The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Ring of Fame Threads
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2006, 09:44 PM   #51
freak6
Ring of Famer

Impeach President Cheney and Puppet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MJK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Bob View Post
And this shows Shanahan has no confidence left in Plummer as an actual passer how?
It doesn't. That was your reason that Shanny does have confidence in him. Just because Javon caught a Jake duck isolated 1 on 1 doesn't = confidence. lmao.

Observe the playcalling for my response as to Shanny's confidence in Jake.

Shanny is playing to our strengths. Ball control, and the Defense.

But the O has to produce to give the D a rest.

The freaking Oakland Raiders left points on the field tonite, that the Colts/Chargers/ and other teams this season and in the postseason will convert. NOT GOOD.

Last edited by freak6; 10-15-2006 at 09:46 PM..
freak6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 09:44 PM   #52
ClevelandBronco

I'm grinning from ear to ear over the win and laughing my butt off reading the words of the guys who are actually ticked off tonight.

I'll probably enjoy myself next week as well when the whole script will be replayed by the Broncos, their opponents and the wackos here who think they can outcoach Shanny.

In your ugly faces, Raiders!
ClevelandBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 09:47 PM   #53
listopencil
[sarcasm]text[/sarcasm]

BOOM! Winner.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Broncos FO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Just a quick question... Is it possible to be happy with a win, but still have criticism for uninspiring performance? I'm asking, because Kaylore started a thread ripping Foster, and I wanted to find out from the "Good Fan Committee" here whether Kaylore is a good fan or not.

Perhaps this thread is misnamed, and really should be "Thread for people who will cover Jake's ass no matter how uninspiring he looks," since that's all this is really about.

Sure, but when Plummer was dead on with quite a few of his short stuff throws that we needed to convert/score and the ball gets dropped who do you blame? When Plummer throws a ball up high (exactly where Walker asked him to throw it) and does for a long gain, why do so many dip****s only complain? When the coverage is there forcing Jake to make a play and he scrambles for a first down why do some people ignore it? I guess the grass is always greener over a septic tank.
listopencil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 09:51 PM   #54
Popps
It's so easy

Quote:
Just a quick question... Is it possible to be happy with a win, but still have criticism for uninspiring performance? I'm asking, because Kaylore started a thread ripping Foster, and I wanted to find out from the "Good Fan Committee" here whether Kaylore is a good fan or not.

Perhaps this thread is misnamed, and really should be "Thread for people who will cover Jake's ass no matter how uninspiring he looks," since that's all this is really about.
Actually, it's our defense I'm happy about. I thought Plummer looked pretty average tonight. Not really a story, either way. I've only posted that 30 times already tonight. I realize you are a one-trick pony, though.
It's the DEFENSE I'm happy about.

But, not that you'd listen to any logic.

Dude, just run along to your 300 other threads and enjoy pissing all over the team. There are plenty of threads for you and Bob to rip us after a win. Why do you feel the need to post on this thread? You just HAVE to try to crap on people's enjoyment of a win, huh?
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 09:54 PM   #55
Popps
It's so easy

Elvis has entered the building.

... there, I said it.
Old 10-15-2006, 09:54 PM   #56
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Actually, it's our defense I'm happy about. I thought Plummer looked pretty average tonight. Not really a story, either way. I've only posted that 30 times already tonight. I realize you are a one-trick pony, though.
It's the DEFENSE I'm happy about.

But, not that you'd listen to any logic.

Dude, just run along to your 300 other threads and enjoy pissing all over the team. There are plenty of threads for you and Bob to rip us after a win. Why do you feel the need to post on this thread? You just HAVE to try to crap on people's enjoyment of a win, huh?

I'm not sure what you're talking about. The only thing I've ripped tonight are ASU quarterbacks. Other than that, I'm pretty happy, though I thought our offensive line looked subpar. I do wish we had a quarterback whom our coaches could show some confidence in, but since that's not what we have right now, I'll just be happy with watching our tremendous defense do their thing, and bide my time until the playoffs when you're back to ripping them and calling for Coyer's head. You know it's only a matter of time until you dig that dagger in the defenses backs, so quit pretending.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 09:57 PM   #57
Popps
It's so easy

Quote:
I'm not sure what you're talking about. The only thing I've ripped tonight are ASU quarterbacks. Other than that, I'm pretty happy, though I thought our offensive line looked subpar. I do wish we had a quarterback whom our coaches could show some confidence in, but since that's not what we have right now, I'll just be happy with watching our tremendous defense do their thing, and bide my time until the playoffs when you're back to ripping them and calling for Coyer's head. You know it's only a matter of time until you dig that dagger in the defenses backs, so quit pretending.
... bla bla bla... I hate Jake... bla bla bla....

Dude, again... why bother with the thread? It's that important to you to piss on the parade, huh?
Old 10-15-2006, 09:59 PM   #58
freak6
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MJK

[QUOTE=listopencil;1313990]Why argue with the retarded? It's pointless but I'll give it a try. We had a ten point lead and our defense was almost pitching a shutout. The FG came off of a Darrent Williams fumble. [QUOTE]

Nice try Listo.

1. I'll go toe to toe with just about anyone on this board in football knowledge, and would trounce you.

2. I want us to win the SB.

3. This offense is not going to get it done vs teams like the Colts/Chargers and other competition in the playoffs. Not to mention our HC has no confidence in our QB.

4. I know this because the Raiders were in that game, and left points on the field that other teams will convert into points.

5. A ten point lead doesn't mean sht in the NFL. Only a fool like you and whatever tool tried to tell me we were hiding plays because we don't want other teams to see them on film would say something so stupid. It was the most conservative playcalling I have ever seen.

We are all in agreement the offense sucks.

The playcalling is so conservative because Shanny can't trust Jake not to fk up.

Mike Shanahan with any kind of decent QB will always go for the throat and end the fight.

But not with Jake. 13 pts per game.

Not gonna cut it.

But if you are happy with wearing this than so be it.

Old 10-15-2006, 10:00 PM   #59
snowspot66
Ring of Famer

What it comes down to is this. Those that hold out hope for Jake and the offense, like myself, are eternal optimists. We've seen the good and hope and cheer for it.

Those who bash Jake and the offense are pesemists. They jump on every little thing that goes wrong and bash it to death.

You know whats gonna change when Cutler becomes the QB? Nothing. Us optimists will go on and cheer for Cutler just as much as we ever did for Jake or Elway. We'll go on saying he's got the talent and ability it'll just be a little time before he gets in sync. The pesemists will go on bashing whenever a mistake is made. It won't be the same as with Jake of course. They'll give allowances for young mistakes but it will always be "Damnit Jay you've gotta improve there, do it fast man those mistakes are killing us! (leaving unsaid the fact that if he doesn't improve theyll be all over his ass in the end as well).

I hereby put for the suggestion that those of us who wish to wear the orange glasses and cheer with the hope of a 10 year old on Christmas have our own little subsection of the forum and the pesemistic bastards have their own little dungeon to b**** and moan in. (The sad thing is I'm only half joking/sarcastic about this suggestion).
snowspot66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 10:00 PM   #60
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

Funny how one side see's things different.

We are winning thats awesome. Bring on those Brownies.
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 10:04 PM   #61
Ray_Lewis'_Victim
Corpse

**** all you plummer haters out there. A win is a win is a win. How would Cutler be any better at handing the ball off to tatum 30x? I didn't like a few of Jake's dumbs to Tatum, but they weren't pics or sacs.

Shannahan called conservatively because he could. If our offense's job is only to chew up clock with tatum, that's fine with me. Shannahan knows way more than any of you dumb ****s, so tape it shut.
Ray_Lewis'_Victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 10:04 PM   #62
listopencil
[sarcasm]text[/sarcasm]

BOOM! Winner.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Broncos FO

Quote:
Originally Posted by freak6 View Post
1. I'll go toe to toe with just about anyone on this board in football knowledge, and would trounce you.

Bring it, dumbass. Enlighten us all. Because you haven't brought jack **** to date.
listopencil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 10:06 PM   #63
SprintRightOption
Back on track in 08

Quote:

Actually, Guy Who Trolls his Own Board, it's not covering Jake's ass when someone says this is the worst QB performace ever, or how could Cutler possibly do any worse, and someone else disagrees and says, yeah, this is how it could be worse, or someone disagrees with the wild ramblings of freak6.

There is a huge difference between being a Jake homer (of which noone lately truly is) and not thinking he's the worst QB of all time, or offering a factual statement to counter a unreasonable one. This is not a subtle difference. I know you understand that, but I thought I would say it out loud (metaphorically). There is a difference between being a Jake homer and not agreeing that he will never do anything positive to contribute to a win ever again. Yes, the offense is crappy right now. I think it will get better, and smacking the Raiders around is actually a good thing to me.

Anyway, Popps, listopencil, ClevelandBronco, Alleged Triggerman I agree with you guys absolutely.
SprintRightOption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 10:09 PM   #64
Popps
It's so easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowspot66 View Post
What it comes down to is this. Those that hold out hope for Jake and the offense, like myself, are eternal optimists. We've seen the good and hope and cheer for it.

Those who bash Jake and the offense are pesemists. They jump on every little thing that goes wrong and bash it to death.

You know whats gonna change when Cutler becomes the QB? Nothing. Us optimists will go on and cheer for Cutler just as much as we ever did for Jake or Elway. We'll go on saying he's got the talent and ability it'll just be a little time before he gets in sync. The pesemists will go on bashing whenever a mistake is made. It won't be the same as with Jake of course. They'll give allowances for young mistakes but it will always be "Damnit Jay you've gotta improve there, do it fast man those mistakes are killing us! (leaving unsaid the fact that if he doesn't improve theyll be all over his ass in the end as well).

I hereby put for the suggestion that those of us who wish to wear the orange glasses and cheer with the hope of a 10 year old on Christmas have our own little subsection of the forum and the pesemistic bastards have their own little dungeon to b**** and moan in. (The sad thing is I'm only half joking/sarcastic about this suggestion).
Why do you think I started a thread? It's kind of a shame what this place has become.

Even during the Griese days, you could at least count on some hi-fiving around here after a win. Now, it's all about people being right... crapping on other people's fun, etc.

Whatever. We're winning and playing lights-out defense.

If Jay Cutler is the starter next week, I'll root just as hard and love this team just as much... and you know what, if the D DOES play like this, hell... we might be able to win with a rookie.

But, that's a dead horse topic. Jake will remain the starter, and if this D plays like this all year, I expect big things.
Old 10-15-2006, 10:11 PM   #65
freak6
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MJK

Quote:
Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
Bring it, dumbass. Enlighten us all. Because you haven't brought jack **** to date.
Are you kidding me. I've been owning you and eveyone on this thread.

Popps has me on ignore because I have exposed his inability to accurately recant the reality of what happens on the field.

Listo, the Broncos offense sucks. Jake has played terribly this season. The playcalling is clearly conservative because of it. Our running game is outstanding. There is no excuse for the way Plummer has played, yet many of you keep coming up with BS like "we don't want to show our cards" lmao.

The Raiders were right there in that game. They left 13 pts on the field. A missed FG, the fumble, the int.

They could have beaten us tonite. A better team would have.

PARTY ON!!!!

I'm thrilled we won, but it was way to close. We are doomed in January.

Order yours now.

Old 10-15-2006, 10:12 PM   #66
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
... bla bla bla... I hate Jake... bla bla bla....

Dude, again... why bother with the thread? It's that important to you to piss on the parade, huh?

This is the people who enjoy winning thread, right?

Who has two thumbs and enjoys winnng?

*THIS GUY*

You must think this is the thread for people who are only interested in covering Jake's ass.
Old 10-15-2006, 10:14 PM   #67
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Why do you think I started a thread? It's kind of a shame what this place has become.

Even during the Griese days, you could at least count on some hi-fiving around here after a win. Now, it's all about people being right... crapping on other people's fun, etc.

Whatever. We're winning and playing lights-out defense.

If Jay Cutler is the starter next week, I'll root just as hard and love this team just as much... and you know what, if the D DOES play like this, hell... we might be able to win with a rookie.

But, that's a dead horse topic. Jake will remain the starter, and if this D plays like this all year, I expect big things.

Says the guy who used to piss all over wins when Griese was the quarterback...

quit pretending.
Old 10-15-2006, 10:15 PM   #68
Odysseus
Fan of the home team

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mark Schlereth

Quote:
Why argue with the blind?

It's 5 games in and this moron still watches the offense with his eyes closed, clearly.

Honestly Popps, are you blind.

Do you just listen to the commentators?

Can you change a diaper being blind?
I wonder whatever happened to that Maurice Clarett guy. He seemed like such a nice man. I wonder whatever happened to him? I remember some pretty heated debates FOR him. I wonder who was pimping that guy?
Odysseus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 10:17 PM   #69
freak6
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MJK

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
The worst thing is that this is going to be one big waste this year. It's a damn shame. What a ****ing waste of an outstanding defense. A colossal ****ing waste. If we had even the ok offenses from 03-05, we could do some really awesome things with this D. What a ****ing waste.
lmfao Listo.

I guess you, Popps, and O4L know more about football than me, Slap, SoCal...

Tell me again how we are hiding the real offense because we don't want to show all our plays for teams to study.

I said it once, I'll say it again dude. We haven't clinched HF yet, we didn't just play a meaningless game vs the Dolphins when we know we will be facing them in 2 weeks. Do you even know what I am referrring too?

OWNED
Old 10-15-2006, 10:17 PM   #70
Popps
It's so easy

Quote:

quit pretending.
I loved winning with Griese, and actually thought we had a good shot with him before the shoulder injury. But, when he became a total liability and quit on the team, I was done with him... like most people.

But, keep dwelling on the QB situation there, one-trick.

Old 10-15-2006, 10:18 PM   #71
freak6
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MJK

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiettiger View Post
I wonder whatever happened to that Maurice Clarett guy. He seemed like such a nice man. I wonder whatever happened to him? I remember some pretty heated debates FOR him. I wonder who was pimping that guy?
Not me quiet. I was shocked we picked him up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
The worst thing is that this is going to be one big waste this year. It's a damn shame. What a ****ing waste of an outstanding defense. A colossal ****ing waste. If we had even the ok offenses from 03-05, we could do some really awesome things with this D. What a ****ing waste.
I'm still holding out hope that the O comes around, but nothing different has happened through 5 games, and it was the same old BS vs the WORST TEAM IN THE NFL...

Hope is dwindling fast for this offense.

Last edited by freak6; 10-15-2006 at 10:20 PM..
Old 10-15-2006, 10:18 PM   #72
Popps
It's so easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiettiger View Post
Old 10-15-2006, 10:21 PM   #73
SprintRightOption
Back on track in 08

Quote:
Are you kidding me. I've been owning you and eveyone on this thread.
You know guy, it is an immutable law of the internet that someone who repeatedly says "I am pwning you!" or "Another excuse shot down!" in an argument is pretty much NEVER winning.

You have almost convinced me not to vote democratic in the election because anything you agree with by definition must be either dead wrong or absolutely insane. Thankfully, I don't make political decisions based on football boards, but do us all a favor and stop posting on this thread. There are many others that suit your special brand of blowhard histrionics.
SprintRightOption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 10:21 PM   #74
Odysseus
Fan of the home team

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mark Schlereth

Quote:

quit pretending.
You took the bait. Now you are going to get accused of supporting Griese. It's like Neo and Agent Smith with you two. It's inevitable.
Odysseus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 10:23 PM   #75
Barry Ramey
Ring of Famer

Good grief. Cutler is not goign to start unless Plummer gets hurt. No way a rookie QB is going to thrive in this offense. Shanahan is being conservative with his playcalling this year and that wouldn't change with Cutler. In fact, he's get even more conservative with a rookie QB. So people can stop dreaming about Cutler starting this year. I know people like him because he has a strong arm, but there's kind of more to the QB position than that.

Walker had the big catch of the night. Bell ran pretty well at times.

The TE is still not involved much in the passing game. That needs to change.

Sapp drops a sure TD pass. I'm sure the Plummer haters blame him for it of course. But anyway, Kyle Johnson rarely drops passes, surprised he wasn't in the game at that time.

The defense doesn't allow a TD yet again. They still leave too many receivers open playing that soft zone crap, but they clam down when they need to, though I'm afraid down the road a really good offense could pick apart that soft zone.

DJ Williams had a great game. Dumervil with his first sacks tonight.

Darrent with a nice punt return, then blows it by dropping the ball. Morgan with a nice kick return nullified by a penalty. Ernster had a solid game.

Nice win to get, a conference game at home you must win to have a chance at the division title.

Browns game could be tricky. I hope the Broncos come to play. They seemed asleep at times tonight for some reason.
Barry Ramey is offline   Reply With Quote