The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NBA & NCAA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. This poll is closed

Old 06-21-2006, 08:44 AM   #1426
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets4
I think someone needs to update their list.
Yeah, the "non-elite" Suns only made it 6 games deep into the Western Conference Finals by accident, or maybe Stern just wants to sell Marion jerseys in the 'hood?

And the "competitive" Heat, well come on, Dwayne Wade jerseys are the big sellers. Their team isn't very good, but it's that damn NBA conspiracy that gave them the Championship.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 09:15 AM   #1427
Master___Pain
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rock Hoover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rulon Velvet Jones
Well, ****.

It's been a fun ride. As some of you might know, I'm in the Mavericks Drumline. This was our 3rd year with the team and it's been a blast. As this thing was winding down tonight I talked to one of the other guys and pointed out that we've been doing this mess for 8 months now. 8 months. Had a great time throughout the season. We performed at the All-Star Game in Houston. Met a bunch of really cool people, some players and celebs as well. It was a great honor to be invited and we put the smack down on the Pistons drumline in front of a packed house.

The playoffs were just a line of heart attacks - one after the other. I, for one, am so proud of my team and make no excuses. It is what it is. I thought, much like the team is right now, that they came up short and didn't have that same drive that Miami did. Wade is frickin' sick. Now, I don't like anyone to be compared to Jordan and don't feel he is - but he's pretty damn solid. If he's made his way to the top of the key, just punch up 2 on the board because he's getting his.

So, all in all, it's been fun and I'm looking forward to this team regrouping ad attacking the next season with some of the lessons they've learned during these playoffs. Because win or lose, they've changed in this past 2 months. Keith Van Horn can die for all I care. Armstrong will likely be gone and I see Daniels being traded.

But now - It's Broncos Time, b****es! Bring on FOOTBALL SEASON!

100% Class right there RVJ. It's unfortunate that because of a couple of head in the sand, conspiracy believing dorks that the mavs are geting blasted on this thread. You are a stand up guy.
Master___Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 09:23 AM   #1428
freak6
Ring of Famer

Impeach President Cheney and Puppet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MJK

That foul they called on Dirk, when Wade went left with about 30 seconds left, yeah, that was all Wade throwing an forearm at Dirk...bs call yet again.

2 Free throws, Heat up 3 instead of Dirk at the line for 2 free throws to take the lead.

What a terrible call!!!

Still, Mavs choked away the series in Game 3, but got fkd in 5.
freak6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 11:10 AM   #1429
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

Bigger choke, Lefty or Dallas?

I pick Dallas. Mickelson had a one hole brain lock. Dallas took several days to fully assume the fetal position.
-Slap- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 11:14 AM   #1430
Tredici
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Slap-
Bigger choke, Lefty or Dallas?

I pick Dallas. Mickelson had a one hole brain lock. Dallas took several days to fully assume the fetal position.
I dunno. Lefty had 71 holes where the driver wasn't working. Apparently he needed 72 to really figure it out...
Tredici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 11:26 AM   #1431
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.

Tight Butthole

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC

Didn't Mickelson hit a drive into the hospitality tent? Even I've never done that.
Rulon Velvet Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 11:32 AM   #1432
Master___Pain
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rock Hoover

Quote:
Didn't Mickelson hit a drive into the hospitality tent? Even I've never done that.
Keep trying, you can do it!
Old 06-21-2006, 11:42 AM   #1433
bombay
Ring of Famer

Has anyone ever seen Angry Llama and Dirk the same time? They seem to have disappeared together.

Hmm.....
bombay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 12:09 PM   #1434
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

Quote:

So, all in all, it's been fun and I'm looking forward to this team regrouping ad attacking the next season with some of the lessons they've learned during these playoffs. Because win or lose, they've changed in this past 2 months. Keith Van Horn can die for all I care. Armstrong will likely be gone and I see Daniels being traded.
Keep Daniels and trade that a-hole Stackhouse. That guy is worthless.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 12:38 PM   #1435
Master___Pain
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rock Hoover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister
Keep Daniels and trade that a-hole Stackhouse. That guy is worthless.
Without Stack, the Mavs get blown out last night, he made some big shots in the 4th and had a huge block on Haslem. The rest of his body of work may not be that great, but he was huge in the 4th last night, kind of like Dirk.
Old 06-21-2006, 12:47 PM   #1436
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master___Pain
Without Stack, the Mavs get blown out last night, he made some big shots in the 4th and had a huge block on Haslem. The rest of his body of work may not be that great, but he was huge in the 4th last night, kind of like Dirk.
It doesn't really matter. He's been consistently bad in the playoffs. He's boneheaded. Once in a while he does something great, but it's not worth it for all the other problems he causes. He's dumb and he has stone hands. He also likes to play franchise player. Get rid of him.
Old 06-21-2006, 01:32 PM   #1437
The Big E
Ring of Famer

Quote:
It doesn't really matter. He's been consistently bad in the playoffs. He's boneheaded. Once in a while he does something great, but it's not worth it for all the other problems he causes. He's dumb and he has stone hands. He also likes to play franchise player. Get rid of him.
Focusing on Stackhouse as the problem is BS. One team's star stepped up, the other did nothing more than blend in. Their teammates responded accordingly, and actually Stackhouse was on of the few Mavs who didn't play like a scared little biatch.
The Big E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 02:15 PM   #1438
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big E
Focusing on Stackhouse as the problem is BS. One team's star stepped up, the other did nothing more than blend in. Their teammates responded accordingly, and actually Stackhouse was on of the few Mavs who didn't play like a scared little biatch.

I would have to agree, Stack wanted to play physical with the Heat but the rest of the team played with finesse. That is why they lost this series, they just couldnt man up enough.
Northman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 02:31 PM   #1439
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis
I would have to agree, Stack wanted to play physical with the Heat but the rest of the team played with finesse. That is why they lost this series, they just couldnt man up enough.
That plus we Nowitznessed "The Next Larry Bird" shooting under 40% for the series.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 02:39 PM   #1440
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

Stack's block was a huge play and it should have totally altered momentum, but the rest of the Mavs were playing scared.
-Slap- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 03:24 PM   #1441
Nuggets4
Requisite Nugs Die-Hard

Buffaloes, Buffaloes, Go C-U!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Allen Iverson

I hate Stackhouse with a passion, but in no way is he to blame for the Mavs losing.
Nuggets4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 03:35 PM   #1442
Nuggets4
Requisite Nugs Die-Hard

Buffaloes, Buffaloes, Go C-U!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Allen Iverson

Stolen from Clutchfans.net. I think the funniest part is the fine print.
Nuggets4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 03:49 PM   #1443
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Just heard on 950 The Fan that Carmelo's agent has said that he'd like to get a contract extension signed next month (the earliest it can be done).

If the Nuggets can pull their heads out of their collective sphincters for a few seconds, they'll get this done immediatly, before Carmelo changes his mind. Another year of the BS that went on last season and he may re-think his "I wanna be a Nugget for life" statement.
Old 06-21-2006, 04:05 PM   #1444
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Here's the article.

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_3960682

With NBA free agency set to begin a week from Saturday, the Nuggets are gearing up for talks, even without a replacement for former general manager Kiki Vandeweghe on board. However, their most important contract talks will be with a player not due on the market for another year - small forward Carmelo Anthony.

Calvin Andrews, Anthony's agent, reiterated his desire for a quick negotiation. Anthony appears to be a good candidate for a maximum contract extension, which could be signed in July.

"Our plan is to hopefully have someone to talk to, even if it's (owner) Stan (Kroenke), on July 1, and move to get something done," Andrews said Tuesday. "I know there's no GM in place, but somebody should be. We'll deal with that somebody. There's enough conversation to know that's what everybody wants to do. That's what everybody wants to get hammered out."
-------------

This seems like a slam dunk, though I have this feeling gnawing at me that the Nuggets will find a way to **** things up. Prove me wrong, please, prove me wrong.
Old 06-21-2006, 04:16 PM   #1445
Master___Pain
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rock Hoover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange
This seems like a slam dunk, though I have this feeling gnawing at me that the Nuggets will find a way to **** things up. Prove me wrong, please, prove me wrong.
Amen brother, Amen.
Old 06-22-2006, 02:22 PM   #1446
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...t&lid=tab2pos2

'Cuban Whistle Crisis'

Mark Cuban reminds me of Ron Artest.

You fall in love with his passion, energy and versatility, but you realize his mental instability very well could wreck your entire organization.

As commissioner David Stern contemplates how to deal with the "Cuban Whistle Crisis," a predicament that could totally undermine the public perception progress the NBA enjoyed this season, the commish would be wise to consult his Artest playbook.

Cuban, the billionaire owner of the Dallas Whinericks, won't be fined into sanity. b****ing about officiating and paying a couple of million dollars a year for that right is nothing more than a simple, tax-deductible business expense for the league's best blogger.

Nope. It's going to take a prolonged, arena-banning suspension to end the "Cuban Whistle Crisis," a nickname coined by Washington Post columnist Mike Wise.

Stern should begin with a symbolic 13-day suspension of Cuban to start the 2006-07 season, then go with a season-long ban if Cuban acts up again.

Cuban's behavior and the conduct of Dallas coach Avery Johnson and superstar Dirk Nowitzki during the just-completed NBA Finals warrant far more drastic action than the $250,000 fine Stern leveled on Cuban before Game 6.

Not only did the "Cuban Whistle Crisis" overshadow the unveiling of Dwyane Wade as the league's most embraceable megastar since Jordan, but its fallout foreshadows a potential Artest-like eruption in the stands. Maybe you missed the American Airlines Center public-address announcer admonishing Mavericks fans not to throw objects on the court. Maybe you turned off your TV before witnessing Mavericks fans drown out with boos Stern's championship trophy presentation to the Heat. Cuban, Johnson, Nowitzki and the co-signing Dallas media turned Game 6 into a Rodney King-verdict powder keg. Mavs fans were convinced they had irrefutable video evidence of officiating crimes of the highest order. The paranoia of Dallas' out-of-control owner caused the normally classy and high-road-driving Johnson to lose his composure and melt into a world-class crybaby. Johnson's crying gave Nowitzki the out he needed to avoid eye contact with a mirror and instead kick chairs and exercise bikes rather than fourth-quarter ass.

You think Cuban's antics haven't planted the seeds of discontent that could blossom into a nutty Mavs fan going after a referee or sparking an in-arena melee?

Artest didn't hop into the stands without warning. When you heard that an NBA player ran into the stands and set off a riot, you were not surprised at all when you learned it was Ron Artest. You never suspected Tim Duncan, Steve Nash, Shaq, Reggie Miller, Rip Hamilton or Kevin Garnett. The list of candidates was very short, and Artest was always the No. 1 suspect.

If an NBA ref gets attacked on the court or hit with an object, you won't be surprised when the story has a Dallas dateline. Cuban has created the environment. His complaints about officiating have some merit. There's a kernel of truth in every extremist's argument. A planted bloody glove might win an acquittal, but it doesn't clear a conscience. The fact that NBA refs are inconsistent doesn't justify the "Cuban Whistle Crisis." Stern isn't out to get Cuban. Stern is nowhere near that small or stupid. Cuban, the Mavericks and Nowitzki are three of the best things to happen to Stern's league in the past five years.

It would've been far better for the league had Nowitzki -- one of Stern's white, foreign imports -- won the title and shown the kind of heart and determination Wade displayed. Stern didn't want Nowitzki to choke at the free-throw line, dish to Erick Dampier in the clutch and refuse to drive anywhere near Shaq and the lane in the final minutes. Had Nowitzki gone to the hole as relentlessly as Wade, he would've received the same bogus calls as Wade. Refs can't help rewarding superstars for being aggressive. Beyond the "Cuban Whistle Crisis," Stern must crack down on Cuban because he's sabotaging the message about professionalism the league has been preaching to its players. You think Allen Iverson isn't sitting at home taking notes on Cuban thugged-out in his Mavs jersey sitting behind the bench and acting a fool? Cuban is as big an NBA star as all but a handful of players. He represents the league. But he can dress how he wants, drop F-bombs on refs, taunt fans, charge onto the court and question the integrity of the league pretty much without fear of significant reprisal. Meanwhile, Iverson needs to wear a sport coat on the bench and report to work on time on fan appreciation night. If you had to guess, what do you think Allen and his homies have to say about this bit of hypocrisy? Just take a guess. It's time for Stern to censure Cuban and back it with a suspension -- a ban from arenas. A ban during the Finals would've been a mistake. Cuban would've been viewed as a martyr.

Now Stern can call Cuban and Johnson into the commissioner's office and explain in detail why the NBA can't tolerate Dallas' continued whining. It's unhealthy for the league. If not stopped, the "Cuban Whistle Crisis" will escalate and turn into a Crimson Tide.
Old 06-22-2006, 02:27 PM   #1447
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

Quote:
Not only did the "Cuban Whistle Crisis" overshadow the unveiling of Dwyane Wade as the league's most embraceable megastar since Jordan
Give me a ****ing break. What a joke.
Old 06-22-2006, 02:34 PM   #1448
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Give me a ****ing break. What a joke.
Looks like we found a Whitlock article that you don't quite care for.

This is the part that really stood out to me.

Quote:
The paranoia of Dallas' out-of-control owner caused the normally classy and high-road-driving Johnson to lose his composure and melt into a world-class crybaby. Johnson's crying gave Nowitzki the out he needed to avoid eye contact with a mirror and instead kick chairs and exercise bikes rather than fourth-quarter ass.

Spot on.
Old 06-22-2006, 02:40 PM   #1449
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
[Stern isn't out to get Cuban. Stern is nowhere near that small or stupid. Cuban, the Mavericks and Nowitzki are three of the best things to happen to Stern's league in the past five years.

It would've been far better for the league had Nowitzki -- one of Stern's white, foreign imports -- won the title and shown the kind of heart and determination Wade displayed. Stern didn't want Nowitzki to choke at the free-throw line, dish to Erick Dampier in the clutch and refuse to drive anywhere near Shaq and the lane in the final minutes. Had Nowitzki gone to the hole as relentlessly as Wade, he would've received the same bogus calls as Wade.
Wait, wasn't somebody on this board just saying the other day that the league would have preferred that the white guy won and been the face of the league? Oh yeah, it was me, a couple pages ago in this thread.

But much like the simple-minded idiots looking for anybody to blame except Nowitzki and his lack of leadership, (and free throw shooting) they decided that it MUST have been David Stern trying to sell a few Wade jerseys in the 'hood that got Miami the title.

To paraphrase an OMane classic: "Maverick fans, I love you retards." *

*Does not apply to Rulon, he's good people.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 03:00 PM   #1450
The Big E
Ring of Famer

Quote:
[URL] Stern didn't want Nowitzki to choke at the free-throw line, dish to Erick Dampier in the clutch and refuse to drive anywhere near Shaq and the lane in the final minutes. Had Nowitzki gone to the hole as relentlessly as Wade, he would've received the same bogus calls as Wade. Refs can't help rewarding superstars for being aggressive.
This is what hits home to me. As much as I was annoyed by the calls Wade got, it's not a secret that star players get favorable calls, as we'd seen with Dirk in every series leading up to the finals. Everyone knows this, but only one star player took advantage of it, and surprise surprise, his team won. Dirk would've gotten the calls, too, especially at home, had he taken the ball to the hole.
The Big E is offline   Reply With Quote