The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NBA & NCAA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2006, 11:24 PM   #1
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson
Default Carmelo Anthony Appreciation Thread

I know it was discussed in the other thread, but holy ****ing ****... That was quite a display against Italy.

I mean, it was just raining 3's from Carmelo. Everything he threw up he made. And to think, he missed like 3 or 4 FT's. He could of had 40.

As much as I hate watching sporting events to which I know the outcome (unless it's a huge game -- SuperBowl, The Drive, Nugs over Sonics, etc), that was well worth watching the tape delay just now on ESPN2.

I know Nuggs fans have seen this before, and hell, we've seen him go off for 40+, I believe his career high is what, 45? But that was something special in Japan.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2006, 06:27 AM   #2
BroncoMatt
The Blizzard Man

Check My Style Out

missed teh game, don't know any of the stats but I don't need any motivation to participate in a Carmelo appreciation thread.
BroncoMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 10:25 AM   #3
Master___Pain
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rock Hoover

Melo was awesome, hopefully in translates in to even more growth during the NBA season. How's his rebounding been in the FIBA tourney? That's where he can make the greatest strides.
Master___Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 11:23 AM   #4
usedupbraids
Perennial Pro-bowler

salute till the death.......

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rick Upchurch

USA will get the gold this year MR K has it down packed
usedupbraids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 10:19 PM   #5
Namy
Just Drafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I'm not surprised. His mid range shot is the near the top in the NBA... the 3 line is a lot shorter on the international level. Melo is a special player, but on the offensive side, he has absolutely no help from any Nuggets player, which is why we always get shut down in the playoffs. Lebron has the tall white dude (wow i forgot his name), D Jones, and Hughes who are all consistent shooters. Wade has a bunch of help offensively. Carmelo is seriously by himself. Camby is so inconsistent as well as Miller. KMart could help but he's injury prone. Which is why Melo has struggled in the playoofs. Good defensive teams shut down the fastbreak, and force the Nugs to play halfcourt. It wouldn't be a problem for Melo if he could have a person or two to rely on.

Like the Rocky Mountain News said, this is a message to the organization to get shooters. Melo can be so much more amazing if he has ppl he can depend on. I hope the Magette rumor is true (of packaging Joe Smith and others). That would help us A LOT.
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 08:32 AM   #6
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namy
on the offensive side, he has absolutely no help from any Nuggets player, which is why we always get shut down in the playoffs.
Great point. It's easy for people to say he dissapears in the playoffs, but that will happen to anybody when you're getting double and triple team and nobody else can make a shot. This past year there were consistently 2 Clippers on Melo every time down the court, and none of the other Nuggets could score to make the Clippers guard them.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 12:10 PM   #7
Namy
Just Drafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU
Great point. It's easy for people to say he dissapears in the playoffs, but that will happen to anybody when you're getting double and triple team and nobody else can make a shot. This past year there were consistently 2 Clippers on Melo every time down the court, and none of the other Nuggets could score to make the Clippers guard them.
Yup, I forget the exact stat line, but Greg Buckner had about 18 wide open 3's in the playoffs and he made like 1... if he made maybe 7-9 of em, that would've made a huge impact.
Old 08-25-2006, 04:50 PM   #8
BroncoMatt
The Blizzard Man

Check My Style Out

seems like we've been having this same discussion for the last several years, we need shooting help but then Kiki would go and get another big.

Kiki did a lot for this franchise but I am glad he is gone now.
BroncoMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 11:35 PM   #9
Namy
Just Drafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMatt View Post
seems like we've been having this same discussion for the last several years, we need shooting help but then Kiki would go and get another big.

Kiki did a lot for this franchise but I am glad he is gone now.
Indeed... Kiki's stupid refusal to trade any players in his "core group of guys" such as earl boykins was very annoying.