and could include forward Eduardo Najera, according to an NBA source.

To satisfy the 76ers' desire for as many expiring contracts as possible, league sources said Denver has held trade talks with Dallas regarding forward Austin Croshere ($7.3 million salary) and Portland for Jamaal Magloire ($8.4 million), both role players in the final year of what would be considered bad contracts except in this situation.

Frustrated by earlier attempts to pry Magloire from Portland by offering Nene, the Nuggets have heard from other less-than-benevolent potential trade partners, including Chicago. The Bulls, however, had their sights set on center Marcus Camby, whom Denver has no interest in moving.

The hefty financial weight of Nene's new, long-term contract has diminished chances he will be included in the trade.

With the seventh-best record in the Western Conference this season and not so much as a single playoff series won since 1994, Denver is willing to take a chance on Iverson's history of off-court drama to obtain his 28.1 career scoring average and a fierce competitiveness that makes the skinny guard the most intimidating player on the court.

"He's unstoppable," Nuggets forward Carmelo Anthony said of Iverson, currently the top vote-getter among Eastern Conference guards in balloting for the NBA All-Star Game. "That pretty much explains what he can do on the court."

Although guard J.R. Smith's name has been floated in discussions, the Nuggets hope to retain him, sources indicated, because this deal will depend more on the fine print of contracts than talent.

Other reported suitors for Iverson include the Los Angeles Clippers, Minnesota, Boston and Miami. Although Philadelphia has indicated interest in getting a deal done quickly, if the Sixers decide to wait, the list of competitors against Denver could grow. That's why the Nuggets are in a hurry to end the competition.

Staff writer Mark Kiszla can be reached at 303-954-1053 or mkiszla@denverpost.com.
GSRelyea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 11:37 AM   #237
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND Bronco Fan View Post
What the heck........the Nuggets board I have visited over the last few just locked out anyone but existing members, sure I never registered and was just lurking but I was not posting junk either which some of their existing members seemed to be doing....I only post when I have something to add, Mock should try that but anyways back to my point-----why lock out people when you are getting more traffic to your site and thus increasing interest level in the team. Just pissed me off I guess.
Blame Sandy Clough
Old 12-15-2006, 11:46 AM   #238
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

2nd guy in that deal is Miller. Someone HAS to want him.
Old 12-15-2006, 12:04 PM   #239
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
Blame Sandy Clough
Blame whoever e-mailed Clough and alerted him to the posts. Sandy was doing his job when he found the stuff, but was a moron for saying where he got it and reading it almost verbatim.
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 12:44 PM   #240
Master___Pain
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rock Hoover

I'm dying here....this deal has to go down ASAP...whether it's the Nuggets or not, the suspense is killing me.
Master___Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 02:17 PM   #241
GonzoLays
Five Tool Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#3 DJ

MyFox Colorado is reporting that a deal for Iverson is close:

NBA league sources say that the Denver Nuggets are close to a deal that would bring All-star point guard Allen Iverson from the Philadelphia 76ers to the Mile High City.

The sources say the deal could be reached as early as Friday.

Iverson demanded a trade from Philadelphia, where he has played his entire career.

A source familiar with negotiations sas it would be a complicated trade involving at least three teams and at least five players. In addition, the Nuggets would likely have to give up both of their first round draft picks in the next draft.

Philadelphia 76ers management has said every team in the NBA contacted them about acquiring Iverson.

The point-guard is the leading vote-getter at his position in the Eastern Conference in All-star balloting.
GonzoLays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 03:06 PM   #242
GSRelyea
NEWOUTDOORSMEN.COM

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Al Wilson

The good news is that whether the trade goes down or not --- we still get to play the Celtics and Knicks this weekend!!!
GSRelyea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 03:53 PM   #243
rubaiyat
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
Blame Sandy Clough
I would blame whoever from that board that emailed they had an insider.

What a tool, needing to get some props, from a sports show at the expense of having access to a legit insider.
rubaiyat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 04:17 PM   #244
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubaiyat View Post
I would blame whoever from that board that emailed they had an insider.

What a tool, needing to get some props, from a sports show at the expense of having access to a legit insider.
Call me crazy, but I would probably blame the Insider that leaked stuff to a public messageboard in hopes that it would never make it to someone in the media.

But I'm a cynic.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 04:49 PM   #245
Master___Pain
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rock Hoover

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
Call me crazy, but I would probably blame the Insider that leaked stuff to a public messageboard in hopes that it would never make it to someone in the media.

But I'm a cynic.
Normally you'd be right, but the mbb in question appreciates the insider and also wants to protect him/her from losing their job. They don't want to risk losing the insider info because some dope had to be a glory hound and befriend Sandy ****ing Clough of all people. You have to understand that the mbb has a small tight knit community. It's not like the OM by any means.
Old 12-15-2006, 04:55 PM   #246
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Can this thing happen already? Jeeeeez.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 05:03 PM   #247
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master___Pain View Post
Normally you'd be right, but the mbb in question appreciates the insider and also wants to protect him/her from losing their job. They don't want to risk losing the insider info because some dope had to be a glory hound and befriend Sandy ****ing Clough of all people. You have to understand that the mbb has a small tight knit community. It's not like the OM by any means.
Yeah, but the unappealing quality that would motivate someone to send the email to Sandy Clough seems very similar to the unappealing quality that would motivate someone to leak the info to his buddies on a messageboard - he probably wants to be cool. It just seems that if one is culpable, the other should be culpable, too.

That being said, my username and password don't work now either. So screw whomever sent the email to Clough, is what I say. Drag him to the nearest tree and lynch the bastard.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 05:13 PM   #248
Master___Pain
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rock Hoover

Quote:
Yeah, but the unappealing quality that would motivate someone to send the email to Sandy Clough seems very similar to the unappealing quality that would motivate someone to leak the info to his buddies on a messageboard - he probably wants to be cool. It just seems that if one is culpable, the other should be culpable, too.

That being said, my username and password don't work now either. So screw whomever sent the email to Clough, is what I say. Drag him to the nearest tree and lynch the bastard.
Both good points Dom.
Old 12-15-2006, 05:45 PM   #249
GonzoLays
Five Tool Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#3 DJ

This thread took an interesting turn.
Old 12-15-2006, 05:48 PM   #250
GonzoLays
Five Tool Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#3 DJ

Quote:

You don't **** with another man's message board access. That's some deep ****.