The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NBA & NCAA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. This poll is closed

Old 05-17-2006, 10:57 PM   #401
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister
It was a foul or nothing. The officials clearly reacted and whistled intending to call a foul...but then realized they were in the heartland of Spurs home cookin' and quickly justified the whistle to Tim Duncan.
Actually, it was either a foul or a jump ball. That was a pretty text book tie up. I mean it's not even up for debate. If you were to say that Bowen fouled him, that's one thing. But that was a tie up, and therefore a jump ball.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 10:58 PM   #402
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

This is after they had both come back down to the floor. All ball, good call.

Edit: Stop undercutting jump shooters Bowen. Dirty prick.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 11:00 PM   #403
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

All ball my ass. He's got his arm draped over Dirk's left arm. FOUL.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 11:01 PM   #404
Nuggets4
Requisite Nugs Die-Hard

Buffaloes, Buffaloes, Go C-U!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Allen Iverson

Quote:
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt.
Nuggets4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 11:02 PM   #405
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
The hand is a part of the ball. Jesus, you really don't know **** about basketball, do you?

He blocked the shot from the side and still had a lid on it when they both came back to the ground. That's great defense.

Run along, your D & D buddies are probably wondering what's keeping you.
Old 05-17-2006, 11:17 PM   #406
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.

Tight Butthole

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC

That wasn't where the contact was. Bowen touched his elbow before Dirk went up.

But whatever. I'm not going to dwell on it.

Mavs take it in Dallas Friday night. As if anyone really expected this series to only go 5...
Rulon Velvet Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 05:59 AM   #407
redrage
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
What goes around comes around. Pushing off a stationary Bowen in game 4 and still getting the foul and hitting the game winning free throws doesn't do much for your Karma. Does Dirk watch 'My Name is Earl' or is he to busy watching reruns of baywatch with David Hasslehoff?
redrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 11:53 AM   #408
The Big E
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoLays
Did you watch Inside the NBA afterwards? Kenny the jet showed how you were suppose to guard the three point line, not the basket, when the opposing team is down by three points. I wonder why Ewing was guarding the basket and not the three point line?
I know this is old news now, but that's what I brought up earlier. Everyone is talking about whether or not they should have fouled Bell, and my question was how in the hell do you even let him catch the ball behind the arc? Let him catch in the paint if necessary, because 2 points does them no good. Poor defensive execution.

I mocked the Cavs earlier for being in over their head, but I am eating those words now. I still think Detroit finally gets over themselves and pulls out the series.

The Spurs-Mavs series is a freakin' dogfight. There's just no breathing room. I think ultimately the Mavs will prevail, but now that I said that, they are probably doomed. Sorry, RVJ and Llama.
The Big E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 01:18 PM   #409
Montaq
Perennial Pro-bowler

I don't have a problem with the way the game was called last night. I think there have been bad calls throughout the series that have helped or hurt both teams. However, that was definitely a tie up. I don't think you can call that a foul. It was an excellent play by Bowen.

And now, I can watch the Mavs win the series live and in person on Friday.
Montaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 01:28 PM   #410
GonzoLays
Five Tool Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#3 DJ

PWNED

GonzoLays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 02:00 PM   #411
ro_50
Ring of Famer

Its amazing Bob can sit here and whine about a clean block when Dirk gets more calls in the 4th quarter of games 3 and 4 that you thought he was MJ or something.

Bob, just go back and look at the tapes of those games and tell me w/ a straight face Dirk has not been getting the benefit of some calls.
ro_50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 02:04 PM   #412
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

Ro, you gotta cut the guy some slack.

I mean, all he's thinkin about is:

Quote:
All ball my ass..
balls and his ass.
Boobs McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 04:33 PM   #413
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

Jason Terry has been suspended for game six.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 04:36 PM   #414
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Wow... That could be big, he's been playing well.

Mavs' Terry suspended one game without pay
Associated Press

DALLAS -- Mavericks guard Jason Terry will miss Game 6 against the San Antonio Spurs on Friday night after being suspended one game by the league Thursday for punching San Antonio's Michael Finley in the closing seconds of Game 5.

The punch likely occurred either when or after Terry was on the ground trying to control a loose ball. San Antonio's Manu Ginobili and Finley tied him up, forcing a jump ball with 3.4 seconds left. Terry missed a shot after that, allowing the Spurs to hold on for an 98-97 victory that kept the Mavericks from advancing to the conference finals.

Dallas still leads the series 3-2. If San Antonio wins, Game 7 would be Monday night on the Spurs' home court.

After practice Thursday, Terry was finishing shooting before speaking to reporters when he was called to the locker room by coach Avery Johnson. He didn't return. There was no immediate comment from club officials.
Old 05-18-2006, 04:41 PM   #415
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU
Wow... That could be big, he's been playing well.

Mavs' Terry suspended one game without pay
Associated Press

DALLAS -- Mavericks guard Jason Terry will miss Game 6 against the San Antonio Spurs on Friday night after being suspended one game by the league Thursday for punching San Antonio's Michael Finley in the closing seconds of Game 5.

The punch likely occurred either when or after Terry was on the ground trying to control a loose ball. San Antonio's Manu Ginobili and Finley tied him up, forcing a jump ball with 3.4 seconds left. Terry missed a shot after that, allowing the Spurs to hold on for an 98-97 victory that kept the Mavericks from advancing to the conference finals.

Dallas still leads the series 3-2. If San Antonio wins, Game 7 would be Monday night on the Spurs' home court.

After practice Thursday, Terry was finishing shooting before speaking to reporters when he was called to the locker room by coach Avery Johnson. He didn't return. There was no immediate comment from club officials.
I saw Finley going after Terry and a couple of his teammates restraining him late in that game, but I didn't see why. I guess we know now.
Old 05-18-2006, 04:44 PM   #416
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange
I saw Finley going after Terry and a couple of his teammates restraining him late in that game, but I didn't see why. I guess we know now.
Yeah, I didn't see a punch or anything. This is real odd. No T's given out, they didn't say anything on the broadcast.

This is a phantom suspension.

But I will use it to fuel my NBA conspiracy theory. They suspend Jason Terry for a punch nobody saw. Even the AP article says "The punch likely occurred either when..." meaning even they don't know when it happened.

Yet in round 1, Kwame throws an elbow on purpose and puts his crotch in a Suns' player's face, with no suspension. Stern loves his big market Lakers! Fight the Man! Viva la resistance!
Old 05-18-2006, 04:59 PM   #417
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU
Yeah, I didn't see a punch or anything. This is real odd. No T's given out, they didn't say anything on the broadcast.

This is a phantom suspension.

But I will use it to fuel my NBA conspiracy theory. They suspend Jason Terry for a punch nobody saw. Even the AP article says "The punch likely occurred either when..." meaning even they don't know when it happened.

Yet in round 1, Kwame throws an elbow on purpose and puts his crotch in a Suns' player's face, with no suspension. Stern loves his big market Lakers! Fight the Man! Viva la resistance!
I won't go so far as to say it didn't happen, Finley sure reacted as if something happened. I'll wait until I get a chance to see replays of it later on, I'm sure they'll show something on Sportscenter.

I imagine that whatever happened occured when players were on the floor going for the ball and it obviously went undetected by the officials (hell, Reggie Evans squeezing Chris Kaman's bag went completely unnoticed by the officials too). Finley's teammates calmed him down because the last thing they could afford was having him pick up a technical in the final seconds of a 1 point game. After the game, he probably told the Spurs coaching staff about it and they likely sent a tape to the league.

Again, I haven't seen it so I have no idea how bad it really was or wasn't.
Old 05-18-2006, 05:42 PM   #418
GonzoLays
Five Tool Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#3 DJ

Oh Snap! Jason Terry suspended?

Can you say a game 7 in San Antonio? Wow! What a turn of events.

Wow!
Old 05-18-2006, 05:43 PM   #419
GonzoLays
Five Tool Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#3 DJ

Quote:
Hey Boob...

KISS MY ASS!

Who is going to win the series? Did you say Spurs? I think so.
Old 05-18-2006, 05:44 PM   #420
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

CLOSE DEM OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After I get back from CPR class, ill be watching the Suns whoop on the Clips!!

Lets go Suns!!
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 05:47 PM   #421
GonzoLays
Five Tool Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#3 DJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoLays
Even with the officials clearly on the Mavs side, I still see the Spurs winning this series. All they have to do is win game 6 in Dallas. Which, as you guys have seen, they are very capable of. It is a forgone conclusion that Spurs are going to pound the Mavs in Game 5 in San Antonio. The Mavs can't beat the Spurs in a game 7 in San Antonio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boob
I can't wait to quote this again this week. The Spurs gave everything they had last night and it wasn't good enough. They're exhaused from a strategy standpoint. The Mavericks are CLEARLY the better team.

Now, all that is left for the Mavericks to do is....

FINISH HIM!
Jigga who? Jigga what?
Old 05-18-2006, 05:50 PM   #422
GonzoLays
Five Tool Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#3 DJ

Wow! Jet Terry suspended for game 6. Unbelievable.

I hope angryllama didn't f himself.
Old 05-18-2006, 06:05 PM   #423
GonzoLays
Five Tool Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#3 DJ

Hey Cuban, you want some cheese with that whine.

Mark Cuban, the Mavericks' owner, made the following comments in response to Terry's suspension in an e-mail sent to ESPN on Thursday.
"It's not right, and I told the league so.

"It's certainly not consistent with what the league has done in the past.

"Jason responds to a guy hipchecking him in the head while he is on his back and can't protect himself and he gets suspended. You can't throw a punch while you are on your back and someone is laying on you.

"If Jason had tried to get him off with an open hand, or an elbow, we wouldnt be talking about this at all. Look at [Manu] Ginobli in the replays, he is staring at everything that happens and doesn't respond at all, but all the while you can see the grimace on Jason's face.

"The league also said they didn't know if the [Michael] Finley piledriver with his hip to Jason's head while Ginobli was lying on him was intentional or not. So they couldn't do anything about it.

"Unbelievable. When it's all (said) and done, this series could end up being talked about for all the wrong reasons."
Old 05-18-2006, 06:20 PM   #424
The Big E
Ring of Famer

Wow. I had no idea anything even happened. The league has generally been cracking down much harder this year as far as suspensions go. My initial reaction without seeing it is that they fine but not suspend Terry, but hearing that little biatch Cuban whine about it makes me happy it happened.

BTW, if I was a Mavs fan I'd love having that guy as an owner, but I'm not, so **** him.
The Big E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 06:31 PM   #425
GonzoLays
Five Tool Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#3 DJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big E
Wow. I had no idea anything even happened. The league has generally been cracking down much harder this year as far as suspensions go. My initial reaction without seeing it is that they fine but not suspend Terry, but hearing that little biatch Cuban whine about it makes me happy it happened.

BTW, if I was a Mavs fan I'd love having that guy as an owner, but I'm not, so **** him.
You know what this is, right? This is David Stern showing Mark Cuban who the boss is. You don't think Stern had an itch to scratch with Cuban? It seems like every other day Cuban is taking some pot shot at the league and Stern. Stern said, "Okay, keep messing with me." Stern would fine him money but that meant nothing to Cuban because he's got cash. Stern hit'em were it hurt -- suspending his player on a questionable call and Cuban can't do **** about it.