The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2007, 11:40 PM   #951
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtbrncofn View Post
Haha. I saw that clip last night. He dropped! I guess it's the second time this year he's been dropped in a fight like that? Sheesh, big goon there.

He should of hung em up after Boogaard jacked him up the guy has lost more than one step in his game he better make that tough decision or hes going to end up eating out of a straw the rest of his life.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 11:53 PM   #952
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Crap! the flames win in OT
Old 03-23-2007, 08:25 PM   #953
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Geez! Frickin Lames.
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 12:07 AM   #954
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Daaammnit. The lowly Oil pull one out in the SO.
Old 03-24-2007, 12:10 AM   #955
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
At least you got a point.

Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 12:20 AM   #956
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

That's the only bright spot.
Old 03-24-2007, 01:59 PM   #957
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:

Roloson/reasoner and i don't think we really put a hard SO shot on rolo.
Old 03-24-2007, 02:34 PM   #958
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default Chelios & Friends have reason to smile

http://www.canada.com/montrealgazett...4-31f81c8701d6

Wherever he is, Chris Chelios must be smiling in the wake of Mike Gartner's resignation from the NHL Players' Association.

Chelios, as you know, has been the leader of the small pack of rebels questioning the hiring of Ted Saskin as executive director of the group. It's been a losing battle for a long time, but now that Saskin's role in "monitoring players' emails" is being investigated, Chelios & Friends are lookin' good.

Gartner's resignation and the reasons for it makes Chelios & Friends look even better.
Email to a friendEmail to a friendPrinter friendlyPrinter friendly
Font:

Gartner wrote in a prepared statement:

"For the past 25 years, I have served the National Hockey League Players' Association in various capacities and since 1999 as an employee of the association.

"I am proud of all that the NHLPA has collectively achieved for the players' rights during these years, the goodwill and positive impact that has been made through numerous charitable initiatives, the NHLPA's ongoing support of retired players, and for the positive changes in the game that have been made in the most recent years. I am also grateful to have had the opportunity to work alongside many wonderful people at the NHLPA office.

"This decision was made with careful thought and consideration and has been contemplated over an extended period of time. I leave with great reservation due to my longstanding involvement with the players' association and in light of the current circumstances affecting the union.

"I am sincerely troubled by the recent revelations and am hopeful that the association can move forward and be restored to a level of respect worthy of its members.

"These are difficult times for the association and I feel at this point I can best serve the future of a changing union by stepping aside. I will continue to fully support all efforts to restore the integrity of the NHLPA."
Old 03-24-2007, 08:55 PM   #959
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Watching hockey night in canada and they report that babcock had a meeting with the team to tell hasuck to quit diving...
Old 03-24-2007, 09:07 PM   #960
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Old 03-24-2007, 09:31 PM   #961
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

ahklasrgh[h[wegaghioaghahgsdskldghgaehasdghgdhl. ****ing Thornton you b****.

2 points in the ****ing third period, just scored a few seconds into the PP in the last 2 mins. God forbid they hold him down for 1 measly game. **** him.

I swear if Sid loses the title, Recchi and Malone should personally shot, not jsut cut, just ****ing shoot them. They havent been able to bury anything, perfect chances and they cant do ****. Just ****ing shoot both of them, this is such a ****ing fraud, both of them need to just stop wasting our air, get them the **** off that team. I am going to be unbelievably bitter if they continue to lose it for Sid.

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 03-24-2007 at 09:47 PM..
Old 03-24-2007, 10:17 PM   #962
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

The University of Michigan was eliminated from the NCAA tournament, so the Avalanche should now be concentrating their efforts on getting TJ Hensick's signature on a contract.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 11:50 PM   #963
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

I went to tonight's North Dakota/Michigan game and one Avalanche prospect shined and one was awful.

T. J. Hensick had the puck on his stick all night except for the 10 minutes he was in the box for a 10 minute unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. I'm not sure what he did, but I think he was mouthing off to the officials. One things for sure about Hensick, he has some fire in his belly. He was talking trash to the Sioux goalie Phillipe Lamoureux all night and slashed the stick of another North Dakota player well after the whistle when the game was out of hand. Hensick has very good speed and carries the puck well. He shoots a lot, there's no doubt about that. Think Valeri Kamensky or Radim Vrbata in that regard. I'd love to see him in an Avalanche uniform for the last few games.

Billy Sauer, on the other hand, was awful. He had one of the worst 40 minutes I've ever seen a goalie play. He gave up 7 goals in the first two periods and many of them were easy shots with no screen. I don't think he'll ever see the NHL if that's even close to what kind of goalie he is. The funny thing is Philippe Lamoureux was even worse in the game's first 25 minutes. He made a terrible, terrible gaffe handling the puck that led to Michigan's 5th goal. Even Patrick Roy would have winced after seeing that play.

All in all it was a fun night at the Pepsi Center. The first two periods were as wild as it gets on the ice. The game was fast paced with up and down action, and Michigan was laying some big time hits. I think the Wolverines got the bad end of the officiating tonight.

Minnesota vs. North Dakota should be fun tomorrow.
Breck Bronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 12:11 AM   #964
Jori
US Olympian

I attended both games. Great atmosphere today. Too bad Air Force couldn't hold on. They competed with the Gophers and seemed to run out of gas in the middle of the third. Minnesota's talent took over and nice to see Stoa and Carman factor in the game.

Sauer was terrible tonight and the defene in front of him was just as bad. I gotta know what Hensick said to get the 10-minute misconduct, not the best way to end ones college career.
Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 12:14 AM   #965
Jori
US Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange View Post
The University of Michigan was eliminated from the NCAA tournament, so the Avalanche should now be concentrating their efforts on getting TJ Hensick's signature on a contract.
Speaking of contracts...it looks as if Ryan Dingle will forgo his senior season and go pro. The local Steamboat Springs paper repoted he signed with the Ducks, but that appears to have been a premature report. Dingle has received offers from NHL teams. I hope Ryan stays at Denver, but if he intends on going pro and if the Avs aren't one of the teams offering him a contract, I'll be disappointed.

Last edited by Jori; 03-25-2007 at 12:17 AM..
Old 03-25-2007, 12:18 AM   #966
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori View Post
Speaking of contracts...it looks as if Ryan Dingle will forgo his senior season and go pro. The local Steamboat Springs paper repoted he signed with the Ducks, but that appears to have been a premature report. Dingle has received offers from NHL teams. I hope Ryan stays at Denver, but if he intendes on going pro and if the Avs aren't one of the teams offering him a contract, I'll be disappointed.
Prepare to be disappointed. You know as well as I do that the Avalanche tend to overlook the local UDFA's. I still remember being a bit dashed when they didn't bother to even attempt to sign Gabe Gauthier or Peter Sejna. I doubt this will be any different.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 12:42 AM   #967
Jori
US Olympian

They Avs did offer a contract to Gauthier, the Kings deal was better, plus it was with a team close to his family's home.

Going back to Hensick, I think the deal gets done quickly.

Last edited by Jori; 03-25-2007 at 12:46 AM..
Old 03-25-2007, 03:48 PM   #968
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Sid with 2 goals and an assist today to somewhat stabilize the situation...its still dicey though. Up 7 with 6 to play.

Old 03-25-2007, 05:09 PM   #969
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

i just heard a rumor that Hensick has been signed i hope it shakes down as being true since the source knows UM hockey very well
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 05:29 PM   #970
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Calgary picks up a rare 2 points on the road today at Chicago, you guys really need to win tonight.

Old 03-25-2007, 06:10 PM   #971
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

****in Flamers!
Old 03-25-2007, 06:28 PM   #972
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Quote:
****in Flamers!
Yeah...those pricks picked a hell of a time to go on a streak of their own.
Pendejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 07:09 PM   #973
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Exclusive: Johnson jumps to NHL
Sophomore will play for L.A. Kings Tuesday
By Amber Colvin, Daily Sports Editor
3/23/07

PrintEmail Article Tools Page 1 of 1 DENVER, March 25 - Michigan star defenseman Jack Johnson is negotiating a contract with the Los Angeles Kings today, ending speculation of whether the sophomore would forgo his two remaining years of eligibility.

Johnson confirmed his departure in an exclusive interview with The Michigan Daily this afternoon.

"I thought I was ready for a new challenge," Johnson said. "With all my close friends, the seniors, gone now and everything, I thought it was time for me to pretty much go for a new challenge."

Following Michigan's 8-5 loss to North Dakota Saturday night in the NCAA West Regional semifinals in Denver, the team flew back to Ann Arbor, but Johnson and his family stayed behind. Johnson's agent, Pat Brisson, and Kings general manager Dean Lombardi worked out the details of the contract.

"I'll be flying from Denver to Los Angeles," Johnson said. "Everything's done except for they're negotiating bonuses."

Johnson said he will be in the Kings' lineup Tuesday night when they play on the road against the San Jose Sharks. Los Angeles, which is out of contention for a playoff berth, has six games remaining in its schedule.

According to his father, Johnson will return to Ann Arbor following the Kings' season and is enrolled in spring term classes at Michigan.

"He's only going to be gone for three weeks," Jack Johnson, Sr. said. "He's coming back. He's going to get a degree from Michigan. That's the No. 1 thing - he promised (Michigan coach Red Berenson) he will graduate."

The Ann Arbor native came to Michigan already drafted third overall in the 2005 NHL Entry Draft by the Carolina Hurricanes. Some analysts believed Johnson should have signed with Carolina then, but the defenseman was firm in his decision to play for the Wolverines.

The Hurricanes offered multiple contracts to Johnson throughout his first year. On Oct. 1 2006, after Johnson had rejected another offer, Carolina traded his rights and defenseman Oleg Tverdovsky to Los Angeles for forward Eric Belanger and defenseman Tim Gleason.

Johnson's continued dedication to Michigan resulted in more criticism from hockey analysts.

"They don't understand why a kid would turn down the NHL," his father said. "They think everybody would cut off their right arm to play in the NHL. Yeah, Jack wants to, but he had this dream first."

Johnson's father also said that Berenson supported the 20-year-old's decision. The 23-year Michigan coach had often told Johnson that when he was ready to leave, Berenson would drive him to the airport.

Johnson notified Berenson of his decision a week ago.

"I have no regrets about coming here, being a Wolverine," Johnson said. "I'm still proud as hell to be one."

- Ian Robinson and Nate Sandals contributed to this report.

http://media.www.michigandaily.com/m...-2790116.shtml

Old 03-25-2007, 07:21 PM   #974
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
ahklasrgh[h[wegaghioaghahgsdskldghgaehasdghgdhl. ****ing Thornton you b****.

2 points in the ****ing third period, just scored a few seconds into the PP in the last 2 mins. God forbid they hold him down for 1 measly game. **** him.

I swear if Sid loses the title, Recchi and Malone should personally shot, not jsut cut, just ****ing shoot them. They havent been able to bury anything, perfect chances and they cant do ****. Just ****ing shoot both of them, this is such a ****ing fraud, both of them need to just stop wasting our air, get them the **** off that team. I am going to be unbelievably bitter if they continue to lose it for Sid.
I'm sorry to laugh at your obvious pain, SoCal....but this is just a classic!
Old 03-25-2007, 07:28 PM   #975
Jori
US Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
i just heard a rumor that Hensick has been signed i hope it shakes down as being true since the source knows UM hockey very well
I've heard a similar rumor. I'm wondering if Hensick stayed in Denver. The Wolverines flew back to Ann Arbor this morning. Jack Johnson stayed behind and signed with the Kings today. I read in the Denver Post today that Hensick could sign this week. I just hope this gets done soon, don't want to see it getting dragged out.