The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NBA & NCAA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2006, 06:52 PM   #1
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Default Same old story

Kenyon Martin out tonight with swelling in his knee.

The Nuggets build a double digit first quarter lead and then watch it fizzle after Earl Boykins enters the game. Put aside the fact that he can't guard anyone (not even Nate Robinson), but he basically brought the offense to a halt with his typical over dribbling and looking for his own shot first.

You would think the novelty of having this pygmy on the court would have worn off by now, but the coaching staff just seems to adore him and can't wait to give him more minutes than he'll ever deserve.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2006, 08:35 PM   #2
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

As for your first point, technically it's not the same old story. On my way home from doing some errands with my folks, I was checking on my phone for the Nuggs score. Apparently, the knee that is swollen for K-Mart is his right knee, not his left knee, which was the one that had the microfracture surgery.

Apparently, the worked-on left knee feels great for K-Mart. What's up with this right knee, who knows. It would actually be comical if it wasn't so sad and frustrating.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 08:39 PM   #3
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2654610

Quote:
Updated: Nov. 8, 2006, 9:41 PM ET
Martin has MRI on ailing right knee, out vs. Knicks
Associated Press

DENVER -- Kenyon Martin was sent for an MRI on his swollen right knee Wednesday night, forcing him to miss the Denver Nuggets' game against the New York Knicks.

At the team's shootaround earlier Wednesday, Martin talked about how good his surgically repaired left knee felt and how he was getting back to full strength for the first time since undergoing microfracture surgery more than a year ago. He never mentioned any pain in his right knee.

Martin averaged 9.5 points and 10 rebounds in Denver's first two games.

As for the Knicks, Steve Francis missed the game with a sprained ankle and coach Isiah Thomas declined to say how long he thought his point guard might be out.

Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
Old 11-08-2006, 08:44 PM   #4
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Wow. Just checked the ESPN scoreboard, since I don't have Altitude here in NM.

Did we seriously lose to the Knicks at home? I know we started off slow like this last year, but Jesus.
Old 11-08-2006, 08:45 PM   #5
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

And they found a way to lose at home to the Knicks. Somehow this isn't surprising, This team is stuck in the mud and are spinning their wheels.

I don't know what it's gonna take for this front office to realize that they're not going anywhere until they have a couple of players who can shoot (spare me the J.R. Smith talk, he hasn't done squat). They've done next to nothing about that for four years now, even after the players were publically talking about it after last season.

No need for that though, much better to tie up $5 million per season in Reggie Evans, who hasn't got off the bench this season. Just like it was much better to dump Jameer Nelson and Jarrett Jack because we just couldn't have any young up and comers taking minutes away from Boykins. Remember, the coaching staff just loves him!

The Nuggets have been figured out. Teams just sag back into a zone and dare them to shoot, which they can't. They double and triple team Carmelo with the knowledge that no one else is going to be able to beat them. Like I said, same old story. The sad thing is, I don't see them magically improving as the season goes along. They are what they are.

If they're gonna suck this year, at least suck bad enough to be in the Greg Oden sweepstakes. Hell, it's not as if we're that far removed from the days when the annual screwing we got in the lottery was the highlight of the season for we Nuggets fans.

Old 11-08-2006, 08:49 PM   #6
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
As for your first point, technically it's not the same old story.
Point taken, but technically it is the same story since it's Kenyon Martin sitting on the bench in street clothes.

Carmelo with 37 points, 8 assists and 6 rebounds, yet it's for naught because it came in a loss. That's a damn shame.
Old 11-08-2006, 09:09 PM   #7
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

The ****ing Knicks. I didn't see the game, as stated, but Christ. I know we started slow last year... gah.

The real impressive thing about that stat line is the boards and assists. Definitely over his averages in those categories, which is great to see. When he puts together those with the near-40 point effort, we should be untouchable. Pretty sad.
Old 11-08-2006, 11:27 PM   #8
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

The beat goes on.

Kenyon Martin needs surgery on his other knee

He'd actually been rebounding well and playing some great defense through the first two games. He says he won't miss the entire season, but with the way things have been going for this team, I'd bet that's how it ends up.

Looking like it's gonna be a long year.
Old 11-09-2006, 01:24 AM   #9
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

No need to panic just yet. At least we've a better record than the Mavs.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 06:32 AM   #10
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange View Post
The beat goes on.

Kenyon Martin needs surgery on his other knee

He'd actually been rebounding well and playing some great defense through the first two games. He says he won't miss the entire season, but with the way things have been going for this team, I'd bet that's how it ends up.

Looking like it's gonna be a long year.
Jesus. Like I said earlier, this would almost be comical if it weren't so frustrating. He finally gets healthy and his other knee needs surgery?
Old 11-09-2006, 06:59 AM   #11
Nuggets4
Requisite Nugs Die-Hard

Buffaloes, Buffaloes, Go C-U!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Allen Iverson

Rought start + THIS team's attitude + the fact that we're cursed = yet another losing season.
Nuggets4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 02:53 PM   #12
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

Is Isiah our GM or something?
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 02:55 PM   #13
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal View Post
Is Isiah our GM or something?
No, the Nuggets managed to lose to the team run by Isiah.
Old 11-09-2006, 03:23 PM   #14
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN

All dat force

Hahahaa...I noticed the little Kenyon blip on the ESPN bottomine. I thought, "Man, I bet those guys at the OM are pissed...HA!"
WABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 03:52 PM   #15
Nuggets4
Requisite Nugs Die-Hard

Buffaloes, Buffaloes, Go C-U!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Allen Iverson

I want to know what I did in a previous life to deserve being a Nuggets fan in this one. I mean honestly, did I abuse puppies and kittens and taunt orphans?
Nuggets4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 05:03 PM   #16
ABA6776
Rookie

Bronco Fan For Life!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I've been a fan from back in the old Spencer Haywood, Denver Rockets days. They did make it to the ABA Finals once, losing to Dr. J and the New York Nets in '76. I am still waiting for them to get to the NBA finals and though it's been tough some years, I still believe they're not that far away. If not for this season but hopefully soon after. DT was the greatest!
ABA6776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 05:22 PM   #17
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABA6776 View Post
I've been a fan from back in the old Spencer Haywood, Denver Rockets days. They did make it to the ABA Finals once, losing to Dr. J and the New York Nets in '76. I am still waiting for them to get to the NBA finals and though it's been tough some years, I still believe they're not that far away. If not for this season but hopefully soon after. DT was the greatest!
Dude your avatar is bad ass.
Old 11-10-2006, 04:38 PM   #18
ABA6776
Rookie

Bronco Fan For Life!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
Dude your avatar is bad ass.
Thanks. I like it even better now though
Old 11-10-2006, 10:52 PM   #19
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombay View Post
Yeah. Tonight it was Kyle Korver that ate Boykins up in the 4th quarter. In addition to which he dribbled away 16-20 seconds of the shot clock a half dozen times in the quarter, only to pass to someone with no prayer of a decent shot, drove to the hoop and turned it over a couple of times... I'm so sick of this guy, and he's flat killing the team. JR Smith looks ready. Let him have the 4th quarter minutes until he proves he can't handle it. Miller can control the ball. It just makes me sick evertime Boykins gets the ball in his hands late in the game, because you know no one else will touch it 'till there are 5 or less seconds on the clock.

On the bright side, great game by Carmelo tonight, big contributions from JR Smith, Camby, and Reggie Evans, and a very good road win against a Philly team that's been playing well.

Did I mention I'm sick of Boykins?
Boykins has been on my **** list all year. I used to give him a break because he brought energy to the team and all, but he is such a detriment to the team it just isn't funny.

That being said the Nuggs get off the schnide tonight! I think overall they are in better shap than people think (lost their first 3 games by a COMBINED 6points). But I would love to see them move dead weight like Najera and Boykins for a true shooter. Won't happen, though, because king Karl loves both of them.
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 10:59 PM   #20
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Hey, go first win!

I'm absolutely hating this whole not having Altitude thing here.

Anyways, nice to have a W. I'm not ready to panic on the season yet, because quite frankly, we could just as easily be 3-1 here. The first two games, we lost by a total of 4 points. I know at the end of the day a loss is a loss, but if a few balls bounce our way in those games, we have 2 wins. So it's not like we're getting blown out. We'll come together and start winning, I'm sure.

Question: Who started at PF? Is Nene ready to get significant minutes?
Old 11-11-2006, 12:14 AM   #21
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Jeez. Is he going to be OK?
Old 11-11-2006, 12:24 AM   #22
bombay
Ring of Famer

They said on the telecast that they were erring on the side of caution. I don't know anything beyond that. It was the surgical knee, though.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 12:58 AM   #23
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombay View Post
Yeah. Tonight it was Kyle Korver that ate Boykins up in the 4th quarter. In addition to which he dribbled away 16-20 seconds of the shot clock a half dozen times in the quarter, only to pass to someone with no prayer of a decent shot, drove to the hoop and turned it over a couple of times... I'm so sick of this guy, and he's flat killing the team. JR Smith looks ready. Let him have the 4th quarter minutes until he proves he can't handle it. Miller can control the ball. It just makes me sick evertime Boykins gets the ball in his hands late in the game, because you know no one else will touch it 'till there are 5 or less seconds on the clock.

On the bright side, great game by Carmelo tonight, big contributions from JR Smith, Camby, and Reggie Evans, and a very good road win against a Philly team that's been playing well.

Did I mention I'm sick of Boykins?
It's gonna take many years for me to forgive the Nuggets for trading away the draft rights to Jameer Nelson because they already had Earl Boykins. Nelson is now a solid starter in Orlando and Boykins just gets more and more selfish as time goes on. Why he's given any minutes late in ball games is a mystery. Hell, why he's still on this team is a mystery to me.
Old 11-11-2006, 06:23 AM   #24
bombay
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange View Post
It's gonna take many years for me to forgive the Nuggets for trading away the draft rights to Jameer Nelson because they already had Earl Boykins. Nelson is now a solid starter in Orlando and Boykins just gets more and more selfish as time goes on. Why he's given any minutes late in ball games is a mystery. Hell, why he's still on this team is a mystery to me.
Yeah. It was shortsighted at the time, and just continues to get worse (dealing Nelson).
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 09:04 AM   #25
ABA6776
Rookie

Bronco Fan For Life!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Wow! The Nuggets finally won, beating Philly last night on the road.