The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NBA & NCAA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. This poll is closed

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2006, 12:11 PM   #276
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams
 
ludo21's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 20,076

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster
Default

And its not even the Finals yet!!
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 12:12 PM   #277
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.
 
Rulon Velvet Jones's Avatar
 
Tight Butthole

Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 6,693

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC
Default

Did I just get a shoutout?
Rulon Velvet Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 12:29 PM   #278
GonzoLays
Five Tool Poster
 
GonzoLays's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 5,622

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#3 DJ
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ro_50
You got to be kidding, Llama really said that. When? Was it recently.

I admired and respected MJ but couldn't stand the Bulls. They use to always kick the Spurs butts in the 90's.

If this true, I have lost the respect (not that much to begin w/) I had for Llama.

That is what I don't get about bandwagon fans. How do you live and die with the Chicago Bulls for 10 years and then all of a sudden switch alliances and act as if you the most hardcore Mavs fan in America? He was a Bulls fan then, when the going got tough, he jumped on the upstart Mavericks bandwagon. And now he posts 20 times a day about the Mavs. If the Broncos started to lose he would jump on the Cowboys bandwagon.

Atleast Rulon Velvet Jones and Boob stayed with their teams through thick and thin.
GonzoLays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 01:02 PM   #279
ro_50
Ring of Famer
 
ro_50's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Somewhere in Jersey
Posts: 3,786
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoLays
That is what I don't get about bandwagon fans. How do you live and die with the Chicago Bulls for 10 years and then all of a sudden switch alliances and act as if you the most hardcore Mavs fan in America? He was a Bulls fan then, when the going got tough, he jumped on the upstart Mavericks bandwagon. And now he posts 20 times a day about the Mavs. If the Broncos started to lose he would jump on the Cowboys bandwagon.

Atleast Rulon Velvet Jones and Boob stayed with their teams through thick and thin.

If he did that, then thats awful. He turned his back on the Bulls, who are not that shabby anymore.

But this happens a lot, you dont see Bulls fans anymore. They were everywhere during the 90's and when their run ended, a lot of the hoppers hopped off.

They still sell out regularly and still have a decent fan base.

I remember when the Spurs first won the title in 1999, the feeling you got from being a fan for so many years. I know fans are not part of the team, we're not athletes or anything. But its great to see a team you root for finally win it after struggling for so many years.

To bad bangwagon or fairweather fans dont feel the same when their team wins.
ro_50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 01:59 PM   #280
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 36,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

What a bunch of goobers! You guys are now trying hard to slander my fandom? Hah!

Just FYI, I became a Mavericks fan when I moved to Texas in '89. I was also a Micheal Jordan fan because I lived in a non-NBA city and saw all of the nationally telecast Bulls games. Jordan was a phenomenal player. How could you not hang on every shot? Call that what you will, but it doesnt bother me any.
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 02:10 PM   #281
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 36,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister
My favorite Mavs game of all time was back in 93 or 94...can't remember when, but I think they won about 15 games that year. Popeye Jones laid in the game winning shot against the heavily favored Bulls and Reunion Arena went wild. Reunion Arena was one of the loudest basketball arenas ever...
Unfortunately, that's the only thing that the three J's ever had going for them. A win over the Bulls. Jackson scored 50 once, and Kidd did the Kidd thing pretty regularly, but those bums all sucked together. You can really see the genius of Nellie in the house cleaning that followed his entry to the franchise. The three J's were shipped out, and Nellie acquired Nash, Finley, Nowitzki, Howard, Daniels, Harris, and brought AJ in to tutor before leaving the coaching position. Nellie really set the table for AJ and brought him in to take the team up a notch.
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 02:30 PM   #282
GonzoLays
Five Tool Poster
 
GonzoLays's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 5,622

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#3 DJ
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryllama
What a bunch of goobers! You guys are now trying hard to slander my fandom? Hah!

Just FYI, I became a Mavericks fan when I moved to Texas in '89. I was also a Micheal Jordan fan because I lived in a non-NBA city and saw all of the nationally telecast Bulls games. Jordan was a phenomenal player. How could you not hang on every shot? Call that what you will, but it doesnt bother me any.
Bandwagon Fan Characteristics
A bandwagon sports fan will typically root for a team in a particular sport that is the most visible and is successful. Most often bandwagon fans prefer teams that have a long tradition of winning championships (New York Yankees, Dallas Cowboys, Los Angeles Lakers, Chicago Bulls, Duke basketball, Notre Dame football) as well as having well known popular athletes playing for those teams such as Derek Jeter, Magic Johnson or Michael Jordan.





If the Mavs lose before they reach the finals are you going to jump on the Shaq and Wade bandwagon?
GonzoLays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 02:33 PM   #283
Montaq
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
Montaq's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 738
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryllama
What a bunch of goobers! You guys are now trying hard to slander my fandom? Hah!

Just FYI, I became a Mavericks fan when I moved to Texas in '89. I was also a Micheal Jordan fan because I lived in a non-NBA city and saw all of the nationally telecast Bulls games. Jordan was a phenomenal player. How could you not hang on every shot? Call that what you will, but it doesnt bother me any.
I guess I'm a bandwagon fan with you Llama. I didn't even watch the NBA until '98 when I moved to Dallas. Oh well, my season tickets don't cost extra for jumping on board late.
Montaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 02:35 PM   #284
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 36,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoLays
Bandwagon Fan Characteristics
A bandwagon sports fan will typically root for a team in a particular sport that is the most visible and is successful. Most often bandwagon fans prefer teams that have a long tradition of winning championships (New York Yankees, Dallas Cowboys, Los Angeles Lakers, Chicago Bulls, Duke basketball, Notre Dame football) as well as having well known popular athletes playing for those teams such as Derek Jeter, Magic Johnson or Michael Jordan.
If the Mavs lose before they reach the finals are you going to jump on the Shaq and Wade bandwagon?
Still upset that every bit of basketball delusion that you vomited all over this board is being wiped away and sanitized by reality? Aww...poor Gonzo. His over-the-top attention grabs are proving again to be nothing more than the ramblings of a racist whackjob.

Go Mavs!
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 02:37 PM   #285
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 36,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montaq
I guess I'm a bandwagon fan with you Llama. I didn't even watch the NBA until '98 when I moved to Dallas. Oh well, my season tickets don't cost extra for jumping on board late.
They're just upset because they know that I've been right

They have had to fish up some kind of slander...let them have their crusade. We'll watch our Mavs prove the doubters wrong again.
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 02:41 PM   #286
GonzoLays
Five Tool Poster
 
GonzoLays's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 5,622

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#3 DJ
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montaq
I guess I'm a bandwagon fan with you Llama.
Quoted for truth!
GonzoLays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 02:42 PM   #287
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Maryland
Posts: 17,795

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WABronco
Is Dirk his fullname?

I hate Duncan too. If I was a ref, I'd T him up every time he looked at me with that stupid "oh shucks" look.

Duncan- 3 Rings
Dirk- Goose Egg


Northman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 02:45 PM   #288
ro_50
Ring of Famer
 
ro_50's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Somewhere in Jersey
Posts: 3,786
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis
Duncan- 3 Rings
Dirk- Goose Egg



Dirk is great player and may become a HOF player, but he has ways to go to reach TD's status.

TD is a legend, perhaps the best player of this generation alongside Shaq.
ro_50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 02:46 PM   #289
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Maryland
Posts: 17,795

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ro_50
Dirk is great player and may become a HOF player, but he has ways to go to reach TD's status.

TD is a legend, perhaps the best player of this generation alongside Shaq.

Yep, although i think Duncan is far superior to Snak in terms of all around ability. But yea, Timmy has done a lot more than Dirk and has done it with Class. All these haters just need to put their tail between their legs and recognize.
Northman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 02:55 PM   #290
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,184

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

They were just talking on the radio today about what a marvelous job AJ has done...the Mavericks were a jump-shooting team with no defense two seasons ago.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 03:01 PM   #291
ro_50
Ring of Famer
 
ro_50's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Somewhere in Jersey
Posts: 3,786
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister
They were just talking on the radio today about what a marvelous job AJ has done...the Mavericks were a jump-shooting team with no defense two seasons ago.
AJ has them playing Spurs type defense, well until this round because both teams' defenses have been awful.
ro_50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 03:13 PM   #292
GonzoLays
Five Tool Poster
 
GonzoLays's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 5,622

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#3 DJ
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister
They were just talking on the radio today about what a marvelous job AJ has done...the Mavericks were a jump-shooting team with no defense two seasons ago.
Outside of Devin Harris they still are a jump shooting team. And the defense? blah.
GonzoLays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 03:28 PM   #293
GonzoLays
Five Tool Poster
 
GonzoLays's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 5,622

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#3 DJ
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryllama
Unfortunately, that's the only thing that the three J's ever had going for them. A win over the Bulls. Jackson scored 50 once, and Kidd did the Kidd thing pretty regularly, but those bums all sucked together. You can really see the genius of Nellie in the house cleaning that followed his entry to the franchise. The three J's were shipped out, and Nellie acquired Nash, Finley, Nowitzki, Howard, Daniels, Harris, and brought AJ in to tutor before leaving the coaching position. Nellie really set the table for AJ and brought him in to take the team up a notch.
Hey Llama, Don Nelson was not the guy that traded Jason Kidd or acquired Michael Finley. Any "diehard" Mavs would know when the savior of the franchise arrived and what moves he made. Micheal Finley was already on the roster and they had traded Kidd long before Nellie ever stepped foot in that town. How come you did know that? Oh, that's right, you were riding the Bulls bandwagon when Nellie arrived. My bad. Carry on.
GonzoLays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 04:57 PM   #294
The Big E
Ring of Famer
 
The Big E's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Hermosa Beach
Posts: 1,906
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets4
Bavetta's a joke. There's a reason he got the nickname "The Cooler". I was surprised he was reffing last night's game to be brutally honest. Usually the NBA saves him for when they're trying to prevent a sweep because they know that he's influenced by the crowd.

The only good thing about the officiating in the playoffs is that we haven't seen Violet Palmer.
I don't care for the Mavs or the Spurs, although I'd prefer to see Dallas move on. Nonetheless, I think Dallas has been getting a surprising number of calls. Dirt is getting Jordan-esque calls in his favor.

The Spurs certainly can't be counted out, but they also aren't playing at the level of past years. It doesn't really matter because the REAL Western Conference finals is being played between LAC and Phoenix. Are ya' with me, Ludo?
The Big E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 06:58 PM   #295
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,184

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoLays
Outside of Devin Harris they still are a jump shooting team. And the defense? blah.
What a joke. Their defense has been good enough to slap the Spurs 3 times in 4 games. Every one of them drives to the basket consistently, even Dirk.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 07:05 PM   #296
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata
 
Clockwork Orange's Avatar
 
I seen him!

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 21,352
Default

You're a frontrunning fag, Bob.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 07:17 PM   #297
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.
 
Rulon Velvet Jones's Avatar
 
Tight Butthole

Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 6,693

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC
Default

Ring talk is hilarious.

I'll even give Gonzo credit in that he doesn't tout the rings the Celtics have.

Let me ask anyone that brings up the Spurs championships the same thing I've been asking them this past week - where are those rings going to get you this year? Besides a fishing trip?
Rulon Velvet Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 09:15 PM   #298
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams
 
ludo21's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 20,076

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big E
I don't care for the Mavs or the Spurs, although I'd prefer to see Dallas move on. Nonetheless, I think Dallas has been getting a surprising number of calls. Dirt is getting Jordan-esque calls in his favor.

The Spurs certainly can't be counted out, but they also aren't playing at the level of past years. It doesn't really matter because the REAL Western Conference finals is being played between LAC and Phoenix. Are ya' with me, Ludo?

Darn straight!

I would NOT be surprised to see the Clips or Suns make the Finals and beat MAvs or Spurs. The playoffs are just that way this season!

20 min. til game time, big game tonight!
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 09:21 PM   #299
ro_50
Ring of Famer
 
ro_50's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Somewhere in Jersey
Posts: 3,786
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister
What a joke. Their defense has been good enough to slap the Spurs 3 times in 4 games. Every one of them drives to the basket consistently, even Dirk.

Bob, are you insane. Both teams have played awful defense and the reason the Mavs are ahead is not cuz of their defense but because of their offensive execution.
ro_50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 10:02 PM   #300
jossjeff
Pro Bowler
 
jossjeff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: RaiderNation
Posts: 721
Default

Quote:
Darn straight!

I would NOT be surprised to see the Clips or Suns make the Finals and beat MAvs or Spurs. The playoffs are just that way this season!

20 min. til game time, big game tonight!
****ing RACK!

Bring on the new blood!

I'm so pumped for this game tonight!

Good start for the Clips but way early still.
jossjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:06 PM.


Denver Broncos