The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2007, 12:33 AM   #901
Tredici
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Thought this should be moved up to the main board since we are rapidly approaching playoff time (and in the thick of the playoff races) and since we are in offseason mode anyway.
I know you mean well. But I can always find this thread with no effort by going to the NHL Forum. Now I'll be going to Page 2. Page 3. It will be a pain in the buttinski.

I could be wrong.

Or maybe not.
Tredici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 12:38 AM   #902
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tredici View Post
I know you mean well. But I can always find this thread with no effort by going to the NHL Forum. Now I'll be going to Page 2. Page 3. It will be a pain in the buttinski.

I could be wrong.

Or maybe not.
I'll make it my mission to keep it bumped.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 12:52 AM   #903
Tredici
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange View Post
I'll make it my mission to keep it bumped.
Your a just and brave man. Especially when all the free agent camp fodder signing threads start occurring....
Tredici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 12:54 AM   #904
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Your a just and brave man. Especially when all the free agent camp fodder signing threads start occurring....
That's when I'll just start randomly ripping players I don't like to keep this thread on page one. I've got quite a list.
Old 03-21-2007, 01:14 AM   #905
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Anyone read Blood Feud: Detroit Red Wings vs Colorado Avalanche: The Inside Story Of Pro Sports Nastiest and Best Rivalry Of It's Era yet? My wife went to Barnes & Noble earlier this evening and picked me up a copy of it while she was there. I'm still at work, so I haven't had a chance to look at it yet, but I'm really looking forward to it. That should be a fond stroll down memory lane.

I believe I read somewhere that Adrian Dater (Avs beat writer and author of the book) has said that he out a word for word account of Marc Crawford going bat **** on Scotty Bowman during the '97 playoffs in there. I'm looking forward to seeing the details of that exchange.

I don't care which side of the rivalry you were on, that was the best thing hockey had going for quite some time.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:17 AM   #906
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:

I could be wrong.

Or maybe not.
I use the "user cp" where i can see the subscribed threads. It works for me.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 09:18 AM   #907
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Anyone read Blood Feud: Detroit Red Wings vs Colorado Avalanche: The Inside Story Of Pro Sports Nastiest and Best Rivalry Of It's Era yet? My wife went to Barnes & Noble earlier this evening and picked me up a copy of it while she was there. I'm still at work, so I haven't had a chance to look at it yet, but I'm really looking forward to it. That should be a fond stroll down memory lane.

I believe I read somewhere that Adrian Dater (Avs beat writer and author of the book) has said that he out a word for word account of Marc Crawford going bat **** on Scotty Bowman during the '97 playoffs in there. I'm looking forward to seeing the details of that exchange.

I don't care which side of the rivalry you were on, that was the best thing hockey had going for quite some time.

I enjoyed it. But that's going back to when my pens were starting to sell off everything.....
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 09:59 AM   #908
Nuggets4
Requisite Nugs Die-Hard

Buffaloes, Buffaloes, Go C-U!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Allen Iverson

Quote:

I almost picked that up before my trip to SF a few weeks ago, but decided to get it later. Now I haven't seen it in stores for a while. Let me know how it is CO.
Nuggets4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 10:16 AM   #909
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

damn redwings.

want them to actually win a damn game and they choke.
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 10:29 AM   #910
Dukes
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Thanks for mentioning the book CO. This is the first i've heard of it but i'm definitely going to go buy it this weekend
Dukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 05:39 PM   #911
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal View Post
damn redwings.

want them to actually win a damn game and they choke.

Slinky screwed em over with his flip floppin i also noticed the flames played a perfect game with zero penalties. (how does that happen?)

http://calsun.canoe.ca/Sports/Hockey...96978-sun.html

Flailing onto his back and staying there with hopes of drawing a penalty, the melodramatic 42-year-old looked up just in time to see Kristian Huselius' game-winning powerplay goal sail just over his mask. In an otherwise brilliantly played game by both goalies, the stunt cost the Wings at least a point and could end up costing his club its third-straight Presidents' Trophy.

Last edited by Bronx33; 03-21-2007 at 06:06 PM..
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 05:56 PM   #912
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default Fernandez is done for the regular season

http://www.startribune.com/blogs/wildblog/?p=116

The news of the day is not really a surprise, but goalie Manny Fernandez is done for the regular season. Assistant GM Tom Lynn said Wednesday that in consultation with team doctors, they’re going treat Fernandez like he just got the injury. In other words, he’ll be out three to four weeks to go through the rehab process all over again.

The goal is to get him completely healthy by the start of the playoffs.

Although, and this is me speaking and not Lynn, at that point, coach Jacques Lemaire will likely feel most comfortable with Josh Harding as the backup.

Everybody practiced today but Wes Walz. Lemaire gave him the day off and says he should play tomorrow night vs. St. Louis. Mark Parrish did practice today.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:04 PM   #913
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Massive hockey info....

http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.ph.../hockey_links/
Old 03-21-2007, 06:05 PM   #914
Jens1893
Ring of Famer

Does anyone remember Rene Corbet and Jeff Shantz?
Jens1893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 06:15 PM   #915
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jens1893 View Post
Does anyone remember Rene Corbet and Jeff Shantz?
yep..
Old 03-21-2007, 06:18 PM   #916
Jens1893
Ring of Famer

They´re playing for Mannheim in the DEL Playoffs right now ... they´re 3-0 up in their first round series and are the #1 seed ... been thinking about checking out their new arena for a while.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:29 PM   #917
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
They´re playing for Mannheim in the DEL Playoffs right now ... they´re 3-0 up in their first round series and are the #1 seed ... been thinking about checking out their new arena for a while.

I remember going down to magness arena on my lunch breaks to watch the avs practice and see the youngsters trying to make the team and one of them was rene. I always liked him as a player hes one of those sparkplug guys he always worked hard.

Last edited by Bronx33; 03-21-2007 at 06:41 PM..
Old 03-21-2007, 06:38 PM   #918
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33 View Post
I remember going down to magness arena on my lunch breaks to watch the avs practice and see the youngsters trying to make the team and one of them was rene. I always liked him as a player hes one of those sparkplug guys we always worked hard.
Yeah, but Shantz was completely useless.
Pendejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 06:41 PM   #919
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets4 View Post
I almost picked that up before my trip to SF a few weeks ago, but decided to get it later. Now I haven't seen it in stores for a while. Let me know how it is CO.
I enjoyed it. Plenty of insider tidbits that I wasn't aware of. It's funny, both sides back then called the other classless and whatnot, but reading all of this shows that both sides (teams, coaches, front offices and especially media) had their low moments.

Some interesting things I took from it were that Forsberg was so angered by the Deadmarsh trade that he told Pierre Lacroix he'd never sign another contract with the Avalanche (turned out to be untrue, he played three more years for the Avs). McCarty & Lemieux have buried the hatchet while Draper & Lemieux haven't. Bowman & Crawford are good friends now despite Crawford calling Bowman "a ****ing old cvnt" and threatening to kill him during his infamous tirade between the benches. Eric Lacroix's presence was a much bigger issue than I knew about. Oh yeah, Alexei Gusarov really did speak English (I knew it!).

Great read, lot of fond memories in there. Highly recommended.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:42 PM   #920
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendejo View Post
Yeah, but Shantz was completely useless.
Shantz is right there with Warren Rychel for worst player to ever wear an Avalanche uniform.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:45 PM   #921
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Shantz is right there with Warren Rychel for worst player to ever wear an Avalanche uniform.

Brad may is the new contender for the title.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:45 PM   #922
Jens1893
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I´ll take that as a compliment to Jose Theodore.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:05 PM   #923
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
I´ll take that as a compliment to Jose Theodore.
If you make it relative to their salary, Theodore runs away with the title. Theo had a few good moments, which is more than I can say for Jeff Shantz. Hell, I think Rychel at least scored a couple of playoff goals.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:24 PM   #924
clean
Dazed And Frantic

Quote:
Todd "No Skill" Gill
clean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 07:36 PM   #925
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by clean View Post
Todd "No Skill" Gill

Touche'