The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Ring of Fame Threads
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2006, 11:56 AM   #126
Popps
It's so easy
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,806
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncsyanks View Post
to the person who made insults to a 4 month old daughter. you are an embarrassment to the human race. you can disagree all you want about our team. that is cool. its what fans do. but to say anything about a child is classless. i hope you kiss your mother with that mouth so that she can taste the rotten thing she created. to popps sorry to hear that man. that sucks and is inexcusable.

yes i love winning. but what makes everyone upset i believe is not so much that our offense was lagging again but the fact that it was the raiders!!

to me that is what hurts. i hate them and wanted to trounce them. but i am not going to say i dont like winning. just wanted a real spanking on the raiders. if the roles were reversed i KNOW FOR A FACT that the raiders and art shell would have ran the score up. madden said shanny played a defensive minded coaching game.
True, though we DID see a pretty good melt-down. I mean, I almost felt sorry for Lamont Jordan there, for a minute.

Then I remembered that he was a rai_er, and that went away.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 11:58 AM   #127
Mediator12
OM analyst
 
Mediator12's Avatar
 
Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: INDY
Posts: 10,124

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjolras View Post
Of course you completely left out the little tidbit about 4 wins in that 5 game stretch with 2 of those coming against division leaders (1 on the road).

The fact is the offense has played efficiently enough to win ballgames (go ahead, dispute THAT). They are 6th in the league in rushing. Jake has thrown 2 interceptions in the last 4 games.

Has Jake looked good? Not really... but the offense has shown the ability to control the clock and make big plays down the field when they need to. They are winning games by getting in front and letting the defense bring them home. That's a formula that has won a LOT of superbowls. It may not be the high flying Broncos we are used to, but it's exactly the type of team that has historically done very well come playoff time.
Here is where people are willing to throw out all reason in order to prove a point.

1. The offense has not played efficiently enough to win games. Period. The defense has played beyond dominant and allowed less than 8 points per game. Just because the Broncos have won, does not mean the offense has received a passing grade.

Case in point, they are 31st in scoring and averaging just enough points to beat one team under that average, yes the Raiders. If the Broncos have not held teams 13 points below their respective scoring averages the Broncos would be 0-5 right now if the defense was just average.

2. Getting in front? When

The broncos scored their first first quarter points last night. Hell they have scored just 33 points in the first half, less than a TD. That's not getting ahead, that's pathetic.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 11:59 AM   #128
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 55,861

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Popps, you have a beautiful little daughter.

Am I happy we're winning. Hell, yeah! Am I also keeping an eye out on the rest of the AFC and wondering if we have the offense to take us all the way? You betcha. Sure am proud of that D, though. No doubt about that. That D can take the Broncos all the way. The O is firing on 3 or 4 plugs.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 12:00 PM   #129
Popps
It's so easy
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,806
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
Here is where people are willing to throw out all reason in order to prove a point.

1. The offense has not played efficiently enough to win games. Period.
Ummm... we won, right? We've won 4 and only lost 1, right? Our offense scored all the points right? Our offense scored more than the other offense, right?

Who's throwing logic out the window, again?
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 12:06 PM   #130
Popps
It's so easy
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,806
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Popps, you have a beautiful little daughter.

Am I happy we're winning. Hell, yeah! Am I also keeping an eye out on the rest of the AFC and wondering if we have the offense to take us all the way? You betcha. Sure am proud of that D, though. No doubt about that. That D can take the Broncos all the way. The O is firing on 3 or 4 plugs.
Thanks Ro.

Well, you've been at this a while... so it's no surprise you'd come off with a logical outlook like that. It's more the "new," internet type fan that I think feels he/she needs to spoil every victory for other fans.

Totally agree, and I said it on another thread... Jay Cutler could probably step in and win a SB if this defense played like this all year. It's fantastic.
That said, I'm with you... hoping we turn it up a notch. I mean, there's good reason to believe we will. Offense hasn't been a real problem for us to this point. I think it's just a matter of getting traction and momentum. Keep in mind, there are a couple of new "main guys" on that O. It might be a bit of a transition we're seeing, and no question... Plummer can play better.

Still, there's a ton of reasons to be optimistic for this season and beyond.
Glad you're enjoying it. Great time to be a Broncos fan.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 12:08 PM   #131
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams
 
ludo21's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 19,980

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster
Default

But...but..but... if..if.. wed.. be...0-5.....

but...

NOT "IFS" OR "BUTS" our record is what it is, this is the NFL folks, you take them however you can.

4-1 baby, ill take that everyday of the week,especially when 2 of those wins can against playoff caliber teams.
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 12:29 PM   #132
Drek
Ring of Famer
 
Drek's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 12,368
Default

4-1 is nice, but it isn't going to win the game for us next week, the week after that, etc.. We've got another 11 games to go and we won't win consistantly with how the offense has been playing.

If you'd rather languish in the warm fuzzies of a 13-3 win over a ****ty team, go ahead, but don't get on people's case who have evey reason to be very concerned about the weak offensive production we've wittnessed to date this season.

Enjoy your obtuse mindset, most of us can't though as we know sooner or later teams will actually score double digits on us, at which point we might very well be screwed.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 12:48 PM   #133
loborugger
lost in the ether
 
loborugger's Avatar
 
Did we finally get a FB???

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: The 'cuse
Posts: 5,709

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis
Default

Wow, Popps. What a load of crap. The civility on this board has definitely gone down in the past 4 years. I remember the debates about Greise. There was those who hated him, those who loved him, and the inbetween, just as now. However, there was 1/10 the venom and nastiness as there is now. The personal attacks on this board are over the top anymore.

You have a little cutie.... Good thread... lets take it to the Brownies next week. I will gladly endure the whining if we can pocket another W in 6 days.
loborugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 12:53 PM   #134
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Maryland
Posts: 17,795

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec View Post
I made this post fully expecting your p***Y ass to ban me, because quite frankly, this place isnt even worth coming to anymore. You can keep your Cutler dick up your ass all ****ing year for all I care and trust me dip****, Im not alone. There are a ****load of people with me here fed up with this ****. 4-1 and all you and your horse**** little followers do is b**** because we dont have payton manning ****ing numbers. Eat **** and die.

Promise?
Northman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 12:56 PM   #135
Popps
It's so easy
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,806
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
4-1 is nice, but it isn't going to win the game for us next week, the week after that, etc.. We've got another 11 games to go and we won't win consistantly with how the offense has been playing.

If you'd rather languish in the warm fuzzies of a 13-3 win over a ****ty team, go ahead, but don't get on people's case who have evey reason to be very concerned about the weak offensive production we've wittnessed to date this season.

Enjoy your obtuse mindset, most of us can't though as we know sooner or later teams will actually score double digits on us, at which point we might very well be screwed.


For that matter, we're all going to die, eventually. What's the point, right?
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 01:03 PM   #136
Popps
It's so easy
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,806
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by loborugger View Post
Wow, Popps. What a load of crap. The civility on this board has definitely gone down in the past 4 years. I remember the debates about Greise. There was those who hated him, those who loved him, and the inbetween, just as now. However, there was 1/10 the venom and nastiness as there is now. The personal attacks on this board are over the top anymore.

You have a little cutie.... Good thread... lets take it to the Brownies next week. I will gladly endure the whining if we can pocket another W in 6 days.
Yep, winning apparently makes a lot of people very angry, to the extent that Iwonder... why bother? This thread is a perfect example. All people who disagree had to do was simply avoid it. Yet, so many found it necessary to force the gloom and doom on people... as if there weren't 200 threads already dedicated to that.

Anyway, thanks for the kind words... and here's hoping the Broncos keep pissing off the fans around here.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 01:32 PM   #137
Drek
Ring of Famer
 
Drek's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 12,368
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post


For that matter, we're all going to die, eventually. What's the point, right?
Quote:

Enjoy your obtuse mindset
See Popps, you don't come here to talk football, you come here to defend Jake. I can't really blame you, as it seems like 50% of this board only comes here to bash the guy. But that doesn't mean the reasonable ones amongst us should join a side and go along with the retard parade.

We can't do anything about the team, that's Shanahan's job, but we can discuss what we see and what we think about it. Its supposed to be enjoyable and educational, hearing other viewpoints about our team and rationally discussing them.

Just because we're winning doesn't mean there aren't problems, just like when we lose games there are positives to discuss. Right now we're winning, as we should because this team is about 95% positives. But we have legitimate weaknesses to discuss, such as Warren's fat ass doing nothing to earn his paycheck, Foster playing matadore to any speed rusher that lines up opposite him, and Plummer's struggles now getting to the point where Shanahan doesn't even let him pass on 3rd and long.

We don't need a week long circle jerk cellebrating our win of a crappy Raiders team. We can do that after we win a championship. Until then the team is focused on building and improving towards that goal, which is what we all (should) come here to discuss.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 01:41 PM   #138
freak6
Ring of Famer
 
freak6's Avatar
 
Impeach President Cheney and Puppet

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: San Diego
Posts: 4,626

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MJK
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Jay Cutler could probably step in and win a SB if this defense played like this all year. It's fantastic.
lmao. Jake Plummer lost to the Rams with defense like this. And the Rams suck, I don't care about thier record, they SHOULD be 2-4, not 4-2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
I mean, there's good reason to believe we will. Offense hasn't been a real problem for us to this point. I think it's just a matter of getting traction and momentum.
I'm telling you, this dude is really blind. I'm just trying to figure out how you can read other posters here. Do you have the wife read them to you, like when she tells you what happens during the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
It might be a bit of a transition we're seeing, and no question... Plummer can play better.
More brilliant excuses. It's Plummer having to get used to the new moving parts, even though he has spent over 300 hours with them on the practice field. It doesn't take that much time for a 10 year vet to get used to new recievers. TO goes to the Eagles, explodes. Moss goes to the Raiders, fizzles.

What's the difference?

The QB.

Marinate.
freak6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 01:43 PM   #139
freak6
Ring of Famer
 
freak6's Avatar
 
Impeach President Cheney and Puppet

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: San Diego
Posts: 4,626

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MJK
Default

Great stat to be happy about compliments of Jim Armstrong.

Raiders have lost 17 of thier last 18 in the AFC West!!!

That is awesome!!!

FTR!!!!!
freak6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 01:58 PM   #140
BMF Bronco
Offseason sucks...
 
BMF Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bozeman, MT
Posts: 11,577

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ME
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncsyanks View Post
and there was only 1 big play 54 yard pass to javon. take that away-- 50 yards passing-- and only 17 attempts. you do the math about the avg. pass per yard
"take that away"? Hey dumbass, that's like saying "take champ's interception away and the game would have been different." Well no ****ing ****, thanks Einstein. In other shocking news, the earth is round.
BMF Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 02:01 PM   #141
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 36,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMF Bronco View Post
"take that away"? Hey dumbass, that's like saying "take champ's interception away and the game would have been different." Well no ****ing ****, thanks Einstein. In other shocking news, the earth is round.
The earth is round?
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 02:02 PM   #142
Dedhed
Ring of Famer
 
Dedhed's Avatar
 
Fare thee well

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,404

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Ummm... we won, right? We've won 4 and only lost 1, right? Our offense scored all the points right? Our offense scored more than the other offense, right?

Who's throwing logic out the window, again?
That is the definition of specious reasoning; what Popps makes his living on.
Dedhed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 02:03 PM   #143
Popps
It's so easy
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,806
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
See Popps, you don't come here to talk football, you come here to defend Jake..
Wrong. I mean, not even close to correct. This thread has zero to do with Jake, outside of obsessed fans like yourself and Taco making it about Jake.

Here are the last 20 threads I created:




1. Thread for people who enjoy winning ( 1 2 3 4 5 6)
2. That's a playoff football win, folks. ( 1 2 3 4)
3. Champ Bailey, anyone? ( 1 2)
4. Javon Walker: Ballhawk, you want to pay now or later? ( 1 2)
5. Shaun Alexander out with broken foot? ( 1 2)
6. Al Wilson Update
7. Herm.... wow. ( 1 2)
8. You're the coach: What's the plan for Sunday? ( 1 2 3)
9. AFC West Pecking Order ( 1 2)
10. Jake Plummer sucks
11. Kick Returners ( 1 2)
12. Happy Fantasy Drafts, y'all!
13. CBS Fantasy League spots open
14. Damien Nash: Is this our starter? ( 1 2 3)
15. Darius Watts grade? ( 1 2 3 4)
16. NFL Pre-season TV Schedule?
17. First preseason game 1 month away! What else are we going to do? ( 1 2)
18. Dumervil moving to LB? ( 1 2 3 4)
19. Defense? ( 1 2 3)
20. A case for Javon Walker ( 1 2 3)

So, out of my last 20 attempts at football conversation here, exactly ONE was about our QB, and it was a tongue in cheek "starter" thread.

Anyway, but feel free to keep posting non-factual information. Maybe someone will believe it if you repeat it enough.



Last edited by Popps; 10-16-2006 at 03:06 PM..
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 02:05 PM   #144
BMF Bronco
Offseason sucks...
 
BMF Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bozeman, MT
Posts: 11,577

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ME
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryllama View Post
The earth is round?
hell I don't know, just going by what I heard. But I am guessing it's more of an egg shape
BMF Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 02:09 PM   #145
Popps
It's so easy
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,806
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMF Bronco View Post
"take that away"? Hey dumbass, that's like saying "take champ's interception away and the game would have been different." Well no ****ing ****, thanks Einstein. In other shocking news, the earth is round.
lol!

Yea, take away all of the good things we did, and we would have just done bad things. Wow!

You have to love that the Wheaties-pissers just can't stay off of this thread. It's a bizarre pysch experiment.... unintentional, but interesting, nonetheless.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 02:09 PM   #146
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer
 
Wes Mantooth's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,888
Default

Who cares? If the offense is so conservitave and we continue to win, WHO CARES? It really looks like we are playing not to turn the ball over. Gues what- IT WORKS. It ain't broke folks.
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 02:12 PM   #147
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"
 
watermock's Avatar
 
"Hug me!"

Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Hot Springs, Ouachitah
Posts: 76,813
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryllama View Post
The earth is round?
Actually the orientation of the known universe rotates around New Mile High
watermock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 02:14 PM   #148
BMF Bronco
Offseason sucks...
 
BMF Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bozeman, MT
Posts: 11,577

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ME
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
lol!

Yea, take away all of the good things we did, and we would have just done bad things. Wow!

You have to love that the Wheaties-pissers just can't stay off of this thread. It's a bizarre pysch experiment.... unintentional, but interesting, nonetheless.
No joke man!
BMF Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 02:14 PM   #149
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Maryland
Posts: 17,795

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Yep, winning apparently makes a lot of people very angry, to the extent that Iwonder... why bother? This thread is a perfect example. All people who disagree had to do was simply avoid it. Yet, so many found it necessary to force the gloom and doom on people... as if there weren't 200 threads already dedicated to that.

Anyway, thanks for the kind words... and here's hoping the Broncos keep pissing off the fans around here.


I havent seen a Jake thread yet where you havent thrown your 2 cents in.
Northman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 02:17 PM   #150
Meck77
.
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 16,838
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
You can call Pat Bowlen if you want, but it won't do you any good whatsoever. Shanahan is Pat's guy, and no amount of phone calls is going to change that.


That part was a joke Taco. I was correcting you on the fact that you said the reason our offense is struggling is because of Shanny and Jake and that you think Cutler is the answer right now. My point was that Mr. Bowlen has the ultimate say on what goes on as he pays the bills and has the ability to hire and fire whoever he wants when he wants. He ultimately could tell shanny to start Jay if he wanted to so add Mr. Bowlen to your list of why the Broncos offense sucks as you say.

Anyhow...
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:10 PM.


Denver Broncos