The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Ring of Fame Threads
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2006, 08:45 PM   #26
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Anyone who isn't happy about tonight should call themselves TO. "That Player" is only happy when he does good and doesn't care whether the team wins or loses.

Let me ask all you unhappy people, would you be pleased with Plummer's performance if his stats were 12/22 for 123 yards 0 TDs and 1 Int?

What if you substituted the name Elway for those same stats, would you be happy then?

(For those still confused... those are Elway's numbers from XXXII. I think we were ALL happy that night.)
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 08:52 PM   #27
listopencil
[sarcasm]text[/sarcasm]

BOOM! Winner.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Broncos FO

Quote:
Originally Posted by freak6 View Post
Jake Plummer is terrible. The passing game is terrible. Ernster looked like crap tonite. Everyone else was good to excellent.

We just got SHUT out in the 2nd half when we should have been shoveling dirt on the Raiders.

We are in trouble vs the Colts, Chargers, and in the Playoffs.

This should be titled...

THREAD FOR THOSE HAPPY ENOUGH TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS, THEN LOSE
Yeah, you're right. We are winning and we are tied for first place in the division (actually, we are in first because SD has a Conference loss and we don't) but we aren't winning pretty enough so we should give every team in the League a bunch of film to study. We should show them exactly what we are going to do on O so they can get fully prepared for us. That's how you win big games. You've earned a rarity. A smilie from me:

listopencil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 08:55 PM   #28
freak6
Ring of Famer

Impeach President Cheney and Puppet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MJK

Did we just play the 98 Packers? Or the 2006 Raiders.

Who had 8 false starts?

Who started an absolute scrub in Walter?

Who is 0 - the Season

Who has a terrible coach, terrible talent, no- cohesiveness...

The list is to long.

We were at home, we should be killing loser teams like that. The offense is gonna have to put up pts vs the Colts/Chargers etc...

Again.

Thread for those that enjoy Blue Balls.
freak6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 08:55 PM   #29
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange View Post
We need a thread for those who'd be happy if this team was 1-4 or 0-5 if it meant that Jay Cutler was starting.
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 08:55 PM   #30
SprintRightOption
Back on track in 08

37 points given up in 5 games. That's 7.4 points per game. THAT KICKS ASS!

And of those points, 3 tonight, 3 last week, and 6 against the Rams were on drives starting in or within 15 yards of FG range. 1 TD.

What's that? That's okay against the Raiders, but we will never beat a good team like that? Pats and Ravens, held to their worse offensive showing of the year. We can beat anyone, and the O will only score more that recently.

It must be so devastating to all the "fans" here who are crying. Another 10 point win, another faultless (if punchless) 2nd half by the offense. Cheer up, so called fans, your Colts are not on the bye next week, so you can root for them.
SprintRightOption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 09:03 PM   #31
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

wait...for people who enjoy winning or whining?
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 09:04 PM   #32
freak6
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MJK

Quote:
Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
Yeah, you're right. We are winning and we are tied for first place in the division (actually, we are in first because SD has a Conference loss and we don't) but we aren't winning pretty enough so we should give every team in the League a bunch of film to study. We should show them exactly what we are going to do on O so they can get fully prepared for us. That's how you win big games. You've earned a rarity. A smilie from me:

With this defense, "We should be un-defeated", said Tatum Bell.

Now you are trying to tell me that Shanahan is holding back the offense so we don't give them film to study....

bwaa haa haaa haaaaaaaaa

========---------- NEWSFLASH ----------==========

We haven't clinched homefield yet, and we didn't just play a meaningless game vs the Dolphins when we know we are going to see them in 2 weeks.

-------------UPDATE COMING IN OFF THE WIRE -----------

The Denver Broncos have been running the same plays for the last 8 years, except now they are more limited due to Jake the Mistake. The film goes back generations almost now.

You Sir earn ----

The most ridiculous excuse for Jake Plummer award, for stating

"We don't want to give the competition anything to study on film"

BWA HAAA HAAA HAAAAAAAAA
Old 10-15-2006, 09:07 PM   #33
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

i say until we aren't winning there isn't a problem. If we start losing games in bunches IE 3 out of 4, or 5 out 7 etc and we fall off the pace due to bad QB play then I say go with Cutler and see what he can do. But as long as you have 2 wins over division teams and are tied for 1st place no reason to panic.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 09:09 PM   #34
BlaK-Argentina
Pampita says...

... support your team!

I'm happy as hell. We played absolutely vanilla and won. I didn't think for a moment that we would lose.

I (still a rookie in the football department) could clearly see we were playing just to win, against a bad team that just doesn't have enough. Why would Shanahan throw the house at them and give film to other teams when he knew we could beat them with a vanilla gameplan?

I can't believe people are b****ing and don't realize that. This board is completely stupid sometimes.
BlaK-Argentina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 09:12 PM   #35
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintRightOption View Post
37 points given up in 5 games. That's 7.4 points per game. THAT KICKS ASS!

And of those points, 3 tonight, 3 last week, and 6 against the Rams were on drives starting in or within 15 yards of FG range. 1 TD.

What's that? That's okay against the Raiders, but we will never beat a good team like that? Pats and Ravens, held to their worse offensive showing of the year. We can beat anyone, and the O will only score more that recently.

It must be so devastating to all the "fans" here who are crying. Another 10 point win, another faultless (if punchless) 2nd half by the offense. Cheer up, so called fans, your Colts are not on the bye next week, so you can root for them.

Dude, I'm getting private messages from people, thanking me for starting this thread. It's surreal. Seriously, I can only hope that this board is not an accurate representation of the fan base. It's one thing to expect a lot from your team... it's another to rush to the board to b**** after every single win. I have no idea why people would bother if a win over K.C. and the rai_ers gives them NO pleasure.

Anyway, I agree... things look bright. Our offense looks anemic, but I just can't see that lasting. Our D looks brilliant, and I'm hoping that we're seeing real improvement, not just an illusion that is exposed later in the season.

This start is proof that you win with defense. I mean, our offense is struggling, and we've been winning games handily. THAT is the kind of defense you have to play to win a championship.

We're 4-1, unbeaten in the division/AFC and if we can get the offense chugging again, it''ll be another fun season. This team is all too aware of the collapses in the playoffs, so I'm hoping we'll learn from those mistakes.

The new additions on O and D seem to be filling in crucial voids. (3rd down receptions, big plays and pass-rush.)

Plus, I'll take winning ugly, any day. Winning scrappy games is a sign of a gutsy team.

Lot's of reason for hope.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 09:17 PM   #36
freak6
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MJK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Our offense looks anemic, but I just can't see that lasting.
Why argue with the blind?

It's 5 games in and this moron still watches the offense with his eyes closed, clearly.

Honestly Popps, are you blind.

Do you just listen to the commentators?

Can you change a diaper being blind?
Old 10-15-2006, 09:19 PM   #37
Bronco Bob
Tastee Freeze

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by labronx View Post

Do you really think Shanahan has any confidence left in Plummer as an actual passer?
Obviously, witness the 54 strike to Walker in good coverage.
Bronco Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 09:19 PM   #38
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man-Goblin View Post
wait...for people who enjoy winning or whining?
Don't worry, there are 400 of those threads. I just figured I'd start a thread for us weirdos who enjoy beating the rai_ers.

****, man... I remember a time when wins like that were all we had. I remember sitting as a lone Broncos fan among 100 Cowboys fans in a sports-bar 15 years ago, rooting my ass off for a win... as then we'd have a chance to make .500.

I'll always glow for a week after beating the rai_ers. Can't take that away from me.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 09:23 PM   #39
loborugger
lost in the ether

Did we finally get a FB???

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Its nice to win. Always nice to win. Always nice to beat the Raiders. The game play looked unispired all around. Even our D looked a little flat. Only the fans seemed amped. It was a boring game, to be blunt. But, in the end, we beat the Raiders.
loborugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 09:24 PM   #40
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

lol, why are people whining in this thread, this is the Winning thread, go pout in all the "pummer sucks" threads about our win.
ludo21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 09:24 PM   #41
freak6
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MJK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Bob View Post
Obviously, witness the 54 strike to Walker in good coverage.
Um, that was a play action pass that drew up the Safety. Javon ran a corner post isolated against a Cornerback that had to protect the endzone and play behind Javon.

Actually, he showed to much respect for Jake's armstrength, but anyway, he bit on the corner fake. Then Javon went to the post and was able to position himself, and

JUST LIKE ASHLEY LELIE BEFORE HIM

Signal for a fair catch, tie his shoelaces, find the cure for cancer, and then use his body to BOX OUT the corner and make the catch.
Old 10-15-2006, 09:26 PM   #42
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Quote:

It's 5 games in and this moron still watches the offense with his eyes closed, clearly.

Honestly Popps, are you blind.

Do you just listen to the commentators?

Can you change a diaper being blind?
That's only 5 games that Plummer has had to adjust to all the new receivers - mainly Javon, Sheffler and to a lesser extent Kircus (and I saw Marshall out on the field today).

Or do you think that offense doesn't need to have timing and feel for where the players will be?
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 09:27 PM   #43
wyobronco
Gradishar for HOF

Maybe the fat man again?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brandon Stokely

I'm not making excuses for Plummer, but I do see reasons to hope for an offense that will improve week by week. Other than Rod, Jake has almost no targets back from last year. In the NFL, the passing game is all about chemistry. He needs to develop a rapport with Javon, Kircus and Marshall. Sheffler is the new TE threat, and Bell has never been a productive target out of the backfield. It takes time to develop the timing and chemistry. I think they will get more and more effective as they work together week by week.

By the way, this is the same thing with Denver's defense. They played well at times together last year, but they are really starting to gel this year. I look for more of the same as the season wears on.
wyobronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 09:27 PM   #44
minibronco
KFFL Writer/Fantasy Scout

Defense: 11 Strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZE View Post
Game ball goes to the DEFENSE again! I'm very impressed with Coyer's Defense. 1 TD allowed in 5 games now. Isn't that some sort of record?
If i did my math right, that's a 1.7% rate (1 touchdown / 51 drives) and that earns us a medal.
minibronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 09:30 PM   #45
Bronco Bob
Tastee Freeze

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

Quote:
Um, that was a play action pass that drew up the Safety. Javon ran a corner post isolated against a Cornerback that had to protect the endzone and play behind Javon.

Actually, he showed to much respect for Jake's armstrength, but anyway, he bit on the corner fake. Then Javon went to the post and was able to position himself, and

JUST LIKE ASHLEY LELIE BEFORE HIM

Signal for a fair catch, tie his shoelaces, find the cure for cancer, and then use his body to BOX OUT the corner and make the catch.
And this shows Shanahan has no confidence left in Plummer as an actual passer how?
Bronco Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 09:32 PM   #46
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Good thread.

We are 4-1 and playing some pretty good defense.

The offense has a lot of room to improve for sure.

We just beat a division rival on Sunday night.

Myself, I am enjoying the win.
SouthStndJunkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 09:38 PM   #47
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Just a quick question... Is it possible to be happy with a win, but still have criticism for uninspiring performance? I'm asking, because Kaylore started a thread ripping Foster, and I wanted to find out from the "Good Fan Committee" here whether Kaylore is a good fan or not.

Perhaps this thread is misnamed, and really should be "Thread for people who will cover Jake's ass no matter how uninspiring he looks," since that's all this is really about.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 09:39 PM   #48
listopencil
[sarcasm]text[/sarcasm]

BOOM! Winner.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Broncos FO

Quote:

Why argue with the retarded? It's pointless but I'll give it a try. We had a ten point lead and our defense was almost pitching a shutout. The FG came off of a Darrent Williams fumble. The benefit of having a stifling D is that you don't have to take as many gambles on O. If our team was run by a retarded fuqtard then yes, we would have gone all out for absolutely no reason and thrown the ball around more. But, because our Head Coach isn't a mouth breathing, inbred dip**** we didn't make that ignorant mistake. Instead we tightened up and played ball control. We increased protection and ran safe plays. Those safe plays have less of a chance of success but what happened when our O didn't convert? Time was run off the clock and our D kept stopping them. Eventually time ran out and we were ahead. In case you didn't catch that, that means we won the game dumbass. Amazing, isn't it? I suppose you still have a little ball of hate for Sapp though, right? He dropped a sure TD. The ball was well thrown. I'm sure you are still annoyed by all of the drips tonight, right? And the protection problems we had with Foster raises your ire...right? Naaah! Just do what every other lobotomised DEN fan does and blame the QB.

...and what else happens? When we run basic plays as often as possible then the esoteric ones we pull out of our butts work better later on. Why is that? Oh, why bother asking you. You're too ****ing stupid to figure it out. It's because they are unexpected. As in, when other coaching staffs watch our game films they don't get a big clue as to what we plan on doing. The less our O does to win a game the better unless we score on standard plays. I guess that doesn't sit well for ADD-afflicted attention whores such as yourself. You're getting fidgety because you don't understand some of the basic concepts involved in winning a football game. Don't worry there is a league out there for you. It's called the AFL. Look into it. Watch it. Then you won't have to be bothered by putting up with a real NFL football game. Idiot.
listopencil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 09:41 PM   #49
freak6
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MJK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
That's only 5 games that Plummer has had to adjust to all the new receivers - mainly Javon, Sheffler and to a lesser extent Kircus (and I saw Marshall out on the field today).

Or do you think that offense doesn't need to have timing and feel for where the players will be?
Oh, now it is because he has new recievers running the same damn routes in the Jake has been throwing to for 4 seasons now? Rod Smith, heard of him. Jake has thrown 3 ints forcing balls to Rod, is it because Rod doesn't know how to run a route, or in 4 years they just don't have thier timing down.

New recievers is no excuse. It is week 5. They have had HUNDREDS of hours to get timing down on the practice field. Nice try.

Another pathetic excuse SHOT DOWN.
Old 10-15-2006, 09:43 PM   #50
Alleged Triggerman
Rigger!

Evolving.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kyle Orton

Goddamn some of you whiny-bees are annoying. This is a DENVER BRONCOS forum.

Try this one on for size doom and gloom losers: We win. Me happy.
repeat.

Now shut the **** up and take you b****-titted pieholes outta here. No one wants your arm-chair quarterbacking here. Hell, READ THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD! If your opinion mattered you'd be coaching, not fisting your keyboards.

Thank you.
Good day.
Go away.
Alleged Triggerman is offline   Reply With Quote