The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NBA & NCAA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2006, 05:51 PM   #1
Namy
Just Drafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Nuggets Prediction

Wow, for my first post o nthe Orangemane, I think I'll post in the Nuggets forum. I'm a devout Nuggets fan and was kinda disappointed that this forum was so empty... anyway...

So how do you all think the Denver Nuggets will do this season? For me, I think the Nuggets are going to break out this year. They will finally win over 50 games and make it past the first round of the playoffs. We added a guy who can score in J.R. Smith who has a chance to flourish in a fastbreak system. This is Melo's fourth year in the league. Word from Team USA is that he has been one of the most impressive players there, and I'm not surprised.

I think the magical half season we had two seasons ago kinda hung over on the Nuggets. They didn't seem to play as hard and it really killed them. The desire to fastbreak seemed lost, and for the first time I had feelings that Andre Miller really wasn't the right PG for us. However, last season was injury plagued as well. Boykins injury during the 7 games/11 days road trip boosted Andre's minutes considerably... thus i can understand him being tired and playing lazy as the season went on. Camby's injuries are to be expected, but Nene's season opening injury rushed KMart back from his injury, which, in retrospect, screwed the Nuggets once promising front court over.

Despite all the negativism towards Kmart, if Kenyon does want to make up and continue to play for us and Karl, I would love to keep him. The guy just wants to win... he plays great defense and was an offensive threat until his injuries messed with his conditioning and consistency. If Kmart and Nene can come back healthy, the Nuggets can be really scary.

So, the Nuggets have all the pieces and talent a team could have. Our SG position is a bit questionable, but J.R. Smith is a jewel who can flourish as a side kick unlike with the Hornets where he was expected to be the primary scorer. I really hope the Nuggets can pull it together. Last year held so much promise, but injuries limited our success and talent to a first round playoff exit... again. Hopefully, we can do better this season.

Any other thoughts?
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2006, 12:24 PM   #2
Namy
Just Drafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

lol, im guessing not many ppl are interested about the nuggets on this forum?
Old 08-02-2006, 05:10 PM   #3
usedupbraids
Perennial Pro-bowler

salute till the death.......

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rick Upchurch

nuggets suck go lakers
usedupbraids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 09:00 AM   #4
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

GANGNAM STYLE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

We've got a lot of Nuggets fans, don't worry. Just wait as we get closer to the season / in-season this forum will be hopping with Nuggs fans and NBA fans.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 09:31 AM   #5
Master___Pain
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rock Hoover

Quote:
Originally Posted by usedupbraids
nuggets suck go lakers
Keep up the quality posts
Master___Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 01:03 PM   #6
Namy
Just Drafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by usedupbraids
nuggets suck go lakers
lol just noticed something interesting... ur a Broncos fan, a Lakers fan, and you live in Philly?
Old 08-03-2006, 06:51 PM   #7
usedupbraids
Perennial Pro-bowler

salute till the death.......

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rick Upchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namy
lol just noticed something interesting... ur a Broncos fan, a Lakers fan, and you live in Philly?
i know i dont like or football team or basketball team but i like or baseball team and hockey team tho.For some reason i like the broncos so much and lakers
usedupbraids is offline   Reply With Quote