The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2006, 10:00 AM   #101
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

Quote:
He continued to struggle even as he was taken away, kicking at the doors of the transport vehicle, police said. Officers also secured a cloth mask over Clarett's mouth after they say he spat at them.
He's lucky he's quasi-famous or he would have had cops waiting for his ass at the station house.
-Slap- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 10:07 AM   #102
KipCorrington25
Free Safety

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Rock
This guy makes D Russell look like a choir boy
Yeah, good thing he was in camp for a month, was paid peanuts, and then dumped, instead of being a cornerstone of the DL for 5 years.
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 10:08 AM   #103
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaptownChief
If Bobby Turner vouches for him will they take that instead of the $5million bond?
You have a completely valid point about that pick being a disaster. I often ponder this: if that pick had been used on a player that actually contributed last year, would the Broncos have won the division by more than three games? Maybe they could have rested their starters starting in week 12?

Makes you think, wouldn't you say?
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 10:19 AM   #104
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Slap-
He's lucky he's quasi-famous or he would have had cops waiting for his ass at the station house.
if you look closely at his face in the pic pats whine posted it looks like the rubber hosed him pretty good which is pretty much a given if you spit at cops.

baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 10:19 AM   #105
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Why is this thread on the main forum?

Shouldnt this be in offtopics since its just talking about some guy who broke the law?
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 10:31 AM   #106
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja fan
if you look closely at his face in the pic pats whine posted it looks like the rubber hosed him pretty good which is pretty much a given if you spit at cops.

They should have beaten him five times worse and then locked him up with the resident Booty Bandit.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:37 AM   #107
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Slap-
They should have beaten him five times worse and then locked him up with the resident Booty Bandit.
Not that it will make anyone a better person for it but i am sure Mr. Clarett got himself a real good beating.

If his his face is bruised his body is one swollen lump, they only hit the face on the occasions when the miss the body.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:43 AM   #108
PatsWin2002
Giggity

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja fan
if you look closely at his face in the pic pats whine posted......
I demand a retraction!

Sounds like a nickname one of the Raider fans would've given me.
PatsWin2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 10:46 AM   #109
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsWin2002
I demand a retraction!

Sounds like a nickname one of the Raider fans would've given me.
Sorry couldn't resist.
Old 08-10-2006, 11:10 AM   #110
bendog
Marginally Continent

David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

I'm starting to wonder if the lad has some mental health issue. Bad Claret not boob, I mean. I know Boob's either a closet bronco fan having sport or a sad pathtic little man whose live is made a living hell someone like Danny Devito in taxi. I figured it was a wasted pick, but hey, it was a loser pick anyway, so why not take a flier. Like when you're at the track, and there's one race where you like absolutely no horse, or there's one horse that should obviously win, but you suspect the jockies will get together and pick one "slightly longshot" to take the wire. But you just have to have the action, so you close your eyes and pick one for two bucks.

Anyway, that thing with the vest was just too wierd. Maybe he's gonna rob a bank, but if you're doing that - alone - you don't take the hardware. It's more than being a dumb criminal with Claret.

Someone asked about how about had shanny not "wasted" the pick. The slot the pick was in sucked. There wasn't anyone who really shined. I think he just had Claret on his list of shots in the dark. Here's the link to the draft, look at the guys 5-10 slots after him. I remember going "take antonio perkins!" But obviously shanny had a plan on the cornerback position. I think he's got the nack so long as he doesn't pick them in the first round.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...y_round/4.html
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 11:17 AM   #111
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec
Why is this thread on the main forum?

Shouldnt this be in offtopics since its just talking about some guy who broke the law?
agreed...He's just a loser...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 11:31 AM   #112
NYBronc
Ring of Famer

pka young wu

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendog
I'm starting to wonder if the lad has some mental health issue. Bad Claret not boob, I mean. I know Boob's either a closet bronco fan having sport or a sad pathtic little man whose live is made a living hell someone like Danny Devito in taxi. I figured it was a wasted pick, but hey, it was a loser pick anyway, so why not take a flier. Like when you're at the track, and there's one race where you like absolutely no horse, or there's one horse that should obviously win, but you suspect the jockies will get together and pick one "slightly longshot" to take the wire. But you just have to have the action, so you close your eyes and pick one for two bucks.

Anyway, that thing with the vest was just too wierd. Maybe he's gonna rob a bank, but if you're doing that - alone - you don't take the hardware. It's more than being a dumb criminal with Claret.

Someone asked about how about had shanny not "wasted" the pick. The slot the pick was in sucked. There wasn't anyone who really shined. I think he just had Claret on his list of shots in the dark. Here's the link to the draft, look at the guys 5-10 slots after him. I remember going "take antonio perkins!" But obviously shanny had a plan on the cornerback position. I think he's got the nack so long as he doesn't pick them in the first round.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...y_round/4.html
Marion Barber or Chris Canty would have been nice.

Last edited by NYBronc; 08-10-2006 at 11:34 AM..
NYBronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 12:25 PM   #113
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

Big Brandon Jacobs was the back we should have drafted with that pick.
Old 08-10-2006, 12:48 PM   #114
bendog
Marginally Continent

David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

I didn't see much in Canty at the time. I'd seen guys dropping off the board earlier in the 3rd and had sinking spell. In retrospect, I never expected a RB, as I thought the team was already stronger than it had been at the end of the season, so I didn't really look at Barbor, or don't remember doing so.
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 12:56 PM   #115
KipCorrington25
Free Safety

Have Boob and Clarett ever been seen in the same place at the same time? That whole Pillsbury Doughboy in a Holmes jersey look might just be a clever disguise...

Think about it...

KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 02:45 PM   #116
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by KipCorrington25
Have Boob and Clarett ever been seen in the same place at the same time? That whole Pillsbury Doughboy in a Holmes jersey look might just be a clever disguise...

Think about it...

Nope Kip, there is no way Boob could have loaded 4 guns in a row without accidentally shooting himself.
Old 08-10-2006, 02:46 PM   #117
TomServo
Ring of Famer

Dancing is Forbidden!

some things or people just cant be helped. mc not only had a ticket to running back heaven(denver broncos), he was in the gates and still opted out.
when people wonder what goes on in his head i always think "im Maurice Clarett , b****"
TomServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 02:47 PM   #118
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Then again that may be why he was wearing the bullet proof vest....
Old 08-10-2006, 03:08 PM   #119
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

Story I heard today. Apparently, when Mo landed in Denver the first time, he called someone from the organization to come pick him up. On the way back from the airport, Mo tells them they have to turn around and go back because he left his bag. Its turns out what he left on the plane wasn't his bag, but his "water bottle". Yes, the same Grey Goose filled water bottle they eventually confiscated in the weight room. From what I hear, that water bottle went everywhere with him, including out the door.

The best part of all this, the part I love the most, remember how Mo turned down the $416,000 signing bonus Denver offered him? He instead opted for incentive clauses that would kick in when he was named to the All Pro team or won the MVP award.
Old 08-10-2006, 03:11 PM   #120
freak6
Ring of Famer

Impeach President Cheney and Puppet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MJK

I read that part to Slap, he even said "I gotta get my Goose on" while lifting in the Broncos weight room. Then tried to get our strength coach Rick Tuten fired...lmfao!!!!

He was on roids too.

In other news, Lendale White has been endearing himself to his teammates by hucking loogies on them after the play, starting an apparent brawl.
freak6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 03:54 PM   #121
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

MC is one of the stupidest humans on the planet.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 06:20 AM   #122
Raiders Rock
Ring of Famer

RaidersKickAss.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by KipCorrington25
Yeah, good thing he was in camp for a month, was paid peanuts, and then dumped, instead of being a cornerstone of the DL for 5 years.
We got a small amount more in my opinion for D Russ but... thats my opinion

Maurice will probably wind up dead just like DRUSS if he continues to follow the path that he is on.

It's really a shame actually.... not even jabbing at the Donks for taking him in the 3rd

All this kid had to do was finish school, control his weight and keep his mouth shut and would have probably been a 1st rounder.

He threw it all away............

What an idiot , same with DRUSS, he was found innocent of the rape stuff, then what did he do drugs and get banned?

Then he dies... if Moc gets out of jail, don't be surprised to read about him in the obituairies soon, the kid is a train wreck
Raiders Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 09:44 AM   #123
i4jelway7
Ring of Famer

loves haters & trolls

ok here is the real deal w/ MoC he is being pursued by a famous rap mogul who apparently wants MoC head on a platter for an un-paid "loan". Word is MoC has been receiving death threats from this rap mogul, which would explain why he was riding around w/ the bulletproof.. also he probably thinks he is safe in jail.. now I'm sure you all can figure out who the rap mogul is
i4jelway7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 10:29 AM   #124
NYBronc
Ring of Famer

pka young wu

Makes sense, especially since Mo C and said mogul have had the same attorney, David Kenner.
NYBronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 10:43 AM   #125
PatsWin2002
Giggity

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/?cmnn=-yes

Clarett likely to spend weekend in jail
Ex-OSU star probably won't be able to post $5 M bond

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) -- Maurice Clarett reacted with quiet disbelief when he learned he'd likely spend the weekend in jail. The former Ohio State star running back may have an even harder time accepting what lies ahead.

Wearing the same type of tan, jail-issue jumpsuit he'd sported here once before, the former Ohio State star running back closed his eyes and softly shook his head Thursday when the judge announced his bond on a gun charge: $5 million.

His attorney, Nick Mango, said his client would not likely be able to post it, keeping Clarett in jail at least until the start of his robbery trial Monday. Clarett has been ordered to appear in court Friday afternoon in the robbery case.

Following his bizarre and violent encounter with police early Wednesday, prosecutors had asked a judge to hold Clarett on at least $1 million bond.

"We feel he's a threat to the community," assistant prosecutor Chris Brown said.

Clarett stood against a wall next to his lawyer during Thursday's arraignment, didn't say anything and wasn't addressed by the judge.

Mango would not speculate on why four loaded guns -- including an assault rifle -- were in the SUV Clarett was driving early Wednesday.

"We're very confident that there was no intent to harm anyone," Mango said.

Prosecutors initially asked the judge to hold Clarett without bond, in part because he had been driving just a few blocks from the home of a woman scheduled to testify against him in his robbery trial. In that case, witnesses said Clarett flashed a gun and robbed them of a cell phone behind a Columbus nightclub earlier this year.

Franklin County Municipal Judge Andrea Peeples said she set the bond so high because the 22-year-old Clarett attempted to flee police. A preliminary hearing was scheduled for Aug. 18.

In the robbery case, Common Pleas Judge David Fais ordered Clarett to appear in court Friday, but did not tell his attorneys what issue would be addressed.

"My sense is that the judge was going to inquire as to whether the defense intended to file a request for a psychological evaluation of our client, Mr. Clarett, which we do not intend to do," attorney Michael Hoague said.

After Clarett's arrest on Wednesday, his lawyers expressed concern about his mental health, but Hoague said he and Mango are confident Clarett understands what is going on and will be able to assist in his defense. The attorneys don't plan to make any requests that would delay the start of the trial Monday, Hoague said.

Clarett's latest run-in with the law began when police noticed a vehicle driving erratically, beginning a highway chase that ended with police spiking the SUV's tires. Officers said they could not easily subdue Clarett because he was wearing a bulletproof vest that thwarted their stun guns.

After several police using pepper spray finally got him into handcuffs, the 6-foot, 245-pounder continued to struggle, kicking at the doors of the transport vehicle. Officers also secured a cloth mask over Clarett's mouth after they say he spat at them.

Police said more charges are possible, and federal agents said they are eyeing whether Clarett violated federal gun laws that prohibit having a firearm while under indictment.

"I feel bad for him. I think a lot of people do," said rookie linebacker A.J. Hawk of the Green Bay Packers, who arrived at Ohio State as a freshman with Clarett. "You've got to surround yourself with decent people, and I think in his case maybe he didn't do that, or took some bad advice or whatever. I don't know. Things aren't going right. Maybe this will be a wake-up call."

Clarett was in a positive mood when he spent Tuesday night in suburban Columbus with his attorneys, preparing for next week's trial, said Jon Saia, a senior partner with the law firm representing Clarett.

He made a series of cell phone calls into the night and early Wednesday morning, including one to Jim Terry, coach of Mahoning Valley Hitmen of the Eastern Indoor Football League where Clarett has plans to play in January.

Terry said Clarett, whose girlfriend recently gave birth to his premature daughter, sounded depressed on the phone, but that wasn't unusual.

"Maurice mumbles, so he sounds depressed all the time," Terry said. "We just talked about the baby, we talked about the trial and then the phone cut out."

Clarett did not call back, Terry said. Police said they attempted to stop Clarett a short time later.

As a freshman, Clarett scored the winning touchdown in the second overtime of the Fiesta Bowl against Miami to lead Ohio State to the 2002 national championship. It was the last game he played for the Buckeyes.

He was suspended for the following season after being charged with falsely reporting a theft to police. After dropping out of school, he challenged the NFL's draft eligibility rule in 2004 but lost.

The Broncos made him a surprise third-round pick the following year, but he was cut during the preseason.
PatsWin2002 is offline   Reply With Quote