|11-13-2006, 02:32 PM||#1|
Ring of Famer
Join Date: May 2001
Week 10: Ranking the Winners and Losers
(Borrowed from BCEDGE at NFL Forums)
Week 10: Ranking the Winners and Losers
Its the return of the wildly popular thread where we see the relative wins and losses stack up in terms of the impact on the teams. It is the only thread that Angel has been quoted as saying "she loves more than the idea of snuggling with Herman Edwards"....
1. San Diego - About midway through the second quarter I was trying to think of creative ways to discuss their impending loss to the Bengals. 1 huge rally later they make a statement road win. If they had any other coach I would make them the favorites in the AFC. It still amazes me anything other than LT is given as an answer as to who the best RB in the NFL is.
2. NY Jets - A solid win over the suddenly suspect Patriots. Won't win division most likely, but still in playoff race. Really makes clunker in Cleveland two weeks back hurt even more.
3. Seattle - Playing without two best offesnive players makes any win huge. On cruise control rest of year with division wrapped up and not likely to overtake Bears.
4. Philadelphia - Solid win that they hope will launch them through second half of season. Stops Redskins from getting close to .500 which might lead to return of TaylorThe Undertaker.
5. Denver - Better win than would appear on paper. Second straight road game after two emotional games against a bitter rival. Getting out alive is all that matters.
6. Baltimore - Rallies from huge deficit to pick up win by blocking last second field goal. Should breeze to division title and perhaps #2 seed in playoffs.
7. Indianapolis - Letdown after last two weeks was likely unavoidable. Gets win and we all must suffer through another week of "Can they go 16-0?"
8. Green Bay - Defeats bitter rival in nice effort. Since most picked them to win 4 games all season, they are exceeding expectations at this point.
9. Cleveland - Great road win in a game they controlled from start to finish. Tied in standings with Steelers and only game back of the Bengals.
10. Pittsburgh - Finally gets off schneid as they decide creating turnovers is more fun than giving them. Ben puts up huge numbers and Willie Parker runs wild. Showed some heart today.
11. Miami - Showing some life after miserable start. Nice home win against team playing well.
12. Dallas - A must win as they head into back half of their schedule. Nice bounce back from stunning defeat last week.
13. Houston - Sweep Jags with complete domination of Jaguars in Jacksonville. Baby steps.
14. San Francisco - In a game designed to drive up sales of the NFL Sunday Ticket wins utterly forgettable game. If anyone wonders why beer is served at NFL stadiums...they should be forced to watch this game. Who cares?
1. Cincinnati - Season goes into complete freefall after blowing huge lead against Chargers. I watched the entire game and am still not really sure how they manged to blow it so badly. A terrible loss. Only silver lining is it ruins Daniel's first Bengals game so that counts for something. For their own sake hope he and Leo were not playing "beer a touchdown".
2. Atlanta - What in the world is going on? They are actually regressing. Has at least ended non-stop chatter about the "new" Michael Vick. He is still the same...terrible.
3. New Orleans - This is a bad loss. Steelers were playing backups all through the secondary, Saints turn ball over 3 times and miss chip shot field goal. I discovered they have some speed in their secondary as they twice ran Willie Parker down from behind...after 70 plus yard runs.
4. New England - A really poor effort at home against a team they should handle. I have no idea where to rate them at this point.
5. Jacksonville - Abysmal performance as they get swept by the Texans. A total fraud.
6. Kansas City - A game a playoff contender should win. Never in game at all until making it close at end.
7. Minnesota - Totally outplayed at home as they begin their free fall through the second half of the season.
8. St. Louis - A game they could have and should have won. Just treading water at this point.
9. Washington - Puts end to any brief hope of going on a run. Dominated by Eagles.
10. Tennessee - No shame in losing but blow 19 point lead to QB they couldn't wait to get rid of.
11. Detroit - What a terrible peformance against a terrible team at home. Same movie every year with this team.
12. Buffalo - Pretty good performance on the road. No real shame in the effort.
13. Oakland - Good effort against the Broncos. Had real chance to win this game...but then apparently remembered thery were the Raiders. I don't know about Walter at this point, not sure if Raider fans are either.
14. Arizona - You know sometimes life gets me down. Then I remember I could be a Cardinals fan or even better a season ticket holder. Bidwell laughing all the way to bank with big shiny new stadium, sold out season tickets....and the biggest joke of a franchise in sports. What a yearly disgrace. Return of Fitzgerald really seemed to spark the team.
Last edited by Sassy; 11-13-2006 at 02:34 PM..