The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2006, 11:58 PM   #426
Killericon
Front 7, Please

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock

I know it's Eklund, but it's interesting all the same.

Quote:
Alfredsson to Calgary for Robyn Regehr (e2), People calling for Forsberg
Sunday @ 12:50 PM ET | Comments (155)
Interesting turn of events last night. I was following a few rumors involving teams inquiring about Forsberg. One being Detroit, the other Calgary, when I happened on a trade that is in discussion between the Flames and the Sens. This deal would send Alfredsson to Calgary and bring Robyn Regehr.

Could get interesting this week.

Ek
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 12:42 AM   #427
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

soCal, you going to the game in Anaheim on MOnday? Ill be there as the Ducks fan of course. Like to talk puck or Broncos football if you are going. Mys eason seats are in the nose bleed but always sneak down to Plaza level. Let me know. I cant wiat to see the Pens. Ducks going for the scoring record tomorrow. SHould be a great game.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 01:02 AM   #428
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by killericon View Post
I know it's Eklund, but it's interesting all the same.
Killer you hear any rumors in Calgary of a trade with Los Angeles? I hear they are interested in Conroy...
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 01:42 AM   #429
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Let me say, once again, what a shame it is that Ilya Kovalchuk is stuck in that ****hole of a sports town known as Atlanta. This guy is a flat out stud and he gets overlooked far too often because the market he's in renders him a lot more anonymous than he should be.

That is all.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 01:55 AM   #430
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Hey Jori, refresh my memory here, the Avs own Calgary's 2nd rounder in the '07 draft, correct?
Old 11-07-2006, 02:40 AM   #431
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

remember also that the schedules will not cross to other conferences except a few times a year. We dont see many players and with coverage on VERSUS, we arent going to hear much on some of these gems. It was nice to see Crosby and crew come to Anaheim on Monday. Probably 3 years from now to see them again. One more game for the Ducks to hit the consecutive points per game to start a season. Canucks will be the victim.
Old 11-07-2006, 07:45 AM   #432
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

damn pens
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 01:28 PM   #433
Jori
US Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange View Post
Hey Jori, refresh my memory here, the Avs own Calgary's 2nd rounder in the '07 draft, correct?
Once Tanguay signed a long term deal with the Flames, the Avs have the option of using Calgary's second round pick in 07 or 08. My guess is that they'll use it in 07. There isn't a lot of high end talent in this draft, but there is some good depth.
Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 07:55 PM   #434
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Jason Williams of the Wings was taken off with his head taped to a stretcher after a clean, but vicious, hit from Edmonton's Raffi Torres. Williams got caught with his head down right next to the net.

Hopefully it looked worse than it is.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:08 PM   #435
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

damn pens
Old 11-08-2006, 10:43 PM   #436
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by claviculasolomonis View Post
damn pens
U r spoiled. Good, young teams.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:39 AM   #437
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Oh i know - and how can i be spoiled, i've been pens fan even through the dark ages.
Old 11-10-2006, 01:02 AM   #438
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

anybody witness the horror of the Canucks jersey? That logo sucks eggs and this is coming from a Ducks fan. On the bright side, My (Mighty) Ducks just got the 15th consecutive game in a row of at least one point to start a season.
Old 11-10-2006, 02:54 PM   #439
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

i saw the ducks win
Old 11-10-2006, 06:38 PM   #440
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default Quenneville applies heat to lackadaisical Avs

Jezzzz Q are ya pacing yourself?

It was 11:30 a.m. Thursday, when Avalanche players usually filter off the practice ice for the day. Sure enough, players started heading for the dressing room, but it wasn't long before they came back out.

One hour of practice wasn't sufficient for Avs coach Joel Quenneville; after a resurfacing of the ice by the Zamboni, his players trudged back out for nearly another hour's worth of drills, capped off at the end by a "bag skate" - so named for the bags you see in the pouches in airline seats in case of illness.

The grueling practice can safely be considered punishment from Quenneville for what he feels has been insufficient effort by his team of late. The Avs' 6-5 loss to the Los Angeles Kings on Tuesday night angered Quenneville, and his displeasure appears to have sunk in.

Before the practice, the Avalanche held a players-only meeting in which one thing more than any other was stressed: "We talked about battling more," Avs defenseman John-Michael Liles said. "It's about playing a full 60 minutes. Maybe it's being a little bit too complacent, and trying to hold onto the lead rather than just playing our game. When we play our game, we develop chances. And when we step back from that, I think it allows the other team to get chances. And when we do that, we don't get as many."

The Avs have a winning record (7-6-2), but have lost to under-.500 teams such as the Kings, St. Louis, Washington and Chicago.

The Avs had the second most goals in the Western Conference entering Thursday (51), but had allowed 49.

Now come several tough games on the schedule, starting in Nashville on Saturday.

Quenneville put his team through a lengthy period of defensive zone coverage drills, and said more responsible play without the puck is a must if the Avs are to improve.

"We've got to get that awareness defensively, and really place a premium on it," Quenneville said. "That's going to win hockey games for you. It's a concentration and a focus, knowing that there is plenty of offense around our lineup."

The Avs of 2006-07 have seemed to relax too much when they get a lead, not doing the things they did to get the lead. The Avs also have gotten off to slow starts the last four games.

"I haven't been happy with our last four starts," Quenneville said. "They haven't been good enough for me. It's a trend that has kind of stuck out, and has led to sporadic play in all four games."

Quenneville juggled his lines at practice, putting Milan Hejduk back on the first line with Joe Sakic and Andrew Brunette. Ian Laperriere has replaced Hejduk on a line with rookies Paul Stastny and Wojtek Wolski.

Quenneville expressed confidence in goalie Jose Theodore, saying his teammates were as much to blame for Tuesday's loss as he was. He indicated Theodore will start Saturday against the Predators.

Avalanche left wing Antti Laaksonen, who has played 14 games without a point and was not on the first penalty-killing unit at practice, said he must do more to help the team.

"I'd like to get points, but it's not coming my way," Laaksonen said. "I've got to work on defense and try to get chances that way. Defensively lately, we haven't been doing the right things. We've got a lot of offense here, but we've got to take care of our own end better."
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 06:51 PM   #441
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33 View Post
Quenneville juggled his lines at practice, putting Milan Hejduk back on the first line with Joe Sakic and Andrew Brunette. Ian Laperriere has replaced Hejduk on a line with rookies Paul Stastny and Wojtek Wolski.
How nice. He's obviously pissed at Svatos if he's dropping him to 3rd line duties, yet Breezeby gets a free pass despite being the worst player on the team.

I starting to think the reason I so liked the Quenneville hiring was because anyone would have been better than Tony Granato. I'm having serious doubts about that right now.
Old 11-10-2006, 06:56 PM   #442
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

I saw svatos at the AHL level and the dude is off or on.
Old 11-10-2006, 06:56 PM   #443
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

I have been pointing the finger at how Q handled the blues and how is is handling the avs, i was pumped about Q coming to town and hoped he learned a lesson or two in st louis. (i was wrong) hes still a goalie killer and a confidence killer.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 07:01 PM   #444
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

maybe he can go work for the flyers, they need someone to replace booby clarke
Old 11-10-2006, 07:04 PM   #445
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by claviculasolomonis View Post
I saw svatos at the AHL level and the dude is off or on.
He's pretty much the same now, but he hardly deserves to be singled out by the head coach.
Old 11-11-2006, 03:48 PM   #446
Pendejo
The off-season.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

Here's a link to a pretty interesting article about Patrick Roy coaching in th QMJHL...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/hallof...ory?id=2654455
Pendejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 03:49 PM   #447
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

I hate line juggling like that, especially when it's an undeserved demotion.
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 05:46 PM   #448
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Three years ago, Roy opened the doors to his home to rookies Joey Ryan and Andrew Andricopoulos when their original billets' marriage broke up.

Last year, Russian star Alexander Radulov, the player of the year in the Quebec league and a top Nashville prospect, moved in while Radulov's billets moved into an apartment in Roy's new lakefront home.

This year, Russian twins Roman and Ruslan Bashkirov are living with Roy and thriving under his tutelage.

For Ryan, a Los Angeles Kings prospect, the memories of sitting down with Roy and watching "CSI" and other shows will linger as long as those of hoisting the Memorial Cup.

"It was awesome," he said
Cool a King gets mentioned in the article.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 09:34 PM   #449
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Theodore lets in another softie. Unscreened slapper from a stride inside the blue line and he somehow couldn't stop it.

Same old, same old.
Old 11-11-2006, 11:37 PM   #450
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quenneville juggles the lines and the Avs get shutout. Way to fix what wasn't broken, Q.