The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Announcements, Features and Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2006, 09:48 PM   #1
Bronco_Beerslug
Angling in the Deep

Default What Are The Rules???

So it appears different moderators enforce different rules, just what are they? Does it depend on who authors the thread whether it's moved or not? I posted the sports story of week (maybe the year) and it was moved to the dungeons within 10 minutes but another mod seen fit to move a political thread to the main forum that has stayed here for days. So it's more than apparent there is some type of bias going on considering I and everyone else was told that nothing BUT NFL football was allowed on the main page.

Last edited by Bronco_Beerslug; 10-06-2006 at 10:21 PM..
Bronco_Beerslug is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2006, 09:52 PM   #2
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

You'll do what you are told. That is the rule. Beeatch.
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 10:09 PM   #3
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

Baseball is boring, thats rule 1.
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 10:12 PM   #4
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

I hear ya man. Let mock start one of his drunken rampages on this board and it stays put. Or let bob start up a thread that is purely there for baiting, and it stays.

I'm guessing it's a matter of 'what mood the mod is in' at the time they see the threads.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 10:21 PM   #5
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

THis thread belongs here.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 10:23 PM   #6
Bronco_Beerslug
Angling in the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec View Post
THis thread belongs here.
Why, so it can die with every other thread there? I thought you considered me as Satan and had me on ignore?
Old 10-06-2006, 10:32 PM   #7
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Actually, I'd like to know as well. A little consistancy from the moderators would be appreciated.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 10:32 PM   #8
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco_Beerslug View Post
So it appears different moderators enforce different rules, just what are they?
It rubs the lotion on its skin. It does this whenever it is told.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 10:38 PM   #9
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Ask the moderator that moved it. I had a thread that had great entertainment potential moved the other day, and I simply asked Pez why he moved it. His explanation was reasonable. I didn't really agree with it, but he answered respectfully and his answer had some merit.

As for other threads that aren't moved - moving certain people's threads could turn into a full-time job. It's like telling your child time and time again to clean his room. At some point, it's tempting to just give up.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 10:39 PM   #10
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Actually, I'd like to know as well. A little consistancy from the moderators would be appreciated.
Consistency is hard to ask for from paid employee's and you want it from volunteers?

Im happy with all the thread movings except Bob threads which all belong in the Horses Ass IMO.
Old 10-06-2006, 10:50 PM   #11
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I suspect the different mods have might have some differences in what they think is movable. I've seen some slightly off topic threads get moved immediately and then someone like Mock will start something that says right in the post he knows it's not for the main page and yet it remains. If its as simple as "we move it when we feel like it" then that's fine. I'm just curious what the rule is.

Last edited by Kaylore; 10-06-2006 at 11:39 PM..
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 11:02 PM   #12
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

This place does not have any rules, just guide lines.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 11:03 PM   #13
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I suspect the different mods have might have some differences in what they think in movable. I've seen some slightly off topic threads get moved immediately and then someone like Mock will start something that says right in the post he knows it's not for the main page and yet it remains. If its as simple as "we move it when we feel like it" then that's fine. I'm just curious what the rule is.
Some mods dont move threads often.

I dont think Blueflame has moved many threads. Garcia and Pez on the other hand have no problem. Garcia is merge happy too.

Not sure exactly what SoCal does around here as far as moderation. Old Dude either for that matter.

Taco seems to do what he can when he can. That's the closest to a compliment I can give him without feeling dirty.
Old 10-06-2006, 11:05 PM   #14
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

During the bye week, I personally was a little lax on moving threads, but as the game nears, I've been a little more vigilant about moving off topics to off topic forums.

As far as the baseball thread goes, I have no problem with seeing it moved to the baseball forum. I didn't do it, but might have if it were me who ran across it. There's a good group of die hard baseball fans that make it into that forum on a daily basis. It might not be a busy in there as it is in here, but the quality of conversation in there is top notch.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 11:37 PM   #15
DeusExManning
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Why, so it can die with every other thread there? I thought you considered me as Satan and had me on ignore?
Alec has so many people on ignore that I am surprised he sees any messages on this board.
DeusExManning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 11:49 PM   #16
ak1971
uhhhh

speaking of off topic I have 5 tickets to the sorry buffs tomorrow.

sec 101.....pm me if you want them otherwise im wiping my ass with them
ak1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 12:15 AM   #17
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec View Post
Some mods dont move threads often.

I dont think Blueflame has moved many threads. Garcia and Pez on the other hand have no problem. Garcia is merge happy too.

Not sure exactly what SoCal does around here as far as moderation. Old Dude either for that matter.

Taco seems to do what he can when he can. That's the closest to a compliment I can give him without feeling dirty.
If I happen to see a baseball thread... or a hockey thread... or a clearly off-topic thread on the main board, I'll move it to the correct forum. Today, I chased down the thread about Alk's new twin granddaughters and moved it to the "Maniac Community" board to keep it from getting lost in the archives.

I've moved Mock threads and Bob threads, too...
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 12:33 AM   #18
Bronco_Beerslug
Angling in the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
During the bye week, I personally was a little lax on moving threads, but as the game nears, I've been a little more vigilant about moving off topics to off topic forums.

As far as the baseball thread goes, I have no problem with seeing it moved to the baseball forum. I didn't do it, but might have if it were me who ran across it. There's a good group of die hard baseball fans that make it into that forum on a daily basis. It might not be a busy in there as it is in here, but the quality of conversation in there is top notch.
This explains nothing considering a political thread was moved to the main forum. So what are rules, are there any, or does depend on who authors the thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
If I happen to see a baseball thread... or a hockey thread... or a clearly off-topic thread on the main board, I'll move it to the correct forum. Today, I chased down the thread about Alk's new twin granddaughters and moved it to the "Maniac Community" board to keep it from getting lost in the archives.

I've moved Mock threads and Bob threads, too...
This is pretty much BS as the political gambling thread has languished here for days. Or is there some bias connected with what threads remain and which don't?

Last edited by Bronco_Beerslug; 10-07-2006 at 12:46 AM..
Old 10-07-2006, 12:44 AM   #19
Pick Six
Armchair Poster

I don't know what "political" thread Beerslug was referring to, but I've seen news threads on the main page if it is big enough news and EVERYONE is talking about it...
Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 12:51 AM   #20
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
This explains nothing considering a political thread was moved to the main forum. So what are rules, are there any, or does depend on who authors the thread?

This is pretty much BS as the political gambling thread has languished here for days. Or is there some bias connected with what threads remain and which don't?
Sports gambling does affect football as well as other sports and for that reason a valid argument could be made that it is relevant to the main forum. It's not all that different from a thread about the Broncos being favored (or underdogs) by "x" number of points... or, for that matter, the threads about the odds Vegas gives at the beginning of the season of the Broncos (or any other team) winning the SB. Also, the thread in question has attracted enough interest to have 170 replies, hardly what I'd describe as "languishing"...
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 12:51 AM   #21
Bronco_Beerslug
Angling in the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
I don't know what "political" thread Beerslug was referring to, but I've seen news threads on the main page if it is big enough news and EVERYONE is talking about it...
It's not too hard to figure out since I've named it numerous times.

Tonight the Tigers beat the Yankees to take a 2-1 lead in the series. This might be the biggest sports story of the year but apparently Mocks drunken rants and Bill Frist's religious agenda is more important and rates main forum status.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
Sports gambling does affect football as well as other sports and for that reason a valid argument could be made that it is relevant to the main forum. It's not all that different from a thread about the Broncos being favored (or underdogs) by "x" number of points... or, for that matter, the threads about the odds Vegas gives at the beginning of the season of the Broncos (or any other team) winning the SB. Also, the thread in question has attracted enough interest to have 170 replies, hardly what I'd describe as "languishing"...
Really, who moved it to the main forum? I challenge anyone to show Bill Frist's conservative agenda is more related to NFL football or sports in general than the baseball playoffs!!!!

And that thread is about online poker not NFL football betting as anyone who read it would see immediately.

Last edited by Bronco_Beerslug; 10-07-2006 at 01:05 AM..
Old 10-07-2006, 01:06 AM   #22
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
What about my explination did you have a hard time understanding? You think that I've got my mods looking for your threads so they can pounce on them and move them whenever they come across them? We're pretty laid back here for the most part. I'm not cracking rulers over my mods knuckles when they piss you off, that's for sure.

They have some hard and fast rules over at the Denver Broncos forum. Maybe you'd feel more at home there.

Last edited by Taco John; 10-07-2006 at 01:11 AM..
Old 10-07-2006, 01:08 AM   #23
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Really, who moved it to the main forum? I challenge anyone to show Bill Frist's conservative agenda is more related to NFL football or sports in general than the baseball playoffs!!!!

And that thread is about online poker not NFL football betting as anyone who read it would see immediately.

I moved it to the main forum. I know that there are a lot of sports bettors in this forum, given that there are so many threads about game odds and action here every week.
Old 10-07-2006, 01:09 AM   #24
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
I accept your challenge:

http://www.bodog.com/sports-betting/nfl-football.jsp

Now can you show me how the baseball playoffs are related to the NFL?
Old 10-07-2006, 01:14 AM   #25
Bronco_Beerslug
Angling in the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Are you demanding hard and fast rules or something? What about my explination did you have a hard time understanding? You think that I've got my mods looking for your threads so they can pounce on them and move them whenever they come across them? We're pretty laid back here for the most part. I'm not cracking rulers over my mods knuckles when they piss you off, that's for sure.

They have some hard and fast rules over at the Denver Broncos forum. Maybe you'd feel more at home there.
Ah, I had a feeling this would be coming from you. Why don't you step back and remember what you told me last month.

NO threads that aren't BRONCO or NFL related are allowed.
You moved the Bill Frist thread because YOU PLAY HOLDEM.

Not because it's related to the NFL or the Broncos but it's your place and do what you will. And go ahead and carry out your threat if it makes you feel better.