The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NBA & NCAA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2006, 06:50 PM   #1
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Default Nuggets to sign Bonzi Wells?

http://www.hoopsworld.com/

You have to be a member to read the whole article, but it's there on the front page that Wells may sign a short-term (read, one year) deal with the Nuggets.

So much for my thought about cutting down on the headcases after Patterson was traded. Bonzi is a pretty decent scorer and he might even be on his best behavior on a one year deal (with the idea of getting a longer, more lucrative contract next summer), but the fact remains that he's a member of the NBA's all-problem child team. He's got attitude issues galore and I don't see him changing now. Between he and Kenyon, this team could be headed for a full-scale meltdown at some point this year.

Still, even if he doesn't pan out, his expiring contract would be moveable at the trade deadline, if nothing else.

Stay tuned.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2006, 07:43 PM   #2
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Can we even afford him? I thought everybody was on his jock after his performance in the playoffs for Sacramento? Or am I thinking of somebody else?
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 07:50 PM   #3
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU
Can we even afford him? I thought everybody was on his jock after his performance in the playoffs for Sacramento? Or am I thinking of somebody else?
They've still got the MLE. If they use it on Wells, say goodbye to Reggie Evans.

You're not wrong, he was supposed to be one of the hottest free agents this offseason. Despite how well he played in Sacramento, it appears that teams haven't forgotten that he's still Bonzi Wells and no one wants to commit to him long term. Can't say I blame them.
Old 08-25-2006, 10:58 PM   #4
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

I saw the full article posted elsewhere, but I'll refrain from posting it here because I believe it falls under the same guidelines as insider content.

What I can post is that it said that it would be a 1 year deal worth $3 million.
Old 08-25-2006, 11:47 PM   #5
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Meh, none of the higher ups care about basketball threads. I posted every insider mock draft over the summer. Although now the account I was using for insider accounts is now expired.

In other words, post away!
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 01:01 AM   #6
Namy
Just Drafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

NO

He is not waht we need.
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 08:21 PM   #7
rubaiyat
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namy View Post
NO

He is not waht we need.
Agreed. He is a decent low-post player for a wing, but that isn't what we need.

We need people to spread the court...at least 2 shooters, one a starter.

At this point...man I wish we had just unloaded Kenyon+Watson for Penny+garbage.

Could have made a run at a shooter, though there wasn't much out there this year.

I just hope we didn't overpay for Nene....given what Gooden and Wilcox ended up costing.
rubaiyat is offline   Reply With Quote