The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NBA & NCAA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. This poll is closed

Old 06-16-2006, 11:48 PM   #1126
yavoon
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rulon Velvet Jones
What's not to like about a tall white boy that can shoot 3s?

Oh wait - they're a dime a dozen. Maybe it was the Opie hair.
his career averages, which includes his benchtime is 16 pts and 6.8 rebounds.

I can tell u if u guys let him go he'd be a phoenix sun. for fun comparison tim thomas career #'s are 12 pts and 4 rebounds.
yavoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 12:15 AM   #1127
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rulon Velvet Jones
Avery packed up the team and moved them 45 minutes away this afternoon. Said his team thought they were on vacation a little too much and weren't focused on the task at hand. Let's hope the suspension and this stingy move brings them a little closer together.
Hmm, are you sure brand new imported leather massage chairs from the owner wouldn't work better? Especially if it was highly publicized?

Dirk better hope his team pulls out the series. His days in Dallas will be numbered otherwise. Mark the petulant man child will surely scapegoat him and throw him to the wolves in the off season.
-Slap- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 01:37 AM   #1128
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

All I have to say is, I lost money on both games 3 and 4 while in Vegas. Damn you Dirk & Co.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 04:50 AM   #1129
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

Stackhouse has been suspended for game 5.

Good news for Dallas!
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 12:32 PM   #1130
GonzoLays
Five Tool Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#3 DJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets4
Hey Gonzo,

On behalf of everyone cheering for Miami, I'm going to ask you to stop pissing off the basketball Gods. Wait until the series is over, and then if you get your way, talk all you want.

Thank you.
Actually, I'm not cheering for the Heat. I could give two ****s about who wins this series.

The NBA finals since it has been on ABC is disappointing. It just doesn't have that same feel to it as the late 80's and early 90's. I don't know if it this the coverage on ABC or what but when you watch it you just don't get the feel that its the NBA finals. When the games use to be on NBC you could feel the drama through the TV set. Now, it just seems like a regular season game. You know what it is? Its the crowd noise. ABC does not put enough mics on the crowd. When Dewayne Wade makes a crazy layup and gets fouled you can barely hear the crowd going nuts. Remember when Jordan did that sensational move by switching hands as he went in for the layup against the Lakers back in 91? You could barely hear the announcers because the crowd noise was so loud. You felt like you were apart of something special; like this might have been the greatest move in NBA finals history. Now, you can't feel ****. No emotion to it. Wade does something crazy or Nowitski hits a big three and there is a small murmur from the crowd. So disappointing. I hate ABC for this. I don't know if I'm watching a preseason game or the greatest game in NBA history.
GonzoLays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 12:36 PM   #1131
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoLays
Remember when Jordan did that sensational move by switching hands as he went in for the layup against the Lakers back in 91?
I remember my disgust when gutless Byron Scott whined afterwards, "Michael was taunting us!"

Chicago never would have won a game in that series if James Worthy hadn't rolled his ankle on Duckworth's fat foot in the WCF.
Old 06-17-2006, 01:01 PM   #1132
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

Gonzo, These playoffs have been the best in years. The finals, barring game 3 have been blowouts, but regardless, it's knotted 2-2 and only two teams have recovered to take it. I don't watch basketball till the sweet 16 and NBA playoffs. Same with baseball.

The real joke is how "football" is the most popular sport in the world. It's unwatchable. They flop and feign injury all the damn time...so often that each game should come down to just the goalies. It sucks the big one. I just don't get it. I think it's great for kids for developing their skills and fitness, but as a spectator sport, I just don't get it.

I always liked field hockey. Eventually they pulled our sticks in HS...those bastards! I just about went out and bought a new, good set (not all that expensive), but it was banned because we were high sticking, slashing, rough housing and well...playing hockey. The PE teacher got tired of calling penalties but God that was fun.
watermock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 01:03 PM   #1133
GonzoLays
Five Tool Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#3 DJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Slap-
I remember my disgust when gutless Byron Scott whined afterwards, "Michael was taunting us!"

Chicago never would have won a game in that series if James Worthy hadn't rolled his ankle on Duckworth's fat foot in the WCF.
I don't know, you are a Laker's fan so you see it differently, but that 91 Laker's team just didn't have "it." I remember that squad. All you guys did was fastbreak and shoot jumpers. Probably the worst defensive Laker team to ever make the finals.

Take into account that Terry Teagle was your bench I would say that even if Worthy had not sprained his ankle, Chicago still would have won that series.
Old 06-17-2006, 01:10 PM   #1134
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I don't know, you are a Laker's fan so you see it differently, but that 91 Laker's team just didn't have "it." I remember that squad. All you guys did was fastbreak and shoot jumpers. Probably the worst defensive Laker team to ever make the finals.

Take into account that Terry Teagle was your bench I would say that even if Worthy had not sprained his ankle, Chicago still would have won that series.
Chicago wasn't a deep team, either. Having Big Game James playing hobbled completely destroyed the Lakers' chances. I agree about the team defense. In fact, Worthy was probably the best defensive player on the roster that year, so his lack of mobility killed us at both ends. He was "shooting jumpers" in that series because he couldn't drive to the basket on his ankle.

Hey, people are willing to grant Michael two Rings he didn't win, so I don't expect anyone to concede any of the ones he did win.

My main point of the post was Byron Scott is an overrated beetch.
Old 06-17-2006, 01:12 PM   #1135
Nuggets4
Requisite Nugs Die-Hard

Buffaloes, Buffaloes, Go C-U!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Allen Iverson

Quote:
The NBA finals since it has been on ABC is disappointing. It just doesn't have that same feel to it as the late 80's and early 90's.
It's because it doesn't have this
Nuggets4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 01:24 PM   #1136
GonzoLays
Five Tool Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#3 DJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Slap-
Chicago wasn't a deep team, either. Having Big Game James playing hobbled completely destroyed the Lakers' chances. I agree about the team defense. In fact, Worthy was probably the best defensive player on the roster that year, so his lack of mobility killed us at both ends. He was "shooting jumpers" in that series because he couldn't drive to the basket on his ankle.

Hey, people are willing to grant Michael two Rings he didn't win, so I don't expect anyone to concede any of the ones he did win.

My main point of the post was Byron Scott is an overrated beetch.
Hey, I am of the opinion that if you took the Bulls team of the early 90's and put them in the middle of the 80's there is no way they would have won a championship. They only had two good players -- Jordan and Pippen. The mid 80's Celtics and Lakers were starting three or four hall of famers at one time!

Robert Parish was asked about a month ago what was the greatest team he ever played on and he said it was the 86 Celtics (he won a ring with the Bulls as well). He said the Bulls only had two great players and that one of them (Pippen) could have been easily shut down leaving only Jordan to contend with. He said no matter how great one player is basketball is a team sport and you can't win championships against GREAT teams with only two guys doing the damage.
Old 06-17-2006, 01:27 PM   #1137
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets4
It's because it doesn't have this
HELL yes.
Old 06-18-2006, 02:41 PM   #1138
GonzoLays
Five Tool Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#3 DJ

Times get a little rough for the Mavs and the bandwagon fan jump ships...

Old 06-18-2006, 02:51 PM   #1139
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

It's gunna be a good one tonight... But I will have to take my Entourage break at 8 nonetheless.
Old 06-18-2006, 03:42 PM   #1140
FantomForce
Long live the Mane!

The Incredible BULK!

Heat all the way tonight!
FantomForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 06:06 PM   #1141
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

For all the hate ABC is getting, this intro is bad ass, with all the old players and Finals moments.
Old 06-18-2006, 06:55 PM   #1142
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci

Quote:
Hey, I am of the opinion that if you took the Bulls team of the early 90's and put them in the middle of the 80's there is no way they would have won a championship. They only had two good players -- Jordan and Pippen. The mid 80's Celtics and Lakers were starting three or four hall of famers at one time!

Robert Parish was asked about a month ago what was the greatest team he ever played on and he said it was the 86 Celtics (he won a ring with the Bulls as well). He said the Bulls only had two great players and that one of them (Pippen) could have been easily shut down leaving only Jordan to contend with. He said no matter how great one player is basketball is a team sport and you can't win championships against GREAT teams with only two guys doing the damage.

For once i actually agree with you. Damn, i feel dirty.
Northman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 07:26 PM   #1143
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

Wade is missing badly.
watermock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 07:38 PM   #1144
Nuggets4
Requisite Nugs Die-Hard

Buffaloes, Buffaloes, Go C-U!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Allen Iverson

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU
For all the hate ABC is getting, this intro is bad ass, with all the old players and Finals moments.
Until they have John Tesh's song as the intro, I will never compliment one of their intros.
Nuggets4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 07:40 PM   #1145
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

Wade choking and Shaq is worthless.
Old 06-18-2006, 08:19 PM   #1146
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Ok...Wade is getting his fire back.
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 08:22 PM   #1147
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

This 4th quarter is going to be epic.
Old 06-18-2006, 08:53 PM   #1148
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy
Ok...Wade is getting his fire back.
Wade is a joke tonight. The officials are calling a foul if Dallas breathes on him. 22 free throws? Pathetic.
Old 06-18-2006, 09:01 PM   #1149
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Keep dissing Wade, it appears to be working.
Old 06-18-2006, 09:03 PM   #1150
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

Geez, I can't believe they bailed Dirk out on that out of control slop.