The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2007, 01:18 AM   #1301
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange View Post
The problem was that you couldn't actually see the puck across the goal line. Even if they believe that it was, they have to see it to rule it a goal.

It's like the legal system, it's not what you know, it's what you can prove.

Congrats to the Canchokes for living down to expectations and blowing a 2-0 3rd period lead and any chance of winning the series tonight.
How the hell could they not see that? They need to get rid of the rabbit ears in Toronto and get HD or something. I don't even have HD and I could see it on the replay!
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 01:42 AM   #1302
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Bye bye Cansucks! Couldn't even do much with Luongo.
Old 05-04-2007, 07:24 PM   #1303
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

How appropriate that Vancouver's season ends because Luongo took his eye off the puck to complain to the referee.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 10:42 PM   #1304
Kid A
Ring of Famer

I don't need love. I just need wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

wow. drury doing his thing with 7 seconds left. crazy.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 07:29 PM   #1305
Jori
US Olympian

Well, I underestimated Detroit and overestimated San Jose. Who knew the Sharks PP would go into such a funk in the playoffs and after what happened to them against Edmonton last year, you would think a killer instinct would sink in. The Sharks are done imo. I can see them forcing a game 7, but San Jose blew their chance in game 4.
Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 10:40 PM   #1306
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Damn...Ottawa is really on a mission this year. They have lit Marty up this period, now up 3-1 in Game 5...looks like they will probably close it out tonight in NJ.

Makes me feel a little better about losing to them in 5 if they can do that to the Devils too.

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 05-06-2007 at 02:53 AM..
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 01:12 AM   #1307
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

I don't care for the Sens, but I have been rooting for them in hopes of seeing a Sens-Sabres ECF. That is gonna be awesome, providing the Sabres get it done.

Boy, Marty kinda stunk it up this postseason.
Old 05-06-2007, 05:58 PM   #1308
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Rags played at a really intense level in the last 10 mins, but came up just a bit short. That was pretty exciting to watch though in that third period.
Old 05-06-2007, 06:09 PM   #1309
Jori
US Olympian

That was a great series. Rangers fans have nothing to be ashamed of. Boy Ottawa/Buffalo is going to be fantastic. I'd be shocked if that series is less then seven games.
Old 05-07-2007, 12:57 PM   #1310
Smiling Assassin27
Helmet Tester

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hemanuel Sandrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori View Post
Well, I underestimated Detroit and overestimated San Jose. Who knew the Sharks PP would go into such a funk in the playoffs and after what happened to them against Edmonton last year, you would think a killer instinct would sink in. The Sharks are done imo. I can see them forcing a game 7, but San Jose blew their chance in game 4.
without schneider, detroit's in trouble, imo. we've already got quincey, a rook, back there and it's gonna mean more ice time for chelios, lidstrom, et al. i don't think the sharks are done at all. this group of wings have too many guys like franzen, samuelsson, flippula who have never won a playoff series before. if i'm babcork, i sit calder and go with 7 defensemen tonight since lebda prolly isn't 100%. try to win a 1-0 game by throwing traps, double teams, etc at them all game long and let guys like draper, cleary, zetterberg catch the sharks napping. hasek's gotta be a wall.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 02:07 PM   #1311
Al Wilson
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
without schneider, detroit's in trouble, imo.
One the most underrated defenseman in the NHL. All the attention goes to Lidstrom, but Schneider is also a great player.
Al Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 06:35 PM   #1312
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori View Post
That was a great series. Rangers fans have nothing to be ashamed of. Boy Ottawa/Buffalo is going to be fantastic. I'd be shocked if that series is less then seven games.
My thoughts exactly. I can't wait for this series to start.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:50 PM   #1313
Jori
US Olympian

Detroit's up 2-0, looks like Ducks/Wings in the Western Conference Finals.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:51 PM   #1314
Jori
US Olympian

Quote:
without schneider, detroit's in trouble, imo. we've already got quincey, a rook, back there and it's gonna mean more ice time for chelios, lidstrom, et al. i don't think the sharks are done at all. this group of wings have too many guys like franzen, samuelsson, flippula who have never won a playoff series before. if i'm babcork, i sit calder and go with 7 defensemen tonight since lebda prolly isn't 100%. try to win a 1-0 game by throwing traps, double teams, etc at them all game long and let guys like draper, cleary, zetterberg catch the sharks napping. hasek's gotta be a wall.
Their depth issues on D may hurt them against the Ducks, but it hasn't hurt them tonight. Yet, if the Ducks are watching, they'll want Hasek to handle the puck. Lidstrom saved his bacon.
Old 05-08-2007, 12:43 AM   #1315
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

The Sharks have too many big names to keep choking this much.

I guess I'll have to root for the Ducks now. Ick. Brad May possibly winning a Stanley Cup....that just puts a bad taste in your mouth.

Still pulling for the Sabres to win the whole thing though.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:11 AM   #1316
Jori
US Olympian

Conference Finals schedule:

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?articleid...e&service=page

Sharks were the youngest team in the NHL. Despite Detroit's lack of blueline depth, the Sharks lack of killer instinct clearly showed. What surprised me was Marleau's disappearing act. This is the captain and he was a total no show in these playoffs. San Jose has some interesting decisions to make. Hannan is a UFA and will be highly sought after, but both Marleau and Thornton are UFAs after 07-08. Wouldn't shock me to see San Jose keep Hannan and try to move Marleau in the offseason.

I think a team like the Ducks is better equipped to expose Detroit's blueline, but you have to give Lidstrom and Hasek a lot of credit. I don't think Anaheim has played their best hockey yet. Still, if Hasek continues to play well and Detroit can continue to keep the shots against down, it wouldn't surprise me to see them advance. I have to admit, a Buffalo/Detroit SCF would be intriguing....Hasek versus Buffalo?

I'd expect Anaheim/Detroit will be a low scoring series and Ottawa/Buffalo to be higher scoring and imo the more exciting of the two series.

Last edited by Jori; 05-08-2007 at 01:17 AM..
Old 05-08-2007, 05:12 AM   #1317
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtbrncofn View Post
The Sharks have too many big names to keep choking this much.

I guess I'll have to root for the Ducks now. Ick. Brad May possibly winning a Stanley Cup....that just puts a bad taste in your mouth.

Still pulling for the Sabres to win the whole thing though.
I don't want to see brian burke's fat head win a Stanley cup either. Cripes...if Buffalo doesn't come out of the East I won't be able to pull for any of the remaining teams. If that is the case we'll just have to hope for Bettman to work some of his magic, and get the Finals canceled.
Pendejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 10:56 AM   #1318
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

good lord....f'n wings.

ducks..........ugh

go eastern confernece!
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 11:49 AM   #1319
Smiling Assassin27
Helmet Tester

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hemanuel Sandrs

the ducks should be able to pound the wings right out of the building, imo. the ducks are a better version of the sharks but with two of the 3 best defensemen in the west in pronger and niedermayer. the ducks have the advantage at the blue line and forwards are a push. goaltending is slight edge to wings but it won't be enough. the keys for the wings, if htey are to have a chance are lang and bertuzzi. if they disappear, the wings disappear, imo. ducks in 5. still, hell of a job closing it out last night.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:38 PM   #1320
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
good lord....f'n wings.

ducks..........ugh

go eastern confernece!
Yep. That's what I'm talkin' about.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:39 PM   #1321
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
the ducks should be able to pound the wings right out of the building, imo. the ducks are a better version of the sharks but with two of the 3 best defensemen in the west in pronger and niedermayer. the ducks have the advantage at the blue line and forwards are a push. goaltending is slight edge to wings but it won't be enough. the keys for the wings, if htey are to have a chance are lang and bertuzzi. if they disappear, the wings disappear, imo. ducks in 5. still, hell of a job closing it out last night.
I love reading your always rosy outlooks on your team.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:44 PM   #1322
Smiling Assassin27
Helmet Tester

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hemanuel Sandrs

it's called reverse psychology or Lou Holtz Disease.

observe: the wings will never be able to beat the ducks and will be lucky to score a goal in the series. and even if they do get by the ducks, the eastern conference team can send their IHL affiliate and beat us.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:15 AM   #1323
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
it's called reverse psychology or Lou Holtz Disease.

observe: the wings will never be able to beat the ducks and will be lucky to score a goal in the series. and even if they do get by the ducks, the eastern conference team can send their IHL affiliate and beat us.
I ll take it as truthful gospel. Praise the Smiling Assassin! Both teams split regular season with home team winning all. Last game was a tDetroit and Ducks lost 1 to 0.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 11:28 AM   #1324
Smiling Assassin27
Helmet Tester

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hemanuel Sandrs

as i recall, at least one of those games was when the ducks were without pronger, no? good luck.
Old 05-12-2007, 07:22 PM   #1325
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Francois was the 6th guy for Detroit yesterday. Amazing how well Ducks PK was for the season and playoffs and have 2 goals on them in one game. On to Sunday.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote