The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NBA & NCAA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2006, 04:57 PM   #76
ro_50
Ring of Famer

I like this move by the Nuggets to get JR Smith. There is an opening there at the two guard spot and if his head is on straight, you guys got your future two guard.

I believe in his talent and potential. The Spurs almost acquired him at the trade deadline for Brent Barry and Pop thinks the world of his abilities.

The Bulls had no need for him and the Nuggets got a player for basically spare change.
ro_50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 09:04 PM   #77
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Here's what Gonzo was talking about with JR Smith at the HS All American game.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KzCxnnaGUa4"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KzCxnnaGUa4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 12:57 AM   #78
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Pistons sign Flip Murray.
Old 07-15-2006, 04:29 AM   #79
SimonFletcher73
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Goose Gonsoulin

If only there was a modern day Mark Price or Jeff Hornacek for the Nuggets to pick up. Thats pretty much all we need.

Hopefully JR Smith is picked up. I don't see much more than a Deshaun Stevenson type player though.
SimonFletcher73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 11:00 PM   #80
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson
Default And We're Back... Nuggets Trade For J.R. Smith!

Nuggets Land J.R. Smith from the Bulls
The Nuggets acquired 6-foot-6 shooting guard J.R. Smith from the Chicago Bulls on July 20. The 20-year-old Smith spent his first two NBA seasons with the Hornets, averaging 9.2 ppg. He shot .394 from three-point range in 2005-06.

-----------------
Although it doesn't say in the blurb, the Nuggs sent Howard Eisley and two 2nd-round picks to Chi-Town for Smith.

He has some flaws in his game, but he's young and athletic, and he plays the 2-guard spot. He's better then everybody else we've put at the spot. Thank God.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 11:47 PM   #81
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

And a bumpety bump back to the front page for this one.

All signs point to Reggie The Bagpincher returning to Denver.
Old 07-23-2006, 01:40 AM   #82
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Looks like Al Harrington is about to be headed back to Indiana.
Old 07-23-2006, 01:50 AM   #83
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Totally forgot about this thread, but the Nuggs traded for Smith. It's in another thread I made.

I'm excited. He may have flaws in his game, but he's young, athletic, and way better then anybody who has played that spot in the past 3 years.
Old 07-23-2006, 01:51 AM   #84
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Nuggets Land J.R. Smith from the Bulls
The Nuggets acquired 6-foot-6 shooting guard J.R. Smith from the Chicago Bulls on July 20. The 20-year-old Smith spent his first two NBA seasons with the Hornets, averaging 9.2 ppg. He shot .394 from three-point range in 2005-06.

-----------------
Although it doesn't say in the blurb, the Nuggs sent Howard Eisley and two 2nd-round picks to Chi-Town for Smith.
Old 07-23-2006, 01:54 AM   #85
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU
I'm excited. He may have flaws in his game, but he's young, athletic, and way better then anybody who has played that spot in the past 3 years.
They also gave up practically nothing to get him and his salary is pretty minimal. Not a whole lot of risk involved.

I also read a snippet from an ESPN Insider article that was posted elsewhere (wouldn't dream of posting it here, I'm a stickler for the rules and all ) that the most impressive players at the Team USA practices in Vegas have been Chris Paul & Carmelo Anthony.
Old 07-23-2006, 01:56 AM   #86
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Connor Barth

woo hoo! the mane is up and running and i get my NBA Offseason Thread fix out of the way. What's up with Keith Van Horn? anyone heard anything? Mid-level maybe? please don't tell me the nuggs are done. yes. i've been drinking. ha.
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 02:00 AM   #87
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man-Goblin
woo hoo! the mane is up and running and i get my NBA Offseason Thread fix out of the way. What's up with Keith Van Horn? anyone heard anything? Mid-level maybe? please don't tell me the nuggs are done. yes. i've been drinking. ha.
According to the inside source (the same one who gave us the news of the JR Smith trade two days before it was talked about in the RMN or anywhere else) has said that the Nuggets are are working on a deal for another wing player/shooter. He wouldn't say who, but someone brought up Eddie House and he said, "Think bigger than Eddie House." I doubt that it was Van Horn he was talking about. He also said that the Nuggets are still very much in the running for Iverson, but if another deal comes up that they like, they'll pull their offer off the table with Philly and go another direction. They're not going to wait around for Billy King to make up his mind and it's looking more and more like Iverson could be back in Philly at the beginning of next season.

Van Horn wouldn't be a bad option if all else fails. He won't command much $$ and he's a decent shooter. I'd take him if nothing else materializes
Old 07-23-2006, 02:10 AM   #88
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Connor Barth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange
According to the inside source (the same one who gave us the news of the JR Smith trade two days before it was talked about in the RMN or anywhere else) has said that the Nuggets are are working on a deal for another wing player/shooter. He wouldn't say who, but someone brought up Eddie House and he said, "Think bigger than Eddie House." I doubt that it was Van Horn he was talking about. He also said that the Nuggets are still very much in the running for Iverson, but if another deal comes up that they like, they'll pull their offer off the table with Philly and go another direction. They're not going to wait around for Billy King to make up his mind and it's looking more and more like Iverson could be back in Philly at the beginning of next season.

Van Horn wouldn't be a bad option if all else fails. He won't command much $$ and he's a decent shooter. I'd take him if nothing else materializes
Drool. No idea who it would be, though. I would love Iverson, but not really sure if he's worth giving up Miller and Camby for (Camby especially).

I'm really starting to like Warky. He seems pretty savy. Hopefully he's the guy in charge and Stan just smiles and nods at what he proposes. Kroenke seems to, at least, give him at lot more respect and sway than he ever gave Kiki. Plus, Warky is a cool nickname for a GM.
Old 07-23-2006, 02:12 AM   #89
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
I'm really starting to like Warky. He seems pretty savy. Hopefully he's the guy in charge and Stan just smiles and nods at what he proposes. Kroenke seems to, at least, give him at lot more respect and sway than he ever gave Kiki. Plus, Warky is a cool nickname for a GM.
It sounds like it's Warky & Bearup who are making most of the decisions while getting input from Karl and Kroenke having the final say.
Old 07-23-2006, 02:17 AM   #90
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

This whole being pro-active and making deals thing makes me tingley all over. Thanks for nothing, Kiki.

And I read on insider that we were looking at Van Horn and were still in the AI running. The cool thing about this AI deal is that I don't expect it to happen at all, which will make me that much more excited if we DO do it.

But this whole other deal being worked on is intriguing.

And Goooo Carmelo!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg canthony_usa06_16_gm_270.jpg (84.8 KB, 21 views)
Old 07-23-2006, 02:20 AM   #91
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

In an unrelated topic, are the NBA balls used in-season going to have that white stripe on them? I don't recall seeing it on the balls they showed when it was first announced... Kinda funky, but I'll get used to it.

I'd love it if we went ABA style, but it'll never happen.
Old 07-23-2006, 02:22 AM   #92
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

I don't think they did, but I could be wrong.

I guess I could get used to it, though I agree that the red, white & blue ball would be cool to see again.
Old 07-23-2006, 02:23 AM   #93
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

Where is this white striped ball at?
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 02:24 AM   #94
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Connor Barth

Quote:
This whole being pro-active and making deals thing makes me tingley all over. Thanks for nothing, Kiki.

And I read on insider that we were looking at Van Horn and were still in the AI running. The cool thing about this AI deal is that I don't expect it to happen at all, which will make me that much more excited if we DO do it.

But this whole other deal being worked on is intriguing.

And Goooo Carmelo!
Carmelo's has got to make this freaking squad. At least, I hope so. It can't be anything but good for him; working out in with the best players in the world will only make him better. Plus, everything I've read is that this team is alllllll business and ready to bring home the gold at the world championships.

Imagine that? Modern players treating the World Championships like it's freaking Fort Knox. I think it's awesome.
Old 07-23-2006, 02:26 AM   #95
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Jesus CO, that Av is scary. Nene needs to shave his head or something.
Old 07-23-2006, 02:27 AM   #96
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
http://letyoursoulglo.ytmnd.com/

Old 07-23-2006, 02:33 AM   #97
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Connor Barth

Quote:
I dug the mini fro he had for the 3 minutes he played last year. But the hair is getting out of control. Hopefully the Nuggets can cquire AI's hairdresser to help him out. That sht would look tight braided.
Old 07-23-2006, 02:40 AM   #98
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Carmelo's has got to make this freaking squad. At least, I hope so. It can't be anything but good for him; working out in with the best players in the world will only make him better. Plus, everything I've read is that this team is alllllll business and ready to bring home the gold at the world championships.

Imagine that? Modern players treating the World Championships like it's freaking Fort Knox. I think it's awesome.
I think Carmelo will make the squad. Everything being said is great, and Coach K has said he likes his game. Plus I think there is going to be a focus on the young guys, so they can form a nucleus to stay together for years.

Now, as for this whole "all business" thing, I'm skeptical. Now everybody knows that I don't care what these guys do off-the court, or field, or ice, or whatever. As long as it doesn't affect their play, these guys can do whatever thye want.

But, with that said, I was listening to this local radio show in Denver that comes on right after Jim Rome on 950 AM... It's two guys, one is a Nuggets guy and one is a former Bronco... the names escape me. Anyways, the point that the nuggets guy made was, if this is supposed to be all business, why go to Vegas? Why not the Springs which has an olympic training grounds? Why go to a place where the guys are going to want to get laid, party, etc the whole time? Why go to a place with temptation 24 hours a day?

Like I said, I don't care what these guys do off the court. Wanna go to a club? Fine. Hell I've seen Mike Anderson, during the season, downtown on a thursday night smoking a cigarette, which can't be good for a running back.

But with that said, I'm not going to buy this "we're all business" thing until I see the final cut and see them play. I totally see the guy's point. Vegas is trouble.
Old 07-23-2006, 02:40 AM   #99
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Connor Barth

Oh yeah, and speaking of new hair (sorry about the double post)
Old 07-23-2006, 02:44 AM   #100
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
I think Carmelo will make the squad. Everything being said is great, and Coach K has said he likes his game. Plus I think there is going to be a focus on the young guys, so they can form a nucleus to stay together for years.

Now, as for this whole "all business" thing, I'm skeptical. Now everybody knows that I don't care what these guys do off-the court, or field, or ice, or whatever. As long as it doesn't affect their play, these guys can do whatever thye want.

But, with that said, I was listening to this local radio show in Denver that comes on right after Jim Rome on 950 AM... It's two guys, one is a Nuggets guy and one is a former Bronco... the names escape me. Anyways, the point that the nuggets guy made was, if this is supposed to be all business, why go to Vegas? Why not the Springs which has an olympic training grounds? Why go to a place where the guys are going to want to get laid, party, etc the whole time? Why go to a place with temptation 24 hours a day?

Like I said, I don't care what these guys do off the court. Wanna go to a club? Fine. Hell I've seen Mike Anderson, during the season, downtown on a thursday night smoking a cigarette, which can't be good for a running back.

But with that said, I'm not going to buy this "we're all business" thing until I see the final cut and see them play. I totally see the guy's point. Vegas is trouble.
Maybe having it in Vegas is a test of sorts to see who's really committed and who isn't. Maybe they want to see how these guys are going to operate amidst distractions. Maybe they want to see who's going to party late into the night and then stumble in to practice and who is going to stay focused, get a good night's sleep and be ready to go when practice starts.

Just an idea, but it wouldn't surprise me if that was the thinking behind it.