The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2007, 12:29 AM   #351
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

COL 3 PIT 2

Man, that was frustrating, we had so many oppurtunities...Theodore was really good. Sid completely raped in this game. We just had that really rough patch in the second period when the Avs went wild and Sabourin couldnt stop anything.

Congrats Bronx.
Old 11-02-2007, 12:35 AM   #352
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
COL 3 PIT 2

Man, that was frustrating, we had so many oppurtunities...Theodore was really good. Sid completely raped in this game. We just had that really rough patch in the second period when the Avs went wild and Sabourin couldnt stop anything.

Congrats Bronx.
I thought our D did a pretty good job moving the puck out and not letting pitt set up shop as for theo i cringed everytime sid or malkin cruised into the zone ( i don't trust theo) yet. Over all i really like the tempo my boys used to keep the puck deep most of the game.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 12:42 AM   #353
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Head2Head shift chart for the game...

Chart
Old 11-02-2007, 02:19 PM   #354
Pezman
Livin the dream

Andy did you hear about this one?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Stoked! It sure looks good seeing the Avs atop the division standings again. Of course, watching Minnesota melt down in the past few games is pretty fun to watch as well.
Old 11-03-2007, 10:33 PM   #355
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

NYI 3 PIT 2

I'm getting really ****ing tired of this team blowing 2-0 leads on the road.

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 11-03-2007 at 10:54 PM..
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 11:33 PM   #356
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

PIT 5 NJ 0

Superb effort tonight at New Jersey by the Penguins. Sabourin with the shutout and our defense and puck possession were great. Crosby with 2 goals, Sykora with a goal and assist and Malkin with an assist also. Pens back over .500. Looking forward to Wednesday's game against the Flyers.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:52 AM   #357
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

socal...

i know fluery's young - and he's won games - but at times i just don't feel he's the guy...and maybe he just needs some time - but i have some serious ?'s about him....
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 01:01 AM   #358
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by claviculasolomonis View Post
socal...

i know fluery's young - and he's won games - but at times i just don't feel he's the guy...and maybe he just needs some time - but i have some serious ?'s about him....
I think he should have got the start tonight. He played well vs. the NYI, he let out a bad rebound that was the game winner for them, but as a whole, he had a really good game, I didnt like Therrien benching him for one bad goal on 30 some shots. You can't let Fleury get into a funk. You've got to treat him with kid gloves, because he is very emotionally unstable when he plays bad, you have to keep giving him chances...he's a very streaky goalie, but he is so damn talented, he can move from post to post like I've never seen and routinely makes spectacular saves. It's just the damn rebounds that kills him, his rebound control is usually really terrible, and he can't play the puck behind the net. I like Flower, I think he's probably one of the 2 or 3 most talented goalies in the entire league, just give him a chance. He doesn't take well to being benched, he gets in a huge depression. He needs to play. He hasnt been that bad except for a few games this year. Sabourin played well tonight, but the Flower needs to play. I still support him. He's a beast. He started out slow last year, too.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:37 AM   #359
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
I think he should have got the start tonight. He played well vs. the NYI, he let out a bad rebound that was the game winner for them, but as a whole, he had a really good game, I didnt like Therrien benching him for one bad goal on 30 some shots. You can't let Fleury get into a funk. You've got to treat him with kid gloves, because he is very emotionally unstable when he plays bad, you have to keep giving him chances...he's a very streaky goalie, but he is so damn talented, he can move from post to post like I've never seen and routinely makes spectacular saves. It's just the damn rebounds that kills him, his rebound control is usually really terrible, and he can't play the puck behind the net. I like Flower, I think he's probably one of the 2 or 3 most talented goalies in the entire league, just give him a chance. He doesn't take well to being benched, he gets in a huge depression. He needs to play. He hasnt been that bad except for a few games this year. Sabourin played well tonight, but the Flower needs to play. I still support him. He's a beast. He started out slow last year, too.
oh i'm not disagreeing w/you at all on those points- but can he get over the slumps to win a cup....
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 08:53 PM   #360
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

2 early goals but they are fightin back vs the flyers
Old 11-07-2007, 10:57 PM   #361
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

PHI 3 PIT 1

Ugh. Biron totally raped. We had alot of chances too, a ****load of PPs, didnt do anything with them.

Back to .500. Something needs to change fast. .500 is unacceptable for this team.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:44 AM   #362
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

The streak is over, things have been returned to normal in the hockey world, the flyers once again are victorious over the penguins.
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 11:29 PM   #363
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

NYR 4 PIT 2

I don't even want to comment.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:35 PM   #364
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

SCC don't happen overnight socal patience grasshopper this team is probably atleast 2 years off and some of the pieces don't fit right now. But the heart of the team is there hopefully the GM can fill in the soft spots.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:01 PM   #365
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Shero says he won't fire Therrien or break up Penguins' core
Saturday, November 10, 2007
By Dave Molinari, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

PHILADELPHIA -- The Penguins have sputtered through the first 16 games of this season, and it remains to be seen what, if anything, general manager Ray Shero is going to do about it.

Shero has made it quite clear what he won't do.
SCOUTING REPORT

* Matchup: Penguins at Philadelphia Flyers, 7:08 p.m. today, Wachovia Center.
* TV, radio: FSN Pittsburgh; WXDX-FM (105.9).
* Probable goaltenders: Marc-Andre Fleury for Penguins. Martin Biron for Flyers.
* Penguins: Have gone 6-3-2 in past 11 visits to Philadelphia. ... Are 4-0-1 when Petr Sykora scores goal. ... Power play is 1 for 13 in past two games.
* Flyers: Defeated Penguins, 3-1, Wednesday at Mellon Arena. ... Own 125 victories against Penguins, most of any NHL club. ... Have allowed just one goal in 17 short-handed situations on home ice.
* Hidden stat: Flyers have alternated losses and victories for past eight games.

He won't fire coach Michel Therrien.

He won't replace Marc-Andre Fleury as the team's No. 1 goalie.

He won't tear apart the nucleus of his club or abandon his blueprint for developing it into a perennial contender.

Simply put, Shero won't panic and make knee-jerk decisions simply because the Penguins, 7-8-1 going into their game against Philadelphia tonight at the Wachovia Center, have not performed the way many people believed they would.

"You have to have some patience if you have some sort of plan," Shero said.

His plan has been in place since he was hired to replace Craig Patrick in May 2006; the overblown expectations for his team have not. Those are a byproduct of the Penguins' 47-point improvement, one of the largest in league history, in 2006-07.

At this time a year ago, having a .500 team would have been viewed as a dramatic step forward. Now, some see even flirting with the break-even mark as a disaster, not merely a disappointment.

"Last year was more than anybody expected," Shero said. "The second year [of the plan] is where you really wanted to make some strides and try to be a playoff team. Certainly, we're ahead of that [timetable].

"We still want to be a playoff team and, with the guys we have here, I believe we're a competitive team. We're not clicking on all cylinders, but we believe in the personnel we have."

That does not mean he has ruled out making any moves. The Penguins have a number of needs -- more speed, another goal-scorer or two and a reliable defenseman with a physical edge to his game -- and Shero won't balk at negotiating a trade if it addresses one of them without breaking his budget.

"If there's an opportunity [to make a trade] that fits, short and long term for us, we'll try to do that if it makes sense," he said.

One move that does not make sense to him is removing Fleury from a prominent place in the Penguins' future. He has performed to his potential in only a few games this season, but won't turn 23 until Nov. 28, and Shero is convinced he will continue to develop and progress.

"I believe in him as a goalie and as a kid," Shero said. "I think he has talent. He's young.

"We believe he'll find it. Like any young player, whether you're a goaltender or not, it's about consistency, and that's what he's trying to find in his game. I still believe he'll have a good year for us."

Fleury might be the primary lightning rod for public displeasure with the Penguins' performance this season; if not, it is Therrien, whose habit of changing his line combinations is a popular target of criticism.

Shero, though, said he will "absolutely not" consider a change on his coaching staff, and that promising young players are not going to be jettisoned simply because they are off to slow starts.

"Going back to the summer, one of the things we were thinking, cautiously, about [was the possibility of] some of the younger guys taking a little step back, whether it's Jordan [Staal] or [Erik] Christensen or [Colby Armstrong]," he said.

"We believe in those players. We believe they're still going to be good. So I don't think it's a cause for concern."

Shero believes that such adversity will help the Penguins become a championship-caliber club.

"This league is very tough," he said.

"Our conference is vastly improved, especially our division, so we know it's going to be a battle. It's going to make our younger players better. This whole experience is going to make them better."
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07314/832846-61.stm

Christ guys, pull it together so my Fantasy Hockey team (roughly 40% Penguin Players) can start winning, I tumbled from 2nd to 5th in one week! **** me.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 01:53 PM   #366
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

The PK needs work..
Old 11-11-2007, 02:42 PM   #367
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:
PHI 3 PIT 1

Ugh. Biron totally raped. We had alot of chances too, a ****load of PPs, didnt do anything with them.

Back to .500. Something needs to change fast. .500 is unacceptable for this team.

SoCal. From what I have seen from the Pens this season, especially last night, the Pens are a 1 line team. After Crybaby and Malkin, that team is way below average. Fleury is a below average goalie. Last season may have been a fluke bro.
phillybroncosnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 12:53 AM   #368
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

NJ 3 PIT 2

Another ****ing loss. We are now last in the Atlantic and 3 games under .500. This is ****ing unacceptable. Sabourin played ok but gave up the game winner late. This is just a joke right now. Sid with 2 points, malkin with a goal. They are the only ones doing anything. No one else is contributing squat. If Staal wasnt so important to our PK, i'd say he should be sent down to the minors to be humbled to get his ****ing ass in gear. They put Malkin on his line tonight to get him going and he flubbed more chances that Malkin created for him. The refs completely raped us on the penalties too. We got like 2 or 3 PP and NJ got a ****load.

I'm getting tired of this ****. We shouldnt be last. Something needs to be done.

Now.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:04 AM   #369
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
NJ 3 PIT 2

Another ****ing loss. We are now last in the Atlantic and 3 games under .500. This is ****ing unacceptable. Sabourin played ok but gave up the game winner late. This is just a joke right now. Sid with 2 points, malkin with a goal. They are the only ones doing anything. No one else is contributing squat. If Staal wasnt so important to our PK, i'd say he should be sent down to the minors to be humbled to get his ****ing ass in gear. They put Malkin on his line tonight to get him going and he flubbed more chances that Malkin created for him. The refs completely raped us on the penalties too. We got like 2 or 3 PP and NJ got a ****load.

I'm getting tired of this ****. We shouldnt be last. Something needs to be done.

Now.
going to take A LOT to get Cammy my friend. Prepare to bend over for Dean.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:14 AM   #370
Al Wilson
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:

Now.
Replace your defensemen because other than Whitney, they suck.
Al Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 02:19 AM   #371
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Wilson View Post
Replace your defensemen because other than Whitney, they suck.
They coulda had Jack Johnson...but thankfully Shero ****ed that deal up.
Old 11-13-2007, 04:55 PM   #372
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

no comment

Old 11-14-2007, 01:26 AM   #373
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Penguins unveil arena design

Slideshow
The Penguins unveiled the master plan this afternoon for an 18,500-seat replacement for Mellon Arena.

The design, by HOK Sport of Kansas City, will feature a glass atrium rising as high as 80 feet on the west side of the building, facing Downtown. The $290 million project also will include an attached 500-space garage; a surface lot with 150 spaces; and retail space along Fifth Avenue, Uptown.

The former location of St. Francis Medical Center will be a site for future development, possibly a hotel, the team said.

Penguins CEO Ken Sawyer said the team has submitted the project to the city Planning Commission for consideration, calling it "another milestone" in the effort to replace Mellon Arena. He hopes to have the project approved by January.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:30 AM   #374
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Kris Letang got brought up from WBS.

Sid has tied Henrik Zetterberg for the league points lead with 27.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:09 AM   #375
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

ken hitchcock brought this up

sid is a friggin cry baby