The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2005, 10:37 PM   #1
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Default General Hockey Thread v2.0

We used to have one of these before and it was convenient, IMO.

Whew. I thought we were gonna tank again. This feels kind of like the end of the last season. Just couldn't get any winning rhythms going. Hopefully this will be the start of one for our boys.

* I still love to watch Blake hit. Man can he lay em on.

* The DOUBLE MINOR on Liles was BS. I can understand the whole responsible for your stick deal, so yeah he should have gotten the one, but a double?! Come on.

* Goalies are like bugs.....and a lot of players are using them as windshields. Will there be a rule change instituted because of it?

* Was anyone else expecting the Sens to be doing this well?

* Don't jump off the bridge yet, SoCal....the Pens will win one someday.
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2005, 10:38 PM   #2
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

PS. Are the Preds for real too? Man, they are coming out of the box with a full head of steam.
Old 10-25-2005, 10:38 PM   #3
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbrncofn
We used to have one of these before and it was convenient, IMO.

Whew. I thought we were gonna tank again. This feels kind of like the end of the last season. Just couldn't get any winning rhythms going. Hopefully this will be the start of one for our boys.

* I still love to watch Blake hit. Man can he lay em on.

* The DOUBLE MINOR on Liles was BS. I can understand the whole responsible for your stick deal, so yeah he should have gotten the one, but a double?! Come on.

* Goalies are like bugs.....and a lot of players are using them as windshields. Will there be a rule change instituted because of it?

* Was anyone else expecting the Sens to be doing this well?

* Don't jump off the bridge yet, SoCal....the Pens will win one someday.
I would have rather been blown out than lose that way. We played probably our best game of the season only to blow it with 2 mins left. At least we got a point out of it. Crosby made some great plays.
Old 10-25-2005, 10:41 PM   #4
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Forgot all about hockey. Avs doing OK? I heard they lost the core of their team or something. Not going to pretend to really know though.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 10:48 PM   #5
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

HOLY CRAP!! Alec posted in a hockey thread and it didn't say "Die hockey, die."

They're struggling a bit. Although I must give kudos to our high scoring defensemen. It's all good, but I don't know if we're sacrificing defense for points at this point.
Old 10-25-2005, 10:57 PM   #6
Kid A
Ring of Famer

I don't need love. I just need wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

Quote:
HOLY CRAP!! Alec posted in a hockey thread and it didn't say "Die hockey, die."

They're struggling a bit. Although I must give kudos to our high scoring defensemen. It's all good, but I don't know if we're sacrificing defense for points at this point.
I'm not too worried yet. We always start slow. Our scoring has been impressive thus far. I think we have plenty of firepower with the top guys (sakic, tangs, Hejduk) younger guys (svatos) and defesemen (liles) playing well. Goaltending, however, look like it could be an adventure this year. This is an important homestand. Hopefully tonights game is the start of a winning streak.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 11:04 PM   #7
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Aebi is looking a little better, IMO.

Ossi needs a spanking or something to keep him out of the damn penalty box. Seems like its always him in there.

One other thing, I'm not so sure I'm wild about the new rules. I don't like the fact that you have to hold your breath every time someone checks someone and wait to see if a penalty is called. Seems like the good hits of the old days are a no no now, and I think that part sucks.
Old 10-25-2005, 11:28 PM   #8
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Avs WIn!
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 11:32 PM   #9
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Patrice Brisebois was absolutely hated by the fans in Montreal. They treated him like we Avs fans treated Martin Skoula. He was the whipping boy, the scapegoat, you name it. Habs fans were happy as clams to see him leave town when the Avs signed him. Now check this out.

The Entire Montreal Defense Corps
Games: 9
Goals: 1
Assists: 10

Patrice Brisebois
Goals: 5
Assists: 2

Living well is the best revenge.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 11:33 PM   #10
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Did anyone else notice how many times that dunce, McLeod called Brisebois, Bergeron? I swear that guy is a tard of the highest order.
Old 10-25-2005, 11:34 PM   #11
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange
Patrice Brisebois was absolutely hated by the fans in Montreal. They treated him like we Avs fans treated Martin Skoula. He was the whipping boy, the scapegoat, you name it. Habs fans were happy as clams to see him leave town when the Avs signed him. Now check this out.

Patrice Brisebois

Revenge is a dish best served cold.....or better yet, on ice.
Old 10-25-2005, 11:35 PM   #12
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Aebi is looking a little better, IMO.

Ossi needs a spanking or something to keep him out of the damn penalty box. Seems like its always him in there.

One other thing, I'm not so sure I'm wild about the new rules. I don't like the fact that you have to hold your breath every time someone checks someone and wait to see if a penalty is called. Seems like the good hits of the old days are a no no now, and I think that part sucks.

I understand exactly how you feel it's like walking on hot coals for the fans, something i have been noticing is with the new rules and the refs trying so hard to enforce the new system, they tend to call stuff that didn't happen. Re:svatos holding penalty on pronger, if you watch it pronger is the one doing the holding and svatos gets called and that lead to the oils first goal BTW.Just a question on your thoughts did you think may charging penalty was legit? the guy had the puck and had just gotten rid of it. Was may finishing his check or did you think it was a penalty?
Old 10-25-2005, 11:37 PM   #13
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:

Patrice Brisebois

Nice work CO, and yes brise is playing his best hockey in a long time and i also echoed that a change of coaches and getting away from the nad fans (who are really tough on player) would make all the difference for him (and it has)
Old 10-25-2005, 11:37 PM   #14
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33
[/B]

I understand exactly how you feel it's like walking on hot coals for the fans, something i have been noticing is with the new rules and the refs trying so hard to enforce the new system, they tend to call stuff that didn't happen. Re:svatos holding penalty on pronger, if you watch it pronger is the one doing the holding and svatos gets called and that lead to the oils first goal BTW.Just a question on your thoughts did you think may charging penalty was legit? the guy had the puck and had just gotten rid of it. Was may finishing his check or did you think it was a penalty?
No I didn't think the May charging penalty was legit. There was another player right there and I think him being there and May coming in forced Pronger into him and made it look worse than it was. Finishing the check is now a bad thing anyway.
Old 10-25-2005, 11:40 PM   #15
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Did anyone else notice how many times that dunce, McLeod called Brisebois, Bergeron? I swear that guy is a tard of the highest order.
That'd be a good drinking game. Take a shot everytime McLeod gets an Avs players name wrong. I've lost count of how many times he's got Laaksonen & Laperriere mixed up this season. He's also called Brisebois "Turgeon" a few times.
Old 10-25-2005, 11:40 PM   #16
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
No I didn't think the May charging penalty was legit. There was another player right there and I think him being there and May coming in forced Pronger into him and made it look worse than it was. Finishing the check is now a bad thing anyway.
I'am glad i'am not the only one lol and while on the ref subject they let 2 more goalie interference go unnoticed and one the guy was laying on bish with zero effort to get off him.
Old 10-25-2005, 11:41 PM   #17
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
That'd be a good drinking game. Take a shot everytime McLeod gets an Avs players name wrong. I've lost count of how many times he's got Laaksonen & Laperriere mixed up this season. He's also called Brisebois "Turgeon" a few times.

Well you'd have to be drinking something light or you'd be so drunk by the end of the first period, you'd pass out and miss the rest of the game.
Old 10-25-2005, 11:43 PM   #18
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33
I'am glad i'am not the only one lol and while on the ref subject they let 2 more goalie interference go unnoticed and one the guy was laying on bish with zero effort to get off him.
Those damn refs. I'm still irked over the Liles double minor call. Thank God the Oilers screwed themselves out of most of the PP anyway.
Old 10-25-2005, 11:44 PM   #19
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
I swear to Christ I'm gonna lose it if they send Wolski back to Brampton and keep that idiot May on the roster. He's a useless turd.
Old 10-25-2005, 11:45 PM   #20
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Those damn refs. I'm still irked over the Liles double minor call. Thank God the Oilers screwed themselves out of most of the PP anyway.
Gotta be in control of your stick at all times. My father told me that those were words to live by.
Old 10-25-2005, 11:45 PM   #21
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
They need to find a hockey person for the job doug cannot handle this and making us here in colorado look stupid,i don't understand why they couldn't find a better person for the job i'am guessing he's somebodies brother in law lol.
Old 10-25-2005, 11:46 PM   #22
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

If they get rid of Boughner, we can keep Wolski though, right?
Old 10-25-2005, 11:47 PM   #23
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Gotta be in control of your stick at all times. My father told me that those were words to live by.

Yeah, I understand the one, but it didn't deserve the double.
Old 10-25-2005, 11:49 PM   #24
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
If they get rid of Boughner, we can keep Wolski though, right?
They can keep Wolski without getting rid of anyone. They just have to choose to keep him in the NHL as opposed to sending him to juniors.

The lines are coming together nicely.

Tanguay-Sakic-Hejduk
Wolski-Turgeon-Svatos
Konowalchuk-Laperriere-Laaksonen
Hinote-McLean-Brunette

I like the looks of that group just fine.
Old 10-25-2005, 11:49 PM   #25
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:

Yeah, I understand the one, but it didn't deserve the double.
The Oiler player was cut. It's an automatic 4 minute penalty.