The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Ring of Fame Threads
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2006, 06:04 PM   #201
Bronco_Beerslug
Angling in the Deep
 
Bronco_Beerslug's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Texas Riviera, Southern Mountains
Posts: 24,234
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Nah. Alec's hate is a personal issue that consumes him, and I'm not going to give him what he wants unless he forces the issue. He's a smart guy when he's not letting his demons speak through him. His hatefullness will manifest wherever he goes and he knows it. He just has picked me as his current target of hate. He says he's leaving the board... maybe the third time is the charm, eh? I doubt it though. He's a creature of habit with (obviously) little self control.
Yeah, I doubt it, who would he unleash his profanity laced little fits on if he didn't come here?
Bronco_Beerslug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 06:24 PM   #202
Flyboy063
Solid Starter
 
Flyboy063's Avatar
 
In Rod We Trust

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Germany
Posts: 116
Default

I'll take a 13-3 win over the 8th Ranked defense (1st ranked passing defense) in the NFL.

Not only that but is what I great day. I made it to my first game and they won. I met Meck77, Scottish_Bronco, NO1BroncoFan, R8derH8ter, Raidersuck, Rascal, MileHigh Shack, Dog and Mrs. Dog, Bronco Billy, Archie, TailGateNut, Disco, etc... Thanks to all you folks for being great hosts. Bronco football @ Invesco Field is definitely an awesome experience.

I almost forgot to mention, but I met Randy Gradishar at the bus as well. Absolutely awesome. Unfortunately the sharpie came up messing during a critical time (right Ben?)

GO BRONCOS!!!!!!

Kip
Flyboy063 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 02:11 AM   #203
mosca
grand pubah
 
mosca's Avatar
 
honest optimism

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 1,951

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bubby Brister
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by freak6 View Post
I don't know why I waste my time on foolish threads like this. There is a real difference between "Bronco fan", and "Football Expert/Bronco Fan".
Hey, at least this guy actually is literally a self-proclaimed "expert"! Better listen to what he says, guys!
mosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 02:33 AM   #204
Popps
TEAM FIRST.
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,800
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco_Beerslug View Post
Well good, now you know, your little Plummer nobber threads will be responded to by people other than Plummer nobbers.


As for my "Plummer threads"... I've started exactly one in the last 20-something threads I've created... and it was a tongue in cheek thread.
Plummer hasn't been my main focus. The defense has, LONG before Jake was even in town. Even Taco will tell you that.

So, again... you can just repeat non-factual information as much as you want, and hope it becomes truth... but it won't.

Feel free to keep following me around posting about me, though. It's somewhere between funny and sad. Why you care so much about me is a little hard to figure. Borderline disturbing.

Taco and I at least have a rapport. You're just a hateful, obsessed guy.

Takes all kinds, I guess.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 02:39 AM   #205
Popps
TEAM FIRST.
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,800
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy063 View Post
I'll take a 13-3 win over the 8th Ranked defense (1st ranked passing defense) in the NFL.

Not only that but is what I great day. I made it to my first game and they won. I met Meck77, Scottish_Bronco, NO1BroncoFan, R8derH8ter, Raidersuck, Rascal, MileHigh Shack, Dog and Mrs. Dog, Bronco Billy, Archie, TailGateNut, Disco, etc... Thanks to all you folks for being great hosts. Bronco football @ Invesco Field is definitely an awesome experience.

I almost forgot to mention, but I met Randy Gradishar at the bus as well. Absolutely awesome. Unfortunately the sharpie came up messing during a critical time (right Ben?)

GO BRONCOS!!!!!!

Kip
Damn, good times.

I was knocked out by my trip to Invesco last year. It was just perfect in almost every way. Can't wait to get back there for a game.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 04:53 AM   #206
Bronco_Beerslug
Angling in the Deep
 
Bronco_Beerslug's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Texas Riviera, Southern Mountains
Posts: 24,234
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Feel free to keep following me around posting about me, though. It's somewhere between funny and sad. Why you care so much about me is a little hard to figure. Borderline disturbing.

You take yourself way too seriously. It is amusing reading your attempts to cut down the defense and prop up Plummer though.
Bronco_Beerslug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 08:55 AM   #207
orange 4 life
Old School Orange
 
Home team qb homer

Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Anywhere, CO.
Posts: 8,576
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco_Beerslug View Post

You take yourself way too seriously. It is amusing reading your attempts to cut down the defense and prop up Plummer though.
if thats what you take out of reading his posts then you have SERIOUS comprehension issues.
that explains alot.
orange 4 life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 08:59 AM   #208
Bronco_Beerslug
Angling in the Deep
 
Bronco_Beerslug's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Texas Riviera, Southern Mountains
Posts: 24,234
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange 4 life View Post
if thats what you take out of reading his posts then you have SERIOUS comprehension issues.
that explains alot.
This coming from the biggest Plummer homer on the board,, gotcha
Bronco_Beerslug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 09:09 AM   #209
orange 4 life
Old School Orange
 
Home team qb homer

Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Anywhere, CO.
Posts: 8,576
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post


Figured I'd try to balance out the gloom and doom around here. You'd think we were in last place, and just got whacked... reading the other threads around here.

We WON.

We're 4-1, we're clearly in a battle with only one team for this division, and there doesn't appear to be any dominant team in the AFC.

Our defense has shown it can win close, low-scoring games... and while our offense has struggled, they've ABSOLUTELY made plays when they had to, and that's all that matters.

We've got another game we should win next week, and then some real tests.

What's all the crying about? Good lord. We just beat the rai_ers, for flip's sake. Anyone else enjoy winning anymore? I'd love to hear from you.
nice job as always popps.

the offense has definately struggled, and there are plenty of reasons why.
plummer started slow, lack of separation, no production from the te's, conservative playcalling, alot of new faces at skill positions, etc.

that said, the defense has been amazing, and because of that the conservative playcalling has still been enough to produce wins.
shanahan and plummer both have a history of big production on the offensive side of the ball (and in shanahans case its over a DECADE of great offensive production), and thats reason to think things will get better.

also, you mentioned something that nobody seems to talk about at all.

while the offense has struggled, they HAVE made plays when they needed to.
against the chiefs there was a game tying and game winning drive in the 4th and OT.
against the pats we got a plummer to walker td in the 4th to ice the game.
against the ravens we made the plays and scored 10 4th quarter points to break a 3-3 tie.

yes, the offense has struggled, but the notion that plummer and co. cant play in the 4th quarter and/or under pressure is also being dispelled.
as horrific as the offense has been, they have made the plays in the 4th quarter to help get the wins.

the talent is there, and i think the coaches will open things up and let it show.

jake
orange 4 life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 09:17 AM   #210
Dedhed
Ring of Famer
 
Dedhed's Avatar
 
Fare thee well

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,264

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoakum3 View Post
Who cares? If the offense is so conservitave and we continue to win, WHO CARES? It really looks like we are playing not to turn the ball over. Gues what- IT WORKS. It ain't broke folks.
That's great until the time comes where we can't be conservative. And that time will come.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 09:18 AM   #211
Dedhed
Ring of Famer
 
Dedhed's Avatar
 
Fare thee well

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,264

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange 4 life View Post
nice job as always popps.

the offense has definately struggled, and there are plenty of reasons why.
plummer started slow, lack of separation, no production from the te's, conservative playcalling, alot of new faces at skill positions, etc.

that said, the defense has been amazing, and because of that the conservative playcalling has still been enough to produce wins.
shanahan and plummer both have a history of big production on the offensive side of the ball (and in shanahans case its over a DECADE of great offensive production), and thats reason to think things will get better.

also, you mentioned something that nobody seems to talk about at all.

while the offense has struggled, they HAVE made plays when they needed to.
against the chiefs there was a game tying and game winning drive in the 4th and OT.
against the pats we got a plummer to walker td in the 4th to ice the game.
against the ravens we made the plays and scored 10 4th quarter points to break a 3-3 tie.

yes, the offense has struggled, but the notion that plummer and co. cant play in the 4th quarter and/or under pressure is also being dispelled.
as horrific as the offense has been, they have made the plays in the 4th quarter to help get the wins.

the talent is there, and i think the coaches will open things up and let it show.

jake
You two need to get a room.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 09:41 AM   #212
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
All Hail King Midas

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,489

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

It's just too bad that Javon Walker doesn't enjoy winning as much as the great fans we have in this thread do. Ingrate.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 09:43 AM   #213
BMF Bronco
Offseason sucks...
 
BMF Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bozeman, MT
Posts: 11,577

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ME
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
It's just too bad that Javon Walker doesn't enjoy winning as much as the great fans we have in this thread do. Ingrate.
"...I don't worry about me. I worry about the wins."

Seems Rod Smith does.
BMF Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 09:50 AM   #214
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMF Bronco View Post
"...I don't worry about me. I worry about the wins."

Seems Rod Smith does.
Yeah but Javon has done so much more for this team then Smith ever could do.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 09:51 AM   #215
BMF Bronco
Offseason sucks...
 
BMF Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bozeman, MT
Posts: 11,577

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ME
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Yeah but Javon has done so much more for this team then Smith ever could do.
My bad, forgot about that!
BMF Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 10:12 AM   #216
Circle Orange
Frozen Assets.
 
Circle Orange's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: The Styxx, D.C.
Posts: 3,948
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by §Pide® View Post
well at least that is somthing ...... see if there were only 10 people I liked here , I would be gone , the door wouldnt hit me in the ass ........... but over the years I have gained some great friends here , some came over from Broncos chat with me , but I been here since the begining , Alec me and him dont see eye to on anything but hte Broncos but he is a friend .meck 77 ,Montana mt very special to me ........ I like Slap , Watermock , Kaylore , Baja , Bendog, LABF , Angry LLama ,but dont let him know , I like BDruleU and spdirty ,Blue flame is awesome , Pez , El Sid , I realy like Big guy , Pendajo , Beerslug , I like Taco , Popps ........... and I like you ,and I could go on with a list ........... everyone adds to this forum , I may not agree with them , but they and you have somthing to offer but you know I dont pull punches and I am blunt ... I expect the same from you and these other people ......
Besides, you don't mess with giant spiders...they might run amuck and terrorize entire cities!
Circle Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 10:16 AM   #217
Bronco_Beerslug
Angling in the Deep
 
Bronco_Beerslug's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Texas Riviera, Southern Mountains
Posts: 24,234
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMF Bronco View Post
My bad, forgot about that!
Good to see you are starting to understand what is actually going on admitting Javon is the man!
Bronco_Beerslug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 10:52 AM   #218
Popps
TEAM FIRST.
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,800
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
It's just too bad that Javon Walker doesn't enjoy winning as much as the great fans we have in this thread do. Ingrate.
Can't help yourself, can you. 400 threads here for you to whine and argue, and you just can't help yourself.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 10:58 AM   #219
Popps
TEAM FIRST.
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,800
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange 4 life View Post
if thats what you take out of reading his posts then you have SERIOUS comprehension issues.
that explains alot.
It's not comprehension, O4L. It's done on purpose.

Anyone who's read my posts knows I've been a broken record about improving this defense LONG before Plummer was here. I've also been up front about the fact that I think Plummer is a little above average QB and that's about it. I DO think he does well in this system (save a slow start this year) and his winning % is proof.

Here's where the slower posters around here get confused... I don't think Jake should be blamed when our defense falls apart to the tune of an NFL record in a playoff game. I think he's been a scapegoat for a lot of other probs.
THAT is where I stand. I think we can win with him, and eventually... we'll win with Cutler, IF we field a proper defense.

So, it's not a comprehension problem. You've just got a certain amount of internet types who got dealt a band hand in life, so all they have is to rip other people on message boards, even if for no reason. That guy follows me around like a puppy. Hell, I had one other guy attack my 4 month old girl. Why? Because I'm happy that we're winning games.

Doesn't matter. Taco gave us a great little thing called an ignore list, and I make good us of it for trolls like that.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 10:59 AM   #220
Arkie
Ring of Famer
 
Arkie's Avatar
 
The f--- y'all motherf-ckas want?

Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 10,529
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
It's just too bad that Javon Walker doesn't enjoy winning as much as the great fans we have in this thread do. Ingrate.
Just call him what he is--a disgruntled wide receiver. That's what he was in Green Bay. That's what he'll always be. Most WRs are. We're just lucky to have a guy like Rod Smith all these years. I can see us running WRs out of town that don't live up to Rod's standards. That's what happens to fans that get spoiled by a player. (see Elway) Here's a brain teaser: Who gets the credit for Lelie's league leading YPC. Was it Plummer's excellent passing, or was it Lelie's excellent receiving? I'm guessing that most of the pessimists here will now give the credit to Lelie since he is out of the picture and can't bring us down anymore.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 11:03 AM   #221
orange 4 life
Old School Orange
 
Home team qb homer

Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Anywhere, CO.
Posts: 8,576
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
You two need to get a room.
and you need to get a clue.
orange 4 life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 11:11 AM   #222
orange 4 life
Old School Orange
 
Home team qb homer

Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Anywhere, CO.
Posts: 8,576
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
It's just too bad that Javon Walker doesn't enjoy winning as much as the great fans we have in this thread do. Ingrate.
i know youre a true fan taco, but i just cant see how watching games is any fun for you anymore.
youre such a "cutler homer" that you must have a tough time balancing the desire for the broncos to win with your equal desire to see plummer fail.

ps- i think the "homer" tag is ludicrous, so ill just use it back to show how ridiculous it really is. am i a "plummer homer" or are you and others just "cutler homers"?
im just cheering for the guys that are actually ON the field.
when cutler plays, ill cheer for him with every bit as much enthusiasm and support as i have given plummer.
orange 4 life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 11:14 AM   #223
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
All Hail King Midas

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,489

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
Just call him what he is--a disgruntled wide receiver. That's what he was in Green Bay. That's what he'll always be. Most WRs are. We're just lucky to have a guy like Rod Smith all these years. I can see us running WRs out of town that don't live up to Rod's standards. That's what happens to fans that get spoiled by a player. (see Elway) Here's a brain teaser: Who gets the credit for Lelie's league leading YPC. Was it Plummer's excellent passing, or was it Lelie's excellent receiving? I'm guessing that most of the pessimists here will now give the credit to Lelie since he is out of the picture and can't bring us down anymore.


A disgruntled coach?

Shanahan on players’ frustration with the offense’s production
“I think that any time that you are not productive offensively and you come away with thirteen points there is always frustration. There are always disappointments, and if they didn’t feel that way then you have the wrong guys.”

On if he is frustrated with the offense as well
“Definitely. You are always trying to get better. It doesn’t matter if it is offense, defense or special teams. I feel good that our defense is starting to get some of the recognition that it deserves over years. Offensively, we have had a lot of recognition and obviously we are disappointed that we didn’t put more points on the scoreboard and that is something that we have to work at and hopefully get better.”



There is plenty of frustration in the locker room over the poor offensive showing this year. Javon isn't unique in this regard. He's just the first person to vocalize it.

I think a distinction should be drawn between "disgruntled WR" and "frustrated WR."
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 11:21 AM   #224
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 36,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange 4 life View Post
i know youre a true fan taco, but i just cant see how watching games is any fun for you anymore.
youre such a "cutler homer" that you must have a tough time balancing the desire for the broncos to win with your equal desire to see plummer fail.

ps- i think the "homer" tag is ludicrous, so ill just use it back to show how ridiculous it really is. am i a "plummer homer" or are you and others just "cutler homers"?
im just cheering for the guys that are actually ON the field.
when cutler plays, ill cheer for him with every bit as much enthusiasm and support as i have given plummer.

That's a good post, Jake.

When you think about it, it's trivial to press the issue any further than in congenial discussion. The fanbase has very little effect on Broncos management. Especially with Shanahan locked in as someone who can keep the throne until he chooses otherwise. So why on earth has the orangemane turned into a shouting war over something that individuals have no control over? The discussion over Plummer is not congenial, and there is literally very little conversation on this board that doesnt have to do with Jake Plummer. The defense is playing outstanding right now and you have to wade through 50 some odd threads about how Plummer sucks to find a little snippett of anything having to do with the defense.

There is something wrong here.
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 11:31 AM   #225
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
All Hail King Midas

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,489

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange 4 life View Post
i know youre a true fan taco, but i just cant see how watching games is any fun for you anymore.
I'll be honest with you... Watching Jake Plummer stopped being fun for me period. Perhaps if he started to show signs of actual improvement, that would change. But this is some of the most boring football we've ever seen from our offense. Even Griese in his rookie season played better than this.


Quote:
youre such a "cutler homer" that you must have a tough time balancing the desire for the broncos to win with your equal desire to see plummer fail.

Your low ball tactic is amusing to me, but it reflects more about your frustration than it does anything about me. I won't fault you for your frustration. We all feel it. You take it out on me. I take it out on Jake. Either way, it comes around and goes around. You're wrong though. I don't want to see Plummer fail. I do expect to see him struggle. I practically count on it anymore. It's cause and effect: because Plummer plays poorly, I want to see Cutler put in. It's not the other way around, despite how badly you want to paint me a villain for jumping off the Plummer bandwagon.



Quote:
ps- i think the "homer" tag is ludicrous, so ill just use it back to show how ridiculous it really is. am i a "plummer homer" or are you and others just "cutler homers"?
However you want to say it, I'll leave that to you. I consider myself a Broncos fan who just wants to see the team win a championship. Unfortunately for me, I've lost faith in Plummer's ability to do that. I still enjoy watching Broncos games, especially with this defense. But I will fully admit that I have very little fun watching our 10-year veteran play like Kyle Boller (without the arm strength).


Quote:
im just cheering for the guys that are actually ON the field.
when cutler plays, ill cheer for him with every bit as much enthusiasm and support as i have given plummer.
I cheer for everyone. When Plummer scores I cheer for him too. It's not like I want to see him fail. I want to see him go out and have a 4 TD game and show us just how much he's grown in the last season. I want to see people talking about how all the work he put in studying film has paid off, and how much better he looks compared to how he started the season. I want to see us boasting about how great our offense is, and how foolish it was to even consider putting Cutler in there because of what a world-beater Plummer is looking like.

Unfortunately, that's not what we're getting. Instead, Plummer has struggled and opened the door for a lot of negative talk about him. Read my signature. He knows the score.

I'll root for him... But I've given up any ideas that he's going to take us to the Championship. I'd love to see him stuffing crow down my gullet by the fistfull. But to be honest with you, if we were in a Championship game with Plummer, I'd be scared to watch the game. Terrified. I know what would happen. Plummer would freeze up like he does in every playoff game, and the chills would send a shock through the whole team. Our defense would then snap, and it would be over before it even got started. Plummer would snap out of it at halftime, too little too late... He'd go out, show a lot of heart, and throw at least one more pick. And then you'd blame the defense.

That's just how I see it man. Not because I hate him, but because I'm not stupid. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, uh, er, uh, a fooled man can't get fooled again!

Last edited by Taco John; 10-17-2006 at 11:37 AM..
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:06 PM.


Denver Broncos