The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NBA & NCAA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. This poll is closed

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2006, 01:24 AM   #326
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 36,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ro_50
At least Llama does.
I dont think it's fair to knock Bob because he gets excited about Dallas taking their play to the next level and decides to peek in and post on a basketball thread in a general forum on a rival's website in the offseason.

You are better than that, ro. We've had great cordial b-ball discussions in the past. There's no reason why you cant show your level of class to the hooligans and firestarters here on omane.

I would also like to add this...anyone who doubts where my fandom has been focused for the time that I have been on omane needs to refer to the search feature and take the time to do proper research. I dont think that there is another poster who has taken more heat for his "homeristic" takes on the Mavs for the past few seasons.

Another thing...check my "midseason awards" thread. It's right on the money, baby!
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 03:44 AM   #327
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Maryland
Posts: 17,795

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rulon Velvet Jones
Ring talk is hilarious.

I'll even give Gonzo credit in that he doesn't tout the rings the Celtics have.

Let me ask anyone that brings up the Spurs championships the same thing I've been asking them this past week - where are those rings going to get you this year? Besides a fishing trip?

When comparing players it does come into play. You can whine all you want too about it but the fact is Dirk doesnt have squat yet. Does it matter this year? of course not but to talk a big game about a player who hasnt done anything while trashing another player ( a joke within itself ) is ludicrous. Instead of being classless and trashing a player why not concentrate your efforts on how well the Mavs are outplaying the Spurs. But since you and rest of the toolsheds just seem to whine about one player it makes you look even more ridiculous. My general point was is that Duncan has won something worthwhile whereas Dirk has not, thats the bottom line.
Northman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 06:49 AM   #328
ro_50
Ring of Famer
 
ro_50's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Somewhere in Jersey
Posts: 3,786
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryllama
I dont think it's fair to knock Bob because he gets excited about Dallas taking their play to the next level and decides to peek in and post on a basketball thread in a general forum on a rival's website in the offseason.

You are better than that, ro. We've had great cordial b-ball discussions in the past. There's no reason why you cant show your level of class to the hooligans and firestarters here on omane.

I would also like to add this...anyone who doubts where my fandom has been focused for the time that I have been on omane needs to refer to the search feature and take the time to do proper research. I dont think that there is another poster who has taken more heat for his "homeristic" takes on the Mavs for the past few seasons.

Another thing...check my "midseason awards" thread. It's right on the money, baby!
I dont mind our basketball discussions because you are a fan that lives with the team throughout the season and you are obviously passionate about your team, which is a DAMN GOOD TEAM that is one win away from moving on to the Western Conference Finals and has been the best team OVERALL in this year's playoffs in terms of playing and winning its games.

Thats true you take a lot of flak on the board for your "homeristic" takes as you put it and I have apologized for lashing out at you in recent days about the series. Thats not my nature to talk trash or smack and I let the emotions of a tension-filled series get to me.

I have to knock Bob, while he is a die-hard Chiefs fan that follows the team everyday, it bugs me that he didnt even follow the Mavs team throughout the year and then starts talking smack after they take the lead in this series.

In fact, I have criticized some Spurs fans throughout the years hopping on board just for the playoffs when the good times were rolling along and they have been extremely critical of them recently and they dont even watch games during the regular season or at least follow them.
ro_50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 06:54 AM   #329
ro_50
Ring of Famer
 
ro_50's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Somewhere in Jersey
Posts: 3,786
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rulon Velvet Jones
Ring talk is hilarious.

I'll even give Gonzo credit in that he doesn't tout the rings the Celtics have.

Let me ask anyone that brings up the Spurs championships the same thing I've been asking them this past week - where are those rings going to get you this year? Besides a fishing trip?

TD's level of play has been equal to Dirk's in this playoff series, but it just happens that Dirk has a better more well-rounded offensive supporting cast than TD does right now.

Its just some here on this board have criticized TD's play and called out that he's "mentally-weak", which is STUPID.

Dirk hasn't led his team to the Finals and yet, some have annointed his performances as "Legendary".

Legendary titles come to players who have achieved greatness in the playoffs.

Dirk is on his way though to taking his game to the next level, beyond superstar.
ro_50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 06:55 AM   #330
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,145

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ro_50
I
I have to knock Bob, while he is a die-hard Chiefs fan that follows the team everyday, it bugs me that he didnt even follow the Mavs team throughout the year and then starts talking smack after they take the lead in this series.
I followed them, I just didn't watch the games.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 06:55 AM   #331
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,145

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

Tonight, your futures end, Spurs fans! And you too, Gonzo!
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 07:00 AM   #332
ro_50
Ring of Famer
 
ro_50's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Somewhere in Jersey
Posts: 3,786
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister
I followed them, I just didn't watch the games.

Ok, fair enough.
ro_50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 09:00 AM   #333
Nuggets4
Requisite Nugs Die-Hard
 
Nuggets4's Avatar
 
Buffaloes, Buffaloes, Go C-U!

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 4,335

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Allen Iverson
Default

I seriously hope the Mavs are as overconfident as their fans tonight.
Nuggets4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 09:23 AM   #334
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards
 
Rock Chalk's Avatar
 
Laus Deo

Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: The Backside of the Internet
Posts: 29,750

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Slap-
Yeah, the mentally weak Tim Duncan, who put up 35 and 12 and shot 65% from the floor........

Nice to see Dirk has adopted the Playoff Limp. He's not in the class of all time sympathy milkers like Isiah Thomas or Kevin McHale, but he's getting there. Not sure how much more the refs can do for him in this series, though. He practically attempted more free throws than the entire Spurs team. Maybe Cuban can cry even more.
Dirks a ****ing p***Y who cant shoot.

If he couldnt shoot free throws he wouldnt even be in the league.

God I ****ing HATE Dallas.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 09:24 AM   #335
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,145

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec
Dirks a ****ing p***Y who cant shoot.
.


48 percent from the floor...41 percent from the 3-point line.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 09:33 AM   #336
KipCorrington25
Free Safety
 
KipCorrington25's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Centennial
Posts: 3,591
Default

The Spurs are doomed by the curse of Van Excrement. Any team he is on will underachieve and quit.
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 09:38 AM   #337
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.
 
Rulon Velvet Jones's Avatar
 
Tight Butthole

Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 6,683

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec
Dirks a ****ing p***Y who cant shoot.

If he couldnt shoot free throws he wouldnt even be in the league.

God I ****ing HATE Dallas.
That IS hilarious.

If he couldn't shoot free throws....ahahahahahahahahahaaaa!

You should have said that Dirk doesn't post up, I might have given you that one. But to say he doesn't shoot it just ignorant.
Rulon Velvet Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 10:02 AM   #338
ro_50
Ring of Famer
 
ro_50's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Somewhere in Jersey
Posts: 3,786
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KipCorrington25
The Spurs are doomed by the curse of Van Excrement. Any team he is on will underachieve and quit.

I hope you are not implying the Spurs are underachieving and that they have quit.

What type of garbage is that.

If you are referring to NVE's play, he has been awful.

But if you are referring to the Spurs, get a clue.

How are they underachieving in this series or quitting.

They are playing against a great team and they lost two of the three games on the final possession.
ro_50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 10:07 AM   #339
Montaq
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
Montaq's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 738
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec
Dirks a ****ing p***Y who cant shoot.

If he couldnt shoot free throws he wouldnt even be in the league.

God I ****ing HATE Dallas.
I think there are a lot of legitimate criticisms you can make about Dirk's game, his shooting is not one of them.
Montaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 10:10 AM   #340
KipCorrington25
Free Safety
 
KipCorrington25's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Centennial
Posts: 3,591
Default

Well in my opinion not getting out of the second round for the Spurs would be underachieving. I think they would agree. I'll give you the not quitting part but Van Excrement is a quitter so he isn't helping their cause any. Perhaps they will prove me wrong, we will see.
That's the type of garbage this is.
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 10:40 AM   #341
GonzoLays
Five Tool Poster
 
GonzoLays's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 5,622

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#3 DJ
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rulon Velvet Jones
That IS hilarious.

If he couldn't shoot free throws....ahahahahahahahahahaaaa!

You should have said that Dirk doesn't post up, I might have given you that one. But to say he doesn't shoot it just ignorant.
ditto
GonzoLays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 11:28 AM   #342
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 36,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec
Dirks a ****ing p***Y who cant shoot.
If he couldnt shoot free throws he wouldnt even be in the league.
God I ****ing HATE Dallas.
Still upset over that little game 7 collapse last season?

McGrady is great but he just cant seem to get out of the first round. I think that he's a better player than Bryant when he's healthy.

I thank McGrady and Yao for providing the Mavs with alot of the resolve that they have used to outperform their opponents at a level higher than any other playoff team this season. Thanks Houston.
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 11:34 AM   #343
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 36,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rulon Velvet Jones
Ring talk is hilarious.
Let me ask anyone that brings up the Spurs championships the same thing I've been asking them this past week - where are those rings going to get you this year? Besides a fishing trip?
Ring talk is just what results when a team with former glory is getting paved over by a team on it's current path to glory. The inferiority complex that sets in causes the individual to grasp at whatever they can to tell themselves that their team is good too. It's like getting participation ribbons in childrens' athletic events. The current Spur fan has the "Ring" ribbon and the "Refs" ribbon, and they display them audaciously at every opportunity.
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 11:50 AM   #344
GonzoLays
Five Tool Poster
 
GonzoLays's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 5,622

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#3 DJ
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montaq
I think there are a lot of legitimate criticisms you can make about Dirk's game, his shooting is not one of them.
1. No low post game.

2. Despite standing 7 feet tall is unable to block shots.

3. Can be guarded and effectively shut down by players 6-8 inches smaller than him.

4. Cannot control his emotions.

5. Limited playoff success despite playing with and coached by hall of famers.

6. Has trouble creating his own shot.

7. Struggles defensively against players who are just as tall, shorter, and taller than him.


Other than that, he is okay.
GonzoLays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 12:06 PM   #345
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,145

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoLays
5. Limited playoff success despite playing with and coached by hall of famers.

6. Has trouble creating his own shot.
These two are bull****. What hall of famer has Dirk played with? Steve ****ing Nash? Give me a break.

And Dirk's fadeaway is great. The guy hits so many off-balance shots it's amazing.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 12:13 PM   #346
ro_50
Ring of Famer
 
ro_50's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Somewhere in Jersey
Posts: 3,786
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KipCorrington25
Well in my opinion not getting out of the second round for the Spurs would be underachieving. I think they would agree. I'll give you the not quitting part but Van Excrement is a quitter so he isn't helping their cause any. Perhaps they will prove me wrong, we will see.
That's the type of garbage this is.

I wouldnt say its underachieving.

I will give you this, NVE is a scrub out there and just brutal.

Of course the Spurs expectations are to get out of the second round but if they dont, it wont be because of underachieving.

Its more of unfulfilled expecations not underachieving. That word implies the team is not trying hard and not playing as a team and not caring about the task at hand.

They are running into a team w/ all of the answers.

So if its based on expectations, yeah, if they lose one more, they havent lived up to them but its not underachieiving if they lose to the Mavs.
ro_50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 12:14 PM   #347
ro_50
Ring of Famer
 
ro_50's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Somewhere in Jersey
Posts: 3,786
Default

Ok, they are underachieving on the defensive side, I will give you that.
ro_50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 12:37 PM   #348
Nuggets4
Requisite Nugs Die-Hard
 
Nuggets4's Avatar
 
Buffaloes, Buffaloes, Go C-U!

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 4,335

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Allen Iverson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ro_50
I hope you are not implying the Spurs are underachieving and that they have quit.

What type of garbage is that.

If you are referring to NVE's play, he has been awful.

But if you are referring to the Spurs, get a clue.

How are they underachieving in this series or quitting.

They are playing against a great team and they lost two of the three games on the final possession.
NVE is a piece of ****.
Nuggets4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 02:44 PM   #349
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 36,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Mavs/Spurs Classic Clash Version 5 happens tonight at 8:30 CT. I wont be able to watch, but I'll have it Tivo'ed for later.

Blood is in the water...time to go for the kill!

Go Mavs!
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 02:58 PM   #350
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox
 
RhymesayersDU's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Back In The 303!
Posts: 14,992

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange
Raja Bell is playing out of his mind. What a shot.
Looked JUST like Carmelo's 3-pointer from the same spot against the T'Wolves.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:27 AM.


Denver Broncos