The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NBA & NCAA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. This poll is closed

Old 06-16-2006, 01:33 PM   #1101
GonzoLays
Five Tool Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#3 DJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets4
RVJ is all class. But we should cut llama some slack. He's trying to see if he still fits into his Jordan Bulls jersey.
GonzoLays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 01:34 PM   #1102
Master___Pain
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rock Hoover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rulon Velvet Jones
I don't think Llama is hiding, he probably just hasn't come around here yet.
Why do I have the feeling that Llama would have found the time to post here had the Mavs won last night? Pure specualtion on my part

What I meant to say in my post before game three was the the Mavs would sweep at HOME. They still will.
Master___Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 01:37 PM   #1103
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master___Pain
Why do I have the feeling that Llama would have found the time to post here 30 or 40 times had the Mavs won last night? Pure specualtion on my part.
-Slap- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 01:44 PM   #1104
GonzoLays
Five Tool Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#3 DJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Slap-
So, Mr C H O K E goes 2-14 and then falls back on the old playoff ankle routine again.......

Should we place Dirk in the Pantheon of Clutch Performers yet? What a joke. I don't know if Miami is going to win this series but that has to be the biggest choke job by a so-called superstar in the history of sports. 2-14 in the NBA Finals? What?

I think Paul Silas said it best on NBA Shootaround: "Avery Johnson cannot design anymore plays for this guy. At one point, like all superstars do, they have to make things happen for themselves. I don't know if he has that kind of ability."

Exactly.

He's money if you let him shoot his 12 foot jumper or give him an open shot. But if he is matched up with a team that actually plays defense like Miami, and has the athletes that can actually matchup with him, he struggles mightily.

They showed a telling statistic about his playoff performance:

30 pt's a game and 56% shooting against Memphis in Round One
28 pts a game and 52% shooting against San Antonio in Round Two
26 pts a game and 48% shooting against Phoenix in Round Three
22 pts a game and 42% shooting against Miami in The Finals

Is that what you call clutch? If it is then it is time to place Scottie Pippen and Byron Scott in the Pantheon as well.

Last edited by GonzoLays; 06-16-2006 at 01:46 PM..
Old 06-16-2006, 01:49 PM   #1105
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

Dirk has had two horrible games. So has Shaq. The MVP so far is Wade by a country mile, no matter who wins the series.
watermock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 01:55 PM   #1106
GonzoLays
Five Tool Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#3 DJ

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/14830209.htm

Former Heat stars, meanwhile, also commented on Nowitzki's stinkiness from the free-throw line in Game 3, when a 90-percent shooter missed the game's most important one with three seconds left to tie the game.

''He choked,'' said Tim Hardaway.

''He choked,'' said Steve Smith.

''He choked,'' said Glen Rice.

That's the spirit, guys.

....And as all this hostility and noise and physicality escalated, the seven-foot Nowitzki shrunk to the size of agate type.

Nowitzki was an unspeakably bad 2 for 14.

Nowitzki kept missing wide-open shots.

Nowitzki must have Hasselhoff chants ringing in his ears.

It is not a very good time to be Nowitzki, obviously.

Last edited by GonzoLays; 06-16-2006 at 01:57 PM..
Old 06-16-2006, 02:20 PM   #1107
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
2. Miami physically intimidated Nowitzki
On their second possession of the game, Nowitzki curled off a weak-side screen and was wide open as he missed a catch-and-shoot 17-footer. From then on he was absolutely flat-footed whenever he caught the ball. In the pivot. On the high-post. And on the perimeter. This gave Nowitzki's defenders (mostly Haslem, but also James Posey) virtually unlimited opportunities to get into his body and lay non-healing hands upon his person. Aside from the punishment Nowitzki was forced to absorb, he had to work too hard constantly bumping and grinding to manufacture shots for himself. And while he was busily overhandling, Miami's baseline defenders (mostly Shaq and Alonzo Mourning) had time to join the fun.

That's the main reason why Nowitzki was 2-for-14 from the floor, and was guilty of four turnovers.

The Heat were so intent on assaulting Nowitzki that they frequently made contact after he had lofted long-distance shots. (He was 1-5 from downtown.) But the three blind mice neither saw, heard, nor whistled any of the defensive evils committed against the Mavs' go-to point-maker. It's the playoffs after all.

And here's a pair of third quarter incidents that exemplified the difference between the spotlighted players on the opposing teams: As Nowitzki drove hard to the hoop, Shaq stepped up and brutally knocked him to the floor with a massive forearm and shoulder. Hey, junior! This is where I live, and this is what you get when you try to crash the party!
Nowitzki was jolted and dazed, but he picked himself up and staggered to the free throw line. Subsequently, Nowitzki widely celebrated as being a 90% shooter from the stripe, and having recently bricked a critical freebie that would have knotted the score at the end of Game 3 made only 1-of-2.

Shortly thereafter, Shaq found himself lumbering down the court on a fast-break. After receiving a pass from Williams, Shaq was body-blocked by a hustling Jerry Stackhouse. No attempt was made to block Shaq's layup, and the refs quickly agreed that a Category One flagrant foul was in order. (Although it seemed that a Category Two, and an ejection, would have been much more appropriate.) Shaq fell far and he fell hard. But Shaq widely ridiculed for being such a miserable performer at the stripe made both of his attempts.

The point being that while some players can be intimidated by inordinate physical abuse, some can't.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/5700090
Some players can take punishment and some cant, I expect to see miss Nowitzki get roughed up some more in game 5.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 02:41 PM   #1108
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Shaq is hilarious...

"My daughters tackle me harder when I come home," O'Neal said. "I'm one of the last players of the old school, and you just have to take a hard foul like that and keep on moving. It actually felt pretty good to get hit like that. Thank you, Jerry. Appreciate it."
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/5700088
Old 06-16-2006, 03:23 PM   #1109
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

if Mia wins, does shaq retire?
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 03:24 PM   #1110
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.

Tight Butthole

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC

Too bad Shaq wasn't brave enough to show up after the G2 loss.

Gonzo, you've got to get off the Dirk Hate Wagon. Ask 100 people that intently follow the NBA and about 80 of them will have Dirk in their Top 5. Sure he's had a rough series so far, but it's not fair to dog his entire season or career based on a couple of bad outings.
Rulon Velvet Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 03:28 PM   #1111
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

yeah who do you think he is, brian griese

*runs from room*
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 03:32 PM   #1112
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by amesj523
if Mia wins, does shaq retire?
no.
Old 06-16-2006, 04:02 PM   #1113
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

Quote:
Too bad Shaq wasn't brave enough to show up after the G2 loss.

Gonzo, you've got to get off the Dirk Hate Wagon. Ask 100 people that intently follow the NBA and about 80 of them will have Dirk in their Top 5. Sure he's had a rough series so far, but it's not fair to dog his entire season or career based on a couple of bad outings.
That's no big deal. He pulled a Brian Griese vs. Oakland Monday Night Special. He might of said something he would of later regretted. Riley said he never had seen him so down on himself. Shaq wants a title BAD. Wade might be the best player in the NBA now.
watermock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 04:17 PM   #1114
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Jerry Stackhouse is suspended for game 5...per ESPNNEWS.
Old 06-16-2006, 04:50 PM   #1115
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champbailey

Good, it was pissing me off how some people were claiming that Stack shouldnt get suspended. Bout time the NBA showed some consistency regarding Flagrant Fouls. I heard callers claiming that the Heat need to drop their skirts. I guess there really isnt a need to drop them when you got Terry looking up Michael Finleys and trying to cop a feel. Looks like some of the thuggery is starting to show from the Mavs. They cant play defense so do the next best thing and try to hurt star players. Good thing Shaq is built like King Kong otherwise the Heat might have been a man down.
Northman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 04:51 PM   #1116
-Slap-
Ring of Famer

I believe Angry Llama has totally angered the Bad Luck Gods by stealing the great Jerry West's nickname and bestowing it upon someone so undeserving.

Think of all the athletes who've ever played, in all the different sports. Do you have any idea what it means to earn a handle like Mr Clutch?

-Slap- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 05:42 PM   #1117
GonzoLays
Five Tool Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#3 DJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champbailey
They had to. If they suspended James Posey for that forearm shiver to Kirk Hinrich while he was on his feet they had to suspend Stackhouse for that lethal blow to Shaq's body while he was in mid air. The big fella could have broken his neck and been paralyzed for life had he fallen on his head.

Blog that Mark Cuban!
Old 06-16-2006, 05:49 PM   #1118
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.

Tight Butthole

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC

No big deal. Stack brought a spark but is shooting just a tad over 25% in the past 2 games. Not exactly a world-beater.
Old 06-16-2006, 06:02 PM   #1119
GonzoLays
Five Tool Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#3 DJ

Quote:
No big deal. Stack brought a spark but is shooting just a tad over 25% in the past 2 games. Not exactly a world-beater.
You will be creaming your pants for Stackhouse's 25% shooting after 20 minutes of Marques Daniels. He is like a fish out of water in the playoffs.

This means that there is more pressure on Dirk to score. Uh-oh. (2-14)
Old 06-16-2006, 06:49 PM   #1120
Nuggets4
Requisite Nugs Die-Hard

Buffaloes, Buffaloes, Go C-U!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Allen Iverson

Hey Gonzo,

On behalf of everyone cheering for Miami, I'm going to ask you to stop pissing off the basketball Gods. Wait until the series is over, and then if you get your way, talk all you want.

Thank you.
Nuggets4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 06:54 PM   #1121
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.

Tight Butthole

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC

Gonzo's name needs to be changed to "_ in 6. Book it."

I think Avery will lean more on Griff back in the starting lineup and use more of Harris as the spark off the bench. Mbenga will use all 6 fouls pissing off the Miami centers with his energetic, yet erratic play. Keith Van Suck will sadly get a little more burn and this will be Quis' chance to show why he earned that big contract 2 years ago.

Avery packed up the team and moved them 45 minutes away this afternoon. Said his team thought they were on vacation a little too much and weren't focused on the task at hand. Let's hope the suspension and this stingy move brings them a little closer together.
Old 06-16-2006, 07:23 PM   #1122
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci

Quote:
Gonzo's name needs to be changed to "_ in 6. Book it."

I think Avery will lean more on Griff back in the starting lineup and use more of Harris as the spark off the bench. Mbenga will use all 6 fouls pissing off the Miami centers with his energetic, yet erratic play. Keith Van Suck will sadly get a little more burn and this will be Quis' chance to show why he earned that big contract 2 years ago.

Avery packed up the team and moved them 45 minutes away this afternoon. Said his team thought they were on vacation a little too much and weren't focused on the task at hand. Let's hope the suspension and this stingy move brings them a little closer together.

I forgot you guys had Keith Van Horn. Talk about a bust.
Old 06-16-2006, 09:24 PM   #1123
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.

Tight Butthole

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC

Was the guy ever a boom?
Old 06-16-2006, 09:24 PM   #1124
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci

Quote:
Was the guy ever a boom?

I just remember he got a lot of attention in college and seemed like a pretty decent shooter. Just never panned out i guess.
Old 06-16-2006, 11:34 PM   #1125
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.

Tight Butthole

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC

What's not to like about a tall white boy that can shoot 3s?

Oh wait - they're a dime a dozen. Maybe it was the Opie hair.