The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2006, 10:43 AM   #126
rovolution
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by i4jelway7
ok here is the real deal w/ MoC he is being pursued by a famous rap mogul who apparently wants MoC head on a platter for an un-paid "loan". Word is MoC has been receiving death threats from this rap mogul, which would explain why he was riding around w/ the bulletproof.. also he probably thinks he is safe in jail.. now I'm sure you all can figure out who the rap mogul is
rovolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 10:50 AM   #127
Billy Clyde Puckett
Billy=Semi Tough Big Guy

Looking down on KC, SD and Oakland

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Elway

In my book he has been renamed - Mo Ron
Billy Clyde Puckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 10:03 PM   #128
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

Mo' Mo.

Quote:
Judge orders mental evaluation for Clarett

RACHEL HOAG / Associated Press

COLUMBUS, Ohio - Maurice Clarett was ordered Friday to have a mental health evaluation after a highway chase and violent struggle with police who caught him with four loaded guns. The former Ohio State football star insisted he is competent to stand trial in another case.

Judge David Fais delayed the trial set to begin Monday on previous charges accusing the player of holding up two people outside a bar on New Year's Day.

The events surrounding Clarett's arrest early Wednesday made the evaluation by a doctor necessary, regardless of the objections by Clarett and his attorneys, Fais said.

A downcast Maurice Clarett
looks on Friday as a Columbus,
Ohio judge orders that he
undergo a mental health
evaluation.
(Kiichiro Sato / Associated Press)

"I clearly understand everything, and I don't know why we have to drag this thing out," said Clarett, who scoffed, smiled and rolled his head back when Fais ordered the evaluation.

Clarett, who wrote a few notes to his attorneys with his hands cuffed, said he was ready to go to trial.

Fais was concerned by Clarett's attorneys saying in published reports that they were worried about his mental health.

"It's my job," Fais said. "I have to ensure that your rights are protected."

Clarett's girlfriend, who gave birth to the couple's daughter last month, and his mother sat in the courtroom. They declined comment outside.

A delay gives Clarett time to recover from a swollen face and bruised eye from his struggle with several officers.

Fais also revoked Clarett's $1.1 million bond on the charges, meaning Clarett figures to remain in jail until the new trial starts Sept. 18.

Clarett's latest run-in with the law began when police noticed a vehicle driving erratically, prompting a highway chase that ended with police spiking the SUV's tires. Officers said they could not easily subdue Clarett because he was wearing a bulletproof vest that thwarted their stun guns.

After police using pepper spray finally got him into handcuffs, the 6-foot, 245-pounder continued to struggle, kicking at the doors of the transport vehicle. Officers also put a cloth mask over Clarett's mouth after they say he spat at them.

Clarett was charged with carrying a concealed weapon and a traffic violation, and police said more charges are possible. Bond on those charges was set at $5 million, which Clarett's attorneys said he most likely would not be able to pay.

He was driving a few blocks from the home of a woman scheduled to testify against him in his robbery trial. In that case, witnesses said Clarett flashed a gun and robbed them of a cell phone behind a Columbus nightclub.

Fais said he thought allowing time to pass between the highway chase and Clarett's trial on the robbery charges would be beneficial. The delay also will give the court more time to draw the larger jury pool that will be necessary to find impartial people because of the publicity surrounding the case, he said.

Prosecutors supported the decision for the evaluation. Defense attorneys twice objected to the order, saying they were confident Clarett was competent.

"We do not wish to see these proceedings continued at all," attorney Michael Hoague told the judge.

The evaluation could have been done over the weekend to avoid delaying the trial, Hoague said afterward.

"Instead of having the possibility of being acquitted this time next week, he'll be in jail," he said.

As a freshman, Clarett scored the winning touchdown in the second overtime of the Fiesta Bowl against Miami to lead Ohio State to the 2002 national championship. It was the last game he played for the Buckeyes.

He was suspended for the following season after being charged with falsely reporting a theft to police.

Ohio State coach Jim Tressel said Clarett called him a couple times this week, including once the day before his arrest. Tressel didn't get the calls and left Clarett a voice mail, but the two never spoke.

"I didn't get a chance to connect with him recently, but absolutely - he's in my thoughts," Tressel said.

Clarett alleged in a 2004 news article that Tressel or his staff arranged for him to get passing grades, cars and money for bogus summer jobs.

Clarett provides a "teaching moment" for other players, Tressel said.

"When you review in your mind the conversations you've had and the lessons you've tried to share, yes, anytime we don't succeed, whether socially or academically, if someone doesn't make it, or if we don't succeed athletically, it's disappointing," he said.

After dropping out of school, he unsuccessfully challenged the NFL's draft eligibility rule in 2004. The Broncos made him a surprise third-round pick the following year, but he was cut during preseason.
-Slap- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 10:04 PM   #129
Killericon
Front 7, Please

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock

I'm curious as to why this thread even exsists.
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 10:49 PM   #130
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by killericon
I'm curious as to why this thread even exsists.
Well, you must have some theories.
-Slap- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 05:12 AM   #131
ol number 7
The Champ

Flair for Life

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Craig Morton

Quote:
Originally Posted by toad
Clarett is, perhaps, one of the saddest downfalls in sports history...IMO alongside Mike Tyson.
Lets not forget O.J. The white Bronco as well as the glove. To bad Johnny Cockroach died as he would have had a field day with this guy.
Clarrett is ghetto and is more comfortable in his quest to get to the big house "PRISON" than he is on the outside with us normal folk.Must have found something he liked in the showers at Ohio State .
ol number 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 05:30 AM   #132
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33
MC is one of the stupidest humans on the planet.
He's obviously got an idiot lawyer to boot. The Judge ordered a mental evaluation which is obviously the correct thing to do and a major break for him honestly. But his lawyer objected. WTF? Like he was going to beat the rap! I'm always amused at the mental illness defense because I would guesstimate that most convicts are mentally ill anyway. The fact that he was lurking around the woman due to testify against him is pretty damn scary. This could of easily wound up as a tragedy. I hope they took a blood test for meth/coke. His behavior certainly would indicate a paranoid speed freak. I'm just glad that they caught him before he went postal on someone or people. He's damn lucky he's not laying in the morgue with a hole in his forehead. I've always been amused at the resisting arrest syndrome. When your arrested, it's over. Your not going to pull a Dillinger in this day and age. Bundy was pretty crafty tho.
watermock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 05:51 PM   #133
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2553084

Lawyer: Clarett has ties to alleged Israeli mobster

Waknine provided Clarett with cash, a BMW, bodyguards, drivers and beachfront lodging in Malibu, with the understanding that he would be reimbursed and receive 60 percent of Clarett's rookie contract.

That makes sense.....Clarett did not want a signing bonus when he signed his rookie deal.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 05:53 PM   #134
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Maurice maurice...what's you gonna do...what's ya gonna do when they come for you.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 02:05 PM   #135
Elway 4 Life
Pass rushers apply here!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default Former Bronco tied to Israeli mobster.......

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/5884666?FSO1&ATT=HMA

This kid continues to impress me with his ability to screw off such talent.
Elway 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 02:06 PM   #136
KipCorrington25
Free Safety

I searched the Broncos all time roster and I didn't find this guy listed anywhere.
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 02:27 PM   #137
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 02:30 PM   #138
Arkansas Bronco
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
Originally Posted by KipCorrington25
I searched the Broncos all time roster and I didn't find this guy listed anywhere.
I remember the dude he was just camp fodder.
Arkansas Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 03:02 PM   #139
DenverFanMan6
Solid Starter

Oh yah

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Barrett
Default clarrett ties with mob

marice clarett could have possibly had those guns because there was a hit out for him post what u think
DenverFanMan6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 03:05 PM   #140
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

He is still an idiot.
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 03:07 PM   #141
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

That's really sad. Seems like everything is just going wrong for him.
HILife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 11:14 AM   #142
Raiders Rock
Ring of Famer

RaidersKickAss.com

Default Lawyer: Clarett has ties to alleged Israeli mobster

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2553084

Typical Donkey Scum
Raiders Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 11:20 AM   #143
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

What about some story that Clarett's best friend was killed/died the week of the Fiesta Bowl, and Ohio State wouldn't let him go home for the funeral? APacino would know ... supposedly Clarett was never the same guy after that ...

I heard this on Sandy Clough on 950 The Fan ... I was streaming it Friday morning.

They also had Tom Nalen in a radio interview! I didn't think they did those thiongs, but it was Nalen. Some of the nuggets Nails mentioned:
  1. - "No comment" on the QB situation, but he loves Jake
  2. - He doesn't think he's a HOF candidate ...
  3. - If Zimmerman isn't in the Hall, why even have a Hall?
  4. - He plans - right now - to play out the 3-year contract
  5. - Lepsis listens to Coldplay on his i-Pod
  6. - If not football, he wanted to go into law enforcement, FBI hopefully
  7. - He only re-signed because he thinks this team can go back and win another Lombardi. He doesn't need the $$

Last edited by BroncoBuff; 08-19-2006 at 11:23 AM..
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 12:28 PM   #144
ol number 7
The Champ

Flair for Life

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Craig Morton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elway 4 Life

This kid continues to impress me with his ability to screw off such talent.
If your afraid of the mob then why do you run from the police, resist arrest and spit on the cops and kick the doors in the squad car. Say thank you and protect me. That's what the car says to serve and protect. Does he owe mobsters Probably! Will they ever see that money NOPE !!
ol number 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 12:54 PM   #145
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

"Serve and Protect" is that like the "Clean Air Act" or no "No Child Left Behind"
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 12:55 PM   #146
FADERPROOF
Twitter: FNRoleModel

I'm heartbroken.
FADERPROOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 01:05 PM   #147
Billy Clyde Puckett
Billy=Semi Tough Big Guy

Looking down on KC, SD and Oakland

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Elway

Good to see you around Fader - Hope you are around all season. But change the Avatar.
Billy Clyde Puckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 03:41 PM   #148
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Hi Pat, great to see ya. Where the hell have you been?

SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 03:44 PM   #149
NOLA Bronco
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Shane Swanson

I wil have to say - I did not see the Clarrett connection to the Israeli Mob coming....

BTW - looking at Broncos Buffs post - why is Nalen speaking at all?
NOLA Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 06:24 PM   #150
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by FADERPROOF
I'm heartbroken.
Long time no see Fader ... hey, Buckeye faithful, you or APacino must know the story behind Clarett's best chidlhood friend getting killed or something ? ? while he was at the Fiesta Bowl ? ?

On 950 TheFan yesterday they said he was never the same because they didn't let him go back for the funeral. That was the beginning of the end or something - above: http://orangemane.com/BB/showthread....77#post1232877

I'd sure like to hear that story.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote