The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Announcements, Features and Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2006, 10:06 PM   #26
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards
 
Rock Chalk's Avatar
 
Laus Deo

Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: The Backside of the Internet
Posts: 29,721

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

I posted this in the photoshop forum but figured Id get better feedback here. Still got some tweaking to do, but this is where I am at right now.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 11:58 PM   #27
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams
 
ludo21's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 20,076

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster
Default

that is sweet Alec, good job
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 12:22 AM   #28
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
All Hail King Midas

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,598

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

A very worthy submission! Nice job man.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 12:26 AM   #29
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 24,315

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

The buttons and embossment are tacky by today's standards. It could be more simple and professional.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 01:02 AM   #30
Lev Vyvanse
Ring of Famer
 
Lev Vyvanse's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 3,044
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
The buttons and embossment are tacky by today's standards. It could be more simple and professional.
I'm waiting to see yours.
Lev Vyvanse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 01:16 AM   #31
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 24,315

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

I'm doing a complete and total re-vamp of the design since I wasn't very fond with the template to begin with (no offense to TJ) and going with scales that are being touted by a lot of designers out there today. Sleek, unique and simple. Something easy on the eyes and something that wouldn't make an epileptic have a seizure.

I feel pretty good about what I'm doing, but we'll see how it turns out. Usually, if I'm doing a design and work on it too long -- I totally erase it.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 04:29 AM   #32
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
All Hail King Midas

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,598

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

No offense taken... I'm excited to see what everyone comes up with.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 07:45 AM   #33
Orange_Beard
Over Jay Cutler
 
Orange_Beard's Avatar
 
Todd Snider Rules!

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Leucadia, CA
Posts: 7,790

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Scheffler
Default

alec, I think that Tatum Bell picture is very cool, however it just kind of hangs out on the side. It looks like you came up with a cool graphic that just tryed to add it some where.

my 2 cents.
Orange_Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 07:59 AM   #34
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards
 
Rock Chalk's Avatar
 
Laus Deo

Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: The Backside of the Internet
Posts: 29,721

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange_Beard View Post
alec, I think that Tatum Bell picture is very cool, however it just kind of hangs out on the side. It looks like you came up with a cool graphic that just tryed to add it some where.

my 2 cents.
Underneath I was going to have player stats, kinda like denverbroncos.com does. I have several images for TJ for that purpose on a rotating script if he chose it.

Bronco News is a drop down menu, the forum links have rollovers. The right side needs tweaking mostly because TJ has ads and I wasnt sure what he wanted there.

Requiem, nice constructive criticism, in a half assed non helpful sort of way.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 09:53 AM   #35
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 24,315

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

You Stoles All Mah Ideass>a>s>as>>
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 11:56 AM   #36
Orange_Beard
Over Jay Cutler
 
Orange_Beard's Avatar
 
Todd Snider Rules!

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Leucadia, CA
Posts: 7,790

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Scheffler
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec View Post
Underneath I was going to have player stats, kinda like denverbroncos.com does. I have several images for TJ for that purpose on a rotating script if he chose it.

Bronco News is a drop down menu, the forum links have rollovers. The right side needs tweaking mostly because TJ has ads and I wasnt sure what he wanted there.

Requiem, nice constructive criticism, in a half assed non helpful sort of way.
ahh, that makes sense. Content would fill that section out.
Orange_Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 06:03 PM   #37
JBucc
_l_(**)_l_
 
JBucc's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 48
Default

Did it take anyone else like 4 minutes to find the discussion button?
JBucc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 06:21 PM   #38
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards
 
Rock Chalk's Avatar
 
Laus Deo

Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: The Backside of the Internet
Posts: 29,721

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBucc View Post
Did it take anyone else like 4 minutes to find the discussion button?
No, but thats mainly because Im old skool and knew where the main discussion forums were at and what it would be called. That's an excellent point however, and something TJ will probably need to address, the user friendliness of the main page for new users.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 06:35 PM   #39
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
All Hail King Midas

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,598

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

good feedback...
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 08:47 PM   #40
Bronco_Beerslug
Angling in the Deep
 
Bronco_Beerslug's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Texas Riviera, Southern Mountains
Posts: 24,226
Default

Most monitors display at least 1280x1024 these days and this is how the page looks at this resolution (not covering the whole page)

---------------------------------------------
Firefox

IE

Opera
Bronco_Beerslug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 10:07 PM   #41
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
All Hail King Midas

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,598

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco_Beerslug View Post
Most monitors display at least 1280x1024 these days

Acutally, that's incorrect. Only about 15% of users right now display at that resolution. The majority are displaying at 1024 x 768.

Last edited by Taco John; 10-05-2006 at 10:09 PM..
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 05:47 AM   #42
Bronco_Beerslug
Angling in the Deep
 
Bronco_Beerslug's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Texas Riviera, Southern Mountains
Posts: 24,226
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Acutally, that's incorrect. Only about 15% of users right now display at that resolution. The majority are displaying at 1024 x 768.
What I'm meant is monitors sold these days just about all display at the higher resolutions. CRTs are dying a slow death in lieu of flat screens. Wide screens (1680x1050) are becoming more common too.

Last edited by Bronco_Beerslug; 10-06-2006 at 05:58 AM..
Bronco_Beerslug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 10:49 AM   #43
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
All Hail King Midas

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,598

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco_Beerslug View Post
What I'm meant is monitors sold these days just about all display at the higher resolutions. CRTs are dying a slow death in lieu of flat screens. Wide screens (1680x1050) are becoming more common too.


Yes, but not enough people are buying them yet to justify designing at that screen resolution. For the last five years, one of my clients has been an LCD manufacturer, so I've got a lot of research in the field. While it's true that things are trending in that direction, they've still got a long way to go before web designers can justify designing in that resolution. There are almost as many people still using 800 x 600 as there are using 1280 x 1024 or higher.

I suspect that 1024 x 768 will be the web design standard of the foreseeable future.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 12:47 PM   #44
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards
 
Rock Chalk's Avatar
 
Laus Deo

Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: The Backside of the Internet
Posts: 29,721

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post

I suspect that 1024 x 768 will be the web design standard of the foreseeable future.
You are probably right as it is the PREFERRED resolution regardless of how high the monitor is capable of displaying.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 01:47 PM   #45
Billy Clyde Puckett
Billy=Semi Tough Big Guy
 
Billy Clyde Puckett's Avatar
 
Looking down on KC, SD and Oakland

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: between 5,000 and 10,000 feet elevation
Posts: 12,480

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Elway
Default

How about putting a link to the home page on the forum link drop down?
Billy Clyde Puckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 02:12 PM   #46
Tredici
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 9,948
Default

Anxious to see what all our photo shopper's come up with. I really like the current logo but under the Main Discussion Header the logo is shrunk down so small you no longer really see the horse. Every time I open up the front page I think, why is the Calgary Flames' logo in front of all the message boards?

Tredici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 02:57 PM   #47
Bronco_Beerslug
Angling in the Deep
 
Bronco_Beerslug's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Texas Riviera, Southern Mountains
Posts: 24,226
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Yes, but not enough people are buying them yet to justify designing at that screen resolution. For the last five years, one of my clients has been an LCD manufacturer, so I've got a lot of research in the field. While it's true that things are trending in that direction, they've still got a long way to go before web designers can justify designing in that resolution. There are almost as many people still using 800 x 600 as there are using 1280 x 1024 or higher.

I suspect that 1024 x 768 will be the web design standard of the foreseeable future.
Isn't it possible to design pages that fit almost all resolutions? I'm not a designer so I don't know how that works but I read something about that before I believe.

Just doing a quick check I see Extremeskins and FinHeaven doesn't but ChiefsPlanet does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tredici View Post
Anxious to see what all our photo shopper's come up with. I really like the current logo but under the Main Discussion Header the logo is shrunk down so small you no longer really see the horse. Every time I open up the front page I think, why is the Calgary Flames' logo in front of all the message boards?

This little guy you mean?


Last edited by Bronco_Beerslug; 10-06-2006 at 03:09 PM..
Bronco_Beerslug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 03:40 PM   #48
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 24,315

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default



A little something I came up with quick, not big and bulky like the current template is, would be centered in all browers and work with all resolutions, also have ideas for re-doing for forum and having one of my own "skins" for that, so the current forums look like they're a part of the main page. Nothing is finalize, but that's a temportary and contemporary solution to the logo/header here on the site. Anyone looking from ideas should hit up CSS Beauty, etc. sites like that. Good inspiration.

Might have some ideas in store for the back of it, perhaps some players faded in the back. . . we'll see. Still in it's infancy, but I like simplicity and clear cut text over images that are bulky. Considering that the OM is posting a lot of articles and information, I figured it'd be a design would be apt to fit around that scheme rather than against it. I think the current design now goes against that idea, but we'll see how things turn out. Maybe some of the others who are designing could show a little of what they're doing.

There has to be more submissions.

Last edited by Requiem; 10-06-2006 at 03:46 PM..
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 11:18 PM   #49
Archie
R Gang
 
Archie's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Longmont, CO
Posts: 1,160

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Keith Bishop
Default

Yeah - nice job TJ.... I've been super busy lately so missing my daily fix many times. I was like blown away when I logged in today. This will be good. (Although I was freaked until I found the fourms).
Archie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 04:36 PM   #50
BroncsRule
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,011

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

There's some really good content on the front page!

Major props to all involved!

The "skin" is secondary to me - I care about content. The look & feel can be all slick and modern, but if there's no meat on them bones - fughetaboutit!

The quality of the submissions is really brilliant!

Congrats TJ.
BroncsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:21 PM.


Denver Broncos