The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Ring of Fame Threads
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2006, 10:26 PM   #76
freak6
Ring of Famer
 
freak6's Avatar
 
Impeach President Cheney and Puppet

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: San Diego
Posts: 4,626

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MJK
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintRightOption View Post
There are many others that suit your special brand of blowhard histrionics.
Instead of bsing around, why don't you quote something I say, and try to prove it wrong?

Because you can't. I'll tear you, and anyone else up in this debate, because facts are facts.

The offense sucks. It is to conservative, because of the QB situation.

I am happy with how Jake played tonite btw. Sapp should have caught that ball. Jake did fine by me for what was called.

The problem is that by Jake being in there it limits the playcalling. And when the sht hits the fan, Jake chokes.
freak6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 10:28 PM   #77
Popps
TEAM FIRST.
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,801
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiettiger View Post
You took the bait. Now you are going to get accused of supporting Griese. It's like Neo and Agent Smith with you two. It's inevitable.
Nah.

He supported Griese, that's his business.

Just wanted to dedicate a thread to a little positive chatter about a win over the rai_ers.

Naturally, he couldn't let that go on. All he needs to do is just avoid the thread.... and he just can't do it.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 10:30 PM   #78
freak6
Ring of Famer
 
freak6's Avatar
 
Impeach President Cheney and Puppet

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: San Diego
Posts: 4,626

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MJK
Default

FTR!!!

4-1

Here's to hopes our defense will keep averaging a Red Zone turnover or two a game...lmao (line borrowed from Slap...bwa ha haaa)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
The worst thing is that this is going to be one big waste this year. It's a damn shame. What a ****ing waste of an outstanding defense. A colossal ****ing waste. If we had even the ok offenses from 03-05, we could do some really awesome things with this D. What a ****ing waste.
freak6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 10:37 PM   #79
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
All Hail King Midas

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,503

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiettiger View Post
You took the bait. Now you are going to get accused of supporting Griese. It's like Neo and Agent Smith with you two. It's inevitable.

I'll admit it... I supported Griese. I wish Shanahan would have dumbed down the offense for him like he's doing for Plummer. We might have had much better luck then. The nice thing is that Shanahan learns from his mistakes. The sad thing is, he gets a little gun shy to take risks that might repeat a mistake... which leads to more mistakes.

That's alright. I'm onboard with Shanahan, even if I have to wait to see our real quarterback take the field. We're winning now, so I'm ok with that. I'm worried that our derfense may be peaking early, and may need our offense to rescue them down the line, and the backlash that they'll get from those biased towards Jake.
Taco John is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 10:47 PM   #80
mosca
grand pubah
 
mosca's Avatar
 
honest optimism

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 1,951

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bubby Brister
Default

I love how everyone on here is an expert at predicting the future of the season. So many seem to have the attitude that, yeah, winning these 13-3 games based off of the tuff D we have is just okay, not great... ho-hum. More so, they're flat out pissed because they -know- for a 100% fact that we'll get beat down the line by some of the "better" teams or get beat in the playoffs again.

I wonder, if the team keeps playing this style of ball, reminiscent of the 2000 Baltimore squad, and wins a ring in the same fashion, will these same "fans" just brush off the SB victory and complain about how eventually our good D won't be enough to keep winning the following season?

Let's face it guys, the D is playing great, the O is playing like crap, but those things are not set in stone. Live for the now, enjoy the win and hope that the team can continually improve and have a good showing this post-season.
mosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 10:49 PM   #81
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster
 
Crushaholic's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Topeka, KS
Posts: 22,583

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse
Default

We are 4-1 with a two game lead on KC. WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!


I was hoping that SF would beat the Chargers. I knew it was wishful thinking, but I was hoping, anyway...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 10:59 PM   #82
Popps
TEAM FIRST.
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,801
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosca View Post
Let's face it guys, the D is playing great, the O is playing like crap, but those things are not set in stone. Live for the now, enjoy the win and hope that the team can continually improve and have a good showing this post-season.
Exactly. Maybe watching the games with my baby girl is making me soft or something, because I just don't have it in me to get too pissed off when we're 4-1 and have beaten two divisional rivals.

Had a great time today, as I have the last few weeks. I think there's great reason to be optimistic for this year, and going forward.

You have to enjoy the ride a little bit, because you don't always get to the destination in the NFL.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 11:00 PM   #83
enjolras
Ring of Famer
 
enjolras's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 7,694
Default

This game was a freaking replay of the Chiefs game... It was a game against a rookie QB in which Shannahan was determined to make that young QB win it. He's 2-2 in that situation this year... both times a highly conservative offensive gameplan worked.

I argued in week 2 that he wasn't protecting Plummer, merely trying to put the game on Huards shoulders... the Pats game the following week would seem to have indicated I was right. I think he did the same thing here tonight...

The key statistic in this game? The offense didn't turn the ball over once (the only turnover being on a return). Their rookie QB threw a key interception. Shannahan clearly beleived the Raiders couldn't execute under pressure and he was (again) right.

I've been gleefully laughing at the idiots in Dallas who think Tony Romo is going to be an upgrade over Bledsoe. The Cutler insanity in Bronco land is even worse.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 11:01 PM   #84
Drek
Ring of Famer
 
Drek's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 12,368
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosca View Post
I wonder, if the team keeps playing this style of ball, reminiscent of the 2000 Baltimore squad, and wins a ring in the same fashion, will these same "fans" just brush off the SB victory and complain about how eventually our good D won't be enough to keep winning the following season?

Let's face it guys, the D is playing great, the O is playing like crap, but those things are not set in stone. Live for the now, enjoy the win and hope that the team can continually improve and have a good showing this post-season.
I think everyone's real problem, and why so many are brushing off a 4-1 start, is that the offense, lead by Jake, really has been THAT BAD.

We should have put up 17 tonight, as Sapp should have given Plummer a TD pass early in the game, but that didn't happen, Cecil's bad. From there on out it was clear that Shanahan was putting the training wheels on for Jake.

I say there's something rotten in Denver when we're running on 3rd and long every chance we get. Its clear that Shanahan is putting the training wheels on Jake as soon as we get a lead now. That SHOULD scare people. Its one thing if we're just playing a protect the ball, slow it down offense where we run a lot and pass enough to keep the other team honest, but we didn't even do that tonight. The Raiders knew we were running every down, stacking the box, but just couldn't stop us enough because they suck that badly.

I don't expect the training wheels to be welded on to Jake though. Shanahan will give him chances to make more plays. I just wish we used this game as an opportunity to exercise those playmaking muscles when we had many, many chances. Instead we played it close to the vest. I can see Shanahan's reasoning, the last thing you want is a Jake INT at home against the Raiders, leading to the entire stadium chanting for Cutler and potentially blowing a game against the hated rivals. But it still scares the hell out of me that this offense hasn't gotten going all season long and when we face a team that we could potentially open the playbook up on we actually locked it down tighter than ever before.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 11:02 PM   #85
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
All Hail King Midas

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,503

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosca View Post
I love how everyone on here is an expert at predicting the future of the season. So many seem to have the attitude that, yeah, winning these 13-3 games based off of the tuff D we have is just okay, not great... ho-hum. More so, they're flat out pissed because they -know- for a 100% fact that we'll get beat down the line by some of the "better" teams or get beat in the playoffs again.

I wonder, if the team keeps playing this style of ball, reminiscent of the 2000 Baltimore squad, and wins a ring in the same fashion, will these same "fans" just brush off the SB victory and complain about how eventually our good D won't be enough to keep winning the following season?

Let's face it guys, the D is playing great, the O is playing like crap, but those things are not set in stone. Live for the now, enjoy the win and hope that the team can continually improve and have a good showing this post-season.


That's funny, because I love these "experts" who tell me that just because I look at what can be improved on our team, I'm not enjoying this win.

Of course, that's not what any of this is about. We can complain about a lack of pass rush, or criticize the quality of our offensive line until the cows come home after a win. We can bash our defensive coordinator, and we can rip our receivers all we want and not be accused of being bad fans after a win. But the micro-second we say something ill about Plummer, the "Good Fan Police" come out and start beating us down like we're Rodney King on crack at the policeman's ball.

This is just about covering for Plummer. But more than that, it's just about wanting desperately to be right about him after defending him all offseason, and resorting to low ball tactics like calling other Broncos fans bad fans for their unfavorable analysis of the guy.
Taco John is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 11:15 PM   #86
Popps
TEAM FIRST.
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,801
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
This is just about covering for Plummer. .
Plummer was an absolute non-issue tonight. I'm not sure why this could possibly have anything to do with him.

But, you just keep coming in here trying to crap on it, Taco. You can't help yourself.

By the way, I'm confident that if this defense played this way all season... Cutler could win a championship.

Furthermore, if Cutler is put in next weekend, I'll be thrilled to be rooting for him.

So, take your disturbing infatuation to one of the 300 other threads you've created about how much you hate our quarterback. It's just bizarre, dude.
But, you can't help yourself. Here comes another post to try to crap on the fun............
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 11:18 PM   #87
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

I like winning and I like our winning QB.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 01:06 AM   #88
Popps
TEAM FIRST.
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,801
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I like winning and I like our winning QB.
Wow, now I've got this Jesterhole (?) person leaving negative rep insults about my 4 month old daughter, and family.

That's taking being pissed about us winning to a new extreme.

Taco, any forum rules on people slandering your family for no apparent reason? Maybe stepping over a line, there? Just wondering. I kind of doubt that's why the rep feature was put in place.

Ahhh, the internet. Where tiny, weak people can hide behind a keyboard.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 01:08 AM   #89
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Wow, now I've got this Jesterhole (?) person leaving negative rep insults about my 4 month old daughter, and family.

That's taking being pissed about us winning to a new extreme.

Taco, any forum rules on people slandering your family for no apparent reason? Maybe stepping over a line, there? Just wondering. I kind of doubt that's why the rep feature was put in place.

Ahhh, the internet. Where tiny, weak people can hide behind a keyboard.
Nope, well atleast I didn't get anywhere with that complaint.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 01:12 AM   #90
Popps
TEAM FIRST.
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,801
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Nope, well atleast I didn't get anywhere with that complaint.
Wow, and I would have thought this was an isolated incident. This happened to you?

I wonder how bad of a hand life had to deal you to take it out on a 4 month old girl?

Not that I give a rat's ass, of course.... just seems like something a forum owner would want a lot of going on in today's climate.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 01:13 AM   #91
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer
 
NFLBRONCO's Avatar
 
Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Lafayette Colorado
Posts: 8,119
Default

I'm really happy to see DJ making plays this year. I think Elvis is going to help our pass rush too.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 01:21 AM   #92
Popps
TEAM FIRST.
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,801
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
I'm really happy to see DJ making plays this year. I think Elvis is going to help our pass rush too.
Our team-speed on D is always praised. But, we look particularly fast this year. You almost never see RBs getting outside on us. There's just ridiculous closing speed at almost every position aside from safety, and even those guys can hold their own. Lynch gets there on instinct.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 01:29 AM   #93
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 36,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Our team-speed on D is always praised. But, we look particularly fast this year. You almost never see RBs getting outside on us. There's just ridiculous closing speed at almost every position aside from safety, and even those guys can hold their own. Lynch gets there on instinct.
Lynch has been well-above-average if not great on his backside pursuit this season. He's also been improved in coverage. I have been impressed. I expected him to slip, but he's improved. He wants to win one this season.
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 01:31 AM   #94
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Wow, and I would have thought this was an isolated incident. This happened to you?

I wonder how bad of a hand life had to deal you to take it out on a 4 month old girl?

Not that I give a rat's ass, of course.... just seems like something a forum owner would want a lot of going on in today's climate.
It involved my child and was directed more towards me then my child, but uncool none the less. Water under the bridge I guess.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 01:35 AM   #95
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
All Hail King Midas

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,503

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Wow, now I've got this Jesterhole (?) person leaving negative rep insults about my 4 month old daughter, and family.

That's taking being pissed about us winning to a new extreme.

Taco, any forum rules on people slandering your family for no apparent reason? Maybe stepping over a line, there? Just wondering. I kind of doubt that's why the rep feature was put in place.

Ahhh, the internet. Where tiny, weak people can hide behind a keyboard.

Absolutely. 60 day ban the first time. IP ban the second.

His account is dead until December 1st. If he tries to log in under another username, I'll catch his IP, and yank it for good.
Taco John is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 01:36 AM   #96
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
All Hail King Midas

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,503

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Nope, well atleast I didn't get anywhere with that complaint.
I don't remember ever receiving a complaint from you on that.
Taco John is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 01:50 AM   #97
Popps
TEAM FIRST.
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,801
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Absolutely. 60 day ban the first time. IP ban the second.

His account is dead until December 1st. If he tries to log in under another username, I'll catch his IP, and yank it for good.
I figured that might not fly around here.

As dippy as you are about football, you run a very tight ship from a logistical standpoint.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 02:00 AM   #98
Kaylore
Because I am better
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 46,397

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Lynch gets there on instinct.
Actually it's just the wisdom of an intelligent veteran. Rookies run on instinct and talent. Veterans make plays on recognition and skill.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 02:23 AM   #99
Popps
TEAM FIRST.
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,801
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Actually it's just the wisdom of an intelligent veteran. Rookies run on instinct and talent. Veterans make plays on recognition and skill.
You say toMAto.

We're saying the same thing. He diagnoses plays before they happen, which allows him to get a step on things...making up for any speed he may be lacking at his age. (Though, he looks fast enough to me)

To me, it looks instinctual to him at this point, but yea... it's all based on experience.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 02:30 AM   #100
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Maryland
Posts: 17,795

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by labronx View Post
whoopsie freakin doo, we beat the Raiders at home 13-3!!

Jake Plummer PASSING 11/18 102 5.7 0 0
Jake Plummer RUSHING 6 30 5.0 0 19

Rod Smith 1 12 12.0 0 12

3rd down efficiency
5-11

Do you really think Shanahan has any confidence left in Plummer as an actual passer? He is making him one dimensional, He has turned him into an athlete playing QB. He has no confidence in him as a pure passer, let alone a WC Offense QB.It may be worse than Marty Ball. I guess Mike realizes that the D is really good esp. the secondary and the DL has improved in getting to the QB. The LBs are all Pro Bowl Caliber. Javon Walker is easily the number one receiver and with a real strong armed and accurate passer would be going to the Pro Bowl one year after tearing up his knee.

I have a hunch that it's painfully obvious to everyone in the organization RIGHT NOW during practices that Cutler is easily the WAY BETTER QB. By this point just judging by his mechanics, talent and his intagibles along with his natural coolness and poise in the pocket that he should be the one starting and can take over the reigns no problem.

The only reason why MS can't pull the plug on Plummer is because of player loyalty. I believe MS is purposely at this point handcuffing Plummer, MS gave him a chance and really let Mike down in the opener. The playbook has been dramatically scaled back since the STL game. MS lost total trust in Plummer, i bet he was shocked that Plummer came out and played so poor after his last showing in the AFCC and having a whole offseason to atleast improve his ability to go through his reads and make smart accurate throws.

MS is trying to make it a point that Cutler is ready to play and take over. He is smart enough to let the team make the decision for him. This type of offense is completely unacceptable for the type of standards Mike has established. Easily more anemic than even the Griese years.

No fire, no attack mentality, the bootleg has gotten old, since teams can take it away by just playing honest and waiting on Plummer to lead the D player to the ball.

MS is a really stubborn man, he knows that his approach may cost us a loss or two but he can't devide the team. Shanahan will replace Plummer before the season is over. Honestly he owes it to his players

Welcome to Marty ball. See Sig.
Northman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:10 AM.


Denver Broncos