The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Announcements, Features and Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2006, 10:07 AM   #51
SteveTensi13
GIVE ME SOME MORE ORANGE

OLD SCHOOL BRONCO

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brandon Stokley

The original #7.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AAEA027~Craig-Morton-Throwing-Photofile-Posters.jpg (20.5 KB, 80 views)
SteveTensi13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 10:50 AM   #52
Bronco_Beerslug
Angling in the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveTensi13
The original #7.
No, this is............

Bronco_Beerslug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 03:50 PM   #53
Atlas
Draft Defense Early&Often

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns
No I didn't like the pickup because he hadn't done much in NY or Dallas.
He led Dallas to the Superbowl in 1970 and the only reason he left Dallas was because of some guy named Staubach. I'll give you that he didn't do anything in NY but NY was horrible and Morton was just getting creamed.

Morton wasn't a great QB but I find that people really do under rate him. He was a good QB that had some flaws. Get some games of the 1981 season and watch Morton play. He was as old as dirt that year but yet he led the suprise Broncos to a 10-6 record and had a QB rating of over 90.
Atlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 05:07 PM   #54
bombay
Ring of Famer

I wonder what the local hang outs were for the players in those days? Alzado had a bar called Desperado on the back side of the old Sears at Cherry Creek (the mall wasn't there yet). I think maybe the old Colorado Mining Company in Glendale might have been one, too.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 05:10 PM   #55
Atlas

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombay
I wonder what the local hang outs were for the players in those days? Alzado had a bar called Desperado on the back side of the old Sears at Cherry Creek (the mall wasn't there yet). I think maybe the old Colorado Mining Company in Glendale might have been one, too.
Of course any book about the '77 team should be an honest depiction of all the players. We want some dirt and not for it all to be sugar coated. Keyworth knows a lot of stuff about Alzado and everybody else. If he wants to sell copies on a national level he needs to come clean with everything.
Old 08-25-2006, 06:09 PM   #56
UKBronco
Keep the faith!

Question 1: Did you witness at any stage in your career the use of either performance enhancing, or recreational drugs on a level which you believe was improper; either now or at the time. We're you ever offered any etc..... basically, what was the acceptance level, if any, of drugs at the time.

Question 2: I think i over stretched my capabilities there and i haven't actually got a second question.

Can i get a personaly signed copy delivered over 'ere?

Actually that was a question, but i don't think it will make it into the book right?
UKBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 06:26 PM   #57
Atlas

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKBronco
Question 1: Did you witness at any stage in your career the use of either performance enhancing, or recreational drugs on a level which you believe was improper; either now or at the time. We're you ever offered any etc..... basically, what was the acceptance level, if any, of drugs at the time.

Question 2: I think i over stretched my capabilities there and i haven't actually got a second question.

Can i get a personaly signed copy delivered over 'ere?

Actually that was a question, but i don't think it will make it into the book right?
One of the former raiders said they used to have a giant bowl in the lockerroom filled with speed act.... Also they had refreshments on tables with signs that read Leaded and Unleaded. It was just different back then. I'm sure many Broncos were doing that stuff.
Old 08-25-2006, 06:27 PM   #58
Atlas

When the book comes on sale maybe we can buy it through the orangemane. With $5 of the proceeds going to TJ
Old 08-25-2006, 09:40 PM   #59
Stuck In Texas
Seasoned Veteran

Procrastinate Now!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

I would like to know his opinion of why the "Orange Crush", especially Gradishar, is ignored by the Hall of Fame. There was a huge outcry to get Harry Carson in, and he was a good LB, but IMHO Gradishar was better.
Stuck In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 10:54 PM   #60
Bronco_Beerslug
Angling in the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuck In Texas
I would like to know his opinion of why the "Orange Crush", especially Gradishar, is ignored by the Hall of Fame. There was a huge outcry to get Harry Carson in, and he was a good LB, but IMHO Gradishar was better.
Carson was a damn good LB, Gradishar was better but a big part of the blame lies on the Bronco organization for Bronco players not getting the recognition they deserve.
Bronco_Beerslug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 11:14 PM   #61
Atlas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco_Beerslug
Carson was a damn good LB, Gradishar was better but a big part of the blame lies on the Bronco organization for Bronco players not getting the recognition they deserve.
The main problem is all Gradishar's fault. He only played 10 years in the league. I would love to know why he quit playing so early. I mean he went to the probowl his last year he had a good 3 to 4 years left. If he would have played to 1986 and been on that SB team he would be in the HOF right now.
Old 08-26-2006, 12:06 AM   #62
Stuck In Texas
Seasoned Veteran

Procrastinate Now!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"

I agree that Denver players don't get the recognition they deserve and there are several factors for that, but the man averaged 200 tackles per year. The argument has been that those stats are unreliable because the team tracked them, but he was absolutely dominant. It seemed like he and Lambert were the MLBs that the rest were judged against.

Last edited by Stuck In Texas; 08-26-2006 at 12:39 AM..
Stuck In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 08:38 PM   #63
Raidersbane
Perennial Pro-bowler

The Kenworth was a load running the ball. I loved the guy even during his CU days........my question to him would be "What was the one thing or person that deserves the most credit in changing the team from a never been to the playoffs doormat to perrenial contender back in the 70's?........
Raidersbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 09:35 AM   #64
The Moops
Old School Dude

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I think part of the blame for guys like Gradishar and Floyd Little (and others) not being in the HOF are the sports writers who were supposed to argue their cases back then (Probably Woody Paige and Adam Schefter). I hear new HOF writer, Jeff Legwold, is trying his best to get deserving Broncos in the Hall... but according to an article by Boulder Camera writer, Ryan Thorburn, last year about Little, he says the past HOF writers representing Denver didn't do a good enough job arguing their cases . . .

"I spoke with some Hall of Fame voters this week and they said the reason Little did not get in was because he didn't have a strong enough advocate (local voter) to argue his case when it was time for the writers to cast their ballots. The only way No. 44 will be selected now is by the Hall of Fame's senior committee"
The Moops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 04:58 PM   #65
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

How did it feel to win the division for the 1st time

How did having to rotate QB's affect the huddle & the mind set of the offense. Was the Offense used to it by the Super Bowl, was Weese a QB the team rallyed around or felt like they had to press harder for to make a play when he was in? What was the over all mind set of the players when Norris Weese came onto the field? Morton seemed to make things happen, Weese to a kid of 11 seemed to be a coaches favorite, a guy that a coach thought he could get to make a few plays with a game. just my observation from 30 years back...
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 04:59 PM   #66
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

BTW I read a great book about Floyd Little called Tales from the Broncos Side line. You all should get that while you are waiting for this one. It is on Amazon.com.
Old 08-28-2006, 05:21 PM   #67
Atlas

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
How did it feel to win the division for the 1st time

How did having to rotate QB's affect the huddle & the mind set of the offense. Was the Offense used to it by the Super Bowl, was Weese a QB the team rallyed around or felt like they had to press harder for to make a play when he was in? What was the over all mind set of the players when Norris Weese came onto the field? Morton seemed to make things happen, Weese to a kid of 11 seemed to be a coaches favorite, a guy that a coach thought he could get to make a few plays with a game. just my observation from 30 years back...
good questions
Old 08-28-2006, 05:22 PM   #68
Atlas

Quote:
BTW I read a great book about Floyd Little called Tales from the Broncos Side line. You all should get that while you are waiting for this one. It is on Amazon.com.
was there anything that was shocking about it?
Old 08-28-2006, 05:42 PM   #69
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
was there anything that was shocking about it?
Ahhh... no. But it was a fun book about my boyhood idol. Without Floyd I would not have become a Broncos fan. He sparked it all.
Old 08-28-2006, 05:44 PM   #70
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
good questions
Coming from you (& Kyla) that means a lot!
Old 08-28-2006, 08:12 PM   #71
Atlas

Quote:
Ahhh... no. But it was a fun book about my boyhood idol. Without Floyd I would not have become a Broncos fan. He sparked it all.
you old fugger
Old 08-28-2006, 09:30 PM   #72
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
you old fugger
I am looking at my 1975 Bronco Buck from the 1st of Denver Bank with the season schedule on it right now re-living days of wine & roses, or at least Kool aid & Steve Austin 6 Million Dollar man Action Figures...
Old 08-29-2006, 11:51 AM   #73
milehimike
Seasoned Veteran

Better late than never

Adopt-a-Bronco:
kyle orton
Default don't waste your time on them!!!

[QUOTE=Hotrod;1239976]What does he think the players on that team would think of the likes of TO, Moss, Assy Lelie etc...[/QMost of them would say get rid of the p*ssies. Lets just play football!!!!
milehimike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 12:15 PM   #74
milehimike
Seasoned Veteran

Better late than never

Adopt-a-Bronco:
kyle orton
Default 1977 a great year

It was the year I moved to Denver. The thing about the Broncos and the fans I remember the most, was the Orange Crush mantra. The wave of that mantra swept me up and that is when I became a true Broncoholic,like I am now. I t was a great atmosphere to get caught up in, and I wes glad to get caught up in it.
milehimike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 02:30 AM   #75
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendog View Post
That was my question. Where was he on the Lytle fumble? What was the on field reaction. But also, the broncos were robbed by a bad call that allowed the Faide to score shortly before the fumble. What was the reaction on the sideline to that call?

Also, my recollection is that the Runningback by committee was really necessitated by Armstrong getting a bum knee and really not being all that he'd been.

I also seem to recall the broncos partied a bit too hard prior to the superbowl.
they interviewed Madden on that game and he said he doesnt know about the fumble but the Broncos out played them so bad that he basically said the best team won. Good to hear it from a faider.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote