The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NBA & NCAA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2006, 04:59 PM   #201
Nuggets4
Requisite Nugs Die-Hard

Buffaloes, Buffaloes, Go C-U!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Allen Iverson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange
Portland needs to cut that out or people are going to start thinking they're a real NBA franchise.
Nuggets4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 04:36 PM   #202
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Al Harrington to fire his agent.

Wasn't he supposed to be signed & traded to Indiana weeks ago?

Looks like Kenyon Martin will be starting the season in Denver.

Translation: We couldn't even find a halfway decent trade offer, so we're stuck with him......for now.

Carmelo shines in Team USA's first scrimmage vs Puerto Rico

Anthony was the best player on the court. He scored 23 points, shot 10 for 13 from the field and contributed strong defense to start the second quarter.

Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 04:57 PM   #203
Master___Pain
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rock Hoover

Quote:
Al Harrington to fire his agent.

Wasn't he supposed to be signed & traded to Indiana weeks ago?

Looks like Kenyon Martin will be starting the season in Denver.

Translation: We couldn't even find a halfway decent trade offer, so we're stuck with him......for now.

Carmelo shines in Team USA's first scrimmage vs Puerto Rico

Anthony was the best player on the court. He scored 23 points, shot 10 for 13 from the field and contributed strong defense to start the second quarter.

Go Melo! Go USA!
Master___Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 05:43 PM   #204
llayne
Solid Starter

There is talk about the Nuggets getting in on Baby All....don't have the link with me but it was in the foootnes of the RMN and on the RealGm.com site under the Nuggets section.
llayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 09:26 PM   #205
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2537369

Quote:
Updated: Aug. 2, 2006, 3:12 PM ET
NBA announces postseason seeding format change
Associated Press

The NBA is changing the way teams are seeded in the postseason, looking to avoid the controversy that surrounded last season's playoffs.

Starting in the upcoming season, the top four seeds -- the three division winners and the second-place team with the best record -- will be seeded according to their win-loss total, guaranteeing that the top two teams in each conference can't meet until the conference finals, the league announced Wednesday.

The NBA had given the top three seeds to division winners regardless of record, meaning a second-place team could not do better than the No. 4 seed, even if it had a better record than a division champion.

That rule came under fire last season when division rivals San Antonio and Dallas were forced to meet in the second round of the Western Conference playoffs, even though the second-place Mavericks had a far better record than division champions Phoenix or Denver.

Dallas knocked off the first-place Spurs in a thrilling matchup of 60-game winners, capturing Game 7 on the road in overtime.

The league's board of governors also voted to expand the postseason rosters to 15, instead of 13, with 12 players active for each game. That duplicates the rule used in the regular season.

The NBA champion Miami Heat were among those that criticized the policy that forced teams to carry fewer players in the playoffs than during the season.

Also, if a team has two 60-second timeouts left in the final two minutes of regulation or in overtime, one will be reduced to a 20-second timeout. Teams will now have two 60-second timeouts and one lasting 20 seconds in overtime, instead of three one-minute timeouts. Clubs will no longer be permitted to carry over a 20-second timeout from regulation into overtime.

"Our owners are intent on making the playoff seeding more fair for all teams going forward and in quickening the pace of the end of games," NBA executive vice president Stu Jackson said in a statement. "The board also thought it made sense to allow teams to utilize the same 15-man roster in the playoffs that they use during the regular season."

2005-06 playoff seedings
East West
1. Detroit San Antonio
2. Miami Phoenix
3. New Jersey Denver
4. Cleveland Dallas
5. Washington Memphis
6. Indiana L.A. Clippers
7. Chicago L.A. Lakers
8. Milwaukee Sacramento

2005-06 playoff seedings
under new format
East West
1. Detroit San Antonio
2. Miami Dallas
3. Cleveland Phoenix
4. New Jersey Denver
5. Washington Memphis
6. Indiana L.A. Clippers
7. Chicago L.A. Lakers
8. Milwaukee Sacramento
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 09:28 PM   #206
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

So, the new playoff format is good, I suppose. I mean, last season having Denver as the 4th seed would have still been B.S., but some change is better than no change at all.
Old 08-02-2006, 09:30 PM   #207
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU
So, the new playoff format is good, I suppose. I mean, last season having Denver as the 4th seed would have still been B.S., but some change is better than no change at all.
Actually, it would have been better because the Nuggets would have got the Grizzlies instead of the Clippers. I'd have taken that matchup any day of the week over the one they ended up with.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 09:33 PM   #208
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Actually, it would have been better because the Nuggets would have got the Grizzlies instead of the Clippers. I'd have taken that matchup any day of the week over the one they ended up with.
Oh well you're absolutely right. I would have jumped for joy as a Nuggs fan at a match up with the Grizz, who we own on a regular basis.

But as an NBA fan, we did not deserve that high seeding.
Old 08-04-2006, 08:21 AM   #209
Nuggets4
Requisite Nugs Die-Hard

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Allen Iverson

We draw the Grizz, we are in the second round. They were the worst team in the Western playoffs last year. Granted we were a close second, but I'll take any victory we can get right now.
Old 08-04-2006, 08:51 AM   #210
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Anybody watch USA vs. PR last night? Good game. 2nd quarter we kinda lapsed, but ended up winning by like 40. Melo with a strong game.
Old 08-04-2006, 08:54 AM   #211
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Anybody watch USA vs. PR last night? Good game. 2nd quarter we kinda lapsed, but ended up winning by like 40. Melo with a strong game.
Just like old times, baby! USA should be winning by 40. It's like, what we do.
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 09:36 AM   #212
Nuggets4
Requisite Nugs Die-Hard

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Allen Iverson

Quote:
I DVR'ed it and am planning on watching it tonight. Sounds like Melo kicked ass.
Old 08-04-2006, 09:55 AM   #213
GonzoLays
Five Tool Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#3 DJ

Was it just me, or did Carlos Arroyo look like the best player on the court last night? I was dumbfounded by his ability. It was basically Carlos Arroyo and a bunch scrubs versus an NBA All-Star team and he more than held his own.

I was pleasantly surprised by him. If he played in a run and gun system like the Phoenix Suns, he would easily be considered one of the best PG's in the league. When he played for the Pistons, he looked like trash because their offensive system is trash. Walk the ball up court, stop, pass it to the wing, and then go stand in the corner. Not his game to say the least.
GonzoLays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 10:09 AM   #214
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoLays
Was it just me, or did Carlos Arroyo look like the best player on the court last night? I was dumbfounded by his ability. It was basically Carlos Arroyo and a bunch scrubs versus an NBA All-Star team and he more than held his own.

I was pleasantly surprised by him. If he played in a run and gun system like the Phoenix Suns, he would easily be considered one of the best PG's in the league. When he played for the Pistons, he looked like trash because their offensive system is trash. Walk the ball up court, stop, pass it to the wing, and then go stand in the corner. Not his game to say the least.
He tore it up in the last Olympics, too.
Old 08-04-2006, 10:41 AM   #215
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoLays

Dude, even though we won by 30-some points last night, it absolutely amazes me that guys like Arroyo and Daniel Santiago can really play well in international play but can't play in the NBA. Santiago played some NBA ball but now only plays in Spain or something, and Arroyo only averaged 5.5 points last year. Yet somehow, they come to play in international play. It's odd.

Anyways, I don't think it's realistic to expect 40 point blowouts every game, but we shouldn't lose. Didn't like the 2nd quarter last night, but we got the job done. Go USA.
Old 08-04-2006, 11:53 AM   #216
Scottish_Bronco
twitter: @mmcd85

Anyone know when Nuggets tickets go on sale?

Checked the schedule and its pre-season when I fly over to Denver. Hoping to catch a game
Scottish_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 11:59 AM   #217
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Dude, even though we won by 30-some points last night, it absolutely amazes me that guys like Arroyo and Daniel Santiago can really play well in international play but can't play in the NBA. Santiago played some NBA ball but now only plays in Spain or something, and Arroyo only averaged 5.5 points last year. Yet somehow, they come to play in international play. It's odd.

Anyways, I don't think it's realistic to expect 40 point blowouts every game, but we shouldn't lose. Didn't like the 2nd quarter last night, but we got the job done. Go USA.
Just noticed in your sig that Wade is wearing no. 9. Pretty cool stuff. I still have a replica of the Dream Team Jordan jersey; and I'm not a big jersey guy.

Old 08-04-2006, 12:03 PM   #218
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man-Goblin
Just noticed in your sig that Wade is wearing no. 9. Pretty cool stuff. I still have a replica of the Dream Team Jordan jersey; and I'm not a big jersey guy.

Wow, I didn't know Jordan wore #9 back in the day. Pretty darn appropriate for Wade to be wearing it, considering the NBA Finals.

I, as everybody knows, am a huge jersey guy. They need to re-issue the '92 Dream Team jerseys... I'd get a Barkley for sure, and I'd max out my credit card going for Bird, Magic, and Jordan.
Old 08-04-2006, 12:32 PM   #219
Nuggets4
Requisite Nugs Die-Hard

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Allen Iverson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottish_Bronco
Anyone know when Nuggets tickets go on sale?

Checked the schedule and its pre-season when I fly over to Denver. Hoping to catch a game
Pre-season games RARELY sell out. I was at a few last year and the Can was maybe 50% full. If I hear of any pre-sales, I'll let you know.
Old 08-04-2006, 01:06 PM   #220
NYBronc
Ring of Famer

pka young wu

<A HREF="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14186278">Miami Beach cops stun-gun Pistons' Davis</A>

<B>6-11 center in altercation with police after being asked to leave hotel
</B>

MIAMI BEACH, Fla. - Detroit Pistons center Dale Davis was shocked with a stun gun and charged with assault and disorderly conduct in an altercation with Miami Beach police.

Davis was arrested Tuesday at a Miami Beach hotel and accused of threatening police, security guards and shouting profanities, police said.

Chubby Wells, Davis’ agent, said he plans to file a lawsuit against police for their treatment of the 15-year NBA veteran.

“It was so ridiculous, it’s unbelievable,” Wells said. “We’re going to take a stand.”

Police were called to the hotel by the security workers and Davis was repeatedly asked to leave, but refused, according to the report.

After giving officers his identification, Davis and the officers went outside, where the 6-foot-11 player accused the officers of targeting him because he is black. Police said they asked Davis to remove his hands from his pockets for officer safety, and Davis complied after asking officers if they were going to shoot him.

Police said that Davis pulled out money, three cellular phones and credit cards. He put the items back in his pockets and said he’d beat up the officers if they took off their badges and got rid of their guns, police said.

Davis then balled his fists and began walking toward officers in an aggressive manner, and he was warned that he would be hit with a Taser gun if he continued, police said.

He didn’t stop, and an officer used the stun gun to hit Davis in the chest and he fell to the ground, according to the police report.

Davis was taken into custody and charged with assault, assault on a police officer, disorderly conduct and resisting arrest without violence.

Davis played for Indiana, Portland and Golden State before joining the Pistons as a reserve last season. A Detroit spokesmen didn’t return phone messages seeking comment Friday.
NYBronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 01:47 PM   #221
BroncoMatt
The Blizzard Man

Check My Style Out

what network is broadcasting the usa basketball games?
BroncoMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 03:03 PM   #222
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMatt
what network is broadcasting the usa basketball games?
ESPN2

I believe the next game is USA vs. China, Monday night @ 9:30 EST.
Old 08-04-2006, 03:28 PM   #223
Scottish_Bronco
twitter: @mmcd85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets4
Pre-season games RARELY sell out. I was at a few last year and the Can was maybe 50% full. If I hear of any pre-sales, I'll let you know.
Thanks man
Scottish_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 03:46 PM   #224
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Speaking of making the roadie, I'm pissed that I'm not going to be seeing anymore basketball live this fall... I mean I might get tickets to see the UNM Lobos, but still, it ain't the NBA. I need to look at the schedule and try and make a roadie up here.
Old 08-04-2006, 04:04 PM   #225
Master___Pain
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rock Hoover

Quote:
Speaking of making the roadie, I'm pissed that I'm not going to be seeing anymore basketball live this fall... I mean I might get tickets to see the UNM Lobos, but still, it ain't the NBA. I need to look at the schedule and try and make a roadie up here.
Wait, what? Are you in NM permanently now? Me so confused...
Master___Pain is offline   Reply With Quote