The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NBA & NCAA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. This poll is closed

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2006, 07:03 PM   #426
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.
 
Rulon Velvet Jones's Avatar
 
Tight Butthole

Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 6,665

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC
Default

Ain't no thang. Quizy comes up big Friday night.

Gonzo - do you only hate Cuban because he's white?
Rulon Velvet Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 10:32 PM   #427
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams
 
ludo21's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 19,031

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster
Default

And thats pretty much the game!!

Suns played horrific from what i saw tonight. Especially in this 4th Q, way too many missed layups. Forced 3's, the whole shabang!!

Cant wait for Game 7, lets all hope for a 4 OT buzzer beater by Bell
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 11:27 PM   #428
Nuggets4
Requisite Nugs Die-Hard
 
Nuggets4's Avatar
 
Buffaloes, Buffaloes, Go C-U!

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 4,335

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Allen Iverson
Default

The Sports Guy (ESPN.com) is right. David Stern for President. Seriously, I'd rather have him sitting down to negotiate with North Korea than any other politician in the world. He would make them cry.
Nuggets4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 11:38 PM   #429
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 36,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

The Terry suspension will really hurt. The two-guard option is taken away by Stu Jackson. The Mavs will likely start Stack or Daniels and will have to play differently.

I think that the suspension is a load of garbage. Terry flailed an arm in the direction of Finley's crotch, which was basically in his face. This happened right after Ginobili slammed Terry while he had the ball on the floor. There is footage that shows that something happened to Finley, but just what it was is unclear. The Ginobili foul is as clear as day though. All of this happening after the refs flubbed up a Dallas timeout and threw up another jump ball because they were not able to make clear judgments in the clutch is just adding insult to injury.

What is really confusing is why they suspend Terry for defending himself at the bottom of a pile of people that had already landed blows on him, and that they let a guy like Reg Evans remain on the team after the infamous nutgrab. The judgment doesnt fit the crime. The Bell suspension was obvious. The Artest suspension was done because of Artests history. Terry has a spotless history and was in a compromised position after taking a shot to his head. It just doesnt seem right. Dallas and their fans have experienced a huge injustice.

I know that Dallas is the better team, and I'm sure that they will be as ticked as their fandom is right now. I hope that the Mavs will give the dirty Spurs, the Spurs' friend Stu Jackson, and their arrogant fans a nice gift on Friday.
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 11:38 PM   #430
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 36,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets4
The Sports Guy (ESPN.com) is right. David Stern for President. Seriously, I'd rather have him sitting down to negotiate with North Korea than any other politician in the world. He would make them cry.
Wow.
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 05:53 AM   #431
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,109

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

This series is over. It's amusing to watch Gonzo grasp at hope just because the Spurs squeaked out a refs-aided win.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 07:20 AM   #432
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo
 
55CrushEm's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: North of Boston, MA
Posts: 6,173

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith
Default Bob and the Mavs

So Bob.....are you still feeling confident that the Mavs will win the series? .....big blow losing Jason Terry for game 6.

I'm sure Gonzo will have a big plate of crow for you......if they do wind up losing the series.

Oh, and I noticed many like to call Duncan a crybaby.....did you happen to hear Cuban on the radio? Jeeeesh.....

Finally, for the record.....I hate the NBA. It's pretty much all street ball now....filled with hip-hop'ers.....a lousy, selfish sport.....although I used to be a fan. I have little to no respect for David Stern.....when he pussed out on NOT banning Sprewell from the game for life.

That having been said....the calls in game 4 CLEARLY went the Mavs way, as many pointed out.....I did watch the game, as there was nothing else on TV Monday night. So for what it's worth.....I am a totally unbiased viewer of this series now, and yes, to repeat....the refs were handing that game to Dirk and Co.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 07:40 AM   #433
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,109

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

The refs even out in the end. I am done whining about them.

The Mavericks are the better team. The Spurs cannot beat them three times in a row.

Tonight the American Airlines Center will be filled with righteous anger.

The Spurs are walking into a hornet's nest.

TONIGHT...THE AXE COMES DOWN.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 07:42 AM   #434
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?
 
El Guapo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: VA (heart is in TX)
Posts: 3,935
Default

The Mav's are the better team and will win. This morning mark cuban was on the radio completely bashing the refs and the league and saying that the fans should boo finley louder than ever tonight.
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 07:45 AM   #435
ro_50
Ring of Famer
 
ro_50's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Somewhere in Jersey
Posts: 3,786
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryllama
The Terry suspension will really hurt. The two-guard option is taken away by Stu Jackson. The Mavs will likely start Stack or Daniels and will have to play differently.

I think that the suspension is a load of garbage. Terry flailed an arm in the direction of Finley's crotch, which was basically in his face. This happened right after Ginobili slammed Terry while he had the ball on the floor. There is footage that shows that something happened to Finley, but just what it was is unclear. The Ginobili foul is as clear as day though. All of this happening after the refs flubbed up a Dallas timeout and threw up another jump ball because they were not able to make clear judgments in the clutch is just adding insult to injury.

What is really confusing is why they suspend Terry for defending himself at the bottom of a pile of people that had already landed blows on him, and that they let a guy like Reg Evans remain on the team after the infamous nutgrab. The judgment doesnt fit the crime. The Bell suspension was obvious. The Artest suspension was done because of Artests history. Terry has a spotless history and was in a compromised position after taking a shot to his head. It just doesnt seem right. Dallas and their fans have experienced a huge injustice.

I know that Dallas is the better team, and I'm sure that they will be as ticked as their fandom is right now. I hope that the Mavs will give the dirty Spurs, the Spurs' friend Stu Jackson, and their arrogant fans a nice gift on Friday.

You know what, tough sh*t. He was seen on the videotape throwing a punch with a closed fist. Thats part of the freaking code of conduct, which warrants a suspension. Rules are rules.

Stop whining about it, the Mavs are good enough w/o Terry to defeat the Spurs. They have plenty of offensive firepower in Stackhouse, Daniels to ease the pressure of Terry and can go back to starting Adrian Griffin.

David Robinson got suspended in game 1 in the First round of the 2003 NBA playoffs against the Suns when he place one foot on the court from the bench during a argument on the court between two players.

ONE FOOT. And he quickly took it back after a second.

And Robinson's reputation as a person and player is SECOND TO NONE in the NBA.

Rules are rules. NBA rules dictate that if a player steps on the court during an on-court incident, it warrants a one-game suspension.

The Spurs brass didnt complain about it, they started Danny Ferry in his place for game two, which the Spurs had to win to not go down to Phoenix 0-2.

They wound winning the championship that year.

The Spurs are not dirty, most of the fans are not arrogant (I know I'm not) and they are not friends w/ Stu Jackson.

Please don't start this again about this BS consipiracy CRAP.

Mavs are still up 3-2 and are playing at home tonight.

That should be motivation enough.

Last edited by ro_50; 05-19-2006 at 08:22 AM..
ro_50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 07:47 AM   #436
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo
 
55CrushEm's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: North of Boston, MA
Posts: 6,173

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister
The Spurs cannot beat them three times in a row.
How come? Didn't the Mavs with 3 in a row in this series already?

I also thought the same about Phoenix in the 1st round.....
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 07:49 AM   #437
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo
 
55CrushEm's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: North of Boston, MA
Posts: 6,173

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick_7
The Mav's are the better team and will win. This morning mark cuban was on the radio completely bashing the refs and the league and saying that the fans should boo finley louder than ever tonight.
Oh, now THAT makes sense! Boo Finley because he got sucker-punched in the nuts ??

Perhaps Terry should go join Logan Mankins and the Patriots.....the nut-punching duo.....
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 07:54 AM   #438
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,109

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55CrushEm
How come? Didn't the Mavs with 3 in a row in this series already?
Yes. They are the better team.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 08:01 AM   #439
ro_50
Ring of Famer
 
ro_50's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Somewhere in Jersey
Posts: 3,786
Default

Instead of realizing the Mavs are on the verge of accomplishing something great, which is eliminating the team in the Western Conf. that besides the Lakers w/ Shaq and Kobe, teams have been trying to chase down for years: what do the Mavs owner do - he whines, complains and b*tches.

Think about this, The Spurs under Tim Duncan have been eliminated in the playoffs by only three teams, the Jazz in 1998's Second Round, the Suns in 2000 First Round (a series which TD didnt play in because of a knee injury suffered late that season, if he doesnt get injured, they roll in that series) and the Lakers (2001, 2002 and 2004).

So in essence, one team in the new millenium has eliminated the Spurs out West, the Lakers, which had great teams during their run at the top.

Cuban is one of the biggest whiners Ive seen in NBA HISTORY. Great owner, he has done a remarkable job in aiding in the turnaround of that franchise, he loves the game but just stop whining already.

The main reason why the Mavs are one win away is because AJ has outcoached his mentor (and no, his mentor is not Nellie) Pop, their offense has been in perfect harmony and they have hit some big jump shots. I complain about the officiating but the Spurs didnt convert down the stretch in games 3 and 4 to win those games.

Do Mavs fans realize what their team is on the verge of doing, eliminating a team that has won 3 RINGS in 7 years, 2 out of the last three, and a team that has been among the top teams in the ENTIRE LEAGUE FOR YEARS. If it wasnt for the Lakers and Shaq and Kobe, lord knows how many rings the Spurs would have had by now.

So Cuban, stop whining and embrace what is your team is on the verge of doing.

Last edited by ro_50; 05-19-2006 at 08:05 AM..
ro_50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 08:05 AM   #440
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?
 
El Guapo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: VA (heart is in TX)
Posts: 3,935
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55CrushEm
Oh, now THAT makes sense! Boo Finley because he got sucker-punched in the nuts ??

Perhaps Terry should go join Logan Mankins and the Patriots.....the nut-punching duo.....
Eh, if you listened to the conversation on the radio you would understand. they were questioning whether or not it actually warranted a suspension. and the fac t that they think it was purely acting on finley's part.

--if the mavs are "whining, complaining and b****ing" they learned it from the best; the spurs. Ive never seen such retardedness. Everytime duncan, parker, etc. foul they throw up their arms like a boy in gradeschool, "me? me? It couldnt be me!"
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 08:07 AM   #441
ro_50
Ring of Famer
 
ro_50's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Somewhere in Jersey
Posts: 3,786
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick_7
Eh, if you listened to the conversation on the radio you would understand. they were questioning whether or not it actually warranted a suspension. and the fac t that they think it was purely acting on finley's part.

--if the mavs are "whining, complaining and b****ing" they learned it from the best; the spurs. Ive never seen such retardedness. Everytime duncan, parker, etc. foul they throw up their arms like a boy in gradeschool, "me? me? It couldnt be me!"

Dude, I'VE SAID THIS REPEATEDLY DURING THE SERIES, EVERY PLAYER WHINES AND COMPLAINS TO THE REFS IN THEIR WAY.

GEEZ, I CANT STAND WHEN SOME OF THESE MAVS FANS THINK THE SPURS ARE THE ONLY WHINERS AND COMPLAINERS. THE MAVS DO IT TOO, THE SUNS DO IT, EVERY TEAM DOES IT.
ro_50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 08:37 AM   #442
Nuggets4
Requisite Nugs Die-Hard
 
Nuggets4's Avatar
 
Buffaloes, Buffaloes, Go C-U!

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 4,335

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Allen Iverson
Default

If Mavs fans boo Finley, they're morons. Especially after all he did for that franchise.
Nuggets4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 08:38 AM   #443
DarkHorse30
Smith Rules
 
DarkHorse30's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,228

Adopt-a-Bronco:
wolf pot roast
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55CrushEm
Finally, for the record.....I hate the NBA. It's pretty much all street ball now....filled with hip-hop'ers.....a lousy, selfish sport.....although I used to be a fan. I have little to no respect for David Stern.....when he pussed out on NOT banning Sprewell from the game for life.

word. No-Basketball-Allowed. Stern wrecked it.
DarkHorse30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 08:40 AM   #444
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?
 
El Guapo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: VA (heart is in TX)
Posts: 3,935
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets4
If Mavs fans boo Finley, they're morons. Especially after all he did for that franchise.
he didnt do crap, AND he's still being payed by dallas.
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 08:43 AM   #445
Nuggets4
Requisite Nugs Die-Hard
 
Nuggets4's Avatar
 
Buffaloes, Buffaloes, Go C-U!

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 4,335

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Allen Iverson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick_7
he didnt do crap, AND he's still being payed by dallas.
And he also carried your franchise for a few years.
Nuggets4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 08:49 AM   #446
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.
 
Rulon Velvet Jones's Avatar
 
Tight Butthole

Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 6,665

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC
Default

Finley is Public Enemy #1 at the game tonight. If you didn't think the boos were loud enough in this series so far, wait until tonight. He/the Spurs organization were the ones that submitted the tape of the nut punch to the league.

Fin ("Mangina") was cheered very loudly during the regular season. Fans really do still appreciate what he did. But now he plays for the enemy, the same team that is looking to take out the Mavericks. If the season wasn't on the line he would be applauded, no doubt.
Rulon Velvet Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 09:15 AM   #447
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive
 
Boobs McGee's Avatar
 
till the day that I die

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Glendale
Posts: 5,002

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P
Default

So, just had to make an observational comment.

While watching the whooping of the suns last night...sorry ludo ....I noticed two things.

1. The Clips did anything they wanted to in the paint.

2. and more importantly...SHAWN MARION HAS THE UGLIEST LOOKING SHOT I'VE EVER SEEN. EVER. All of the 13 year old girls on my nieces team have better looking shots. It really is painful to watch. Everytime the ball is grotesquely pushed with two hands at an awkward diagonal angle from the center of his chest, I'm amazed he gets anywhere near the rim. And then it swishes through. Simply horrible. FUGLY.

anyways
continue on with the thread
Boobs McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 09:55 AM   #448
GonzoLays
Five Tool Poster
 
GonzoLays's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 5,622

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#3 DJ
Default

Its obvious that Jet Terry was going for Finley's family jewels. What a shame too, he was playing great this series. Maybe they should post a sign in the Mavs lockerroom thats says, "Please refrain from touching the other team's balls. Thank you, management."

The problem with the Mavs is that they don't know how to deal with adversity in the playoffs. Last years playoff run was marred by Notwitzki's infamous hissy fit. This years run will be known as Jett Terry's nutgate.

I don't understand the Mavs. When Jet Terry was on the ground fighting for the loose ball, everybody else was thinking about basketball, and Jet was thinking about how he could grab a feel of Finley's balls. Where is your head at Jet? Did Dirk tell you to do it? Were both of you guys jamming out to David Hasselhof before the game and you started to feel a little gay?

As Avery would say, "Foooooocus. Weeeee neeeeeeeed to foooooooocus."
GonzoLays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 09:59 AM   #449
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox
 
RhymesayersDU's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Back In The 303!
Posts: 14,965

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson
Default

Avery is quickly becoming one of my favorite guys in the league. Earlier in the season, when the Mavs dropped a couple games, his tirade/meltdown was so awesome. The best line of that was saying he needs to change his hair. He's the man.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 10:00 AM   #450
jossjeff
Pro Bowler
 
jossjeff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: RaiderNation
Posts: 721
Default

Ugly shot or not Marion is a player.

Dude has been the Suns best player since game 1.

Nash has been real ordinary, Bell and Marion have been carrying them.

Rack my boys for hanging tough.

What the **** is with the long ass break in between games?

Bypassing the weekend for a Monday night game?

Scheduling conflict in the desert?

Whatever, it ****ing sucks that the Suns will get a chance to get their legs back.

The Clippers simply have to defend the 3 point shot better. Give up the midrange jumper, I'm good with that.

Otherwise keep doing what we are doing. Pound it in, slow it down.

The Suns may just basically be a team of jump shooters but you gotta admit that they are one hell of a team of jump shooters.

The Clips are ahead of schedule as far as the playoffs go but winning game 7 in Phoenix might be a tall order.

Still I'll be there pulling for my boys.

Good series so far, game 5 took about 5 years off my life.
jossjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:29 PM.


Denver Broncos